Identified! MA - Boston, WhtFem Skel, 20-30, in Hyde Park, Aug'94 - Milagros Alvarado

Yes, I didn't mean to say we shouldn't submit them, just that I personally would be surprised if it turned out to be any of the higher profile missing women like Malcomson or Montero.

I think there are a couple of women missing from Worcester who need to be checked too.

I'd be very surprised as well. I wonder if the Boston Pd has a rule out list that they'd be willing to share.
I'll keep looking on namus after I get my girls to bed. :)

Jeans, thermal underwear, and a baseball t-shirt? Coming home from a Red Sox game on a chilly fall night, maybe?

Or walking a dog.

Not to mention the people gathering in dark places to do drugs, buy or sell drugs, etc.

I was asked by a detective with the Boston PD to do a facial reconstruction of this woman. Her body had been recently exhumed, but the skull was in a badly fragmented condition. I had to reconstruct the image of the skull using old photos from the crime scene before I could reconstruct a face on the skull. I also had to completely reconstruct the image on her shirt, as it was also in badly deteriorated condition.

Keep in mind that since this is based on skeletal remains, it will not be an exact likeness, but rather, a general depiction of her facial structure. Several strands of shoulder-length brown hair were recovered, but the exact style could not be determined. Fine details, such as her overall "look", her hairstyle, the shape of her eyes, lips, etc should not be seen as exact depictions.

NamUs UP 12376 https://identifyus.org/en/cases/12376

514ef02d-9402-472c-a27a-73a626081083.jpg

Unidentified White Female

The victim was discovered on August 1, 1994 near the corner of Enneking Parkway and Turtle Pond Parkway in Boston (Suffolk County), Massachusetts

Body Condition: Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton
Probable Year of Death: 1993-1994

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 20-30 years
Approximate Height: 5'2" (62 inches).
Approximate Weight: Unable to estimate
Hair: Brown
Body Hair: Brown
Eye Color: Unknown

Clothing & Accessories

Clothing: Fruit of the Loom-brand t-shirt with a large baseball image and the word "SQUEEZE" in red letters and "PLAY" in black; and S.F.O. jeans

Footwear: Jordache sneakers.​

Identifiers
Fingerprints: Fingerprint information is currently not available
Dentals: Dental information / charting is available and entered
DNA: Samples submitted - Tests not complete

Circumstances
Skeletal remains discovered in woods near Enneking Pkwy and Turtle Pond Pkwy in Boston. The cause of death was listed as blunt head trauma and the manner of death was homicide.​

Very nice work, as usual, Carl.

Was there any indication she had a soft rounded face like this, or might she have been thinner and had more prominent bone structure? Is her chin squarish?

Also, is the baseball player recognizable, or is he a generic player?

I'm not sure if Stony Brook Reservation has gates. Even if it does, it borders public roads and would be very easy to get into by foot, day or night. There are not big fences around it or anything. Regarding Carl's comment that it would be very difficult to dump a body here from a vehicle, there's a very sad case where a woman was kidnapped and murdered just a few years ago and her body was left on a bike path in the park. (She was forced to drive to the park and he killed her there.):

http://www.universalhub.com/2013/body-found-boston-forest

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...outh-boston/hYBeFkZJULCsFXLsLYAFOJ/story.html

When I mentioned the difficulty in dumping a body from a vehicle, I meant that the streets in the area have very narrow shoulders between the street and trees. Nobody who was intending to dump a body would park their car in that specific location, where there is a moderate amount of cross-traffic, and very little shoulder on the road, and no reason to stop there unless you were having car trouble. And the body was not right next to the road. Det. Cronin said she was less than a hundred yards off the road, but not right next to it.

Any car parked there long enough to drag a body a few hundred feet into the trees would immediately draw the attention of police patrolling the area. They would almost definitely stop and ask the driver if there is a problem.

