Local 6 Uncovers New Info in Anthony Case

We are entering a period where it is more probable that there will be a lot of misinformation online and in the media. Reporters who have not followed this in detail from the beginning will be easily swayed to write stories for headlines. More than likely those stories will be riddled with inaccuracy. Vitriolic rhetoric will become the norm from bloggers and those who comment about news stories. Don't take the bait. Not here.

Remember to keep your eye on the ball. All the State has to prove is each of the elements of the crime. They do not have to stamp out every erroneous fact, opinion, theory or rumor. They don't even need a body to prove up this case.

Do not be detracted from the core of the case by collateral and unimportant issues. This will not be decided in the court of public opinion but by a real jury.

Generally, the people who come here are interested in finding the truth and in supporting real justice for the public good. Your hearts and intellect wrap around specific cases. Your discussions are probably even sometimes followed by those involved with cases and it could contribute good ideas to handling cases. However, these cases sap the human spirit and it is important to maintain a healthy balance.

Most excellent. As the case is within the 90 day range, those who haven't followed it for over the last 2 years, have no doubt forgot ALL the details (even I have, and often have to go back and refresh). I won't let the latest blogs, news statements, sway me.

Like you said - keep an eye on the ball. That's justice for Caylee!

MOO

Mel

That's my thought too and that the "staging" has to do with the duct tape .. I don't think Roy is out of the woods (no pun intended) yet ...:twocents:

You're probably right. The duct tape is why the SA went for the death penalty to begin with. If the defense can create reasonable doubt that it was an accident rather than a murder they have to get past Casey being the one responsible for putting it there and for what purpose. I really don't think the defense has a better strategy.

So this is just old stuff that we already know and will make us yawn. Nice try there, Tony Pipitone! I agree, more jury tampering. That's the only game Baez has left. Who does Tony work for anyway? Wesh? I wouldn't be surprised. Didn't he do something like this way earlier in the case too? I remember his name, but not why I rememeber his name.

It's not really earth-shattering that there is information that backs up that Caylee's death was a homicide. I seriously don't see how anyone could claim that a two-year-old baby, whose remains were found double bagged in garbage bags, duct tape wrapped around her mouth and nose, and thrown out into those swamp-like woods like trash, could be anything but a homicide. It helps the state if there is even more evidence to support Caylee's death being a homicide, but all the evidence that was there already proves this, imo, without a reasonable doubt.

This reporter needs to take all this evidence as a whole and really think about what he is about to do. He can go ahead and write an article based on the Suburban Drive location and his theory that it was staged... but he would be a fool to not look at all the evidence as a whole.

Does he remember that there were murder charges... that Casey was indicted on First Degree Murder charges... even before Caylee was found and there was a Suburban Location?

There was overwhelming evidence to indict Casey Anthony in October 2008... evidence that I believe would have convicted Casey of First Degree Murder even without Caylee being found. The only thing that Suburban Drive and the finding of Caylee's remains proved... even further, imo... is that Casey Anthony murdered Caylee intentionally and it gave the State more reason to put the death penalty back on the table because of the circumstances of how Caylee was killed and how she was thrown away like trash.

All evidence at the Suburban location leads back to the Anthony home and to Casey Anthony and there is nothing staged about it.

I completely agree but RH has said he thought it was an accident that Casey tried to cover up. He believes the duct tape was used to keep fluids from leaking. I don't buy any of that for a minute but here is a very intelligent lawyer saying that.

I completely agree but RH has said he thought it was an accident that Casey tried to cover up. He believes the duct tape was used to keep fluids from leaking. I don't buy any of that for a minute but here is a very intelligent lawyer saying that.
Keep in mind, he's just another criminal defense lawyer who's a talking head, and admits he hasn't followed the case closely. Anyone can say anything. Mark Geragos came out and said Scott Peterson was guilty, then turned around and defended him and it became, "He's 100% STONE COLD INNOCENT"!:banghead::banghead::banghead:
Plus, if you're going to stage/cover-up a murder, you need the body to be discovered, ala the Ramsey's, and a SODDI to frame/pin it on!
Except for the Ramsey's, most people would still call 911 in the case of an accidental death and have some guilty feelings or remorse about what happened,"OMG, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean for this to happen". We saw none of that from Casey. The only people she claimed to have told about Caylee's disappearance were imaginary ones.

Huge holes is an understatement.

In Casey's letter to Robyn, she claims she had Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez (who doesn't exist) take Caylee for a few days while she was buying all new stuff (beer, bras, sunglasses, etc...) so that she and Caylee could move out of the Anthony home... all the while... she is telling Amy and Tony that Cindy is giving her the Hopespring home because she is getting an apartment in Mt. Dora. After a few days... she can no longer find ZFG or Caylee, but she doesn't blame ZFG for not coming forward? So ZFG is still the person who was last seen with Caylee, she did not return Caylee, and Casey finds it in her heart to forgive her? :banghead: Yeah, that is much better than the Sawgrass Apt. story and the Jay Blanchard Park story?

I think it is going to be really interesting to see how the defense is going to explain away all the ZFG's stories. They just can't ignore it, can they?

They can't locate her either. Oh, I know ZFG is an illegal.

Keep in mind, he's just another criminal defense lawyer who's a talking head, and admits he hasn't followed the case closely. Anyone can say anything. Mark Geragos came out and said Scott Peterson was guilty, then turned around and defended him and it became, "He's 100% STONE COLD INNOCENT"!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Yes, he only relates to how rulings might affect HIM in HIS future cases. He has commented before in this vein. How does it impact RH? And other defense quests to come? It's all about him. Me me me. RH RH RH.

IMO.

Looks like this is more about "Tony Pipitone" than anything else.

:great:
I think you hit the nail right on the head with this profound post!! I read the news, and immediately had a flashback to GR's epic 2h piece on the opening of some mobsters vault. I could google but frankly I wasted my life on that show once and it's not even worth a google now.
I'm not sure I want or need the media to divulge anything more than the very generous sunshine laws provide us now to be honest. I respect that sensitive details should first be aired to a seated jury and not the public at large. We're too close to trial for bombshells that may cause the defense to whine any louder about seating a jury and it's been a slow newsweek ICA wise.
I'm also not impressed the media would seek out witnessess. In doing so, they've done exactly what AF warned the court she was worried would happen. It's none of our business what mitigation witnessess are being asked by attorneys IMO and they are the only witnessess being asked questions not directly related to the crime. They're the only ones who might have salacious details to add a mere weeks before trial. New evidence? I don't think so. Not at this stage, months after it was ordered to be disclosed.
Besides, I already tried to watch the video link and it crashed my flash player just as my Whiskeypeat is due to harvest. Geeesh. :crazy:

The news link says that the information that TP will allegedly reveal tonite (sounds like other posters have hit the nail on the head about the info likely coming from depositions) will, in part bolster the State's contention that it was a homicide and also bolster some "alternative" theories about staging etc...

Other posters have said duct tape! Bingo! Jmo of course! It was purportedly in many layers covering the nose and mouth of the skull of Caylee and appeared to be almost wrapped around her head (before death). I remember LKB a while back saying something like maybe the duct tape floated up (water and other elements) and became lodged in her hair etc... And that it was not deliberated applied to Caylee's nose and mouth to cut off her oxygen and to cause certain death.

I have often wondered if Caylee pulled off that one piece of tape in an attempt to free herself. I have wondered if she was restrained in the car seat while the tape was being applied and then the back seat of the Sunfire was then lowered and Caylee was shoved in the trunk while she was either dead or dying. I wonder if there are or were any of Caylee's teeth marks on the tape...something that would show that the tape was the instrument of death. Even if there are no prints of Caylee's on the tape nor teeth marks I think that the placement of the tape will be shocking and likely show that this was NO accident and was not applied after death to stage a kidnapping nor to keep the skull from leaking (when you decompose like that fluids are leaving every pore not just the mouth).

The condition of the tape was the same as the condition as the remains, clothes, bags and blankets. It was obviously not applied to the skull by another person (Kronk etc...) who found the remains and the added the duct tape to the skull...just dug through that bag and reached up in there and added the duct tape....

JMO but the defense appears to be terrified about the duct tape and the multiple layers of it and it's placement on Caylee's skull. Clearly, IMO, this is why the defense has mostly wasted their time on Soddi claims. Something we have not seen about that duct tape must conclusively show that Caylee was not accidentally killed...hence why the Defense (unless one or both of JB and ICA refuse to go the accidental route and a stupid cover up because it show that ultimately Caylee died under ICA's care and hence ICA was responsible and not some phantom partner in crime, friend, or fictions nanny) continues to harp on the Soddi defense. Period. They are all but admitting a homicide occurred by saying SODDI. Jmo.

It has to be about the duct tape. Period. The defense has to know how damning pictures of the skull as it was found with duct tape in multiple layers wrapped around it will be to aq jury and the 31 days, partying, lying and stealing and hiding and getting tattoos and just basically having the time of her life.

I hope JB is having a blast in the windy cit getting laughed at and ignored by experts. The defense is a joke. An utter joke. ICA is guilty. She will be found as such and this circus will finally end and JUSTICE will be delivered to the only person in this case who truly matters--the victim, Caylee Anthony.

I have always believed that is why Casey never broke down and said it was an accident because she would have had to take them to the body.

Plus, if you're going to stage/cover-up a murder, you need the body to be discovered, ala the Ramsey's, and a SODDI to frame/pin it on!
Except for the Ramsey's, most people would still call 911 in the case of an accidental death and have some guilty feelings or remorse about what happened,"OMG, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean for this to happen". We saw none of that from Casey. The only people she claimed to have told about Caylee's disappearance were imaginary ones.

SP was so innocent I recall, the great legal mind of Mr Geragos didn't bother to plan a penalty phase.

ITA! I am abiding by the TOS when I say that RH's assertion is preposterous. While I enjoy RH's theories and blog posts, he needs to understand that ICA has already chosen JB to go down in flames with. RH doesn't need to feebly attempt to help nor prop up the Defense because he is not and will likely never be a member of ICA's defense team. Having said that RH would be 100% upgrade over JB and would likely have done a lot more to help ICA's case than JB has ever done or will ever do.

