Madeleine McCann DNA accurate match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not likely, shaking hands with a stranger and then leaving DNA. Most DNA at crime scenes is in the form of bodily fluids such as semen or blood.

Where did the original DNA sample came from ? How can you have a 100% match to a sample from something other than the actual person ?

Would it not be highly likely that the entire family has similar DNA ?

Where did the original DNA sample came from ? How can you have a 100% match to a sample from something other than the actual person ?

Would it not be highly likely that the entire family has similar DNA ?
Im pretty sure that noone has the exact same DNA, just like noone has the exact same fingerprints.

Not likely, shaking hands with a stranger and then leaving DNA. Most DNA at crime scenes is in the form of bodily fluids such as semen or blood.

and also skin fragments - I heard it today on the radio that we are talking about tiny DNA fragments - down to almost single cells .

this could easily come from transference through clothes etc

I will repeat myself - if the body had been in that trunk then there would have been a mass of DNA - this is not what I have been led to believe they found

Here is another report on the evidence.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/news/thenews.html?in_page_id=1770

Substantial quantities of Madeleine McCann's hair were found in the boot of her parents' hire car, it's been revealed today. Investigators are convinced so much hair was found that her body must have been stored in the vehicle, which was hired more than three weeks after she disappeared.

I can understand a hair or two remaining on items the McCann's owned but substantial quantities? Unless Madeline had a hairbrush the McCann's carried with them.

I'm really confused on which of all the reports are true.

I am also confused on the reports ... who/what is reporting factual information. I agree that each person has an individual DNA. I just wonder what they used to obtain the main DNA sample used for comparison.

and also skin fragments - I heard it today on the radio that we are talking about tiny DNA fragments - down to almost single cells .

this could easily come from transference through clothes etc

I will repeat myself - if the body had been in that trunk then there would have been a mass of DNA - this is not what I have been led to believe they found

I heard this a couple of days ago. There would be masses of DNA, particularly from a body that had been dead for 3 weeks.

I don't believe she was stored in the car way too risky, i think she was in it for a brief periodwhile the body was moved before dinner not 25 days later. One of the Tapas 9 had that car so either Gerry borrowed it or the other guy drove the body away.
If the body in a state of decomposition was in the car 25 days later it would have had to be tightly packaged in bin liner or something & less chance of loads of hairs there I think.

I don't believe she was stored in the car way too risky, i think she was in it for a brief periodwhile the body was moved before dinner not 25 days later. One of the Tapas 9 had that car so either Gerry borrowed it or the other guy drove the body away.
If the body in a state of decomposition was in the car 25 days later it would have had to be tightly packaged in bin liner or something & less chance of loads of hairs there I think.

It has already been established that maddeline was seem alive at about 7.00pm that evening by others in the group ( unless you go with the theory that the whole group are part of it )

That would have given the Mcaans 45 minutes to an hour to kill Maddeline - get the body out of the flat and into the friends car , dispose of the body so well that it is still missing , get back to dinner and then carry on as normal until they found her " missing " at about ten .

doesnt seem possible to me

It has already been established that maddeline was seem alive at about 7.00pm that evening by others in the group ( unless you go with the theory that the whole group are part of it )

That would have given the Mcaans 45 minutes to an hour to kill Maddeline - get the body out of the flat and into the friends car , dispose of the body so well that it is still missing , get back to dinner and then carry on as normal until they found her " missing " at about ten .

doesnt seem possible to me

Wouldn't be hard at all to kill and hide a body in a temporary location in 45 -minute time frame; and, besides, this is only one of a hundred possible scenarios.

Not getting the 'evidence' -- how can you tell if DNA from hair is from a live or dead body??? I thought hair was 'dead' on the living??

Can't you test hair for drugs?

Good thinking, Jdee!
You've probably predicted some analytical reports that will be forthcoming; hair analysis.

Great post, Jdee.

Thanks! ;)

I watch WAY too much of Court TV and seen where they have studied the hair and found where this spouse or that spouse was poisened with Arsnec, but didn't know if it would work with sleeping drugs.

I just want to throw out there that if the woman isn't the one with the fertility problems but is undergoing IVF, it's still possible for her to get pregnant the old fashioned way if she had another partner.:angel:

Yes, and that chance would increase if she was a swingin' kinda mama with many partners...but I'm just sayin'...:silenced:

Personally, I can't account for the DNA being all weird in the testing, but this is one area where I'm on the McCanns' side: To me, Maddie looked like Gerry and Kate both...I think she's Gerry's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph