GUILTY MD - Kami Ring, 10, raped & murdered, Port Deposit, 9 June 2013

As I was reading through this, I kept saying "Wait....what??"

I know not every parent (or grandparent) checks on their 10 yr old every night but to wait till around 11 am the next morning?
It took over 6 hours to find her when she was only about 60 yards away...I wonder if she was found in a densely wooded area, but from what I read, she was found in a field.
And they're mowing the tall grass? Am I just an idiot, or wouldn't that be pretty bad for preserving evidence? I'm not being sarcastic, I'm really wondering.

Rest in peace, Kami, you deserve a peace and happiness that this old world didn't give you :angel:

It doesn't seem like there was much of an effort to conceal her body. I have a feeling there is plenty of evidence available in the house.

Usually, there's more of an effort to conceal a body. The killer either didn't have access to a vehicle or simply knew that there was enough evidence in the house to make concealment pointless.

Kami Ring loved music – listening to it and particularly making it with her sweet voice.

“She loved to sing, especially Taylor Swift songs. She was always singing,” recalled Brittany Dotson, who interacted with the 10-year-old Charlestown girl almost every day since September as a counselor at the Boys & Girls Club.
Kami, who just completed fourth grade at Charlestown Elementary School last week, would remain at that school until about 6 p.m., Monday through Friday, and take part in the Boys & Girls Club program there with her half-brother, Joe, a third-grader, and half-sister, Lizzy, a second-grader, according to Dotson.

“She was such a loving, caring little girl. We never had a problem with her — ever,” Dotson said. “The only time she would ever get upset was when she was sticking up for her brother and sister.”

snipped

Elena Russo, MSP spokeswoman, confirmed that the window in the room Ring was believed to be staying in was found open by investigators.
“The window itself was open about 7 inches and the screen was popped out,” she said.
The investigation also involved police interviews with family members, including Kami's biological mother, who, according to relatives, lives in Cecil County and is married to the father of Kami's two younger siblings, Joe and Lizzy. Kami's biological father lives in California, those relatives said.

snipped

“Oh, God, please don't let it be her,” said Kami's aunt, Kellie Thomas, dropping to her knees in the parking lot of the North East barrack, where she and other relatives, including Kami's step-father, had come seeking more information.
Thomas, who lives near Port Deposit, said between tears, “She's such a good girl.”

Kami's mother had been there earlier, Thomas said, but had gone to the Waibel Road scene. The man identified as Kami's stepfather was also present at the barrack for a meeting with officials.

According to family members, the situation in which Kami considered the couple on Waibel Road to be her grandparents hinged on a mistaken belief that their son was her father. That man lives in Oregon, family members said.

More at the link

http://www.cecildaily.com/news/local_news/article_6dbd5020-d30c-11e2-93b7-0019bb2963f4.html

Joce Sterman ‏@jocefromABC2 9m

Madden's court record shows he was convicted of theft back in 2009...sentenced to 5 years. MSP says released in fall 2012

MSP says Richard Madden, Jr was taken in after substances found during search of home. But he also had retake warrant bc of parole.

@chrisfromabc2 Thanks! Going through LIST of his former attorneys now to see who represents him

Cecil County Detention Center confirms Richard Madden, Jr...who was charged with pot possession...is still in custody.

MSP tell me autopsy results and forensics from evidence collected in Kami Ring's case have not yet been returned.

Madden, 29 years old, lives at 176 Waibel Road...where Kami Ring had been staying with her "grandparents"

Court records show MSP is the agency behind the charges for Richard Madden, Jr

Interesting: man who lives in Waibel Rd house where 10yo Kami Ring was staying before her death, charged with mariujuana possession Tuesday

WHO believed this guy was Kami's father? Kami or the "grandparents?"
Why didn't somebody prove them wrong if it wasn't true?
That doesn't make any sense. :banghead:

WHO believed this guy was Kami's father? Kami or the "grandparents?"
Why didn't somebody prove them wrong if it wasn't true?
That doesn't make any sense. :banghead:

Actually, I was thinking this meant that Kami's mother thought that (at one time). Who knows really:blushing:

Court records show possession of marijuana charges have been filed against a man living in the home where Kami Ring was staying before her death. The 10-year-old Cecil County girl was briefly reported missing Monday before her body was found in a field across from the home.

