Malaysia airlines 370 with 239 people on board, 8 March 2014 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks... I realize that, even if those in the article mentioned agree now (not sure if they do) are those you mention using all the data from the start, when the plan took off through to the big turn south? Probably my lack of knowledge, but it the entire trip that doesn't seem to be explained not just the southern arc?

I'm probably the only person here who is still not buying these claims:

1. the captain did it
2. all the passengers were knocked out (that I can buy)
3. it flew on autopilot for most of the journey

What I might be able to buy is that the captain had a gun at his head and somehow was able to over power that person and set an autopilot course onto the Southern arc before passing out/dying himself because he knew the plane had to crash somewhere and there was nothing else he could do in the time left... IDK. A suicide/homicide mission makes absolutely NO sense to me. And, I still have other questions, but oh well.

I think the search team, in releasing the Definition of Underwater Search Area report, is trying not to overstep into the investigative side of this case, which lies in the hands of the Malaysians, as they try to come up with assumptions to define the search zones in the southern arc.

I haven't read that the independent scientists debated the first turn, the flying back over Malaysia or the turn north along the Strait of Malacca. but I could be wrong and may head over to the Duncan Steel site again for a refresher.

I believe (but could be mistaken) the independent scientists focused only on the Inmarsat data that was released not long ago and which final path the plane took, the northern route or the southern.

Thanks... I realize that, even if those in the article mentioned agree now (not sure if they do) are those you mention using all the data from the start, when the plan took off through to the big turn south? Probably my lack of knowledge, but it the entire trip that doesn't seem to be explained not just the southern arc?

I'm probably the only person here who is still not buying these claims:

1. the captain did it
2. all the passengers were knocked out (that I can buy)
3. it flew on autopilot for most of the journey

What I might be able to buy is that the captain had a gun at his head and somehow was able to over power that person and set an autopilot course onto the Southern arc before passing out/dying himself because he knew the plane had to crash somewhere and there was nothing else he could do in the time left... IDK. A suicide/homicide mission makes absolutely NO sense to me. And, I still have other questions, but oh well.
ITA. I haven't posted, or even read on here, in a long time. I see news articles that announce new info offering hope that they are close to locating the plane. Before I'm able to get caught up on other things (including other threads on WS), there is always an update saying "Oh, never mind" or something to that effect. :banghead:

It's so maddening! :maddening: I can't begin to imagine how frustrating this is to the family members of passengers and crew. I'm also convinced that the pilot and co-pilot are completely innocent of any wrongdoing. I think whatever happened -- whether a mechanical malfunction, fire or a hijacking, the crew did everything in their power to get the plane to safety, but weren't able to. I want this solved so that family members can have some closure, but also that the pilot and co-pilot can be cleared!

Here is the transcript,(haven't been able to locate the video but I did watch it on television) of the MH370 Search Area Announcement press conference

http://www.jacc.gov.au/media/interviews/2014/june/tr014.aspx TRANSCRIPT

MH370 Search Area Announcement

Here is a video of the press conference, or the first 17mins of it, could not find the entire PC either.

http://www.veooz.com/videos/AHHv4MF.html

#MH370 press conference by Australian Deputy Prime Minister 26 june 2014: via @YouTubehttp://youtu.be/G97RCynAzxM

After listening to that part of the press conference ... there are several ways to put a plane on Auto Pilot headings. It could have been as simple as programming 'magnetic south' or 'due south' .. it does not have to have specific waypoints or a specific route programmed into it. Or that is the way that I understood what was said, anyway.

After listening to that part of the press conference ... there are several ways to put a plane on Auto Pilot headings. It could have been as simple as programming 'magnetic south' or 'due south' .. it does not have to have specific waypoints or a specific route programmed into it. Or that is the way that I understood what was said, anyway.

when I was reading the pilot forum the other day a poster was posting about the plane heading a path towards magnetic south and said the plane could have flown even further south

That is interesting about Norway because 18:39 is when the plane
would have been further north around the Adaman Islands.

Doesn't that indicate that if the plane had taken the northern arc
then the 23:13 call would have also been from the Norway station ???

Since the 23:13 call came from the Perth station,
does that indicate that the plane took the southern arc ???

That's what it looks like to me.

Please do not post and discuss information that has come from comments on blogs. They are considered rumors.

ITA. I haven't posted, or even read on here, in a long time. I see news articles that announce new info offering hope that they are close to locating the plane. Before I'm able to get caught up on other things (including other threads on WS), there is always an update saying "Oh, never mind" or something to that effect. :banghead:

It's so maddening! :maddening: I can't begin to imagine how frustrating this is to the family members of passengers and crew. I'm also convinced that the pilot and co-pilot are completely innocent of any wrongdoing. I think whatever happened -- whether a mechanical malfunction, fire or a hijacking, the crew did everything in their power to get the plane to safety, but weren't able to. I want this solved so that family members can have some closure, but also that the pilot and co-pilot can be cleared!

Since Day 1, the Captain Shah and now FO Fariq never ever felt to me as being the root of 370 dissappearing into thin air. Same with Iranians.

The plane photo they had on that article was misleading because this aircraft was not a
commercial jet. This missing plane was only a 4 seater & only had the pilot on board.

It took off from Kano in northern Nigeria at 6pm on Monday.
It's last contact was with an air traffic control tower in Mongo, Cameroon &
it went missing in Cameroon air space ... so Nigeria cannot do any investigation.

Cameroon search and rescue operations have not yet found anything.
I don't think this disappearance will be similar to MH370.

Victims in Malaysian Air crash likely died of suffocation, report says

The 239 passengers and crew on missing Malaysia Airlines flight 370 likely died from suffocation and coasted into the ocean on autopilot, a new report says.

Australian investigators revealed details of the 55-page report Thursday, suggesting that the Boeing 777 probably ran out of oxygen, causing all onboard to suffer from fatal hypoxia, Reuters reported.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/0...ed-suffocation-report-says/?intcmp=latestnews

BUT, this is all assumptions, specualtion and theories. There is no physical evidence to suggest that the crew was unresponsive.
Everyone is assuming one thing or another. Until we find the plane and pull the data recorders and perform an autopsy no one can say the "cause of death has been pinpointed" (according to yahoo news) as it stated in the article I linked.

You are right … no-one can assume how anyone died. MSM is going off-track, and making their own assumptions. :sigh:

The report says nothing about how anyone died – especially the passengers. All it says is that the behaviour of the plane best fits with an “unresponsive crew/hypoxia event” with the evidence that is available to them.

Out of a 55-page report, MSM have picked this one lone sentence to expand and run with ….
"Given these observations, the final stages of the unresponsive crew/ hypoxia event type appeared to best fit the available evidence for the final period of MH370’s flight when it was heading in a generally southerly direction"

The report clearly and bolded says that they have made certain assumptions based on the plane’s behaviour in order to try to pinpoint a search area … that it has nothing to do with the investigation or the investigators .. that it is only for search purposes.

You are right … no-one can assume how anyone died. MSM is going off-track, and making their own assumptions. :sigh:

The report says nothing about how anyone died – especially the passengers. All it says is that the behaviour of the plane best fits with an “unresponsive crew/hypoxia event” with the evidence that is available to them.

Out of a 55-page report, MSM have picked this one lone sentence to expand and run with ….
"Given these observations, the final stages of the unresponsive crew/ hypoxia event type appeared to best fit the available evidence for the final period of MH370’s flight when it was heading in a generally southerly direction"

The report clearly and bolded says that they have made certain assumptions based on the plane’s behaviour in order to try to pinpoint a search area … that it has nothing to do with the investigation or the investigators .. that it is only for search purposes.

:ditto: and :goodpost:

Doesn't anyone ever use flight tracker.. It shows where the plane is and everything..
I am joking of course.

When investigating any case, there are only assumptions and logical theories to go on until you have evidence to support those theories. In this instance, the only evidence they do have points to hypoxia and unresponsive crew as the logical conclusion stated by the report. This would also go toward the logical conclusion they were all dead within a short time of hypoxia. Why is it people are having a difficult time with this assumption or theory? MSM didn't make it up and they are correct to report it as a valid theory.

why is WS and this thread being mentioned repeatedly on another forum that is also discussing the missing plane? am finding that a bit odd...

also, please if you are going to advertise WS elsewhere, be polite and respectful to the posters there: how one posts after mentioning a connection here, does reflect on this community -- good or bad.

thanks.

Victims in Malaysian Air crash likely died of suffocation, report says

The 239 passengers and crew on missing Malaysia Airlines flight 370 likely died from suffocation and coasted into the ocean on autopilot, a new report says.

Australian investigators revealed details of the 55-page report Thursday, suggesting that the Boeing 777 probably ran out of oxygen, causing all onboard to suffer from fatal hypoxia, Reuters reported.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/0...ed-suffocation-report-says/?intcmp=latestnews

This has been my initial thought all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven