Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even know what you guys are talking about...but I think the thread is redundant at best. How many times can we chastize the parents and how many times can we say we are sorry for Maddy? Outside of that, I never read any news. "He said in his blog...mom looks this way"...but never any real news. This case is cold. Sorry, but they did all the wrong things to begin with. Everyone did. What are the chances we will find poor Maddy? Slim. So why don't we make this a thread of being positive for children, in hopes of helping Maddy? Let's put our energy into naming perps in those regions and sending letters to whomever to see them.

I don't even know what you guys are talking about...but I think the thread is redundant at best. How many times can we chastize the parents and how many times can we say we are sorry for Maddy? Outside of that, I never read any news. "He said in his blog...mom looks this way"...but never any real news. This case is cold. Sorry, but they did all the wrong things to begin with. Everyone did. What are the chances we will find poor Maddy? Slim. So why don't we make this a thread of being positive for children, in hopes of helping Maddy? Let's put our energy into naming perps in those regions and sending letters to whomever to see them.

That is a good idea SS but I cant get Madelaine out of my mind, even though she may never be found, Im not ready to give up on her yet, I still feel there is hope and until proven otherwise I will keep posting and reading whatever information I can.

Great! If it is pertinent info! I am sorry, but all I have seen thread after thread here is not. I wish we could turn it into something productive!

Hey it happens, this case is enough to send anyone round the twist, we all get frustrated and feel helpless, we want to help but dont know how, or are too far away. Of course there are going to be difference of opinions, we all dont think alike, and therefore arguments and disagreements are part and parcel of debating about something we all feel very strongly about. We all have one thing in common and that is the safe return of Madelaine, lets focus on her and how the investigation is going.

Anyway april4sky my name is Shazza, glad to meet you.
Hi Shazza, This time I completely agree with you....Feels good. :) Hopefully we will chat again sometime, maybe on another thread where we are both on the same page...I think I would enjoy that....or better yet, God willing when Madeleine is found safe and well. And my name is April and i'm very pleased to have met you too.

Great! If it is pertinent info! I am sorry, but all I have seen thread after thread here is not. I wish we could turn it into something productive!
We do seem to keep rehashing old news, I think whilst Im talking about her she is still alive, and there is a chance she will be found. I dont know why I cant let this go, I just think she needs to be brought home, whether alive or dead and then there will be closure.

Hi Shazza, This time I completely agree with you....Feels good. :) Hopefully we will chat again sometime, maybe on another thread where we are both on the same page...I think I would enjoy that....or better yet, God willing when Madeleine is found safe and well. And my name is April and i'm very pleased to have met you too.
I will look forward to talking to you on another thread about a different subject, as Im sure we will have a lot in common.:)

I agree with SS... I believe it has gone cold. Whomever took Maddie was long gone (out of town) with her before LE could even get their hands on this case.
I don't mind all the talking about (mainland) Europe LE- my family is from Italy, and we can safely assume that they don't ALL have the technology or the wherewithall to handle something like this on such a large scale. I firmly believe that in some european countries, LE is much more easily influenced by bribery and " mentality" than in the UK and the US. I know for a fact it is in Italy; my uncle is a police officer in a small city.
For example, WHY does LE seem to think she's still in Portugal? are they trying to throw off the media or are they trying to tell the truth or are they trying to lure someone? I think the lack of answers is an indication that there are no new real solid leads, and that they may feel helpless.
This is just my opinion, but I haven't seen any real new news on Maddie's case lately.

It is tragic. I feel the same way. However, it isn't good for anyone to sit and dwell. Turn this into an opportunity to do something about it.

From Sky News:
"Three close friends of Madeleine McCann's parents are among people being questioned by Portuguese police over the missing girl, a source has said. Detectives from the Policia Judiciaria (PJ) are speaking to Rachael Oldfield, Russell O'Brien and Fiona Payne to go over their accounts of events on May 3. ........ Police have already interviewed the party in detail including one woman - who has not been named - who saw a girl being carried away by a man in Praia Da Luz and now believes it was Madeleine. A spokeswoman for the McCann family said that the three were due to be re-interviewed at the PJ headquarters in Portimao."

http://preview.tinyurl.com/2hcsvw

I think it is very telling that the Portugese police are still interviewing the friends of the family. It is also interesting that the English friends are being intereviewed in Portimao....does that mean they have to return to Portugal? I also sort of wonder if the parents are still in Portugal because they are suspects and CAN'T leave?

From Sky News:
"Three close friends of Madeleine McCann's parents are among people being questioned by Portuguese police over the missing girl, a source has said. Detectives from the Policia Judiciaria (PJ) are speaking to Rachael Oldfield, Russell O'Brien and Fiona Payne to go over their accounts of events on May 3. ........ Police have already interviewed the party in detail including one woman - who has not been named - who saw a girl being carried away by a man in Praia Da Luz and now believes it was Madeleine. A spokeswoman for the McCann family said that the three were due to be re-interviewed at the PJ headquarters in Portimao."

http://preview.tinyurl.com/2hcsvw

I think it is very telling that the Portugese police are still interviewing the friends of the family. It is also interesting that the English friends are being intereviewed in Portimao....does that mean they have to return to Portugal? I also sort of wonder if the parents are still in Portugal because they are suspects and CAN'T leave?