I imagine though that the duct tape is what TP will be reporting on. What did the witnesses on the scene see--what did the skull look like--where was the duct tape on the skull...because when the pictures of the skull and duct tape placement come out in court I imagine the reaction from the jury will be damning to the Defense. I can't think of anything else but the duct tape.

This is also reminding me of the vaulted exclusive GR interview with Cindy, which turned out to be a re-run.
I would be excited if this were a report from Kathi Belich.
I wonder if TP has been reading the events of Nov 2008 thread...
Will this be viewable on a live stream?

Must be suffering some low ratings for their 11pm News program.
I suspect it will be on a par with something Jane Velez Mitchell would do- all hype and no substance. If there were anything important to reveal, why would he wait until tonight?
bbm Because he's still pouring over it ZsaZsa. It's that huge. :floorlaugh:

[
Huge holes is an understatement.

In Casey's letter to Robyn, she claims she had Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez (who doesn't exist) take Caylee for a few days while she was buying all new stuff (beer, bras, sunglasses, etc...) so that she and Caylee could move out of the Anthony home... all the while... she is telling Amy and Tony that Cindy is giving her the Hopespring home because she is getting an apartment in Mt. Dora. After a few days... she can no longer find ZFG or Caylee, but she doesn't blame ZFG for not coming forward? So ZFG is still the person who was last seen with Caylee, she did not return Caylee, and Casey finds it in her heart to forgive her? :banghead: Yeah, that is much better than the Sawgrass Apt. story and the Jay Blanchard Park story?

I think it is going to be really interesting to see how the defense is going to explain away all the ZFG's stories. They just can't ignore it, can they?

Yes, but both stories suck hind tit. KWIM?

And he based it all on.. what?

Which is why I've ignored his comments on this topic.

There isn't any and I do mean, not a scrap of evidence pointing to this being an accident and cover-up.

That just puts such theory's as being from those who just can't see a young, white middle class mother doing this to their child.

The defense's medical examiner who performed the second autopsy on Caylee opened the skull (unlike Dr. G.) and found soil on one side. As a result he made the claim that the body was not found "upright" as claimed by the state. The state certainly has photos of the skull as they found it (and described in the investigative reports), sitting upright with duct tape covering the mouth and nasal areas. So I believe that the depositions done by the defense of the investigators who first responded to the scene would have gone down the path of asking whether or not any of the evidence were altered or staged.

I seem to recall a while back at either one of the hearings or buried in a motion was a request by the state that the defense quit attacking the integrity of investigators unless they have some clear evidence supporting their attacks and insinuations. I would guess that Mr. Pipitone is seeing / reading those attacks in the depositions of state witnesses.

The problem with this line of argument is that, unless I am wildly mistaken, we know that the skull was moved in some manner as part of it being found. Didn't early reports mention the skull rolling out of the trashbag? It is also not outside believability that RK did move the skull slightly or just enough to be able to recognize that it was in fact a skull. The crime scene photos and medical examiners reports will all reflect its positioning after it came in contact with the discoverer. The simple phrase of "I turned it over or nudged it and saw that it was a human skull and not a rock" is all it would take to debunk any defense conspiracy theories.

So this is just old stuff that we already know and will make us yawn. Nice try there, Tony Pipitone! I agree, more jury tampering. That's the only game Baez has left. Who does Tony work for anyway? Wesh? I wouldn't be surprised. Didn't he do something like this way earlier in the case too? I remember his name, but not why I rememeber his name.

TP is with WKMG and IMO if this was such a big deal he wouldn't air it at 11 pm. It would be on sooner.

Regarding this supposed new info, just one word.
Ratings.

I have always believed that is why Casey never broke down and said it was an accident because she would have had to take them to the body.

I thought is because she would have to admit she lied and have to face her family. This way, she has been able to avoid her family. Right now, her family is focusing on the LE as being the bad people. Not ICA.

She admitted to the LE that she lied to them. But only when she couldn't take them to her office or talk to her coworkers. She took them all the way there. That is has far U have to take ICA to get her to admit she lied.

Not meaning to sound snarky, but it seems like this family don't admit errors or lies. Even when bluntly faced with them. I really, really don't see ICA admitting any connection to this. So long as it's not admitted, then it didn't happen.

The problem with this line of argument is that, unless I am wildly mistaken, we know that the skull was moved in some manner as part of it being found. Didn't early reports mention the skull rolling out of the trashbag? It is also not outside believability that RK did move the skull slightly or just enough to be able to recognize that it was in fact a skull. The crime scene photos and medical examiners reports will all reflect its positioning after it came in contact with the discoverer. The simple phrase of "I turned it over or nudged it and saw that it was a human skull and not a rock" is all it would take to debunk any defense conspiracy theories.

IIRC Kronk first said the skull "rolled" out of the bag and then clarified that it sort of "dropped" out rather than rolling. My guess is that the skull "rolled" only a little bit (into an upright position), at which point it stopped because the bottom of a skull is flat, and because there were roots growing into it that held it down to some extent.

I bet Pipitone is reading depo transcripts. In particular, it sounds like he has the medical examiner's transcript.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back