Identified! MA - Boston, WhtFem Skel, 20-30, in Hyde Park, Aug'94 - Milagros Alvarado

IDENTIFIED as Milagros "Milli" Alvarado (37), of Fitchburg Massachusetts

http://www.wcvb.com/news/5-investig... 5 Boston&utm_medium=FBPAGE&utm_source=Social

dc52bf32-8bc7-4475-a652-50678bd248b9.jpg

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/26494/0

This is another instance of an age estimate being significantly lower than the person's actual age.

You did a great job Carl; both with the recon and her shirt. Glad to see there was a match when processing her DNA. So thankful another Doe has their name back! Praying they'll be able to figure out who took her life. I wonder if she was mugged?

Hoping Milli is able to rest a little easier today.

Condolences to her family

Wonder why she was wearing thermal underclothing in June...I am also curious to hear more about Milli's life and the circumstances of her disappearance.

My first thought after I found out she was ID'd was, she does not appear to have been a transient, because someone was there to pinpoint a pretty exact/clear LKA date. My guess is, she was robbed, did not have anything or refused to give anything, and was attacked.

CarlK90245 just want to say we are very lucky to have you here. You are great at what you do.

Milli side by side with Carl's recon. Fabulous work, dude :)

The midface is stunningly accurate and the smile is perfect.

Updated article has a little information about her family. I kind of remember when she went missing, shortly before we moved here. She's definitely not a transient, but from far enough away from Boston that her Fitchburg people probably never heard about the murder.

http://m.wcvb.com/news/5-investigates-jane-doe-from-1994-cold-case-identified/38133804

Attachments

• milli alvarado and CarlK's recon.png
    milli alvarado and CarlK's recon.png
    209.1 KB · Views: 60
I'm surprised her recon wasn't added to NamUs. Thought I had sent it as well as the VICAP flier I edited.

Attachments

• SqueezePlayJaneFlierPic.jpg
    SqueezePlayJaneFlierPic.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 42
Just infodumping comparisons before the profiles get taken down:

Height 62, Estimated
Height (inches) 64.0 to 65.0

Date last seen June 20, 1994 10:14
Date found August 01, 1994 00:00

Probable year of death 1993 to 1994

Milli had a scar on her nose, was wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt & jogging pants when she was last seen, and she was missing a front tooth.

RIP Milli. :(

Great job, Carl! The recon's nose looks spot on. You are a blessing!

Many thoughts and prayers to Milli's family.

Just infodumping comparisons before the profiles get taken down:

Height 62, Estimated
Height (inches) 64.0 to 65.0

Date last seen June 20, 1994 10:14
Date found August 01, 1994 00:00

Probable year of death 1993 to 1994

Milli had a scar on her nose, was wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt & jogging pants when she was last seen, and she was missing a front tooth.

RIP Milli. :(

Also, regarding the missing front tooth, the skull was indeed missing an upper central incisor (#8), but the socket looked very sharp-edged, and it appeared that the #8 fell out after death. All of her other upper front teeth were visible in the photos of the skull. Her two lower central incisors were also missing and were marked on the chart as postmortem loss.

Also, the dental chart indicated that the #8 was a natural unrestored tooth, and the UNT post-exhumation report shows a skull fragment which includes all of her upper right dentition - two molars (the #1 wisdom tooth was extracted antemortem), two bicuspids, a canine, and two incisors - one of which would be #8). So the notation that she was missing a front tooth appears to be incorrect.

I wonder if this was not the perp's t shirt. if she was killed when she went missing, that isn't what she was wearing.

I don't think I've ever seen a recon where Carl didn't get uncannily close to the person's actual face. The only differences are that Milagros had more weight in her face and her hair in the picture is lighter than the recon. Great work as always, man.

I don't think I've ever seen a recon where Carl didn't get uncannily close to the person's actual face. The only differences are that Milagros had more weight in her face and her hair in the picture is lighter than the recon. Great work as always, man.

All of the information that I had presumed she was between 20 and 30, and was Caucasian. I had no information about a hairstyle, other than it was brown and maybe shoulder length, nor did I know whether it was straight or curly.

So here is the comparison of a younger Millie to my recon.

1dc50a18-af38-4861-b85e-6cf1b2533c3a.jpg

Considering her skull was fragmented and her body was badly decomposed, I think you got as close to her actual face as you possibly could have.

Here's a comparison between the NamUs pages for both Milagros and the then-UID:

Age: Milagros was 37. UID was listed as 20 - 30 years old.
Race/Ethnicity: Milagros - White/Hispanic. UID - White.
Height: Milagros - 5'4 to 5'5. UID - 5'2.
Postmortem Interval: 1993 - 1994. Milagros disappeared two months prior to her body being found.
Hair color: Milagros - Brown. UID - Brown.
Clothing: Milagros was last seen wearing jogging pants and a grey sweatshirt/hoodie. The UID was found wearing that distinctive t-shirt and jeans.
Distance: 57 miles between Boston and Fitchburg, MA.

All of the information that I had presumed she was between 20 and 30, and was Caucasian. I had no information about a hairstyle, other than it was brown and maybe shoulder length, nor did I know whether it was straight or curly.

So here is the comparison of a younger Millie to my recon.

1dc50a18-af38-4861-b85e-6cf1b2533c3a.jpg

Wow. You must have been channeling her or something.

Great recon, Carl! You really captured her smile.

I'm so glad that Milli's daughter has her mom back.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back