According to court records, 29-year-old Richard Madden, Jr, was charged Tuesday after Maryland State Police detectives found the substance during a search of the home on the 100-block of Waibel Road in Port Deposit. Family members tell ABC2 Madden was living in the home where Ring had been staying with a couple she considered to be her grandparents. Madden, according to the family, was considered an "uncle" to Kami.

State Police say Madden is being held on a retake warrant related to conditions tied to his 2012 parole. Court records show Madden pleaded guilty to theft in 2009 and was sentenced to five years in prison. State police say he had been released in the fall of 2012.

Maryland State Police confirm they have a person of interest in custody in the Ring case, but would not confirm the person's identity.

http://www.abc2news.com/dpp/news/lo...taying-arrested-on-drug-charges#ixzz2W1ix5uor

As I was reading through this, I kept saying "Wait....what??"

I know not every parent (or grandparent) checks on their 10 yr old every night but to wait till around 11 am the next morning?
It took over 6 hours to find her when she was only about 60 yards away...I wonder if she was found in a densely wooded area, but from what I read, she was found in a field.
And they're mowing the tall grass? Am I just an idiot, or wouldn't that be pretty bad for preserving evidence? I'm not being sarcastic, I'm really wondering.

Rest in peace, Kami, you deserve a peace and happiness that this old world didn't give you :angel:

I don't think 11 am is so out of line. Its summer, they're sleeping in. I generally don't check on mine until around 10 am unless they have somewhere to be that day, like football camp.

There is no 176 Waibel listed on the SCAT Real Property site. News stories indicated they were in a double-wide trailer, so possibly the trailer was placed on property held by another homeowner. I sure hope this is the guy and they get all the info from him that they need to make an arrest and prosecute to the fullest extent of the law. Thanks to our Governor, we no longer have the death penality in MD.

article-2340528-1A48E7D7000005DC-444_634x380.jpg

article-2340528-1A48D1D9000005DC-178_634x403.jpg

Picture link http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-field-near-grandparents-home-man-shared.html

Actually, I was thinking this meant that Kami's mother thought that (at one time). Who knows really:blushing:

So like Kami developed a relationship with these people as her grandparents...
And then LATER it was proven that the guy wasn't her father but they still had a relationship with her?

THAT would make more sense. The way it was worded just didn't make it sound like that.

Christian Schaffer ‏@chrisfromabc2 37m

"As a community we'll never be over this tragedy" - Kami Ring's pastor pic.twitter.com/GSRFhwjPpY

At least 100 here at vigil for Kami Ring and they're still coming pic.twitter.com/qa3hpxuNu5

Detectives investigating the death of 10-year-old Kami Ring are here pic.twitter.com/SxBxEnArbs

Wider pic of preps for the vigil for Kami Ring pic.twitter.com/aWXyAwFu3n

Candles for the vigil pic.twitter.com/4sVOLCrgnh

Kami Ring lived in Charlestown; this is a pic of her visiting this park pic.twitter.com/j4fkXXZHMr

Nice setting for vigil for 10-year-old Kami Ring.. Long Point Park in Charlestown, on the Northeast River pic.twitter.com/QKTV2YlemE

I don't think 11 am is so out of line. Its summer, they're sleeping in. I generally don't check on mine until around 10 am unless they have somewhere to be that day, like football camp.

You're right, I wasn't thinking about it being summer.
What a beautiful little girl :cry:

From what I understand, LE is saying they have a POI, won't name this person, but doesn't it sound from everything we've read, it's pretty obvious, right?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa
Back