This is the first time that I have heard that the friends of the McCanns who were with them on the night of Madelaines disappearance have been questioned. Im glad they are being interviewed again, somebody in that party knows something about Madelaines disappearance.

I would only hope so. Now...let's find out who the predators are out there and why we should not tread their beaches!

I agree and I think it's because there is just no new news coming out. However one thought I had this morning with the news that they are reinterviewing the M's friends... We have for so long poured all our focus onto the parents we have let slip by the 'friends' that were also checking in on the kids. Or so it has been stated in the news. It could very easily have been one of them that perhaps came in and found Madeleine a bit disruptive and got a bit too harsh with her.... you get my point here. It seems a LOT of 'people' were in that room that night IF they are telling a scrap of truth about checking in on those kids so anyone one of them is suspect to me.
Another thing is it has been stated there is a lot of descrepincies in Murat's story of if he was in the room that night or not. They could be going back to the 'group' to try and find a witness that could place him there that night. IF they could then that would blow a hole in his story.

From G's blog:

"The investigation into Madelienes disapperance remains very active and we note that the Portuguese police are conducting a series of interviews today and tomorrow."

So he STILL can't spell Madeleine's name right...:rolleyes:

I agree and I think it's because there is just no new news coming out. However one thought I had this morning with the news that they are reinterviewing the M's friends... We have for so long poured all our focus onto the parents we have let slip by the 'friends' that were also checking in on the kids. Or so it has been stated in the news. It could very easily have been one of them that perhaps came in and found Madeleine a bit disruptive and got a bit too harsh with her.... you get my point here. It seems a LOT of 'people' were in that room that night IF they are telling a scrap of truth about checking in on those kids so anyone one of them is suspect to me.
Another thing is it has been stated there is a lot of descrepincies in Murat's story of if he was in the room that night or not. They could be going back to the 'group' to try and find a witness that could place him there that night. IF they could then that would blow a hole in his story.
Which would then be news! But...until then...all we have is speculation and we feed into the bigger picture of targeting the parents in all of this which gets all of us nowhere. I would like to see WSers DO something besides badmouth the parents and actually take an active role to save another child from such a fate...no matter how bad the parents are. WE can and must point out places and people where everyone is at risk. Find and name them. Pedophiles are not protected here by law as to their names or whereabouts. Shouldn't we be making other people in other countries aware of our ills of society before they prey on their children in other countries? Shouldn't we know where they are and let others know why we want them monitored in every country around the globe?

I just wanted to thank BadKat, petra and Jdee for their replies to my question for map info.

The thread where they replied is now closed (Part 6, page 20) and I was unable to thank them there. Copying their posts over here in case anyone else missed these informative links.

BadKat said:
Here you go. I think far too many people haven't seen this. This isn't the original one I saw, however it is just as telling. Not nearby, in my opinion.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...ine20McCan.jpg

petra said:

Jdee said:
Heres some good pictures of the crime scene.

http://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.bl...luz-crime.html

Great info, thanks gang!! :blowkiss:

This is the first time that I have heard that the friends of the McCanns who were with them on the night of Madelaines disappearance have been questioned. Im glad they are being interviewed again, somebody in that party knows something about Madelaines disappearance.

It is soooo about time! How many of us were pleading weeks ago for this! Hope is coming back!

They were, both are charged with five counts of involuntary manslaughter and one count of making false reports to police (they lied about a babysitter being present sending the police on a two day search for an imaginary teen). They are also charged with recklessly endangering firefighters and endangering the welfare of children.

CarpeDiem...

Thanks for that information. What fools to put children and then the FD in danger when they left the kids alone.

And the children paid the ultimate price...they died...because their mom's were irresponsible.

I have no sympathy for the McCann's. All my thoughts are with Maddie. Poor thing.

This is an excellent site for up to the minute information:-

http://formadeleine.proboards106.com/index.cgi?board=news&action=display&thread=1180304465&page=28

I think I recognise some familiar faces from here?..... I really am struggling finding my way around all these forums:confused:

I'm on this board but don't post much. Every time I say anything on it that even suggests McCann neglect I get 20 other members jumping on me with their excuses and accusations. They insist that I must think I'm a perfect parent who never makes a mistake and then claim most parents do the same thing the McCanns did. Then they ask "don't you think the parents are suffering enough?" and claim our attacks on them aren't helping anyone find Madeleine. It makes me sick to my stomach.

But I'll agree, if you can wade through the nausea, they do have a lot of early-breaking news because several members live in Portugal.

I'm on this board but don't post much. Every time I say anything on it that even suggests McCann neglect I get 20 other members jumping on me with their excuses and accusations. They insist that I must think I'm a perfect parent who never makes a mistake and then claim most parents do the same thing the McCanns did. Then they ask "don't you think the parents are suffering enough?" and claim our attacks on them aren't helping anyone find Madeleine. It makes me sick to my stomach.

I hope those people aren't parents.

Reading the post about those five kids dying in a fire while their mothers were off having a good old time got me to thinking.

I wonder how many people would be so supportive of the McCanns if, under the exact same circumstances, one of their children had started and fire and if, as a consequence, one or all three of the children died.

Would the parents leaving them alone then qualify as being neglectful?

If so, then why isn't that the case because one child was allegedly abducted?

I don't get it either. And I can't get nary a one to explain it even though I would sorely like to understand.

Kat

But I'll agree, if you can wade through the nausea, they do have a lot of early-breaking news because several members live in Portugal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike