Local 6 Uncovers New Info in Anthony Case

When was the last time we saw "new previously unknown" info from one of these news guys that was not stuff that we had already been discussing here for weeks? Just because the public doesn't know does not mean that it is not publicly available information.

Wasn't there some brew haha about pooor Caylee's skull :( and how it was found righted and speculation it was placed that way? Am I imagining that?

Oh now the crime scene was staged? Is this payback for the tampering investigation? Now they are going to try an OJ defense? This just pizzes me off. Still waiting for the ahhhhhhhhh.

The defense's medical examiner who performed the second autopsy on Caylee opened the skull (unlike Dr. G.) and found soil on one side. As a result he made the claim that the body was not found "upright" as claimed by the state. The state certainly has photos of the skull as they found it (and described in the investigative reports), sitting upright with duct tape covering the mouth and nasal areas. So I believe that the depositions done by the defense of the investigators who first responded to the scene would have gone down the path of asking whether or not any of the evidence were altered or staged.

I seem to recall a while back at either one of the hearings or buried in a motion was a request by the state that the defense quit attacking the integrity of investigators unless they have some clear evidence supporting their attacks and insinuations. I would guess that Mr. Pipitone is seeing / reading those attacks in the depositions of state witnesses.

Oh yeah this is just more of the same from Pipitone, so far this week they have hit up RH, The Equirer, had an exclusive on wesh, and now this....Pipitone...spin..spin..spin..spin..spin I'm getting dizzy..

They have.....nothing!!! just a rehash to irritate those of us who know better.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/26980723/detail.html

Pipitone is still poring over the information, which centers on what is being said and done behind closed doors in the case against Anthony

Some parts of the information raises questions about "Alternative Theories" and that some evidence was staged?? I wonder if this has anything to do with the searchers and tips during the time Dominic Casey was around?

IMO, some party feels the need to offer up this information to a media outlet. Wait it's a Nielsen Ratings"Sweeps" period right now isn't it? Just checked...Yes it is.

Pipitone is still poring over the information, which centers on what is being said and done behind closed doors in the case against Anthony

Some parts of the information raises questions about "Alternative Theories" and that some evidence was staged?? I wonder if this has anything to do with the searchers and tips during the time Dominic Casey was around?

IMO, some party feels the need to offer up this information to a media outlet. Wait it's a Nielsen Ratings"Sweeps" period right now isn't it? Just checked...Yes it is.

I would LOVE to hear new stuff that is a slant on what we really know - but the cynic in me is really insisting on leading on this one - sigh.

IMHO. No jury is going to believe that anyone other than Casey Anthony murdered Caylee Marie and disposed of her in the woods off Suburban Drive. No matter what the defense does to spin the truth.

:twocents:

I'm interested to know what info goes to showing it was a homicide in addition to what we already know. I see that as favorable to the state.

I really don't think there is a conspiracy or anything untoward going on here. We've known through the court notices when certain depositions are being taken and that the defense has been paying for transcription services (no doubt the state too, but they don't have to announce it to the JAC). Like any good crime reporter, Mr. Pipitone probably has a good relationship with employees at the courthouse. It's not much of a stretch to imagine him calling them up and saying "Hey, I noticed Joe Shmo was deposed three weeks ago. Is that deposition in the public record yet? It is? Great, I'll be right down for a copy."

The other media outlets have not bothered doing that.

Oh now the crime scene was staged? Is this payback for the tampering investigation? Now they are going to try an OJ defense? This just pizzes me off. Still waiting for the ahhhhhhhhh.

I was thinking the same thing. That just screams of desperation but what else can they do?

BBM - If I had to guess? I think JB is having absolutely no luck in Chicago and he is going to go after Roy Kronk in the media again. Reasonable doubt and jury pool tainting, ya know? He has 75 days until jury selection and he is desperate.
That's my thought too and that the "staging" has to do with the duct tape .. I don't think Roy is out of the woods (no pun intended) yet ...:twocents:

Theory: Abstract thought; speculation
Staged: to produce or cause to happen for public view or public effect

So they are speculating that the crime scene was staged? Okay, let's think about this? What could have been staged?

Caylee's remains? Are they going to say that someone, other than Casey Anthony, had Caylee's remains stashed somewhere else? That they waited until Caylee's remains were completely skeletonized and then dismembered this poor baby and scattered her around a large area off Suburban Drive? That they then were smart enough to think to meticuously stage plant growth around the now scattered remains to make it appear that she had been there for 4-6 months? Yeah, okay!! :maddening:

All evidence that links back to the Anthony home? That someone who had access to the Anthony home, between July 2008 and December 2008 (Law Enforcement, Leonard Padilla and his crew, Tim Miller, etc... ) took items from the Anthony home and placed them at the crime scene?

The duct tape? So someone took numerous pieces of this rare brand of duct tape from the Anthony home and placed it in swamp-like conditions long enough for it to appear the way it was eventually found over Caylee's skull? That they were able to reattach Caylee's hair to her skull, just so, and put her manable, just so, so that it appeared to have been there the entire time? Yeah, okay!! :maddening:

The Whitney Laundry Bag, the Winnie the Pooh blanket, and the pink blanket? Again, so someone took these items from the Anthony home and were able to store them in swamp-like conditions so that it would appear that they had been at that location for the entire time? They were able to think far enough ahead to take leaves and place them on top of these items based on the seasons? Yeah, okay!! :maddening:

Who wants to bet that we will be seeing George and Cindy for an interview VERY SOON?

It always bothered me that Casey said to Cindy in one of the jail videos that Zanny had a key to the house. Casey knew if Caylee was found there would be a lot of incriminating evidence from the home with the body. Ridiculous and completely unbelievable lie but necessary. Anyone remember who found the baby blanket in that area? Was it DC or JJ?

In the face of all the negative publicity in the last couple of weeks, it comes as no surprise this media blitz has been orchestrated by the defense to positively affect any jury pool that will listen to the spin. Sounds like one of the "gather together around the camp fire" junkets with all the usual suspects (Lyon etc.) to plot a positive response to the tanking of the defense "body wasn't there theory and JB's bar complaints". Too little much too late..

I really don't think there is a conspiracy or anything untoward going on here. We've known through the court notices when certain depositions are being taken and that the defense has been paying for transcription services (no doubt the state too, but they don't have to announce it to the JAC). Like any good crime reporter, Mr. Pipitone probably has a good relationship with employees at the courthouse. It's not much of a stretch to imagine him calling them up and saying "Hey, I noticed Joe Shmo was deposed three weeks ago. Is that deposition in the public record yet? It is? Great, I'll be right down for a copy."

The other media outlets have not bothered doing that.

Depositions transcripts aren't normally filed, though, until and unless they are being used in court for some purpose.

But I don't think there's anything wrong with giving a copy of an unfiled depo transcript to a reporter, unless the court has ordered otherwise (which this one hasn't AFAIK).

I'm interested to know what info goes to showing it was a homicide in addition to what we already know. I see that as favorable to the state.

It's not really earth-shattering that there is information that backs up that Caylee's death was a homicide. I seriously don't see how anyone could claim that a two-year-old baby, whose remains were found double bagged in garbage bags, duct tape wrapped around her mouth and nose, and thrown out into those swamp-like woods like trash, could be anything but a homicide. It helps the state if there is even more evidence to support Caylee's death being a homicide, but all the evidence that was there already proves this, imo, without a reasonable doubt.

This reporter needs to take all this evidence as a whole and really think about what he is about to do. He can go ahead and write an article based on the Suburban Drive location and his theory that it was staged... but he would be a fool to not look at all the evidence as a whole.

Does he remember that there were murder charges... that Casey was indicted on First Degree Murder charges... even before Caylee was found and there was a Suburban Location?

There was overwhelming evidence to indict Casey Anthony in October 2008... evidence that I believe would have convicted Casey of First Degree Murder even without Caylee being found. The only thing that Suburban Drive and the finding of Caylee's remains proved... even further, imo... is that Casey Anthony murdered Caylee intentionally and it gave the State more reason to put the death penalty back on the table because of the circumstances of how Caylee was killed and how she was thrown away like trash.

All evidence at the Suburban location leads back to the Anthony home and to Casey Anthony and there is nothing staged about it.

AND wouldn't that person be the luckiest murderer in the world - to have "innocent" Casey lying, not reporting Caylee "missing" for 31 days, getting the tattoo, lying to detectives about every aspect of her life...what luck! It would have been a lot harder for the mystery killer if Casey would have just reported Caylee missing. Good lord this is nonsense.

I think they are going to go with the story Casey told Robin in jail. It would help to explain why Casey was out partying without a care in the world. Then there is the molestation accusations against George which would be a good reason to hide Caylee from her parents. There are huge holes but it's the best they've got imo.

Looks like this is more about "Tony Pipitone" than anything else.

That's what I'm thinking. Anyone who proceeds breaking news with "this will be on at 11:pM tonight come hell or high water" is all about the ratings.

More about nothing? Let's face it, we know more about this case than 90% of the reporters out there. We've read every dang depo, listened or read every interview, and can't imagine what can come out now at this late date.

:coffeews:

MOO

Mel

We are entering a period where it is more probable that there will be a lot of misinformation online and in the media. Reporters who have not followed this in detail from the beginning will be easily swayed to write stories for headlines. More than likely those stories will be riddled with inaccuracy. Vitriolic rhetoric will become the norm from bloggers and those who comment about news stories. Don't take the bait. Not here.

Remember to keep your eye on the ball. All the State has to prove is each of the elements of the crime. They do not have to stamp out every erroneous fact, opinion, theory or rumor. They don't even need a body to prove up this case.

Do not be detracted from the core of the case by collateral and unimportant issues. This will not be decided in the court of public opinion but by a real jury.

Generally, the people who come here are interested in finding the truth and in supporting real justice for the public good. Your hearts and intellect wrap around specific cases. Your discussions are probably even sometimes followed by those involved with cases and it could contribute good ideas to handling cases. However, these cases sap the human spirit and it is important to maintain a healthy balance.

I was thinking the same thing. That just screams of desperation but what else can they do?

This is the same as someone put the body there carp, and the body found upright which was a misinterpretation, the skull was found upright the body was scattered. There is no smoking gun here..I don't know why this annoys me so much..but I'm gonna have to leave the thread for the moment, irritated beyond measure.

I think they are going to go with the story Casey told Robin in jail. It would help to explain why Casey was out partying without a care in the world. Then there is the molestation accusations against George which would be a good reason to hide Caylee from her parents. There are huge holes but it's the best they've got imo.

Huge holes is an understatement.

In Casey's letter to Robyn, she claims she had Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez (who doesn't exist) take Caylee for a few days while she was buying all new stuff (beer, bras, sunglasses, etc...) so that she and Caylee could move out of the Anthony home... all the while... she is telling Amy and Tony that Cindy is giving her the Hopespring home because she is getting an apartment in Mt. Dora. After a few days... she can no longer find ZFG or Caylee, but she doesn't blame ZFG for not coming forward? So ZFG is still the person who was last seen with Caylee, she did not return Caylee, and Casey finds it in her heart to forgive her? :banghead: Yeah, that is much better than the Sawgrass Apt. story and the Jay Blanchard Park story?

I think it is going to be really interesting to see how the defense is going to explain away all the ZFG's stories. They just can't ignore it, can they?

The news link says that the information that TP will allegedly reveal tonite (sounds like other posters have hit the nail on the head about the info likely coming from depositions) will, in part bolster the State's contention that it was a homicide and also bolster some "alternative" theories about staging etc...

Other posters have said duct tape! Bingo! Jmo of course! It was purportedly in many layers covering the nose and mouth of the skull of Caylee and appeared to be almost wrapped around her head (before death). I remember LKB a while back saying something like maybe the duct tape floated up (water and other elements) and became lodged in her hair etc... And that it was not deliberated applied to Caylee's nose and mouth to cut off her oxygen and to cause certain death.

I have often wondered if Caylee pulled off that one piece of tape in an attempt to free herself. I have wondered if she was restrained in the car seat while the tape was being applied and then the back seat of the Sunfire was then lowered and Caylee was shoved in the trunk while she was either dead or dying. I wonder if there are or were any of Caylee's teeth marks on the tape...something that would show that the tape was the instrument of death. Even if there are no prints of Caylee's on the tape nor teeth marks I think that the placement of the tape will be shocking and likely show that this was NO accident and was not applied after death to stage a kidnapping nor to keep the skull from leaking (when you decompose like that fluids are leaving every pore not just the mouth).

The condition of the tape was the same as the condition as the remains, clothes, bags and blankets. It was obviously not applied to the skull by another person (Kronk etc...) who found the remains and the added the duct tape to the skull...just dug through that bag and reached up in there and added the duct tape....

JMO but the defense appears to be terrified about the duct tape and the multiple layers of it and it's placement on Caylee's skull. Clearly, IMO, this is why the defense has mostly wasted their time on Soddi claims. Something we have not seen about that duct tape must conclusively show that Caylee was not accidentally killed...hence why the Defense (unless one or both of JB and ICA refuse to go the accidental route and a stupid cover up because it show that ultimately Caylee died under ICA's care and hence ICA was responsible and not some phantom partner in crime, friend, or fictions nanny) continues to harp on the Soddi defense. Period. They are all but admitting a homicide occurred by saying SODDI. Jmo.

It has to be about the duct tape. Period. The defense has to know how damning pictures of the skull as it was found with duct tape in multiple layers wrapped around it will be to aq jury and the 31 days, partying, lying and stealing and hiding and getting tattoos and just basically having the time of her life.

I hope JB is having a blast in the windy cit getting laughed at and ignored by experts. The defense is a joke. An utter joke. ICA is guilty. She will be found as such and this circus will finally end and JUSTICE will be delivered to the only person in this case who truly matters--the victim, Caylee Anthony.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back