LKL/Ramseys: Caller Salt Lake City

TLynn said:
However, I would think the pay isn't that great. Doesn't the State Legislature only meet once or twice a month (which is all they're paid for)?

Most state legislatures meet once a year and the sessions last for 30 to 60 days. There are miscellaneous committee meetings in between sessions and, of course, public invitations to attend and speak. Most state legislators have other jobs.

Edited to add that the Michigan Legislature consists of 110 representatives and 38 senators. The representatives are elected for 2-year terms and begin serving on January 1.

Edited again to add that I think that legislators in Michigan are at the high end for salaries among the nations state legislators. Michigan is believed to be paying them $79,500 plus a lot of benefits (which, of course, they voted for themselves).

JMO

Don'tcha just love John stating they're readily available to answer questions (re: the case?).

Seeing those two loosers on LKL last night was enough to get me interested in this case again.

Patsy must be the only woman in the history of the world to survive Type 4 ovarian cancer. I guess she is so sure that she will meet JBR in Heaven that she forgets who put her there.

Petronella said:
King is being very presumptuous when he talks about November. Ramsey has to get through the Republican primary first, in August, where five QUALIFIED candidates are running against him.

My prediction...Ramsey will fizzle out, and keep the money raised in his primary campaign war chest.

What you said Petronella makes sense to me. I can see the 'campaign' fund going the way the foundation fund went....into John Ramsey's pocket.

Trisha!!! You were awesome! My hubby started to ask a question and I shushed him the second I heard Salt Lake City, then a woman's voice came on and when I heard the rest!!!!!! I couldn't believe it! Surely it wasn't Trisha...or was it? It had to be.

Why Nutt...John couldn't give any specifics on what he'd DO, really do to make changes. Duh....I'll make more jobs. Well yeah, all politicians say that. Ever hear one say "I'll create less jobs?" No how to do it...how will he make more jobs available? What's his plan? I think a 10 minute debate with any of the other qualified candidates will ruin Ramsey's political career.

Show Me said:
Trisha!!! You were awesome! My hubby started to ask a question and I shushed him the second I heard Salt Lake City, then a woman's voice came on and when I heard the rest!!!!!! I couldn't believe it! Surely it wasn't Trisha...or was it? It had to be.
I agree. Tricia, you were awesome -- articulate, professional. The minute I heard "Salt Lake City" I knew who it was gonna be. :)

So, hmmmm, nobody else has an opinion on what Fleet & wife might have to say about this Ramsey for Representative thing? Maybe he's just going to be one of those NIMBY people as long as John stays in Michigan and stays out of Colorado.

trixie said:
So, hmmmm, nobody else has an opinion on what Fleet & wife might have to say about this Ramsey for Representative thing? Maybe he's just going to be one of those NIMBY people as long as John stays in Michigan and stays out of Colorado.

Fleet is waiting for the trial. He wants to do his talking in a courtroom.

Patsy and John both looked really old.

Show Me said:
Why Nutt...John couldn't give any specifics on what he'd DO, really do to make changes. Duh....I'll make more jobs. Well yeah, all politicians say that. Ever hear one say "I'll create less jobs?" No how to do it...how will he make more jobs available? What's his plan? I think a 10 minute debate with any of the other qualified candidates will ruin Ramsey's political career.

You are right. I noticed that. It reminded me of the beauty queens of days gone by who used to say "I'd like to travel the world and work with children". He sounded unprepared and unspecific and his answers were like those a 10 year old would come up with if they were asked what a politician should try to do.

Yep Jayelles, it appears Ramsey doesn't have any real plans at all. I'm going to see if I can find the news article I read yesterday where most of the Charlevioux residents were NOT pleased Ramsey was running for office.

http://rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_2870239,00.html

The url to a recent Charlie Brennan, the article is rather long. So I'm only going to post what the opposition in Charleviox has to say.
--------------------------------------------------------
Not everyone in Ramsey's district cares for him, however.

"I don't think that he has a prayer, to tell you the truth," said Charlevoix resident Russ Mize, a Republican. "Because when they (area residents) hear his name, they're disgusted."

He paused as he finished up his breakfast at Judy's, a no-frills Charlevoix diner where local politics often get hashed out over hash browns.

"I know I'm disgusted. But I can't speak for everyone."

Mize then uttered a phrase often voiced, especially by people who choose to say far less about Ramsey than Mize did: "I have to live in this town."

Show Me said:
"I don't think that he has a prayer, to tell you the truth," said Charlevoix resident Russ Mize, a Republican. "Because when they (area residents) hear his name, they're disgusted."
"I know I'm disgusted. But I can't speak for everyone."
Oh dear. Where's the love?

BTW, I noticed that John and Patsy seem to have differing views on the love comin' their way. In the LKL interview John said: ...hundreds and hundreds of people reached out to us with compassion, caring, sympathy. People took time out of their lives to reach out to us... people treat us wonderfully, with compassion, with sympathy. ...It's wonderful to be in public, people are so kind. ...So, we have never, with rare exception, felt anything but compassion from our fellow man.

But Patsy said: [Jesus Christ] said this life will not be easy. There will be tribulation and people will revile you and slander you, but he has overcome and that we live for that.

And here I thought Patsy was the one out of touch with reality... lol.

Hi,

I watched part of the show and something really struck me. My eyes were suddenly fixed on Patsy.

After Patsy's dear friend called, whose husband had died of cancer where she was being treated as well, the subject abruptly changed when Larry asked John about his political campaign. I watched Patsy. She stared out into space, her head tipped a bit away from John, and had a far away look in her eye. She wasn't even listening to him. Then she moved her right arm and bringing herself back into reality listened to what her husband was saying.

It was like her mind suddenly shifted into another plane and her eyes were wide open and looking out, thinking and remembering, maybe about the friend who died of cancer.

Nothing more to it than that, except I thought it was a most unusual thing to happen while you are a guest on a national TV show!

Scandi

hi scandi
I noticed that too! She seemed to be staring off into space with this faraway look on her face. I thought maybe she was watching something but she didn't really seem to be "in the now". It was really noticable. She was looking off to her left. I'm new here too. It's a great board. Welcome!

Hi Trixie,

Nice to meet you ;) Do you know a lot of particulars about the case? I think the only way to learn about the case in depth is to dig in, don't you? There have been quite a few news blurbs about the case lately, so you know, it just could be that the case is ready to get solved! LOL

Scandi

She stared out into space, her head tipped a bit away from John.

I suspect she was thinking about Tricia's question regarding the Foundation, and how she had just been caught in a red hot lie when she said "The Foundation" gave $1000 to the children's camp. :eek:

Hah! I believe you are right! And John was shook up enough, he couldn't give a real answer.

What I want to know is...why aren't the newspapers and Ramsey's opponents addressing the Foundation issue? Is Woody ready to sue anyone over any question that offends John? Do the others fear a lawsuit?

You'd think Charlevioux would want someone with an open and honest approach to work with people's tax money.

The IRS said the foundation was 'defunct'....and Patsy has miraculously resurrected it last week. I'm confused...does the foundation exist or not?

why_nutt said:
Here is Tricia's moment in the sun. Jayelles, now you will see it as we did.

http://s92053900.onlinehome.us/CNN_2004-05-12_LKL_Tricia_and_Ramseys.wmv

Edited to add:

There is a small glitch towards the end when Patsy's audio and video go slightly out of sync. That is in the file, not in your player. And I just noted that small headshake "no" Patsy gives when John says he could not hear the second part of the question. Why would she have any sort of reaction to what John says he could or could not hear?

Thank YOU Why_nut for making this available. I don't have cable and didn't get to see the program and the LKL text file just doesn't do justice to actually hearing the audio portion. I had to download the file but my Media Player 9 brings it really good. Thank YOU again. :clap: :clap: :clap:

And Tricia....WAY TO GO GIRL !! You da woman !!

ACandyRose
http://www.acandyrose.com
http://www.jonbenetindexguide.com

Show Me said:
... The IRS said the foundation was 'defunct'....and Patsy has miraculously resurrected it last week. I'm confused...does the foundation exist or not?

Not only did Patsy resurrect a defunct foundation in less than an LKL minute, it miraculously reappeared in time to give money in Charlevoix where John is running for office.

First, let's look at an article dated February 21, 1999. Just two years after the foundation was started, it had done nothing, and no records were available.

"Ramsey children's fund seems idle"

http://denver.rockymountainnews.com/extra/ramsey/0221fnd2.shtml

Now, let's look at what Patsy actually said during that miraculous resurrection ...

P. RAMSEY: This week, however, we did present $1,000 worth of scholarships to Mount McSauba Day Camp here in Charlevoix, Michigan, where JonBenet and Burke both attended day camp. JonBenet was the camper of the year one summer. And we were very happy that the foundation was able to provide some scholarship money for campers this year.

Notice ... in the beginning, Patsy doesn't say the money comes from the foundation. She says "we" presented $1,000 worth of scholarships.

I suspect the "we" Patsy refers to is either the Ramseys looking for a personal tax write-off, or money given by John's political campaign fund looking for good press.

In typical Patsy fashion, (except when she suddenly loses her memory and "can't remember"), Patsy adds details that were not necessary to the answer. She brags about JonBenet being "camper of the year one summer." What does that have to do with anything? Once again, it's all about "image" for Patsy.

In Patsy's last sentence, she renames the previous "we" as the "foundation." "And we were very happy that the foundation was able to provide some scholarship money for campers this year."

They were very happy? the foundation was able to provide money for campers?

I should think they'd be STUNNED! It's an absolute marvel! Just when the IRS says the foundation is dead and gone, it comes back with a vengeance and starts throwing money around Charlevoix.

I wish someone in Charlevoix would investigate what Ramsey "fund" gave a check to the Mount McSauba Day Camp. I guarantee it wasn't the Ramsey JBR foundation. Patsy is hoping her little public relations "explanation" will slip in under the radar.

IMO

ACandyRose said:
Thank YOU Why_nut for making this available. I don't have cable and didn't get to see the program and the LKL text file just doesn't do justice to actually hearing the audio portion. I had to download the file but my Media Player 9 brings it really good. Thank YOU again. :clap: :clap: :clap:

And Tricia....WAY TO GO GIRL !! You da woman !!

ACandyRose
http://www.acandyrose.com
http://www.jonbenetindexguide.com

I am delighted to be able to bring this added dimension to the online record, because there really is no substitute for seeing a person's body language and hearing a person's tone of voice when saying words which, on the page, take on intonations the reader is forced to invent with no regard for what was fact. But then, that is why a jury is given permission to, and encouraged to, judge trial witnesses on their demeanor.

If anyone has any requests for particular clips, by the way, feel free to post that request. I do not have all of the case-related videos, but I have a fair number of them.

Cherokee said:
I wish someone in Charlevoix would investigate what Ramsey "fund" gave a check to the Mount McSauba Day Camp. I guarantee it wasn't the Ramsey JBR foundation. Patsy is hoping her little public relations "explanation" will slip in under the radar.

IMO

I am rather curious as to who exactly they made the check out to. The Mount McSauba Day Camp is paid for by the City of Charlevoix, and is part of the city budget. I have not found any references to an ordinary citizen being able to donate an amount of money to the city just for the use of the camp, nor have I found any reference to the city asking for people to fund it specially. The camp runs on tax dollars.

why_nutt said:
I am delighted to be able to bring this added dimension to the online record, because there really is no substitute for seeing a person's body language and hearing a person's tone of voice when saying words which, on the page, take on intonations the reader is forced to invent with no regard for what was fact.

You're absolutely right.

Scientific studies in the field of neurolinguistic programming illustrate the fact that about 58% of communication comes from body language, 35% percent from tonality while only 7% comes from the actual words we use.

I, too, want to thank you, Why_Nutt, for making these clips available.

IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back