GUILTY MA - Darlene Haynes, 23, slain, fetus cut from womb, Worcester, 23 July 2009

If she functioned the same as a 12 or 13 year old, why was she living on her own? Why does grandma have custody of her 2 oldest girls? How the heck was she going to cope with a toddler and a newborn? If the landlord was creepy and harassing her, why didn't her family do something? Amazing.

Thanks guys! The cnn links are not taking me to this article or ones that mentions the friend. I really really miss my pc.

I too was wondering about the wine cooler thing when I read this on CNN. Some people are raised differently though I suppose. I am of the mindset that you should not drink, smoke, do drugs or anything that could potentially damage the baby. Really, what is 9 months without thosse things if your pregnant and maybe a couple more if you decide to breast feed...

If she functioned the same as a 12 or 13 year old, why was she living on her own? Why does grandma have custody of her 2 oldest girls? How the heck was she going to cope with a toddler and a newborn? If the landlord was creepy and harassing her, why didn't her family do something? Amazing.

OK-I know I sound like I am quarterbacking, but hey how about a chat regarding birth control????

Not that I mean to add to the white noise.

Was dad developmentally disabled as well, I wonder.

This story will be appearing in a movie somewhere...it defies belief.

Most women (and of course we don't know whether or not a women did this) who do this (violently take a baby from a pregnant woman) have a history of mental health issues. Very sad story.

I just read this on FoxNews. I'm not sure if the article has been posted here yet or not, but according to the article she also has a 4 year old daughter and a 3 year old daughter that live with their grandmother, and then a 1 year old who is now safe with relatives.
I wonder why she had custody of one of her children, but not the other 2?

Statements from her boyfriend:
“Turn yourself in or keep running,” Mr. Rodriguez said as he spoke outside his mother's Ives Street house. “The Lord is going to catch up to you. Drop the kid off. Drop the kid off at a hospital.”

“I can't sleep, I can't eat, I can't think,” Mr. Rodriguez said this morning. He appeared to be shaken and had tears in his eyes before he walked away on foot down the street.

“…Cut her up and (expletive) remove the child,” Mr. Rodriquez said. “She (Darlene) hung out with the wrong crowd simply cause she wanted to fit in.”

Also, apparently Mr. Rodriquez is supposed to be getting married to a different woman either today or tomorrow. I wonder if police have checked into her. "Meantime, Mr. Rodriguez was apparently set to be married this week to another woman. Marriage records at City Hall indicate he recently applied for a marriage license. The wedding was due to take place today or tomorrow."

http://www.telegram.com/article/20090729/NEWS/907299994/1116

Information from her landlord

The landlord of the multi-unit apartment building, William Thompson, sat in his pickup truck in front of the building this morning. He said he was still trying to make sense of the tragedy, which he said twisted his heart even more when he heard the child was ripped from its mother.

“Yesterday was kind of a crazy day,” Mr. Thompson said. “And last night turned another whole direction.”

Mr. Thompson said he has had an ongoing dispute over trash with Ms. Haynes.

He said another tenant in the building called the Animal Rescue League Monday morning because the tenant was worried about Ms. Haynes' Chihuahua and her cat.
The landlord said the dog and cat are being cared for.

Mr. Thompson has owned the building for seven years and said Ms. Haynes moved into the building in the spring. Mr. Thompson said Ms. Haynes filled a shed in the backyard with trash, and stored trash inside and outside her apartment. He said dirty diapers littered the back stairs.

Mr. Thompson said Ms. Haynes had mental health problems, which he said he was sympathetic to, but he also had to protect his property. The trash was attracting mice to the building.

He said he had written to her to ask her to move on the first of the month.

On Monday, he decided to investigate an odor he thought was caused by more trash in her apartment.

Instead he found a horrific scene, one he can not get out of his head, a body. He immediately called police.

“I thought it was trash under a blanket,” Mr. Thompson said.

He said the walls between the apartments are thin, and the front gate squeaks loudly.

“No way had I thought she was murdered in the bedroom,” Mr. Thompson said. “There was no blood. It was weird - the blanket was wrapped much too tight.”

Statements from her boyfriend:
“Turn yourself in or keep running,” Mr. Rodriguez said as he spoke outside his mother's Ives Street house. “The Lord is going to catch up to you. Drop the kid off. Drop the kid off at a hospital.”

“I can't sleep, I can't eat, I can't think,” Mr. Rodriguez said this morning. He appeared to be shaken and had tears in his eyes before he walked away on foot down the street.

“…Cut her up and (expletive) remove the child,” Mr. Rodriquez said. “She (Darlene) hung out with the wrong crowd simply cause she wanted to fit in.”

From same article:

Meantime, Mr. Rodriguez was apparently set to be married this week to another woman. Marriage records at City Hall indicate he recently applied for a marriage license. The wedding was due to take place today or tomorrow.

He had only moved out of the apartment he shared with Ms. Haynes a month ago.

Hey guys...
haven't posted in a while but have lurked some and there does not seem to be much progress in the Haleigh at all...
I came here today because I wanted you all to know about this disgusting case in my area that has gotten no media attention except for local stations... follow the link and it pisses me off that since she was not well off in life that other cases similar have gotten media for months and even years... a baby was taken from her womb and she was left dead in her closet... If anyone wants to follow this case I can help since this is my area... there are 3 other articles on here (t&G the local newspaper)and supposedly this is the first one but its not... the original article said the body was so decomposed that they couldn't even identify gender... I feel like this case hits home and i hope you guys take an interest in it...
it has all the reg elements young mother of 3 lost custody of 2 had a restraining order against 3rd baby daddy had custody of baby #3... 3rd baby daddy was supposed to get married today to someone else... last seen last thursday and somehow rotted enough to be unidentifiable in 3 days...
sickening.. please help her guys.. the fetus is still missing...
i know a lot can be said about her lifestyle and stupidity and even the baby daddy but locals up here aren't leaning towards him... and no i don't mean LE i mean people that knew these people... while i don't actually know any of these people personally knowing the wpd they will pin this on the baby daddy no matter what... for some reason i don't think it is... if anyone wants to actually sleuth this again i am extremely local and will help with anything i can...

I just read this on FoxNews. I'm not sure if the article has been posted here yet or not, but according to the article she also has a 4 year old daughter and a 3 year old daughter that live with their grandmother, and then a 1 year old who is now safe with relatives.
I wonder why she had custody of one of her children, but not the other 2?

probably had an open dss case on the first 2 and by the time she had the 3rd there was no longer an open case... happens all the time up here in Mass...

there is several myspaces and 2 of them have pics of same guy aka tito (the youngest childs baby daddy) if you read her myspace it is obvious that tito left her with the allegations that she would cheat on him again and she herself admits to how desperately she wants him back... as to why he still lived there prob because i'm sure she had free housing and what baby daddy doesn't love to leech off of a baby mamma by living bill free with the excuse "i'm not with you I'm here for my kid you *advertiser censored* etc. etc." I checked tito ms yesterday and as of 7/28 his status said "I'm GOOD"... havebn't checked to see what it says today... you can find him via her ms because good luck just looking for a tito...

EUR, this case has gone international. There is a lot of press on this case just look at google news. There are 680 articles. It even has been on the first page of headlines news on google news.

as far as when he lived there and if he actually did you can expect the landlord to change his story on that in the near future... he is a slumlord and has all section 8 tenants (free housing) if she also was on section 8 and he knew the bf lived there and did not report it then he (the landlord) would be kicked out of the section 8 program... that means he would no longer be able to get rent for every other apartment in the building and probably would not be able to get rid of the other tenants either...i'm sure that this slumlord does not want to lose his cash cow... expect that part of the story to change officially really soon

EUR, this case has gone international. There is a lot of press on this case just look at google news. There are 680 articles. It even has been on the first page of headlines news on google news.
love it... what i posted was put together yesterday morning before it went national.... i was so pissed that no one else had heard about it yet that i posted the same blurb on a lot of sites and sent emails to news people etc... i actually did a copy paste of the wrong (older) thing tat i wanted to say here... so sorry for it seeming out dated ?
I am so glad that you guys are on this already and I'm not kidding I want this one solved... we have lazy police with narrow minds up here and who knows what the hell happened to her... she had already named thefetus and babies born at 8 months can survive... who knows the possibilities

has anyone heard of an actual search for the baby? other than hospitals?
we have an insane underground medical thing going on up here... like brazilians that go to their friends for dentist work... spanish ladies going to the back of restaurants to birth their children... not trying to sound stereotypical here but it's true...
i hope that our pd is actually looking for this baby... dumpsters lakes ponds everywhere at best it is definitely a clue... someone either took it out for love because they wanted to keep it or for hate... if he was telling the new wifey to be don't worry baby i just live there i haven't slept with her and then knowing how bad this darlene wanted him back would have made damn sure to drag him to court for a dna test... would have ruined his world if that's the scenario... not only would he lose the wife to be but he would end up having to pay for both kids... when you get welfare there is a thing called a just cause claim up here and what that means is if you can prove that assisting the DOR in going after your childs father for pay back money would be harmful physically or mentally to yourself or the children then you get free welfare and no state dragging baby daddy to court.. then you get free housing and live together absolutely rent free... perfect way to screw te system and most people up here no that... i've known people who have gotten RO against their baby daddy's for that same reason... nothing ever happened they just wanted the court doc for the welfare people...
if this was his kid and welfare found out he would have to pay for 3rd and 4th baby now...

blurb she wrote on her myspace wall copy and pasted:

A LIL ABOUT ME FOR YOU. I HAVE 3 KIDS THAT I LOVE WITH ALL MY HEART. I DONT LIKE CHILLING WIT GIRLS COUSE THAY TALK TO MUCH. GARET PRESON BUT IF CROSD WE WILL HAVE PROBLEMS... MY KIDS COME BEFORE ANYTHING I ENJOY DANCEING. GOING TO THE MOVEIS. BUT DONT GET IT TWISTED.I DONT NEED TO DO ALL DAT TO BE WIFEY...font MY BABY 03/27/08 10:30AM R.I.P AND THAT ONE P><
A GOOD MAN. I HAVE A GOOD MAN OR HAD BUT I HOPE I GET THIS CHANCE AND MAKE THINGS WORK OUT THIS TIME I LOVE THIS MAN FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART I THOUGHT NOBODY COULD COME BETWEEN THAT BUT IN THE LONG RUN OR NOT SO MUCH THE LONG RUN BUT I WHAT HIM BACK I NEED HIM BACK.LOL AND MY LIFE FOR GOOD.><MY BABY 03/27/08 10:30AM i lost that special person i dont know if i will ever get him back.i hope so. but he say i am going to cheat on him again in thats not the true. I HAD THAT ONE PERFECT MAN FOR ME I REALLY AND TRULY HOPE HE COMES BACK I AM TRYING EVERYTHING I CAN I LOVE THIS MAN TO DEAD HE BRINGS LIFE AND MY EYES IN HEART WE SUCK BESIDE HE OTHER THOUGH THICK AND THIN I HOPE IT WORKS OUT.LOL

the baby daddy #3/ex boyfriend is named Roberto C. Rodriguez
yet on his myspace his screen name is valentino and on her pics she calls him tito... comments in the telegram and gazette also refer to him as tito... just wanted to clarify that in case it got confusing and in the pics from before 4/08 she refers to him as her babby daddy... when doing a search of her name both myspaces that have a pic are both hers and it seems she was good for forgetting her password...

My theory is that it will be a woman she knew. A woman who was having problems with her BF or spouse. They are either arguing a lot or breaking up. The woman will have been saying she is "pregnant." But those close to her may have questions about whether she is pregnant or not. Most likely she isn't part of the mother's crowd, but is somewhere on the periphal edge. Like rode the bus with her or spoke to her at the laundrymat. She may have been helpful to the mother in the past. Offered clothing or groceries or something. So not close, but close enough that the mother would have let her into her apartment.

The woman also has some mental health problems. May or may not have other children. The key is that the woman believes she needs to have the baby in order to save her relationship.

The woman justifies to herself that the woman wasn't a good mother. That she could be a better mother to the baby, and that anyway the baby will solve her problems.

The baby daddy gives me pause, but he would have a hard time hiding the baby if it was him. I mean how would he explain just showing up with a newborn, shortly after his baby momma died?

Bet police are looking for the friend who stopped by for the wine coolers.

where did you hear that? is that inside info? I noticed you are from Mass.. do you know the victim or anyone in this case? don't mean to sound assertive towards you but I have not read that anywhere and by your other comments you are not fond of her lifestyle (nor am I) but your post insinuates that she was drinking while pregnant... is that something that you KNOW or just want people to assume?
I actually live in that city and trust me there is trash by the truckload all over that area but unless you actually read that somewhere I wonder why you would say that... there are no reports of her abusing drugs or alcohol only of her mental disabilities... less fortunate definitely but not necessarily your typical local trash... I guess what I am saying is please don't turn a not all there in the head person into a white trash drunk unless you know that for a fact... and if you do know that and read it somewhere then my apologies in advance as I have not yet read that anywhere...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back