Also, I took a second look at what I described as a "sports bra", and realized that it probably isn't. It appears to be more like an spandex-type midriff halter top with a long V neck connected at the bottom by only about an inch of material. Sports bras have more material between the breasts to keep the breasts from bouncing during exercise.

But what I can't figure out from the photos is how she wore her clothing. Det. Cronin said she was wearing thermal clothing, and I can't tell from the photos whether the clothing is shown in the photo or whether that is mummified skin. The "Squeeze Play" shirt isn't shown in any of the crime scene photos that I have. And the vest/halter top/bra is clearly shown as the outer garment, covered by leaves. Perhaps the Squeeze Play" shirt was an outer garment that was removed by the killer and left at the location, but it doesn't appear to be on the body.

Very nice work, as usual, Carl.

Was there any indication she had a soft rounded face like this, or might she have been thinner and had more prominent bone structure? Is her chin squarish?

Yes, she had a long face, with moderately broad cheekbones, and a moderately large squarish chin. Her teeth were fairly straight, but they are prominent, and her upper front teeth protruded slightly

The face was almost entirely skeletal, so I have no idea of whether her face was lean or fleshy.

Yes, she had a long face, with moderately broad cheekbones, and a moderately large squarish chin. Her teeth were fairly straight, but they are prominent, and her upper front teeth protruded slightly

The face was almost entirely skeletal, so I have no idea of whether her face was lean or fleshy.

Thanks for taking time to satisfy my curiosity. It's fascinating the way reconstructions take shape.

The article FiveFelines posted upthread has more detail about where she was found:

On Aug. 1, 1994, a young man who was working for what was then the Metropolitan District Commissioner, now the Department of Conservation and Recreation, was picking up trash off a path in the woods.

"He saw a bottle. He went in to get the bottle, and once he got the bottle, he saw the remains," Doogan said.

http://www.wcvb.com/news/team-5-boston-police-da-hope-new-technology-cracks-1994-murder/26950954

Trying to find that t-shirt. I vaguely remember some kind of advertising campaign associated with Minute Maid orange juice and a squeeze bottle they were trying to sell to the kids.

Thanks for taking time to satisfy my curiosity. It's fascinating the way reconstructions take shape.

I forgot to mention that I can see from the skull that she had a very small nose with a narrow bridge, and a bit more of a brow ridge than is typical of females.

Also, I took a second look at what I described as a "sports bra", and realized that it probably isn't. It appears to be more like an spandex-type midriff halter top with a long V neck connected at the bottom by only about an inch of material. Sports bras have more material between the breasts to keep the breasts from bouncing during exercise.

Sounds like a bralette. Is it similar in shape to these?

tumblr_mb541mISzL1qh7fj8o1_1280.jpg

Trying to find that t-shirt. I vaguely remember some kind of advertising campaign associated with Minute Maid orange juice and a squeeze bottle they were trying to sell to the kids.

This isn't the same exact shirt, but it might be the same type. I'm not sure if Squeeze Play was actually a magazine, though, or if it's just part of the design.

P1070430.JPG

There's also a "Minute Maid Squeeze Play" kids' park that's part of the Houston Astros' park, but I don't know that it was around in the early '90s.

http://www.bigkidsmallcity.com/2014...y-visiting-houstons-parks-one-week-at-a-time/

Carl, I noticed that her NamUs listing mentions that "one or both hands" were missing. Do you know if LE thinks this is just because the remains had been there a while (animal activity or whatnot) or that they were purposely removed?

Carl, I noticed that her NamUs listing mentions that "one or both hands" were missing. Do you know if LE thinks this is just because the remains had been there a while (animal activity or whatnot) or that they were purposely removed?

I don't know anything about that. The body looked pretty intact in the crime scene photos, but the hands weren't visible in the photos.

The image of the batter at the plate is barely recognizable as such. I would guess it is just a generic player. I found a photo of Cal Ripkin Jr. online in what appears to be an identical pose, so i blurred it and used used it for my reconstruction.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back