MD MD - Jonathan Luna, 38, Baltimore, 4 December 2003

This one is something else! Hatred doensn't describe this. He did something way bad to someone.

Authorities working to solve the mysterious slaying of a Baltimore federal prosecutor are examining his personal relationships with women and possible financial and work-related problems, a law enforcement official said yesterday.
http://www.sunspot.net/news/local/bal-te.md.luna09dec09,0,7717163.story?coll=bal-local-headlines

Maryland federal prosecutor Jonathan Luna withdrew $200 from an ATM in Delaware in the hours before he was dumped in a creek to drown after a vicious knife attack, sources close to the investigation told CNN
http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/12/09/prosecutor.slaying/index.html

There was no indication that a federal prosecutor was restrained or tied up when he was stabbed 36 times and left to drown in a Pennsylvania creek, a doctor who examined him said Tuesday.
http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/103-12092003-210331.html

The reports say he was kneed or kicked in the genitals - there was microscopic bleeding there.

Off the top of my head - the $200 withdrawl, the multiple stab wounds, the knee in the balls, the out of the way place, everything seemingly happening in the car, no duress, Luna travelling alone...

It all adds up to this, IMO...he got some cash and picked up a hooker. For whatever reason, things got ugly and the hooker or her pimp killed him.

Originally posted by gsquared
The reports say he was kneed or kicked in the genitals - there was microscopic bleeding there.

Off the top of my head - the $200 withdrawl, the multiple stab wounds, the knee in the balls, the out of the way place, everything seemingly happening in the car, no duress, Luna travelling alone...

It all adds up to this, IMO...he got some cash and picked up a hooker. For whatever reason, things got ugly and the hooker or her pimp killed him.

The coroner didn't mention injury to the genitals.
(doesn't mean it's not true, just not mentioned)

"Dr. Barry Walp, the Lancaster County coroner, said all of Assistant U.S. Attorney Jonathan Luna's stab wounds were his neck and the front of his chest, including several deep neck wounds that caused internal bleeding."

"Police found Luna fully dressed, including a suit jacket
and overcoat. The only things in Luna's pockets were a
few loose bills, Walp said."

It's hard to believe that he drove 2 1/2 hours
(an indirect route) just to pick up a hooker.
Surely they are in supply much closer to home.

Just my humble opinion

New Info on Luna-
He bought gas for 2 cars at the Sunoco station in
King of Prussia!!!
Hopefully they will have some info soon on that
2nd car!
Maybe this is why he went out of his way on this
trip because he met up with someone there.
Elsewhere I read that after his body was found,
someone used his credit card in King of Prussia.
Maybe that was the same person whose car he
bought gas for earlier?????
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted on Wed, Dec. 10, 2003

Probe in death of prosecutor returns to Montco area
By Oliver Prichard and Jeff Shields
Inquirer Staff Writers

Less than three hours before his death in central Pennsylvania, federal prosecutor Jonathan P. Luna stopped at a King of Prussia service station to buy gas for his car and a second vehicle, according to a station attendant.

Luna, 38, of Elkridge, Md., was found about 5:30 a.m. Thursday in rural Brecknock Township, stabbed 36 times and drowned in an icy creek. His bloodstained Honda Accord was idling nearby.

Investigators have zeroed in on a Sunoco service station at the King of Prussia service plaza off the Pennsylvania Turnpike.

An attendant at the station, Moustapha Balde, said late last night that Luna seemed calm as he bought gas shortly after 3 a.m. the day he was killed.

Later, Balde said, after FBI agents had visited the station, it became clear from sales records that Luna had used his credit card to pay at the pump for his car and also a second vehicle.

Still believe Luna could have been set up by the person he was meeting. Perhaps, they were headed to their 'usual' spot and her boyfriend/husband and his friends were laying in wait until they arrived....You know the rest of the story. ....Maybe, if this is the case...she will eventually come forward...

Slain Prosecutor Struggled Before Death

Friday, December 12, 2003

BALTIMORE — Jonathan Luna (search) did not go down without a fight. That's what law enforcement officials were saying after they discovered blood from a second person in the car of the assistant U.S. attorney, whose body was found in a creek in rural Lancaster County, Pa., last week.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds like good news that they have evidence of
blood from a second person in Luna's car!

Now we just need a suspect to match it to.

I don't what to make of this case. He bought gas for his killer willingly? That means he knew and trusted the person, and for some reason, they got into an argument that led to his murder. Were they lovers on their way to a rendevous, and maybe the woman became angry that he hadn't left his wife or something? Or maybe it was a man in the other car, and Luna was involved in something illegal, and his "partner" killed him? Or maybe Luna had done something in the past and was being blackmailed.

Originally posted by gsquared
Here is the Post's coverage of Jonathan Luna's funeral:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A3013-2003Dec15.html

Has anyone seen a picture of his wife, Angela or
heard any comments made by her?
I notice that in the Washington Post picture of the
mourners there are no women shown.
Can we assume she is a doctor since she was in
Medical School when they met?

gsquared, that must be somewhat of a difficult story to keep abreast of, in your occupation. Very scary people out there, yikes!

I believe I read his wife is an obstetrician. I haven't heard of any comments made publically by her or saw her picture either.

I have never seen a picture of the wife or kids in the paper, only a picture of Luna's father, I believe. They are probably requesting that such photos not be shown both for privacy and security reasons. Nobody knows yet exactly what happened to Luna or why.

Relating to the Luna case-
Tonight I heard just a snippit on NBC news that
a turnpike receipt at the Lancaster exit had blood
on it.
Anyone have any details on this?

I have not heard ONE PEEP on this case since the funeral. That itself is interesting.

I heard on TV that many of the stab wounds were in his genitals. I'm betting that this crime was sex related, and the perp was a male, not a female hooker. Perhaps male jilted lover or possibly male hooker, though woulnds sound like a crime of passion, so I'll lean toward Luna was living a double life - wife & kids, plus male lover on the side.

Stab wounds in the genitals? Yuck.

That could be and angry male lover or an angry female lover. Don't forget ... the Lorena Bobbit thing took place around here, in Prince William County, VA. Maybe he was seeng Lorena.

True gsquared, how could we forget Lorena Bobbit! But Lorena's husband was asleep at the time of her infamous incident. I just don't think a female could overpower him enough to do 36 stab wounds. It will be interesting to see what they uncover.

Originally posted by Pepper
I heard on TV that many of the stab wounds were in his genitals. I'm betting that this crime was sex related, and the perp was a male, not a female hooker. Perhaps male jilted lover or possibly male hooker, though woulnds sound like a crime of passion, so I'll lean toward Luna was living a double life - wife & kids, plus male lover on the side.

Pepper,

What you say you heard on TV is most surprising to me,
since the coroner only described stab wounds to the
neck and chest!

Have you seen this other info in print anywhere?

This is astounding that "stab wounds to the genitals"
was reported. Of course it could be true, who knows,
if it is further info leaked from the coroner's office.

But why issue the initial report that stab wounds were
only to the neck and chest?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn