GUILTY MA - Lisa Ziegert, 24, Agawam, 15 April 1992 *arrest*

HMG:

I think someone should be looking at another male, perhaps the boyfriend of the said police chief's son???

Why on earth are you posting unfounded allegations against the son of the police chief? I went to agawam high, and, knowing these people, I think that's ridiculous and kind of slanderous for you to post. Dave Ziegert has responded to various people on other sites saying that there is no indication that lisa's killer had ever been to where she lived; also they have DNA evidence so I'm sure if they suspected someone specific in town they could easily test his dna!

Why on earth are you posting unfounded allegations against the son of the police chief?

OK, calm down. First of all, they were posting what was stated as general beliefs and second of all, everyone is allowed their opinion, even you. Thirdly, something said in print is libelous, not slanderous. :)

OK, calm down. First of all, they were posting what was stated as general beliefs and second of all, everyone is allowed their opinion, even you. Thirdly, something said in print is libelous, not slanderous. :)

<OPINION>
Yeah I found it funny that is their first post, they probably are the son of the cop hahahah. </OPINION>

On the 13th anniversary of the day teenage lifeguard Molly Anne Bish disappeared, 100 people gathered at the town common on Thursday night to honor her memory and to remember that her killer has never been found.

[snip]

A photograph of a smiling Molly was set on a table by a bouquet of yellow roses. A moment of silence was held for all the missing children, and one by one, candles were lit to represent the missing and murdered children: Molly Bish, Holly Piirainen, Lisa Ziegert, Sarah Pryor, Jeffrey Curley, Danielle and Dorothy Pitcher, and Caleigh Harrison.

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2013/06/slain_warren_teenager_molly_an.html#/0

A belated thanks to whichever Mod changed the thread title after the case was identified.

Has there been any further developments in this case? I lived in West Springfield at the time, on Prince Avenue, and remember hearing about it. My wife at the time worked at a convenience store in Agawam, and I made her quit there after that happened. Although I moved to Maine, I still like to keep in touch with what is going on in my old "stomping grounds." (By the way, new to WS, but have been interested in cold cases for most of my life.)

Who is Giovanni? I know the note supposedly isn't involved, but I was wondering why his poem was brought up? Did he live in the area?QUOTE=docwho3;1214270]This case comes to mind but I don't remember reading anything about the note you mentioned being connected with this case.
Lisa Ziegert
Lisa Ziegert, a 24-year-old aspiring teacher, kidnapped, brutalized, and murdered in the small town of Agawam. It happened in 1992, and there ...
http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~aherns/ahnws199.htm
Still, Lisa Ziegert, Holly Paranian (ph), and Patti Gagne (ph), Jennifer Fay, Teresa Croley (ph), all of them unsolved.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0607/03/ng.01.html
"Reward still unclaimed in slaying
Wednesday, April 19, 2000
By JACK FARRELL
AGAWAM — Eight years to the day after the body of Lisa M. Ziegert was found, her killer or killers remain at large despite a $100,000 reward posted a year ago.
Berkshire Power announced the reward on the seventh anniversary of the young assistant teacher's disappearance, renewing hope that the money would help solve a mystery that has long plagued police and residents, but more acutely, her family and friends. . ."
http://www.masslive.com/news/pstories/ag419lit.html
In the Fog
by Giovanni Pascoli

". . .And a dog yelped and yelped, as if in fear,
I knew not where nor why. Perhaps he heard
strange footsteps, neither far away nor near— . . ."
http://www.poetrymagazine.org/magazine/0406/poem_177883_print.html

Written after the murder case but still the poem content is interesting when compared to the alleged note.
***********[/QUOTE]

I have been thinking about this case a lot, it breaks my heart for the family. I don't know if this is anything, but I googled "who killed Lisa Ziegert" and there is a person who makes a very strong statement about 2 "men" who killed her, giving the names. Has this been investigated? First initials are J and M and they share the same last name.

an update of sorts:
[video=youtube;4bM6y_GJESs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bM6y_GJESs[/video]

How far was she transported from the card store?

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2016/09/significant_development_in_uns.html#incart_river_home

A 'significant development' in the unsolved homicide of Lisa Ziegert, which occurred in Agawam nearly a quarter-century ago, will be announced Wednesday morning by Hampden District Attorney Anthony Gulluni.

Ziegert, a teacher's assistant at Agawam Middle School, was abducted on the night of April 15, 1992, while she was at her night job at a card shop in Agawam. The following morning she was reported missing by the store's day clerk.

Upon arriving in the morning the clerk found the store open, the lights on, and the victim's car parked where it was the night before. The money in the store's cash register as well as the victim's purse and school materials appeared undisturbed.

Ziegert's body was discovered four days later in a wooded area approximately four miles from where she was abducted.

The case is one of the more notorious homicides in Western Massachusetts over the past three decades.

In 2013, then-Hampden District Attorney Mark Mastroianni told The Republican that the case remained active and that he hoped new efforts to reexamine evidence may yet bring the killer to justice. These efforts included new forensic techniques, including methods for determining DNA, he said.

At that time, investigators were also re-examining evidence, including photographs, witness statements and notes gathered over the years, he said.

Investigators, Mastroianni said, were also re-interviewing people associated with the case and had even tracked down some others who may have had new information, he said.

Gulluni will hold a press conference at 10:30 a.m. in the Hampden County Hall of Justice.

http://www.masslive.com/news/index....rt_dna_image_of_suspect.html#incart_big-photo

attachment.php
attachment.php

SPRINGFIELD -- For 24 years, the homicide of aspiring Agawam teacher Lisa Ziegert has gone unsolved, with leads traced to dead ends and no resolution for her family.

Now, that might start to change, thanks to technology far beyond the reach of investigators when they began searching for her killer in 1992.

The Hampden County District Attorney's Office released a composite image of a suspect Tuesday morning, generated using genetic material found at the scene. The procedure, called "DNA phenotyping," is new, innovative and winning increasingly wide use among law enforcement agencies seeking to crack cold cases.

"The technology we have put to use is at the leading edge of the industry. No expense, effort, or means will be spared to bring the person(s) to justice who killed Lisa. We will never forget her, and members of the Unsolved Case Unit and the Massachusetts State Police detectives in my office, along with the Agawam Police Department, have never put this case down," Hampden County District Attorney Anthony Gulluni said in a statement. "I implore members of the public to come forward with any information they may have about Lisa's death. For the first time in twenty-four years, we have a face to this crime."

The DNA analysis produced composite images showing a fair-skinned man of European extraction, likely with hazel or brown eyes and brown or black hair. Authorities released two images: one of the suspect at age 25, and one at age 50.

<modsnip>

DA TIP LINE: 413-333-9148

Attachments

• DNA 1.jpg
    DNA 1.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 249
  • DNA 2.jpg
    DNA 2.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 247
Interesting how this is being played.

I assume when the DA said there is no DNA match, he means both DNA in the two databases as well as DNA taken from crime scenes over the past two decades (or at least MA crime scenes)? In other words, whoever did this never left DNA at another crime scene?

I know the primary suspect was cleared via DNA testing years ago. Were the other two suspects people keep mentioning tested?

Is there another reason besides the witness that police believe two killers were involved?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back