Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate McCann has been made an "arguido", people. Educate yourself on the word.

I can't believe how many WS'ers are STILL judging this case according to US legal procedure. Portuguese law is different.

I did. It translates to indict, your point??

For the rude poster above:

How is arguido status given and what does it mean?

Under Portuguese law either the police or a person being questioned can request that they be formally named as a suspect, a process called arguido.

Artur Rego, a Portuguese lawyer, told BBC News: "Arguido is the person who has been accused of being the perpetrator."

"This is just an accusation made exactly at the end of the investigation."
A person can ask for arguido status if they feel the line of questioning is implying that they are a suspect. This gives them more rights than a witness would have.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6657977.stm

ETA: I don't mean you Rino, lol!

At least we're getting something back from the DNA - At last! I agree 100%, after all the false leaks and contradicting info, i think the PJ def have something solid on the DNA, if not something that links them directly, then defintely something which proves their previous accounts werent true, which i guess to a point links them directly anyway, right?
Absolutely jacobean, they are involved somehow.......how, who knows, hopefully we learn more after the investigations are over and all the DNA tests are in.

Pocono Sleuther,the bells went off when I heard that they left the children alone with a locked ,then went to an unlocked door.I could not get my mind around the fact that 2 well educated "doctors" could be that stupid,theres no way they could be.Just didn't and still don't believe that they did not know the danger(s) of what could happen to 3 small children who where the age of 3 and under :eek: everything to abduction,fire and just plain wondering off, among many,many other dangers.

I am not buying what they are selling.I am hoping it was an accident at least and not a planned crime.

Know what?? Even though my gut is screaming at me that they are guilty and prolly 1-2 of the tapas 9 are also,there is a part of me still hoping and praying that it turns out that G&K had no part in it.

Sweet Madeleine my heart breaks for you.

Oh and has anyone else heard that Kate got jeered and booed??That was so wrong for people to do.I understand why they did but it was still wrong :(

So do others think they moved madeleine to one of the Tapas 9s room to hide her there?Which of the 9 do you think??

Friends are coming for questioning on Monday

Kate McCann left CID headquarters in Portimão

After almost 11 eleven hours, Madeleine’s mother left the CID building, in Portimão, facing dozens of journalists and 18 TV cameras. His lawyer Pinto de Abreu told journalists that she was questioned as a witness and refused to make further comments, because of the Secrecy Law.

Police sources said, at the end of the afternoon, that Gerry McCann would be questioned immediately after Kate, but there is no indication that it may happen this night. On Monday two couples, from the eight McCann friends that were dinning altogether at Tapas Bar will come to Portimão, to be also questioned, again..

paulo reis (http://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogspot.com/)

I wonder how long they will keep them....that could be veeeery interesting.

in Jornal de Noticias today:

http://jn.sapo.pt/2007/09/07/primeiro_plano/pai_e_de_madeleine_apertados_pela_ju.html

Copied from: http://helpmadeleine.proboards79.com/index.cgi?board=latest&action=display&thread=1182386581&page=22 post #326

Father and mother ‘squeezed’ by the Judiciaria

Madeleine’s mother returns to the Criminal Investigation Department of the Policia Judiciaria (PJ) in Portimao today, in order to continue being inquired with evidence that was collected by the investigators, which point to her daughter Madeleine’s death, which include cadaver odours, found by English dogs on Kate’s clothes. PJ concluded today at 00.56 a.m. an interrogation of Kate McCann, as a witness, that lasted eleven hours, and focused on elements that were collected by PJ during the investigation, and on contradictions in her friends’ statements.

According to information that was collected by JN, among the evidence that the PJ has gathered for now, is a sample of biological residues that was collected from the trunk of the car that was rented by the couple several days after the girl’s disappearance. The Birmingham Lab has concluded, although not with 100% certainty, that the residue may belong to the girl. Yet, it remains unexplained why the sample was found in a car that was only used by Kate and Gerry after Maddie disappeared.

From the English lab, there are still results from other samples missing, namely from the Ocean Club apartment. Those that arrived along with analyses from residues that were found in the car – which refer to other locations that JN was not able to confirm – resulted inconclusive.

Today, after Kate, it’s Gerry’s time to be inquired again. Both may see their status in the process altered. JN knows that the passage into arguidos is a strong possibility, but everything depends on the answers that are given during the inquiries as witnesses.

During eleven hours of interrogation, Kate McCann was confronted with the evidence that was collected by investigators and with the deposition of Pamela Fenn, the British woman who lives above the apartment that the McCanns occupied at the Ocean Club, in Praia da Luz. A testimony that is fundamental to the investigators, and which does not match the statements that have been made by Kate and Gerry, about the night of May 3, the day that Madeleine disappeared. The British woman says she heard the girl screaming for her father, two days before the disappearance.

The 70-year old neighbour also raised strong doubts about the checks that allegedlt were made by parents and friends, on that night, into the apartment, to see if the children were asleep, and how often. In her statement, Pamela has apparently said that, confronted with the couple’s distress, when they noticed the child was missing, she offered to call GNR, but Kate said she had already done so. The truth is that the phone call to GNR was made more than 40 minutes after the conversation that Pamela says she held with Kate.

This and other contradictions dominated the interrogation that the investigators performed on Madeleine’s mother. Kate arrived at PJ’s offices in Portimao before 2 p.m. Gerry was driving the car, which he parked on the opposite lane, kissed his wife and went back to Praia da Luz where the twins were in the company of his mother.

Minutes earlier, through the same door, entered the lawyer Carlos Pinto de Abreu, accompanied by another lawyer, who is the attorney’s assistant. The Portuguese lawyer accompanied Kate’s deposition and was inside the building until 9.40 p.m., when there was a break for dinner.

Upon leaving the PJ, Carlos Pinto Abreu told the journalists that Kate was heard as a witness, refusing to make any other comments due to “judicial secrecy”. Kate left in silence.

Anything in particular just not set well with you ?

Cal, which article ? I would like to read more on this.

Their explanation just didn't sit well with me. There was a lack of logic somewhere along the lines, I felt. Hard to explain.

i wonder why they spent so many hours talking to just mom. do they have something that leads them to suspect her more than gary? did they spend 11 hours with her alone because they think she is more likely to crack and confess? did they plan to name them suspects before they spoke to her or was that not set in stone til they got whatever answers she gave during that 11 hours? i really wish they would interview someone that is a expert in the law there. what type of question could they not ask? in 11 hours they must of asked a hell of alot of questions. what are the magic 22 that are off limits til today?

I assume they started with Kate because she is the one who found Madeleine 'missing'. Also more evidence with supposed death smell on her clothes and cuddly cat. But who knows if this is fact.

11 hours included about 1.5 hr delay in starting and all conversations were translated and had to be written down. Short break also for dinner.

Still along time though........................;)

Heard on BBC radio , Auntie Phil was on, she is in PT with them, that they were notified (Kate and Gerry) on Tues or Wed that they would most likely be called in for interviews latter this week.

Friends are coming for questioning on Monday

Kate McCann left CID headquarters in Portimão

After almost 11 eleven hours, Madeleine’s mother left the CID building, in Portimão, facing dozens of journalists and 18 TV cameras. His lawyer Pinto de Abreu told journalists that she was questioned as a witness and refused to make further comments, because of the Secrecy Law.

Police sources said, at the end of the afternoon, that Gerry McCann would be questioned immediately after Kate, but there is no indication that it may happen this night. On Monday two couples, from the eight McCann friends that were dinning altogether at Tapas Bar will come to Portimão, to be also questioned, again..

paulo reis (http://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogspot.com/)

I wonder how long they will keep them....that could be veeeery interesting.

Thanks for all the links, colomom.

I think they better renew the lease on their modest rented villa-only goes to sept 11.:D

I still say this is all a game that the PJ are playing with Gerry....for those of us that "know" him...this has got to be making him completely crazy.

When they get him in there he will be half way to cracking...

Just woke up to this news a while ago. OMG!!!!!

We knew this was coming. I just am so happy there may finally be justice for Madeleine, God bless her.

I hope Gerry and Kate have someone lined up to come and get the twins if they are arrested. I feel so sorry for Amelie and Sean, bless their little hearts. I do believe Gerry and Kate may never see England again, if this all comes down the way we think it might.

Lucianne.com (a conservative news site where you can post comments about news events) has a banner across the homepage saying both parents will be named as suspects.

I'm so proud of all the investigators in this case!!

Madeleine, we love you, Sweetie!!

Mrs McCann is set to be given "arguido" status meaning that she will have certain legal protection that is not extended to a witness, including the right to remain silent during questioning and the right to legal representation.
It is not uncommon for people caught up in criminal investigations in Portugal to declare themselves arguidos in order to receive this protection.

- From ITN

I still say this is all a game that the PJ are playing with Gerry....for those of us that "know" him...this has got to be making him completely crazy.

Yea you could be right.I had to edit the last post I made so it may have gotten missed.

I read on the mirror forum that Kate got jeered and booed.If that happened that was so wrong.I wonder if there is video some where of it?Also I wonder if it was one of those tabloid reporter who started it and part of the crowd followed along just for the report?

Would like to see the video to see if its true and how many where doing the booing

I believe that these are the 22 questions being mentioned today:

From: http://www.correiodamanha.pt/noticia.asp?id=253039&idselect=181&idCanal=181&p=0
Madeleine McCann Case
PJ searches Maddie’s jeep thoroughly

The 22 questions from Moita Flores

- Who was the last person to see Madeleine alive, except the couple?
- Was the girl asleep or awake when they left home for dinner?
- Were the other children asleep?
- How were the round to check the children organized?
- Who was the first adult to make a round?
- And who was second?
- What was the time lapse?
- How many of the children of the other couples were asleep at the same time?
- What was the checking order?
- How much time passed between the last person outside of the couple seeing the girl alive, and the alert to the disappearance?
- How much time passed between the knowledge of the disappearance, and the communication to authorities?
- Who called the police?
- Who participated in the first searches?
- Where did they touch?
- Where did they search?
- Did they have bleach or acid in the house? (acido muriatico)
- Where did they shop?
- When did they buy these hygiene artciles?
- Who knew where they were kept?
- Did any of the friends change his clothes that night?
- Was any of them absent for an hour or more?
- Do they allow their children to talk to a pedo-psychiatrist so they can tell what they saw?

I hope so, but I doubt he is capable of having feelings, throughout this whole investigation, he has seemed like a non caring, selfish cold fish, out for whatever he can achieve for himself.

If they found decomp fluid genetically tied back to Madeleine in the car trunk(from a car only rented after she disappeared), I'd say this case would be a slam dunk, even without the body.

Wow heather, you are fast. I was just going to post those questions!!
Command Central is flying fast today--I bet you got that coffee machine put in there!

Yea you could be right.I had to edit the last post I made so it may have gotten missed.

I read on the mirror forum that Kate got jeered and booed.If that happened that was so wrong.I wonder if there is video some where of it?Also I wonder if it was one of those tabloid reporter who started it and part of the crowd followed along just for the report?

Would like to see the video to see if its true and how many where doing the booing

http://news.sky.com/skynews/home

Video from this morning...the Mirror board do tend to get a bit excited....

During eleven hours of interrogation, Kate McCann was confronted with the evidence that was collected by investigators and with the deposition of Pamela Fenn, the British woman who lives above the apartment that the McCanns occupied at the Ocean Club, in Praia da Luz. A testimony that is fundamental to the investigators, and which does not match the statements that have been made by Kate and Gerry, about the night of May 3, the day that Madeleine disappeared. The British woman says she heard the girl screaming for her father, two days before the disappearance.

Wow, how horrible...if that was when she was killed. I can't imagine knowing that my daughter was killed by her mother and was screaming for me to help her...if that's what happened.

Cal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member