MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel MJ told just enough of the truth to feel that he was telling the truth, but he left out enough of the truth to make what he said (on the Find PB site) worth next to nothing.

For LE to say publicly that people are cooperating and that MJ is not a suspect (but remains a POI) I find very interesting.

I am beginning to lean on the side that MJ is covering for someone else. Family before everything, and all that.

Because some of what MJ said, and then DB/KB said on the Peas interviews and other interviews, contradict each other, I wonder what LE knows... Who WAS LBC? Was he the same age as PB, or was he older and definitely not the same age? What are MJ, DB, and KB's definitions of "same age"???
Why was LBC staying there? Did he live there?
Why have things been mentioned, like the FB sleuthing, the drugs and alcohol, the people coming home before DB to find the door open and music playing, LBC staying the night, the sexual advance....and then dropped without any further dialogue? (as an aside, when I was writing all those pieces down, it is overwhelming that something bad happened)
And one of the biggest questions in my mind: WHY didn't KB swing by at 1:30 when PB didn't answer her phone? Why?

Why doesn't this case engender more people talking in the media about the confusing concerning twists? I know the family doesn't want the drama, but unfortunately the drama is what will get media coverage. Get out there and talk. Face the music and share what happened, share the mistakes, get people talking about PB again!!!

I don't think she is alive, especially if MJ is guilty...where would he be "holding" her for over two months? Where would any of these guys be holding her that Le has not been able to track down?

I agree that things just are not adding up. I keep going back to the 28th and back again with the tweets and comments I've reviewed from people involved.

When MJ told his side of the story on the Find PB group on FB (now removed), it almost appears to me that MJ was explaining to the group, the things that made him mad on that morning of the 28th. Except, he explained his side in a nice way to the group.

It almost appears as if MJ was being pushy and dictating on that day. MJ knew he wasn't suppose to be in that apt but his attitude says that he's gonna go to the apt anyway. Perfect time for get back/revenge. MJ states, "yea, I still do my laundry there". MJ automatically began focusing on PB. MJ was snooping around trying to see what PB was doing on the internet. MJ wanted to hear what PB was talking about on the phone.

MJ told the group on FB, that he saw PB on FB. If MJ didn't want anyone to know he was there at the apt, it would have made him mad to know what PB typed on her post. MJ told the group that he heard PB say to her sister on the phone (yea) he here, he doing laundry. This means that DB asked PB if MJ was over there. DB asked for a reason. I think DB saw what PB posted on FB. I also think that one of the brothers were online and saw what PB posted. PB's post alerted certain ppl. Why would they be so concerned of MJ being alone in the apt with PB? One of MJ's brothers began going crazy with his tweets not long (after) PB posted on FB and after DB found out MJ was at the apt.

I think DB and MJ got into an argument because of MJ being there at the apt. Perhaps at first, DB and PB talked about making hair app etc...but after DB and MJ fell out, things hit the fan right away. PB I'm certain was afraid. It seems like KB is more level headed and mature than DB. KB probably gets pulled into the middle of DB's and MJ's mess (often).

I think that KB got pulled into the argument between DB, PB and MJ. DB may have reached out to KB and ask KB to go and check on PB but KB probably thought or said that, why should she have to leave early from work way in DC to see about DB's issues when DB is right there in Bmore. Plus, that's DB's man and DB needs to handle him. This causes PB to be left hanging. KB chose not to get involved for her own personal reasons (not thinking this would happen). DB doesn't leave work for whatever reasons. Maybe afraid, maybe she couldn't leave or maybe DB was thinking the same as KB. Maybe DB didn't think MJ could do something that cruel.

I tell people ALL of the time to NEVER trust an extremist or a liar or a thief. You never know what they are capable of doing. At least 2 of the other brothers have transportation. One brother jumped in his vehicle right away after PB posted on FB. MJ dictated the whole entire day, which makes him the leader of the pack. No doubt! MJ dictated everything. jmo. I still believe that once MJ got PB out of the apt, he took PB somewhere that she encountered other ppl. MJ knew he wasn't going to be able to return PB and I don't think MJ is capable of doing his own dirty work. I read a comment on FB where a guy was basically calling MJ a coward. Perhaps the only people MJ attempt to intimidate are females and his younger brothers and LBC.

On the 28th of Dec, MJ was an extremist, a liar and a thief. That's real sad because MJ and family seem to be so much fun, kind of people but one should never trust sneaky people. jmo as I'm rushing through.

I don't think she is alive, especially if MJ is guilty...where would he be "holding" her for over two months? Where would any of these guys be holding her that Le has not been able to track down?

Each of the guys or ppl who took PB, have gone on with their lives as if it's nothing to them one way or the other. When this first happened, on FB, one of the brother's friend (female) asked the brother, are you gonna help them look? The brother said, I guess.

When you think about it, When MJ was in the Find PB FB group, he never had anything too nice to say about PB. MJ never stated that he and PB had happy talk. MJ stated that he and PB talked briefly about x-mas. That doesn't mean it was nice talk. He could have been fussing at PB for snitching on him, for trying to come on to her (as far as we know).

The only true emotions that the brothers showed was frustration due to the law bothering them. Not too much emotion about PB at all.

I'm afraid that if no one who knows what happened has felt the need to relieve their guilty conscious by now, they might never feel the need. Sooner or later, LE will be at a standstill with all of them and it will become, like so many other cases, one where LE has their POI's and can't do anything about it, i.e. Stacy Peterson. Meanwhile, the guilty will carry on with their lives. This doesn't seem like an option here.

I think it might take a little longer. I'm praying and I'm thinking that something will unfold or reveal itself. I'm going to remain confident; no matter the outcome. I believe and I'm very hopeful that someone (s) are going to serve time; rightfully so. Some of the ppl in this click are young. Some of the friends in this click are not completely close enough to be called 'family' or to truly be considered as family. One week they are close like family, calling one another sis and bruhva (brother), then 2 weeks later, they're mad at each other. (If), MJ is the number one POI but have not been given that title yet, He shouldn't have let anybody help him with anything! Someone is going to mess up and someone is going to have to talk. PB is worthy of that. Those Guardian Angels are serious too.

I was looking at the prayer page on FB for PB earlier and saw a post by PB family member, B. Bris. I believe the post is still there, it's a reply to a comment made by someone about making sure children are left with responsible family members.

To paraphrase:

B. Bris. says that "negative folks" don't know that PB was going to work with one of the sisters everyday, save for the day she disappeared.

On that day, Dec. 28, PB was tired and asked (db?) to stay home. The plan was that the other sister (kb?) would pick PB up @ 12:30-1:00PM.

B. Bris. asks who hasn't left a 16 year old home for 4 hours alone? "Let him be the one to cast the first stone."

B. Bris. denies that there are any irresponsible family members.

Also, B. Bris. posts on the prayer page that "our family is getting death threats!"

Posts seem to come and go on that page, but by all means take a look for yourself to verify. I also screen capped it.

I'm really scratching my head...:confused:

PB, where are you?!
We're praying and thinking of you everyday~

Is there a list somewhere of the tweets or fb posts of the crew that hung out with MJ? Are these people gang type people? I really dont get the impression that they are. I'd really be interested to read those and see if anything stands out. I still think that DB knows more than she is saying. I just keep going back to something happening before DB even left for work. If so, MJ would've gotten pulled into it if LBC was there. PB could've had alcohol poisoning, passed out and never woke up. If that is what happened, they may all have set up the texts, timeline for the 28th as a cover up. Just brainstorming again about possible scenarios. Continuing to pray for someone to come forward and put an end to the nightmare that JS is living right now.

There is no list of their post or comments, you have to go to each of their online accounts, the people that don't mind their pages to be open to the public. Although, some of them have a private account, they still may comment on someone's page who has an open wall/account for the public to view. There are many amazing pics of both families. Dec 28th should not have happened.

imo, I do not consider the crew to be a gang. My idea of a gang is when I was coming up and Crips and Bloods would beef. This crew is more like family members and some close friends. Can not remember seeing a lot of DB's and KB friends. DB and KB was of course friends with the brothers, which probably gave DB and KB the opportunity to meet MJ's family and friends.

I keep thinking about the alcohol poisoning and PB never wakes up but I would think the dogs would have picked up that type of scent in the apt. Unless, PB left out that late night of the 27th and went somewhere (with) someone, to go and visit someone who lives close by or perhaps in the building and maybe DB didn't mind b/c it was so close by. But that would make DB a liar big time and I can't see MJ taking so much heat for anyone. A lot of things make sense on the 28th as far as the wild tweets and post and DB didn't want MJ in the apt with PB for a reason imo. I think it is MJ who was spying on ppl that morning and that day. He is the abductor imo. MJ was parked somewhere waiting for DB to leave or knew DB's schedule very well. MJ did state that he knows DB's schedule very well. MJ was anxious to get to the apt to be alone with PB for whatever reason(s).

I think if it was a stranger, they would have to know the schedule, know the plans for that day and most likely would have taken PB closer to morning time around 9-ish when MJ said he first left. The first chance they can get; and when I describe that, it sounds almost identical to MJ's behavior that day.

Praying for a break soon enough.

MJ's story imo is very strange and makes no sense. If LBC was there when MJ got home, where does the loud music and unlocked/open door fit in? Is that how LBC allegedly found the apartment? And if so - wouldn't LBC call MJ to tell him something was amiss when he arrived at the apartment and no one returned within 5-10 min? I'd think most people upon arriving to an apartment they don't reside to find loud music, a door unlocked or open and none of the residents in sight would become concerned enough to try and contact one of the residents and if they couldn't reach one of the residents contact LE.

If LBC was not there when MJ arrived home and he found the door unlocked/open and no one returning within 5-10 minutes why didn't he contact DB immediately or start calling around to find out what occured.

MJ's story does NOT add up.

It doesn't add up that a hungry female teenage who had already showered, gotten dressed and had plans with a family member to go to sleep. I think MJ is completely FOS in this case, and I think if he is not responsible for PB's disappearance he knows exactly who is.

FWIW, I think MJ left the door unlocked and the music turned up in a poor attempt to stage the apartment.

JMO

I agree that this seems 'staged.' Even some of the communications seem phony. That 10 am to 1 pm seems very suspicious and might be the target time. Something bad happened during this window of time, imo.

Major red flags = MJ saying she went back to sleep. PB had showered, put on her brand new outfit, had been texting her sisters and was about to be picked up to eat and go shopping. NO WAY SHE WENT BACK TO SLEEP/ imo

My 18 yr old LOVES to sleep. On a free day she will sleep until noon at least- if she can. But once she showers and gets dressed and is hungry, no way is she getting back in bed, Especially if she were going shopping and getting her hair done or something fun like that. I don't believe MJ's story on that one bit. I think he was trying to explain away PB not answering her texts or calls.

I was looking at the prayer page on FB for PB earlier and saw a post by PB family member, B. Bris. I believe the post is still there, it's a reply to a comment made by someone about making sure children are left with responsible family members.

To paraphrase:

B. Bris. says that "negative folks" don't know that PB was going to work with one of the sisters everyday, save for the day she disappeared.

On that day, Dec. 28, PB was tired and asked (db?) to stay home. The plan was that the other sister (kb?) would pick PB up @ 12:30-1:00PM.

B. Bris. asks who hasn't left a 16 year old home for 4 hours alone? "Let him be the one to cast the first stone."

Also, B. Bris. posts on the prayer page that "our family is getting death threats!"

Posts seem to come and go on that page, but by all means take a look for yourself to verify. I also screen capped it.

PB, where are you?!

Sure, nothing wrong with leaving a 16 yr old 'home' alone during the day. The problem is that this wasn't her home so she had no control over who was coming or going.
Besides, it wasn't just 4 hours. It was was longer because neither of the sisters came back at lunch to check on her. That is really sad.

To paraphrase:

PB, where are you?!

Thanks for posting this Falconi. I'm not following the prayer page closely so don't know who or what family is posting there..... Unfortunately this happens in cases such as this. Phylicia's case is not as high profile as some, but has gotten enough media attention to generate anger and angry responses from people who will likely go with their first instinct and not pay close attention to the facts.

That they are getting death threats concerns me. They need to contact LE, and sadly, may need to take out restraining orders on any persons who are continuously harrasing this family. I wish that type of thing didn't happen in missing persons cases, but in some cases it does and people crawl out of the woodwork to harrass family of missing persons. I know the Barnes family is working with the PI as well as at least one family member of a missing person. They need to ask for and seek the guidance of these people (PI, guidance from other missing persons families) who are in the same unfortunate position and not focus on the negative comments. They need to inquire about the possibility of taking out restraining orders and filing charges against anyone behaving or directing illegal activity at this family.

Yes, 16 year olds are often left home for 4 hours or longer.... Sadly, yes, both DB and KB made some poor choices the day of PB's disappearance. Does it make them directly responsible for her being missing? Not imo, however the facts remain it is possible some of their actions contributed to the events and actions by the person responsible. Respectfully, imo, the Barnes family needs to focus on what is going to help on finding Phylicia and NOT the negative comments or opinions they may read somewhere. By responding to the negative, it only distracts from the purpose at hand - finding Phylicia - and invites additional dramatic negative comments.

:twocents: and jmo

There is no list of their post or comments, you have to go to each of their online accounts, the people that don't mind their pages to be open to the public. Although, some of them have a private account, they still may comment on someone's page who has an open wall/account for the public to view. There are many amazing pics of both families. Dec 28th should not have happened.

Respectfully snipped. Thank you investigate1. I would like to add, because no one has been named a POI or suspect in this case, we can't link to the social networking info here. I've/we've been given permission to sleuth discuss DB, KB and MJ - but not their family members. MJ because he is the last person to have seen PB.. The no sleuthing minors comes in with LBC because while he was there - to our knowledge he is a minor.

hth and if anyone has further questions, please continue to ask myself or another mod via pm.

Cubby

Sure, nothing wrong with leaving a 16 yr old 'home' alone during the day. The problem is that this wasn't her home so she had no control over who was coming or going.
Besides, it wasn't just 4 hours. It was was longer because neither of the sisters came back at lunch to check on her. That is really sad.

True and good points. I don't believe many people would come home at lunch to check on a 16 year old. At 16 many would be home, but home most likely alone and not permitted to have guests over or go anywhere without notifying a parent or family., so the fact that she was left alone in an apartment where others were coming and going was not the best choice. Though, in DB's defense, she likely didn't think of that - I don't know that anyone who is not yet a parent would. And I don't think she had any inclination MJ or any of the persons in her circle of friends were capable of harming PB. (If they are responsible, which I believe MJ and at least one of his family members are. have I said that enough? ;) )

I'm still baffled why no red flags or even yellow flags were raised when communication abrubtly ceased at the time DB had PB snooping on MJ's FB page. It just doesn't make sense it wouldn't occur to them an almost 17 year old excited about getting her hair done, going shopping looking for facial products online would suddenly go to sleep.

UNLESS DB had heard PB up much later than she should have been. I can't imagine DB was up too late having to work in the morning, but it is very likely if PB was up, DB was awakened a few times during the night by the activities of PB and LBC still awake. I'd imagine if DB was used to sleeping alone in the apartment, while MJ was at work (and I don't believe LBC lived their full time, he may have stayed occasionally) even slight noises woke her. So she could have thought, they woke me several times during the night and I stopped hearing them at whatever time in the wee hours of the morning, PB could have been tired......

I dunno, other than PB has been missing too long, and the known info surrounding her disappearance makes it incredibly unlikely she was disappeared by someone unknown to her.

JMO

Phylicia, where are you?

Oh how I wish you could pick people up like snow globes, shake them vigorously, and have the truth come sprinkling down in swirling clouds.

I have tried and tried to come up with a way that MJ and Co. are NOT involved. And I can't. It's too complicated, too convoluted.

For the umpteenth time, why didn't KB go by at 1:30?

To paraphrase:

PB, where are you?!

Thank you for mentioning this. I had missed it, and I watch the Prayer page pretty closely.
I was glad to see that the poster said the police were aware of what was going on. Still very worrisome.

The interesting thing in these comments was that PB was tired that morning, and didn't want to go to work. That would jive with doing something the night of the 27th that wasn't on the up and up, like drinking or smoking. If she wasn't feeling well, having over indulged the night before, she might be feeling bad enough to fall asleep again.
BUT (big but) not if she was in the middle of a snarl with MJ and DB over FB stuff!! I can see her feigning sleep, to put MJ off. But not actually falling asleep. Way too much tension to be falling asleep, imo.

Sorry MJ, it makes no sense. You have way more to tell, and I wish you would get on with the telling.

I just don't see PB attempting to fake sleep in such a heated moment. That's the weakest trick of them all. Plus, the person probably isn't going to give PB the opportunity to play sleep. Not one bit of sleep. MJ was all over PB from the time he arrived at the apt. PB wasn't going to no way get any sleep. If MJ was fussing with DB on the phone at all, PB could not even try to play sleep; but DB should have been able to hear PB's voice in the back-ground. If DB didn't hear PB's voice in the back-ground when MJ said PB was sleep, I think he already had quieted PB. Perhaps DB and KB did not show up to the apt for whatever reason(s), but the ring leader was more than willing to show up and if the ring leader will show up, his followers will show up behind him. That is kind of like Males against a few females. DB may have already broke down and told LE most of the truth and I don't think MJ told DB where PB is located. They always say that once a person branches outward to seek locations, to always seek familiar places right away. Like, did the brothers and friends have favorite spots they had like to visit, such as the mountains, beaches etc.. or who lives the furthest out or did anyone recently move to another location etc...jmo.

I have to remind myself that PB is only 17 (16 in the 28th). Does anyone know if she was extremely mature for her age? I know she was extremely smart. But did people who met her assume she was a lot older? I hope this makes sense. My thinking is would she go with the crowd even if she was uncomfortable or would she stand her ground if she was uncomfortable.

Wasn't/isn't she a senior in high school already, graduating early, this June? Or did I read that wrong someplace?

I don't think she was "old" for her age, but probably did want, like any teen would, to "act" older around her sister's friends. But I think everyone knew her real age...especially MJ, since he had been with her sister for a decade.

Wasn't/isn't she a senior in high school already, graduating early, this June? Or did I read that wrong someplace?

I don't think she was "old" for her age, but probably did want, like any teen would, to "act" older around her sister's friends. But I think everyone knew her real age...especially MJ, since he had been with her sister for a decade.

I wasn't implying that MJ or his family didn't know her age. Sorry if that's what it sounded like I was thinking. I just know there are a lot of seniors in Hugh school who could easily be mistaken for college sophomores because they are that mature socially. There are also a lot of hs seniors who are extremely socially immature, kwim.

Also, were DB & MJ still on friendly terms or was it a bad breakup? Anyone know when they broke up? I had the impression that it was a mutual splitting of ways kind if thing. Not sure why I thought that. I would think that if DB had any hint that MJ could be violent she would've told him to leave as soon ad she realized he was there with PB. Or she would've gone to get PB. If they were together for 10 yrs, she would know. I'm thinking LBC and PB may have been interested in each other. He was there the 27th hanging out and for whatever reason spent the night. Maybe his ride home fell through, maybe he was
hoping to hook up, maybe it was common for him to crash there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther