Identified! MA - Boston, WhtFem Skel, 20-30, in Hyde Park, Aug'94 - Milagros Alvarado

If she was wearing the halter top as outerwear, along with jeans and long johns...that would be unusual. Though I may be misunderstanding what is being described.

Could the shirt be left from her killer?

That shirt looks extremely unique. I'm wondering if maybe she made it herself? It looks very similar to a "fan-girl" shirt of some sort that someone would wear to a concert or game..

It seems odd that she wore thermal clothes, but no jacket was found. It makes me wonder if she walked inside, took off her coat, and was attacked. But I don't know.

Everything else seems to indicate she was attacked in the park, but then again, if it was that, why would she be unreported?

A second thought: maybe her killer simply removed her coat.

Or maybe she was a transient (who wore layers) and maybe was attacked during summer/fall, which would explain the lack of a jacket.

Sorry for the multiple posts--my mind just keeps jumping everywhere.

My guess is that she was killed in fall or perhaps spring, when thermal underwear would be reasonable but a coat might not be necessary. I'd have to check the weather for the 1993-4 season, but Boston winters are usually pretty darn cold, even without snow.

Was she wearing long underwear bottoms, or just a top? Thermal tops under t-shirts are pretty common year round, except in summer.

Re the t-shirt: I was actually thinking that it came from a discount store (like K-Mart or similar). It reminds me of shirts you'd find there—unbranded, colorful, just made from Fruit of the Loom.

My theory is that she was walking or hanging out in the park with an acquaintance, possibly smoking (I think a lighter or cigs were found nearby?), possibly doing drugs or doing a deal (not to malign the victim at all, but that's fairly common behavior in city parks). Maybe she was transient, maybe just estranged from family. Her "friend" killed her, took any money, ID, or drugs if she had them, and left.

I don't live very far from Stony Brook; I'm happy to go over and take some pics or do other research if it helps.

There's a lot of travel along the east coast, anywhere from Maine to Florida, so it's not necessarily surprising that if her husband killed her, he might have taken her that far. It sounds like he wasn't around for at least a day.

Detective Cronin asked me to do a version of what she might look like if she was Hispanic. So here is my Hispanic version of Squeeze Play Jane. Same facial dimensions, but darker hair, darker complexion, more Hispanic looking eyes.

fa9a957c-109b-42c7-bcb0-306bbaca9520.jpg

IDENTIFIED as Milagros "Milli" Alvarado (37), of Fitchburg Massachusetts

http://www.wcvb.com/news/5-investig... 5 Boston&utm_medium=FBPAGE&utm_source=Social

dc52bf32-8bc7-4475-a652-50678bd248b9.jpg

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/26494/0

This is another instance of an age estimate being significantly lower than the person's actual age.

I think she looks very similar to the Hispanic second version you released today...older, of course, but that's not your fault. Great job, Carl.

RIP, Milli Alvarado.

Yeah, the age is quite often off, particularly with decomposed or skeletal remains--like with Marilee Bruzser. We should all try to keep that in mind when comparing possible matches to a decomposed UP.

It would be interesting to see what she looked like when she was in her early 20's

I think she looks very similar to the Hispanic second version you released today...older, of course, but that's not your fault. Great job, Carl.

RIP, Milli Alvarado.

Despite the completely off hairstyle, and the bad age estimate, I think I got it pretty close, especially considering that I had to piece back together a very badly fragmented skull from several images. The post-exhumation skull was badly deteriorated, and the midface was completely gone. I had to take images of the skull from the crime scene (which were partially obstructed by debris), and photoshop them back into the image of the deteriorated skull, before I could reconstruct a face back onto it.

Despite the completely off hairstyle, and the bad age estimate, I think I got it pretty close, especially considering that I had to piece back together a very badly fragmented skull from several images. The post-exhumation skull was badly deteriorated, and the midface was completely gone. I had to take images of the skull from the crime scene (which were partially obstructed by debris), and photoshop them back into the image of the deteriorated skull, before I could reconstruct a face back onto it.

That is so very impressive--your patience, talent and dedication are incredible. Especially considering the obstacle of the shattered skull...amazing. Kudos.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back