MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, I don't thing NG will stay with P's case; today there is some major news to report. If no arrests come along with it, P will be pushed back again. One thing so frustrating about how she does her shows is she keeps someone front and center for 2-3 days and then we never hear about them again...Hailey Dunn, Kyron, Phylicia...I wish she would at least have a wall of photos in the background of people she's covered who are still missing.

Not much more was said in the press conference that hadn't already been reported. They aren't sure about a link to the two victims. It is going to take some time for all the test results to come back to the investigators. They aren't going to spare any expense in the investigation. They are running fingerprints found on her through MD's and the FBI's databases. The commissioner said that while this isn't the outcome anyone wanted it does allow them to uncover what really happened which would have been practically impossible without the body. Sorry this isn't a very good recap for you all but those are the main points that stuck out.

The other body is male, 240 lbs. 6'4.
No word on COD for Phylicia at this time.

Jean C. is saying that P told her sister she was going to step out to get something to eat? Did she say that she was going out or just that she was hungry??

Not much more was said in the press conference that hadn't already been reported. They aren't sure about a link to the two victims. It is going to take some time for all the test results to come back to the investigators. They aren't going to spare any expense in the investigation. They are running fingerprints found on her through MD's and the FBI's databases. The commissioner said that while this isn't the outcome anyone wanted it does allow them to uncover what really happened which would have been practically impossible without the body. Sorry this isn't a very good recap for you all but those are the main points that stuck out.

Actually, the fingerprints they were talking about were the other body's fingerprints. The reporter asked about Identifying the other body, and LE said they were able to get fingerprints off of him.
HTH.

As soon as someone finds a link to a recorded version of the press conference, let me know. I was only able to transcribe about half of it as it was happening.

Thank you

The other thing to note is that both victims were unclothed at the time of discovery. Not to say that they are connected, just found that weird for the male.
Hopefully two families will soon begin the road to justice.

I wasn't sure...I could barely hear it on my computer so I was happy with what I was able to get out of it. I'm glad others were able to get more information from it than I was able to :iamashamed:

Mark K. talking about how the time when the child is missing is even worse than the time once you know he/she is gone...because you are living in fear of what they are going through. His daughter Polly was not found for 65 days (I always thought it was much sooner, for some reason) and he said at that point, you can let go of the fear and move on to grief.

Rest in peace Phylicia. I'm so sorry you weren't found in time.

My sincerest condolences to all who loved you :(

Salem

I'm so sad to hear about this precious little girl. Her poor mom! I am glad, though, that there will be a body to bury and that the not knowing is over. We all prayed for a different end to his but if a missing child is dead, finding the body is necessary to prevent even more agony.

It will be pivotal to determine how long she was in the water. Also, does anyone know if the man found in the water near her matches the description of any of the players in this case? Are all her sister's friends, for example, accounted for?

P's father is on, is saying that P was reported missing as soon as she should be...NG is saying that is not what P's mom said.

Playing clip of P's mom saying how she called her daughter between 8-9pm, that she did not get a call, she had to call there to try to talk to P.

Mark Klaas says he has no doubt at all that P was taken for the purpose of rape, followed by murder to cover up evidence. He said that is the basic motive whenever a beautiful young woman goes missing.

The dad saying the mom was notified was totally hinky to me. Just sayin'.

:rose: Rest in peace, precious Phylicia :rose:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member