Malaysia airlines MH370 with 239 people on board, 8 March 2014 #26

I followed this case for a long time when it went missing. I was a junky for all the coverage. I still think the most likely scenario is the pilot hijacking it and flying into the Indian Ocean. I'd like to see it found, but without some really good idea where to look, I just don't see that further searches are reasonable. I worry that maritime tech firms and oceanographers are just using this case as an excuse to get their researched funded.

I think he wanted to succeed, and to succeed, the plane had to disappear for a few hours and it be not noticed or caught. In this case, yes, you disappear quietly. Most people in Malaysia of 2014, knowing that Shah was at Ibrahim’s process on March 7 and the plane disappeared on March 8, probably, understood. Then-Malaysian government was not interested in revealing the connection because it would draw the world’s attention to their inhumane dealing with the opposition. Ibrahim, currently a PM, never approved of political extremism, rather, the total opposite. (He was tortured and beaten up in prison, had to undergo a surgery in Germany afterwards, so arrest was not an easy time for him.)

Most important - if till now no one can find the plane or the black box, it became a mystery and every year we have the same discussions, doesn’t it mean that in a way, Shah succeeded? I would not ever think of protesting at the cost of 227 lives, but interestingly, Shah may have not been alone. Let me find that article.
But wouldn't it make more sense to leave a note or something, somewhere where someone would find it, or mail it to... someone.. while still keeping everything quiet until it was done?

But wouldn't it make more sense to leave a note or something, somewhere where someone would find it, or mail it to... someone.. while still keeping everything quiet until it was done?
It might make sense to a sane/rational person. But we don't know what person with a broken mind may do. It doesn't make sense to kill 200+ innocent people, so why would we expect such a person to tell us why?

Could be one of his family members (or coworkers, who fervently support him) found a letter and discarded it. Just a thought.

I think the debris found so far tells exactly what happened. I've read a lot of theories since debris started being found that completely ignore the debris. So completely, it's ludicrous.

Ocean currents brought that debris to the West/Northwest of the crash site in a very remote area of the Southern Indian Ocean off the coast of Australia.

We still don't have the tech to properly explore this area of ocean, especially its depths. Can't find anything if you can't have a proper look.

Any theory that ignores the found debris & the physics of how it drifted there is worthless IMO.

I think the pilot most likely took everyone out on a personal suicide mission. He had control of the plane & a mayday was never called.

IIRC, he locked out the co-pilot from the cabin (perhaps this is just speculation).

To me, it's not a mystery. It's just very unfortunate so much time has passed & still we have no tech to explore the ocean depths to find anything that might be there.

At this point, I'm not certain the kind of proof that would satisfy the families of those lost still even exists. The ocean - the 2nd greatest enemy of finding the truth other than the pilot - has won. Nature does that sometimes.

Too many lives were lost that night, may they rest in peace.
JMO
I was with you until I saw the Netflix Series, now I am more confused about what really happened to MH370 than ever.

The Netflix series mentioned Russia has a history of controlling the outcome of investigations by planting evidence. JMO, IMO, I think it is plausible that the MH370 debris was actually from MH17. Both were 777-200 airplanes. I haven't seen anything that specifically identifies serial numbers tying the debris recovered directly to MH370...the reports are of part number consistent with a 777-200.

I admit I was a bit disturbed when the Netflix Series left me thinking the US Gov. MAY HAVE shot down MH370 to prevent some critical cargo from getting in the hands of China. I do not want to believe it. JMO, IMO - I think somehow Russia is involved as it is too coincidental that both were Malaysian Airlines 777-200's - four month apart.

I was with you until I saw the Netflix Series, now I am more confused about what really happened to MH370 than ever.

The Netflix series mentioned Russia has a history of controlling the outcome of investigations by planting evidence. JMO, IMO, I think it is plausible that the MH370 debris was actually from MH17. Both were 777-200 airplanes. I haven't seen anything that specifically identifies serial numbers tying the debris recovered directly to MH370...the reports are of part number consistent with a 777-200.

I admit I was a bit disturbed when the Netflix Series left me thinking the US Gov. MAY HAVE shot down MH370 to prevent some critical cargo from getting in the hands of China. I do not want to believe it. JMO, IMO - I think somehow Russia is involved as it is too coincidental that both were Malaysian Airlines 777-200's - four month apart.
I don't have Netflix but it sounds like the series brings up some legit points & info. How would MH17 parts end up in the far away ocean where these aircraft pieces were found? It was shot down over land. Finding evidence is one thing, spouting conspiracy theories is another. I'm skeptical but open to logic and facts that fit.
JMO

I don't have Netflix but it sounds like the series brings up some legit points & info. How would MH17 parts end up in the far away ocean where these aircraft pieces were found? It was shot down over land. Finding evidence is one thing, spouting conspiracy theories is another. I'm skeptical but open to logic and facts that fit.
JMO
I definitely am not trying to spread conspiracy theories and I admit I have no proof or evidence. So, I went back out to MSM to see what I could find about serial numbers....and.....I did find this article that confirms the flaperon found in 2015 had a partial serial number consistent with MH370:

So, I withdrawal my comment about it might have come from MH17. However, I still think it is plausible that Russia is involved. The Netflix Series suggests that most, if not all, of the MH370 debris was found by a single person with ties to Russia (I had not heard that prior to watching Netfix). He was traveling all over looking for MH370 debris (I can't remember if Netflix mentioned who was funding all those trips....maybe he was loaded). IF the theory about Kazakhstan is true, the recovered debris could have been dropped in the middle of the Indian Ocean by Russia. I "think" that was one of the theories Netflix was presenting with the inclusion of this MH370 debris hunter and the mention of Russia's history of controlling investigations.....my question is why? Are we back to the cargo? Hmmmm, plausible, maybe not probable.

Now, with that said.....I do think the most probable theory presented seems to be the pilot because humans can be very unpredictable and show no signs. Also, Mr Wise's doubts about this theory were weak IMO.

I definitely am not trying to spread conspiracy theories and I admit I have no proof or evidence. So, I went back out to MSM to see what I could find about serial numbers....and.....I did find this article that confirms the flaperon found in 2015 had a partial serial number consistent with MH370:

So, I withdrawal my comment about it might have come from MH17. However, I still think it is plausible that Russia is involved. The Netflix Series suggests that most, if not all, of the MH370 debris was found by a single person with ties to Russia (I had not heard that prior to watching Netfix). He was traveling all over looking for MH370 debris (I can't remember if Netflix mentioned who was funding all those trips....maybe he was loaded). IF the theory about Kazakhstan is true, the recovered debris could have been dropped in the middle of the Indian Ocean by Russia. I "think" that was one of the theories Netflix was presenting with the inclusion of this MH370 debris hunter and the mention of Russia's history of controlling investigations.....my question is why? Are we back to the cargo? Hmmmm, plausible, maybe not probable.

Now, with that said.....I do think the most probable theory presented seems to be the pilot because humans can be very unpredictable and show no signs. Also, Mr Wise's doubts about this theory were weak IMO.
Don't the last "handshakes" from data indicate the plane was in the mid/south Indian ocean?

I recently stumbled across a post on Reddit about this flight, and got really sucked in. I had just had my daughter at the time this happened, so it wasn’t really on my radar. I am going to watch the docuseries series tonight.

Before I do, I must say… I cannot be convinced that the pilot of flight 370 crashed the plane into the Indian Ocean. There is zero motive, and if we are to believe he was depressed and suicidal, even if he planned to kill himself, what would be the point of flying for 7 hours to do so? Is there anything substantial supporting this theory- other than the contradictory flight simulation coordinates?

It looks 100% like this plane crash landed or was shot down over the isolate North Sentinel Island in the Bay of Bengal

Attachments

• MH370_initial_search_Southeast_Asia.svg.png
    MH370_initial_search_Southeast_Asia.svg.png
    287.7 KB · Views: 30
  • NSL.png
    NSL.png
    667.3 KB · Views: 31
  • MODIS.March_.10.MH370-1.png
    MODIS.March_.10.MH370-1.png
    329.4 KB · Views: 26
  • uozbzj8mor311.jpg
    uozbzj8mor311.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 31

Shah was a complex person. Divorced but living under the same roof with his wife. Drinking, in a Muslim country. Obsessed with politics. Seemingly attached to his children.

Now, to understand, the whole country was watching Ibrahim’s process. His party was more liberal and anti-corruption, and was the hope for the country. Now, the fact that his Ibrahim’s personal life was the reason to crush and imprison him was probably disappointing for many progressives.

The way I imagine it, Shah was watching the process and after Ibrahim was arrested, Shah left the court. Feeling angry, disappointed, devastated, maybe? Crashing the plane could have been the protest, and a very impulsive one. (What can I do? What do I have? Nothing, only my aeroplane). To add to it, legally, nothing has been proven. It is just one version. A note would have confirmed Shah’s guilt and affected his wife and kids.

Last edited:

IMHO, the debris part makes little sense. I watched MH17 story. That it was hit accidentally, being confused with Ukrainian cargo plane, is very possible. That morning, Igor Girkin (Strelkov), the commander of Donetsk Republik militant group, posted the photo of “the Ukrainian plane being hit…because one doesn’t fly in our sky” in his VKontakte page. Wikipedia has the whole page about him, and this episode finished his career. Also, the Dutch investigators saw the remainder of M17 plane.

'New evidence' suggests location of MH370 aircraft missing since 2014 has been found

Richard Godfrey, Dr Hannes Coetzee, and Professor Simon Maskell hope to change that as they've come forward with new research released on Wednesday (31 August) in a 299-page report.

They claim their 'ground-breaking' amateur radio technology, or weak signal propagation reporter (WSPR) has led them to believe the wreckage of the doomed plane should be searched for 1560km west of Perth, Australia.

The researchers explained that when a plane flies through WSPR it disturbs the signal and that information is stored in an international database that they were able to access.

They found 125 of these blips in the amateur radio technology that enabled them to track the flight path of MH370 for six hours after it fell off the radar and stopped radio contact (at around 6pm).

This new information, when combined with satellite data from Boeing and Inmarsat and drift analysis data, leads the team to believe they've triangulated the crash site.

“This technology has been developed over the past three years and the results represent credible new evidence," their report reads.

It continued: “Around 10 million commercial passengers fly every day and the safety of the airline industry relies on finding the cause of this and every other aircraft accident.”
And their guesses support existing evidence: “It aligns with analyses by Boeing (...) and drift analyses by University of Western Australia of debris recovered around the Indian Ocean.”
The new case study was released this week. Credit: Godfrey, Coetzee and Maskell

It continued: “Around 10 million commercial passengers fly every day and the safety of the airline industry relies on finding the cause of this and every other aircraft accident.”
This is exactly why I think the pilot flew over water for 7 hours before crashing the plane in a mass murder - suicide, leaving the wreckage to be lost and unrecoverable.

Plane crashes are terrifying to the public, and even more so when they cannot be later studied and explained. The mystery of MH370 draws upon a potential passenger’s biggest fears - that planes can inexplicably fall out of the sky and crash.

Shah was a terrorist, IMO.

'New evidence' suggests location of MH370 aircraft missing since 2014 has been found'New evidence' suggests location of MH370 aircraft missing since 2014 has been found

Richard Godfrey, Dr Hannes Coetzee, and Professor Simon Maskell hope to change that as they've come forward with new research released on Wednesday (31 August) in a 299-page report.

They claim their 'ground-breaking' amateur radio technology, or weak signal propagation reporter (WSPR) has led them to believe the wreckage of the doomed plane should be searched for 1560km west of Perth, Australia.

The researchers explained that when a plane flies through WSPR it disturbs the signal and that information is stored in an international database that they were able to access.

They found 125 of these blips in the amateur radio technology that enabled them to track the flight path of MH370 for six hours after it fell off the radar and stopped radio contact (at around 6pm).

This new information, when combined with satellite data from Boeing and Inmarsat and drift analysis data, leads the team to believe they've triangulated the crash site.

“This technology has been developed over the past three years and the results represent credible new evidence," their report reads.

And their guesses support existing evidence: “It aligns with analyses by Boeing (...) and drift analyses by University of Western Australia of debris recovered around the Indian Ocean.”
The new case study was released this week. Credit: Godfrey, Coetzee and Maskell

If proven to be accurate, this would be amazing.

I just watched the Netflix series after being obsessed with this plane's disappearance back when it first happened. These families need answers as to what happened to their loved ones and why.

MOO

rbbm
“Flight MH370 was diverted into the Indian Ocean where it crashed of fuel exhaustion… at some point after the last signal after midnight.”

Geoffrey Thomas, Airline Ratings Editor spoke to Australian radio station 6PR, explaining that the research used technology and “complex mathematics”.

“Amateur radio operators, when they turn their sets on, their signals go around the world; those signals have been stored since 2009, and it’s possible to track an airplane by the disturbance it makes when it goes through those radio waves,” Thomas said.

“They've been able to go back in time to 2014, March 8, from the last known position of MH370, and through some very, very complex mathematics and science they are able to recreate the flight path of the aircraft and come to a position which is 1500 kilometres west of Perth in an area which has been partially searched before but about half of it has not.”

Thomas said that based on previous aircraft failures, should MH370 be found, the airplane will remain in its place.
“I believe, from past cases, they'll leave it where it is. It would be very difficult to get it off the ocean.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back