GUILTY MA - Lisa Ziegert, 24, Agawam, 15 April 1992 *arrest*

District Attorney Gulluni gains significant leads in unsolved Lisa Zeigert case

http://www.westernmassnews.com/story/33326581/district-attorney-gulluni-gains-significant-leads-in-unsolved-lisa-zeigert-case

In this exclusive report, we spoke to DA Anthony Gulluni today who said since last week his office has received what he calls "significant" leads in the unsolved homicide.

“Since the sketch was released last week, and we introduced the composite to the public, we've had over 100 tips come in through our Ziegert tip-line,” said District Attorney Gulluni.

“Some have been significant, and law enforcement, state police detectives attached to my office, are following through on all those leads.”

“But I can say affirmatively that the information we've gotten since last week's press conference has been fruitful.”

He could not offer specifics, but said investigators are working on those leads today.

http://unsolved.com/archives/lisa-ziegert
I grew up in the area. The forum posts are interesting from scared alleged witnesses. It is widely thought this was a cover up. SUV with 2 men one driver, one in back with a struggling woman. Alleged witnesses said suspects came back wearing Lisa clothes mocking her death. This case haunts me. A lot is wrong with this investigation

DNA evidence may solve the murder of Lisa Ziegert - February 2nd

http://wwlp.com/investigative-story/will-dna-evidence-finally-solve-the-murder-of-lisa-ziegert-2/

Ellen Greytak, the director of Parabon told the I-Team they use DNA and a computer program to generate a sketch of what Lisa Ziegert’s killer could look like. She said while phenotyping has created nearly identical images in the past, the service also has its flaws. “That person's age, their weight, how they wear their hair, whether they've gotten tattoos, none of that is going to be in the DNA, and it does really affect how you interpret person,” she said.

DA Gulluni told the I-Team the composite sketch of Lisa’s killer has already helped them narrow down suspects in their investigation. “It allows investigators to really exclude people as a matter of fact. For instance, we can exclude people from Asian ascent, or Latinos because we know the person is from a Caucasian background, 50% from Northern Europe, and 50% from Southern Europe,” he said.

Gulluni believes Parabon’s sketch could be the break they've been looking for, for the past 24-years, and Dee Ziegert agrees. “This will be the thing that will bring justice for Lisa. Will it bring Lisa back? No, but we think it might give her a good sense of peace,” she said.

We used to party in the woods of Suffield and other places in that area. One night (in April) a black Bronco pulled up from other direction (thought it was cops for a second) but was a real bad guy that we knew of that had just gotten out of prison. They were cruising the trails of the suffield woods and had must have just ran into us. He was a little older than the rest of us. He was with a guy we had never seen before and most likely not from Granby/Suffield, since we had known pretty much everyone from the area. It seemed as though he was a follower of the guy from prison. He fits the description of the DNA profile the police recently released, except I believe his hair was a little lighter. How reliable is the DNA for an exact hair color? The Bronco also had a distinctive tire cover on the back of it, from what I recall. I also wondered where he had gotten the Bronco from having just being released from prison. It had large tires, but no lift kit. That just stuck on my mind because it looked odd. I did contact the authorities a few years back. Should I contact them again? Our hearts go out to all the people who have lost loved ones.

We used to party in the woods of Suffield and other places in that area. One night (in April) a black Bronco pulled up from other direction (thought it was cops for a second) but was a real bad guy that we knew of that had just gotten out of prison. They were cruising the trails of the suffield woods and had must have just ran into us. He was a little older than the rest of us. He was with a guy we had never seen before and most likely not from Granby/Suffield, since we had known pretty much everyone from the area. It seemed as though he was a follower of the guy from prison. He fits the description of the DNA profile the police recently released, except I believe his hair was a little lighter. How reliable is the DNA for an exact hair color? The Bronco also had a distinctive tire cover on the back of it, from what I recall. I also wondered where he had gotten the Bronco from having just being released from prison. It had large tires, but no lift kit. That just stuck on my mind because it looked odd. I did contact the authorities a few years back. Should I contact them again? Our hearts go out to all the people who have lost loved ones.

