Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
CaliKid, I also visit the board posted by MoonGoddess, and I don't post much anymore either. I don't agree with a lot of what they say, but I have to hand it to them - they are the best source of up to date news I have found anywhere on the web, and they have got to be some of the most tireless, dedicated, and deeply committed people I have ever encountered. They truly care about Madeleine, and are in my opinion, therefore, good people. Anyway, I just discovered this youtube video, and I have posted it over there, and I also wanted to share it with you. I think a ray of light, and a glimmer of hope is needed every now and then when you deal with issues like those here at WS's and with the Madeleine case. It is a video of the performance of a little 6 year old girl who reminds me of Madeleine. Her name is Connie, and she is auditioning at the English equivalent to American Idol. Enjoy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En0A8KGMgq8

From Sky News:
"Three close friends of Madeleine McCann's parents are among people being questioned by Portuguese police over the missing girl, a source has said. Detectives from the Policia Judiciaria (PJ) are speaking to Rachael Oldfield, Russell O'Brien and Fiona Payne to go over their accounts of events on May 3. ........ Police have already interviewed the party in detail including one woman - who has not been named - who saw a girl being carried away by a man in Praia Da Luz and now believes it was Madeleine. A spokeswoman for the McCann family said that the three were due to be re-interviewed at the PJ headquarters in Portimao."

http://preview.tinyurl.com/2hcsvw

I think it is very telling that the Portugese police are still interviewing the friends of the family. It is also interesting that the English friends are being intereviewed in Portimao....does that mean they have to return to Portugal? I also sort of wonder if the parents are still in Portugal because they are suspects and CAN'T leave?

Some of these names are now familiar due to the Sol Report that came out last week about the night of May 3. Look at the 4th comment down for the full report.

http://forums.mirror.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1140&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=7035

Jane Tanner is the friend mentioned above who saw a child being carried by a man before Madeleine was discovered missing. Her husband/boyfriend is Russell O’Brien. Rachael Oldfield is married to Mathew Oldfield. Fiona Payne is a new name, but there was also another woman present named Najova Chekaya. Including the McCanns, there were nine at dinner that night.

CaliKid, I also visit the board posted by MoonGoddess, and I don't post much anymore either. I don't agree with a lot of what they say, but I have to hand it to them - they are the best source of up to date news I have found anywhere on the web, and they have got to be some of the most tireless, dedicated, and deeply committed people I have ever encountered. They truly care about Madeleine, and are in my opinion, therefore, good people. Anyway, I just discovered this youtube video, and I have posted it over there, and I also wanted to share it with you. I think a ray of light, and a glimmer of hope is needed every now and then when you deal with issues like those here at WS's and with the Madeleine case. It is a video of the performance of a little 6 year old girl who reminds me of Madeleine. Her name is Connie, and she is auditioning at the English equivalent to American Idol. Enjoy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En0A8KGMgq8

Oh, she is so sweet. Her singing made me cry. And she does look exactly like I imagine Madeleine would look in two years.

Oh, she is so sweet. Her singing made me cry. And she does look exactly like I imagine Madeleine would look in two years.

She is so very sweet. I was following that contest, as I was rooting for Paul Potts whom won. After the announcement, that little girl showed maturity and heart beyond her year's.

OMG, what a precious little girl, and she really does look like Madeleine!! She has an angel's voice. I hope she does get to sing for the Queen in the end, at another time. I loved seeing how she shocked Simon almost speechless with her talent.

Connie was a breath of fresh air, wasnt she just great. It was what we needed, tears of happiness not sadness.:)

http://sol.sapo.pt/PaginaInicial/Sociedade/Interior.aspx?content_id=44677

From the SOL website- Policia Judiciaria is going to confront the three elements of the group that was spending holidays with Madeleine’s parents in Praia da Luz, with the statement of the person who is until now the only arguido in the process of the disappearance of the english child.

The four persons who are being inquired are going to be submitted to a confrontation, in order to clarify the truth about what happened on the night of the kidnapping, given the fact that the statements are contradictory.

Among the english that were spending their vacation with Madeleine’s parents at the Ocean Club and are going to be heard today, are the couple Russell O’Brien and Jane Tanner.

We are reminded that a SOL investigation concluded that Russell was the group’s element who was absent for the greatest amount of time, during the dinner that was held on the night Madeleine McCann disappeared.

The testimony of a resort employee confirms that a few days earlier, it was also Russell O’Brien who had been absent during the group’s dinner.

Jane Tanner is one of the key witnesses of the process, given the fact that she claims to have seen a man carrying a child, during one of her trips to the apartments to check on the children.

The english woman states she saw a man aged 35-40, with dark hair, wearing beige trousers, a dark jacket and classic black shoes, carrying a girl, who was wearing a pyjama and was barefoot.

Yet, this portrait does not fully coincide with Murat, given the fact that he never wore his hair long at the neck, which is how Jane describes the man she saw.

Although Jane describes the individual with good detail, Jeremy Wilkins – another witness who was on the street at the exact moment when Jane says she saw the suspect – guaranteed to SOL that he saw neither Jane nor any suspect, adding that if this had happened, it would have been ‘practically impossible’ not noticing the ocurrence.

Another aspect that the police will want to clarify is whether Robert Murat was at the Ocean Club on the night Maddie vanished.

The McCann’s friends confirm they saw the arguido at the resort in Praia da Luz, but staff and GNR elements deny this version.

http://tinyurl.com/2r6xj4
Here is another article about the same information. At the end it says:

Yesterday police also quizzed Antonio Toscano, a Spanish freelance journalist, who has repeatedly claimed to have information about Madeleine's abductor.

He says a repeat sex offender known as the 'Frenchman' may have taken her on behalf of a paedophile network. But Mr Sousa said: 'We have checked all the information that he has provided and have already said that it is a line which is not very strong, not consistent.'

Latest Update - Gerry's Blog/Diary

Day 69 - 11/07/2007

This morning got off to a bad start when we were called, even before the twins were awake, by a reputable press agency saying that a body had been found and asking if it was true. It is very disappointing that this person did not check out the source of this rumour before contacting our representatives. Such calls and rumours are distressing even though we know if it does not come through an official source not to place much emphasis on it.

The Portuguese police interviewed three of our friends again today, to clarify points in their initial statements. As most of you will know, there is a lot of misleading information being published, both in the press and on the internet, about the events leading up to Madeleine's disappearance and the criminal investigation. We would like to give more information, especially about inaccurate and hurtful reports, but cannot for fear of prejudicing any subsequent court proceedings. The Portuguese police have made it clear to us that all witnesses should not divulge or discuss the information they have provided. Kate and I are, of course not party to all of the information coming into the inquiry for sound operational reasons.

Similarly a lot of people have asked to learn more about Madeleines likes and dislikes. This is information which we have been advised not to distribute publicly because of the risk of it being used in potential extortion attempts. The arrests recently in The Netherlands and Spain show that such information could be used negatively in the wrong hands

Madeleine's Parents Learn Portuguese

Updated: 09:02, Thursday July 12, 2007
<H2>Madeleine McCann's parents are learning Portuguese as they make plans for an indefinite stay in the country to continue the search for their daughter.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91210-1274868,00.html

</H2>
When they have masteres the Portuguese language, I hope they get out with a lot of Madelaines posters and start asking questions. I would be out there everyday from dawn till dusk asking as many people as I can if they have seen Madelaine or heard or knows anything that might help find Madelaine.

Petra - both of your last two posts are encouraging to me. At least McCanns are acknowledging there are questions regarding the investigation and are speaking directly about the lack of information. Maybe their new representative that helps with the blog has a little common sense?

And I am encouraged that they are learning Portugese. To me, that is something a parent would do if their child went missing in a different country. I know for me, that I would very much want to be able to understand what was being said around me, how the criminal system works and, more than anything, like Shazza says, I would want to be able to talk to the locals, the people that were near the scene of the event and of course the investigators. I have a slightly suspicious mind and I would never completely trust a translator when it was something as precious as my daughter that was being discussed.

Okay - it is almost Friday (or is Friday) in Portugal now, right? Where is the big news or the big arrest?

I have my fingers crossed it comes soon.

Oh - and did anyone else hear rumors about a body being found? or just the McCanns? That has to be heart wrenching.

Prayers for Madeleine, may she come home soon!

Salem

I would only hope so. Now...let's find out who the predators are out there and why we should not tread their beaches!

I think this is a great idea and would appreciate any tips or ideas you have about trying to find these guys. I know how to use the Megan's Law database here in the states, but I don't know about those same types of databases outside the states.

If you (or someone) can give me a push in the right direction (even just tell me what to google) I can probably take it from there......

Thanks,

Salem

Petra - both of your last two posts are encouraging to me. At least McCanns are acknowledging there are questions regarding the investigation and are speaking directly about the lack of information. Maybe their new representative that helps with the blog has a little common sense?

And I am encouraged that they are learning Portugese. To me, that is something a parent would do if their child went missing in a different country. I know for me, that I would very much want to be able to understand what was being said around me, how the criminal system works and, more than anything, like Shazza says, I would want to be able to talk to the locals, the people that were near the scene of the event and of course the investigators. I have a slightly suspicious mind and I would never completely trust a translator when it was something as precious as my daughter that was being discussed.

Okay - it is almost Friday (or is Friday) in Portugal now, right? Where is the big news or the big arrest?

I have my fingers crossed it comes soon.

Oh - and did anyone else hear rumors about a body being found? or just the McCanns? That has to be heart wrenching.

Prayers for Madeleine, may she come home soon!

Salem
Hi Salem. There is a report here from Sky News on the find of this poor mans body...Sad

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91210-1274977,00.html

Prayers for Madeleine.

Interesting about a British yachtsman's body being found in the marina there is Portugal. I look forward to hearing what his name is, and if he is conntected to either Robert Murat, the McCann's, or some of the friends that vacationed with them. I also look forward to hearing the cause of deeath of this yachtsman.

Hi Salem. There is a report here from Sky News on the find of this poor mans body...Sad

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91210-1274977,00.html

Prayers for Madeleine.

There was a man who went missing a couple of weeks ago there while hiking to his destination instead of riding with his family. I wonder if it's him? I remember the article where they interviewd his son who said he would never stage his own disapearance or commit sucide and they thought he had been kidnapped... but it has been so far back now in the Madeleine threads I would never find it now.

My opinion is shifting a wee bit, I think the McCann's are cold, stupid (how did these two become Doctor's ?), and guilty of Child Endangerment (and should be charged), but I'm starting to feel a little less that atleast one of them could have "had it" and Madeleine then "disappeared". Still though, why can't I get rid of that seed of doubt about them? That feeling?

These VERY recent things they are doing and saying are finally making sense though. Is it too late?

One thing that I have always found surprising, is that emotionally, Kate hasn't felt the need to go back to the home in England, if just for an afternoon, to be in Madeleine's room, lay in her bed, be amongst her special things and that happy time together. I would really need that.

Kind of off-topic, where's colomom been?

ETA, forget that, she posted yesterday. I remember her sweet post too.

I thought this was interesting... Brian - the dream guy.. has posted a note on his site to "Robert"... follow the link and scroll to the very bottom. The "Robert" is RM who he mentions earlier in the post that he now thinks he is involved..
Interesting the way it reads...

http://.com/dd/5441%20page%202.htm

I don't put much into psychics. Another thread I post at has one named Matt who is convinced the people who took Madeleine did so for humane reasons, have been sailing around the Mediterranean with her and said she was in Malta but isn't anymore. Her captors will suposedly "return" her to her family later this year.
Another, named "The Rev" says she's still in Portugal in a city with ancient Roman ruins in an abandoned building and are waiting for someone from the McCann family to contact them.
It's all too jumbled together to make sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels