LKL/Ramseys: Caller Salt Lake City

Cherokee said:
I suspect the "we" Patsy refers to is either the Ramseys looking for a personal tax write-off, or money given by John's political campaign fund looking for good press.
Cherokee, great post and excellent analysis, as always. :)

why_nutt said:
I have not found any references to an ordinary citizen being able to donate an amount of money to the city just for the use of the camp, nor have I found any reference to the city asking for people to fund it specially. The camp runs on tax dollars.
Good catch, Why_nutt. Hmmm. A cynical person might think this "scholarship" was nothing more than a thousand bucks worth of Charlevoix schmoozing. And in the name of campers, no less. (When are those Ramseys gonna stop using children for their own self-serving purposes?)

why_nutt said:
I am rather curious as to who exactly they made the check out to. The Mount McSauba Day Camp is paid for by the City of Charlevoix, and is part of the city budget. I have not found any references to an ordinary citizen being able to donate an amount of money to the city just for the use of the camp, nor have I found any reference to the city asking for people to fund it specially. The camp runs on tax dollars.

Excellent point, Why-Nutt.

Here's some information regarding the Day Camp.

http://www.charlevoix.org/todo-parks.htm

Mount McSauba is the highest of the steep sand dunes north of Charlevoix and the centerpiece of a 50-acre recreation complex owned and operated by the city ...

In the summer, Mount McSauba becomes a city-operated day camp for boys and girls.

Charlevoix City - Day Camp, MT Mc Sauba Ski Hill
McSauba Road, Charlevoix, MI 49720
(231) 547-3267

I called the phone number listed and asked if the McSauba Day Camp accepted monetary donations from the public even though it was funded by taxpayer dollars.

The nice young woman at the other end of the line seemed pleasantly surprised at my question, but said "yes" they did accept public donations.

An investigative reporter needs to take it from here. They should be able to access city records to see what Ramsey "fund" wrote a check to the McSauba Day Camp, and whether it was drawn on a JBR foundation account.

If Patsy lied, and the check came from a source other than the foundation, then that information needs to be made public. If the Ramseys DID write a check from the JBR foundation, then the IRS needs to be notified.

IMO

why_nutt said:
I am rather curious as to who exactly they made the check out to. The Mount McSauba Day Camp is paid for by the City of Charlevoix, and is part of the city budget. I have not found any references to an ordinary citizen being able to donate an amount of money to the city just for the use of the camp, nor have I found any reference to the city asking for people to fund it specially. The camp runs on tax dollars.

I'm by no means taking up for the Ramseys, cuz I think they don't know how to tell the truth, BUT... I work for a city government and ordinary citizens make donations all the time to our parks and recreation department to be used specifically for a particular park or a particular program at the recreation dept. Many senior citizens give money to the seniors programs. Many people donate for baseball equipment...etc. So I don't find that it would be odd for a citizen to donate to this camp through the city. However, I'd be interested to know if the foundation donated or if the Ramseys indvidually donated.

Cherokee excellent observations!!!!

Indeed....someone needs to notify the IRS the foundation still exists. Also the charity watch group thingie Sabrina has the url to it still I hope.

I bought the paperback copy of DOI and it didn't mention any lawyers being paid, only the foundation would benefit...so I'm allowed to donate and yet not allowed to know how my donation went?

If only a good michigan resident could write a commentary questioning the foundation....maybe John and Patsy will give us a real answer.

I think they spent the money on themselves and of course the 'donation' to the children's camp was pure publicity.

When have the Ramseys ever donated anything to anyone and not shout it out on TV or write about it in a book?

I'm going to butt in here.....been reading alot, and boy is there a lot to read here!

Does anyone know where the Ramsey's live in Charlevoix.......what neighborhood , what kind of house, how much did they pay? That should be public knowledge but I'm too new here to see if it's been posted.

For the second time I'm getting interested in this case, not that I wasn't before but now that I've found some poster's I know from the Peterson case........I wanna be here! LOL It's really an intriquing case.

I'm very much leaning to the Ramsey's involvement in the murder. If you have a answer to any of my question's about where they live........let me know. Now back to more and more and more reading! :blowkiss:

BTY Tricia.......that's so super you got through to LK.......too bad you didn't get your second question answered!

xxxxxxxo
mama come lately!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starrynight8974