Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose anything is possible. I do not have an opinion on either of the parents, as I have not followed this case as closely as others.

I did read in the FOX story that there are 22 questions LE wants to ask the mother. According to a family spokesperson they cannot ask these 22 specific questions to someone that is not a suspect.

Anyone else catch this or know anything about the Portugese law ?
We did know that one Edwards20, and there are other laws that have been posted, but I cannot remember where. All hell is going to break loose soon.

It appears that Gerry could very well be named a suspect. However, it seems that neither parents will be jailed.

What's the next step if they are named suspects? What will it take for them to be arrested? Should they still be caring for the twins if they are suspects in their daughter's murder? Can they leave Portugal?

It appears that Gerry could very well be named a suspect. However, it seems that neither parents will be jailed.

What's the next step if they are named suspects? What will it take for them to be arrested? Should they still be caring for the twins if they are suspects in their daughter's murder? Can they leave Portugal?

Time will tell Trino.

If they are named suspects I think they can leave Portugal but have to let the P LE know and have to be available on request from the P LE. I think the twins should be put with other family members until this is over.

All hell is going to break loose soon.

Aint that the truth. It might have broke loose yesterday, every news station covered Maddie last night, she's the lead on CNN, even at their website. My little local news covered Maddie last night which was a first. Gerry's going to be really busy now suing everyone.

Thanks.

Just heard on the Today Show teaser that the father has now been named a supsect as well.

I think I should read up on past postings.

Here's an interesting thought.....

The article quoted above says they found forensic evidence (previously linked that the cadaver dog alerted on the car) in the trunk of the car. Yet they didn't have that car when Madeleine went missing. That means that if the forensics and the dog are to be believed, they moved the body and probably buried her somewhere. Sad.

Cal

Aint that the truth. It might have broke loose yesterday, every news station covered Maddie last night, she's the lead on CNN, even at their website. My little local news covered Maddie last night which was a first. Gerry's going to be really busy now suing everyone.
Hi CarpeDiem, we are getting a lot more news about the McCanns than normal too, Gerry will become a suspect too. They are going to have to pull a rabbit out of a hat to explain the chit they are in now. I dont understand who they can sue, if the evidence proves they were involved they havent got a leg to stand on.

If I recall correctly, prior to Kate's interrogation, the McCann's were headed for England. Assuming they still will go, can you imagine the media circus surrounding their arrival and subsequent daily lives? And, it's not going to be any better if they stay in Portugal. Maybe they will need to stop their daily jogging, jaunting around, and meeting with celebrities.

IMO the McCann's have been very calloused throughout the ordeal and have not reacted as most parents of a missing child would react. I cannot see either of them admitting guilt. If they harmed their daughter, we can only hope there is enough evidence to hang them.

Time will tell Trino.

If they are named suspects I think they can leave Portugal but have to let the P LE know and have to be available on request from the P LE. I think the twins should be put with other family members until this is over.

I thought when Murat was named a suspect he couldn't leave as one of the reasons he was so upset was he couldn't go and see his daughter in England.
I think the McCann's are stuck now...

Just hit my local channel news!

I nearly passed out when I turned the news on at 5:50 am. Now I can't stop watching it and wondering what precisely the police have.
Kate was questioned for 11 hrs yesterday so something in her story along with the forensics they have must have been questionable. Bernie Kerik was on FOX this morning and said they must have something dramatic to have announced her as a suspect to the media.

What are your theories? What about the parents story makes your hinky meter go up? I have no solid theory or idea! LOL

PS

Here's one from CNN, updated 3 minutes ago, where it says that they also expect Gerry to be named a suspect:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/09/07/madeleine.mccann/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

It states in the above link that if the parents are regarded as suspects they have the right to remain silent and have legal representation, and that some witnesses ask to be named suspects so they have the above options.

If the McCanns claim they have nothing to do with Madelaines disappearance and have asked to be named as suspects, if they have nothing to hide then why would they ask to be suspects so they wouldnt have to answer questions and have legal representation.

IMO I dont think they asked to be suspects, I think the DNA tests have shown that the McCanns were involved in some way.

Anything in particular just not set well with you ?

Cal, which article ? I would like to read more on this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...ews.html?in_article_id=477801&in_page_id=1811

This is one that alludes to the 'boot' which is a whacky english word for trunk, I think? :D

If they killed her that night and disposed of her that night permanently, there would be nothing for the dogs to smell. Bodies don't start smelling like cadavers for a few hours after death.

I think that Madeleine probably interrupted their fun (sex, a run, dinner) and someone struck her and killed her. I think they took her somewhere safe for the night to get her out of the apartment and set their alibi. I think they went back later and permanently buried her....hence the smell of a body on the key, Kate's clothes, and in the trunk.

Sad sad sad.

Cal

I nearly passed out when I turned the news on at 5:50 am. Now I can't stop watching it and wondering what precisely the police have.
Kate was questioned for 11 hrs yesterday so something in her story along with the forensics they have must have been questionable. Bernie Kerik was on FOX this morning and said they must have something dramatic to have announced her as a suspect to the media.

What are your theories? What about the parents story makes your hinky meter go up? I have no solid theory or idea! LOL

PS
i wonder why they spent so many hours talking to just mom. do they have something that leads them to suspect her more than gary? did they spend 11 hours with her alone because they think she is more likely to crack and confess? did they plan to name them suspects before they spoke to her or was that not set in stone til they got whatever answers she gave during that 11 hours? i really wish they would interview someone that is a expert in the law there. what type of question could they not ask? in 11 hours they must of asked a hell of alot of questions. what are the magic 22 that are off limits til today?

Kate McCann has been made an "arguido", people. Educate yourself on the word.

I can't believe how many WS'ers are STILL judging this case according to US legal procedure. Portuguese law is different.

sherri79: My guess is the 22 questions are ones that they do not want to ask her without legal representation present. As an arguido she is required by law to have one present. In fact, a lot of witnesses in cases in Portugal actually voluntarily have themselves declared arguidos so that they can get access to legal representation.

It states in the above link that if the parents are regarded as suspects they have the right to remain silent and have legal representation, and that some witnesses ask to be named suspects so they have the above options.

If the McCanns claim they have nothing to do with Madelaines disappearance and have asked to be named as suspects, if they have nothing to hide then why would they ask to be suspects so they wouldnt have to answer questions and have legal representation.

IMO I dont think they asked to be suspects, I think the DNA tests have shown that the McCanns were involved in some way.

At least we're getting something back from the DNA - At last! I agree 100%, after all the false leaks and contradicting info, i think the PJ def have something solid on the DNA, if not something that links them directly, then defintely something which proves their previous accounts werent true, which i guess to a point links them directly anyway, right?

Good morning all....

Well it looks like it will be another very busy day, yes?

It kind of blows my mind to see all the news (CNN live and online and all over the British press) this morning...

I guess we wait to see what happens to Gerry next? And Kate is back at the PJ huh? I can see another marathon coming on...

Personally, I LOVE the PJ!!

Justice for Madeleine!

Kate McCann has been made an "arguido", people. Educate yourself on the word.

I can't believe how many WS'ers are STILL judging this case according to US legal procedure. Portuguese law is different.

sherri79: My guess is the 22 questions are ones that they do not want to ask her without legal representation present. As an arguido she is required by law to have one present. In fact, a lot of witnesses in cases in Portugal actually voluntarily have themselves declared arguidos so that they can get access to legal representation.

What do they have to hide, that they need Legal representation, if they are innocent as they claim, then they should have no worries, sounds to me like they have something to hide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner