Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 117 - 28/08/2007

We, like everyone else, await the results of the forensics from the recent searches. We do not know who has taken Madeleine or why. Sometimes people do things for reasons that even they cannot understand. An act of madness, an accident or sudden impulse can lead to consequences that people may never have imagined or intended. Faced with such a situation we believe any human soul will ultimately suffer torment and feelings of guilt and fear.

If you have done something you regret, if you find yourself in a situation you never intended, it is not too late to do the right thing. Please come forward, return Madeleine, leave her in a place of safety. At the very least, help us by letting us know what has happened to our beautiful little girl.

This is quite nice indeed! I think I would have liked to have heard it months ago, however. The DNA will hopefully bring more light to this situation.

Day 117 - 28/08/2007

We, like everyone else, await the results of the forensics from the recent searches. We do not know who has taken Madeleine or why. Sometimes people do things for reasons that even they cannot understand. An act of madness, an accident or sudden impulse can lead to consequences that people may never have imagined or intended. Faced with such a situation we believe any human soul will ultimately suffer torment and feelings of guilt and fear.

If you have done something you regret, if you find yourself in a situation you never intended, it is not too late to do the right thing. Please come forward, return Madeleine, leave her in a place of safety. At the very least, help us by letting us know what has happened to our beautiful little girl.

It is good to read him calling out for her return, but that first paragraph almost comes across as a confessional. Not that it is... it just has that inkling, given what has come out up to this point.

Day 117 - 28/08/2007

It's about time, HOPE it's not too late.

Day 117 - 28/08/2007

I think the McCanns are reading the numerous blogs and forums about Madeleine and have begun to accurately comprehend the near-universal criticism of their behavior since she disappeared. Call me cynical, but this looks like a measure of damage control. I even have doubts the GM wrote it himself because he has a certain style in his blog that I don't see here.

Colomom, what conclusions did you come up with from the Smart kidnapping?

Hi Cali, hi all...

I have been around, mostly lurking and checking for anything "interesting" in the press or on the many other forums and blogs. My kiddos started back to school this week and my little girl got sick on her first day (she fainted!) and I had to bring her home (that was yesterday). Today, with the full moon and a lunar eclipse, I have been very out of sorts. That is just to explain my being "away".

I have a certain cynical side to my personality and sometimes I really wonder about conspiracies and evil deeds done by powerful people. I always try to read between the lines and try to discern things that may be hidden.

I will spend some time this evening giving you my impression, but, I gotta go feed these kids!!

I will be back....I hope.

Cali, you may be correct about the damage control.

Honestly, I just don't know how to read the parents. One minute I'm sure they're somehow hiding something; the next, I have a sympathetic moment. The why and how just doesn't add up enough to completely convince me of anything nor do the reactions of the parents, especially the immediate comment about someone taking Madeline.

What if we separate feelings about the parents? Could GM have done something on his own?

The Mirror forums are discussing Gerry's blog entry and say it's his way of proposing how a confession would sit. They even think he may become suicidal.

And there are many people who believe his blogs have been code-speak between him and the rest of the couples who went to Portugal with them. That maybe he is communicating that it's time to tell the truth, etc.

http://forums.mirror.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=8552&sid=5c99ea2f8b656adf0c74b766239e1cc4

I think the McCanns are reading the numerous blogs and forums about Madeleine and have begun to accurately comprehend the near-universal criticism of their behavior since she disappeared. Call me cynical, but this looks like a measure of damage control. I even have doubts the GM wrote it himself because he has a certain style in his blog that I don't see here.

Agreed. I think also that this bears the imprint of a professional PR or other type of writer. I think that Gerry as a professional himself, would be very comfortable with the idea of a professional writer/other speaking "for him" on his blog.

"Voice" in writing is very unique. You don't know what it is exactly, but you know when it's not there. It has to do with things like rhythm, word choice, idioms, and even contraction and punctuation. It's almost impossible to teach in some ways because it is such a personal thing. Some people do use a much stiffer tone in writing simply because they aren't comfortable writing though.
When something sounds like someone other than the professed author wrote it, it usually has been written by someone else.

Day 117 - 28/08/2007

Too little to late...:twocents:

Maybe Kate put that blog entry up?

That's just a personal thought, not fact of course.

Colomom, what conclusions did you come up with from the Smart kidnapping?

Hi Cali, hi all...

I have been around, mostly lurking and checking for anything "interesting" in the press or on the many other forums and blogs. My kiddos started back to school this week and my little girl got sick on her first day (she fainted!) and I had to bring her home (that was yesterday). Today, with the full moon and a lunar eclipse, I have been very out of sorts. That is just to explain my being "away".

I have a certain cynical side to my personality and sometimes I really wonder about conspiracies and evil deeds done by powerful people. I always try to read between the lines and try to discern things that may be hidden.

I will spend some time this evening giving you my impression, but, I gotta go feed these kids!!

I will be back....I hope.

Copied from the Mirror Board: http://forums.mirror.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=8567

http://www.correiodamanha.pt/noticia.asp?id=255817&idselect=20&idCanal=20&p=0

"Check out the image's left corner. You can read "Syringe found in the room".
There is also something below but it is not very perceptible. All I can read is Judiciaria and tranquilizers."

Please...somebody...is that what is really says??

This is tomorrow's edition, and I guess it isn't out yet.

There are one of two possibilities. 1) The newspaper is making things up, or 2) there is a serious leak in the PJ, releasing delicate information from the case to the media.

This is tomorrow's edition, and I guess it isn't out yet.

There are one of two possibilities. 1) The newspaper is making things up, or 2) there is a serious leak in the PJ, releasing delicate information from the case to the media.

Yea, that's what I was thinking...serious leak.

There is alot of talk back and forth about exactly what kind of "syringe" this might be, maybe not as sinister as it sounds. The paper is also described as a sensational type. I guess we should wait until tomorrow to see who else, if anyone, picks it up....see where it goes.

Still makes me :sick: though....

I know when my children were young, I used an oral medication syringe to give them meds. It was a lot easier and less messy than a spoon.

Don't know if you guys have ever read this blog, but she's been accurate in the past. Just another viewpoint.

http://eyesforlies.blogspot.com/2007/08/kate-and-gerry-mccann.html

This is an interesting blurb, but definitely her O.

I don't feel that confident about them. I think the article above from Colomon, states (in regards to murdered children of parents), how a parent lies to cover up. I think this article is very accurate in stating when parents lie, they talk in the past tense. This couple looks down when spoken to, appear very nervous, and also detached.

Don't know if you guys have ever read this blog, but she's been accurate in the past. Just another viewpoint.

http://eyesforlies.blogspot.com/2007/08/kate-and-gerry-mccann.html

This was her first take on the case, from May 26: http://eyesforlies.blogspot.com/2007/05/madeline-mccanns-parents.html

She said she didn't think their behavior was unusual because they are optimistic people who didn't consider the world a bad place and may have truly felt that nothing bad would happen to Madeleine. It just makes me wonder how two parents, who must have seen a lot of terrible tragedies in the careers as doctors, could walk through the world in such denial.

Since the interview capricorn quoted is from Aug. 7, I wonder what she would make of the Sky News interview where Gerry won't look at the journalist and skirts around some questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA