GUILTY MD - Kami Ring, 10, raped & murdered, Port Deposit, 9 June 2013

Omg-I'm thinking this shaved his pubes and clipped his nails before the assault?!

RIP sweet baby.

Either before or after... to remove any evidence left. He's one sick monster. Now he can shave them for Bubba in the Big House.

Of the awfulness of this.. the thing that strikes me right now is that Kami knew and trusted this who raped and murdered her. He was somebody she cared about.. and that betrayal is the last thing she experienced in her short life. Breaks my heart. I hope he meets Bubba, too. Then Mister Shiv, if the death penalty doesn't work out.

I can't get my head around all the 'family' stuff. What a tangle.

I don't know why Kami was allowed (or sent?) to live with this family who had no real family ties to her. Was she told that the older Maddens were her grandparents and Richard Madden was her uncle? Why? Something doesn't seem right about this arrangement. Why wasn't she tallowed to spend the summer living with her mother and step-father. She was cheated of a life that could have provided her with an exciting future. Kami was multi-talented, and who knows what a difference her chosen career may have had on the lives of others. I sincerely hope that Kami isn’t quickly forgotten. She truly was gone too soon. RIP sweetheart.

From what I read, it seems that she was going to stay there for a week, as a mini vacation after school was out for the summer.

Also, the "grandparents" were at one time thought to be true grandparents because the mother thought that their son was Kami's father. WHen it was found that was true, the relationship had already been built. The that did this is the "grandfather's" stepson, and no blood relation to the son that was thought to be Kami's father.

I imagine the "grandparents" feel horrible about this, and it seems from the newspaper article that they were making no excuses for their killer son.

Such a horrible, horrible tragedy. It breaks my heart.

Looks like the DA is seeking life without parole instead of the death penalty for Richard Madden, Jr. This article (dated July 25, 2013) says that, while no trial date has been set, jury selection is underway. I wonder what the status of the trial is now, four months later? I can't seem to find any other articles about this HORRIBLE crime.

http://perryville.patch.com/groups/...g-case-against-kami-ring-rape-suspect-dropped

http://www.cecildaily.com/news/local_news/article_997b9e99-f95e-5057-ab76-b0cc90835225.html

A man accused of raping and murdering a 10-year-old girl near Port Deposit last June told investigators he would never harm her, according to a recorded police interview played in court last week... While that interview was taking place, a team of law enforcement officers was searching for Kami – not knowing if she was dead or alive...

His jury trial was scheduled to start last month. But in late September Madden entered a “not criminally responsible” plea – commonly called an “insanity plea.” His jury trial was reset to start on April 21. The trial is expected to last nine days.

September 2015:

A man accused of raping and murdering 10-year-old Kami Ring near Port Deposit is facing a 67-year prison term after accepting a plea deal Tuesday...

The defendant, Richard Eugene Madden Jr., 31, entered an Alford plea to first-degree murder on Tuesday as part of binding plea agreement amid the latest in a string of more than 15 pre-trial motions that have occurred in the past several months.

As part of the binding plea bargain, Cecil County Circuit Court Administrative Judge Keith A. Baynes will impose a life sentence on Madden and then suspend all but 67 years sentencing, which is scheduled for next month.

http://m.cecildaily.com/news/local_news/article_ce5a5c29-787b-501b-8f94-21ce25c3269c.html?mode=jqm

This scum bag was transferred out of Maryland and is being housed in a medium security prison in Massachusetts where he has access to roam the grounds numerous times per day. Plays on the baseball and football teams and is housed in a dorm like setting that has pool tables and rec rooms.

I really find it disgraceful that he murdered and raped this poor little girl and gets brought to a place like this. He should be locked up in a cell in a maximum security prison for a long time before anyone ever thought about stepping him down to a Medium Facility. Disgraceful.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back