Sorry no one replied to your sooner, but you should go to LE. Here's hoping you've done so already and it's great that you want to help out. Please give us an update if you can.

Lisa's case is on Amazon Prime, season 6, episode 6.

May this young lady and her family find justice.

Today (9/17/17) the Zeigert family stated to Western Massachusetts News that there is a new development in Lisa's case...
"Ziegert's family confirmed to Western Massachusetts News that there is a development in the case. They did not say anything about the new information.

James Leydon, spokesman for Hampden District Attorney Anthony Gulluni declined to comment, saying a report will be released when officials have concrete information."
Link:
http://www.masslive.com/news/index...._developme.html#incart_river_home#incart_2box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

http://wwlp.com/2017/09/17/mother-of-cold-case-murder-victim-lisa-ziegert-very-hopeful/
There has been renewed hope in finding Lisa’s killer since last year, when the District Attorney’s Office revealed new DNA evidence was discovered. They released a sketch of a suspect.
Lisa Ziegert was 24 years old when she was killed in 1992. She was a middle school teacher. She was working a second job at the Agawam Card Shop when she was abducted.
The next morning, the card shop clerk found the store open, the lights on, and the victim’s car parked where it was the previous evening.

The money in the store’s cash register as well as the victim’s purse and school materials appeared undisturbed. Her body was found four days later in the woods off of Suffield Street in Agawam. It was just four miles from where she was abducted.
attachment.php

Attachments

• ziegert-suspect-recreation.jpg
    ziegert-suspect-recreation.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 86
In the article I referenced above, massLive stated that the suspect is Gary E. Schara.

http://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-lisa-ziegert-cold-case-arraignment-20170918-story.html
Connecticut state police took a Massachusetts man into custody Monday on a fugitive from justice warrant charging him with the 1992 slaying of a woman in Agawam, Mass.

Gary Edward Schara, 48, of West Springfield, Mass. was taken into custody at Johnson Memorial Hospital in Stafford, where he was a patient. He appeared in Rockville Superior Court and waived extradition to Massachusetts.

Schara is charged with murder, aggravated rape and kidnapping in the death of Lisa Ziegert, 24.

Attached is the DNA Phenotype Composite from Parabon Labs released to the public in October 2016 (source MassLive).
b6872f0194fc9e1c2f43f669defe33a8.png
0168d07f758bfcce4f6a1272867930d1.png

I remember quite well when this happened. My brother knew her and this devastated and haunted us all. Finally- after so many years we thought this day would never come. This is very emotional for Western Massachusetts.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/we-got...e-slaying-of-mass-teachers-aide-lisa-ziegert/
schara.jpg
Gary Schara

WSHM
Ziegert told her friends and her sister in the days leading up to her disappearance that she felt like she was being watched, reports CBS affiliate WSHM. Over the last 25 years, a joint investigation has been conducted by Agawam Police, Massachusetts state police detectives assigned to the Hampden County District Attorney's office, the Massachusetts State Police Crime Lab, and the FBI.
On Wednesday, Massachusetts State Police tried to notify Schara that he was among the group from whom authorities were seeking DNA samples through a legal process.Schara wasn't at home, Gulluni said. But the next day, a person close to Schara contacted investigators and provided them with handwritten documents, purportedly written by Schara, in which Schara allegedly admitted to abducting, raping and murdering Ziegert.

Gulluni wouldn't identify the tipster or detail what was in the writings other than to say he believes it amounts to a confession.

When authorities attempted to locate him, Schara fled to Connecticut, where he apparently attempted suicide. He was found at a Rockville hospital, where he was arrested.
It wasn't immediately clear what if any connection existed between the suspect and the victim. Gulluni said investigators believe they know a motive, but he wouldn't detail it.

"We have a sense of why he did it, yes," Gulluni said in response to a reporter's question

so basically those composites are useless? I don't see any resemblance
does anyone else?

Attached is the DNA Phenotype Composite from Parabon Labs released to the public in October 2016 (source MassLive).
b6872f0194fc9e1c2f43f669defe33a8.png
0168d07f758bfcce4f6a1272867930d1.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member