MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Body of N.C. teen missing 4 months found in Md.

One of two bodies pulled from Maryland's Susquehanna River has been positively identified as a missing North Carolina teenager, Baltimore police said Thursday.

Maryland medical examiners compared dental records of Phylicia Barnes, 17, with one of two bodies found on the Susquehanna River. Barnes, of Monroe, N.C., had been missing since December.

More: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42708058/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

Thank you; I was just coming over to post that.

We're very famliar with that area, having travelled between Harrisburg PA and Aberdeen MD several times.

As you drive on US-1, you cross the Conowingo Dam - and it's a narrow, two-lane road across it. CLICK HERE for map.

With two bodies found, I'm wondering if this was a tragic December accident; we've driven over the dam road when it was quite icy.

....but who else is missing? If the other body is related to Philicia's, there has to be another missing persons case.

I just heard the news, and I saw the thread has moved so I hope it's okay to say this here..

RIP Phylicia.

Many thanks to GeorgiaJean, Cubby and the rest whom spent countless hours keeping this thread up to date for the rest of us.

Has any news been found on the second body and if that male knew Phylicia?

What do you want to know about the fishing? I used to go there often, lived in the Baltimore area most of my life. My brother actually lives in Harford County very close to Conowingo. I fished with my dad as a child there a lot. The Susquehanna River is pretty far from where she was staying with her sister. That dam is huge. Like Patapsco State Park it is a popular dumping place for bodies.I've even seen it at creek water level and the bottom is covered in huge sharp boulders and rocks. The water itself even at low level moves pretty hard, enough imo to tear a body up. I know from the Laci Peterson case that the experts said bodies always surface in April because of the change in currents. No doubt she could have been weighted down and stayed stationary up until now. I would hope the ME can tell by damage to the body how far she may have traveled. The area her sister lives in is high crime, pretty much everywhere across the entire state of Maryland is. Her sister resided within the city limits and murders there are very common. They won't solve this. I believe with the FBI involved and the media they will try. The police spokesman stating this being such a different type case is BS. PB wasn't local, honor student, etc. Plenty of girls like PB have been murdered there, their cases aren't put under the microscope and on NG like PB. We have a case here where a girl from Virginia was found dead near the projects and see how they have handled that as one example.

Thank you for the information Strach304. I was looking for the information uncovered where the group of POI's mentioned fishing on their social networking sites on or about the time PB went missing. GJ or investigate1 had read it.

My computer has been goofy and I've been on the horn with Comcast on and off for hours. Got internet back but still no phone - even after swapping out my modem. (dang comcast!) I will try to look for the posts again in a bit.

RIP Phylicia...may whoever harmed you be found and justice served

R.I.P. Phylicia
and sympathies to her loved ones

who and why.............would anyone hurt her?

I've been looking around for missing men in the area and can't find anything. Why would he not be reported missing, too???

R.I.P. Phylicia
and sympathies to her loved ones

who and why.............would anyone hurt her?

I believe Mark Klass just answered that question pretty well on NG.

He said, for a young, innocent beautiful girl, like Phylicia, the answer is usually the same. Unfortunately, it is usually for the sick, twisted sexual gratification of others, that she would be killed.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bs-md-barnes-body-20110421,0,6874419.story

"With the discovery of her body in state waters, Maryland state police will now assume control of the investigation, officials say."

This may be good that another agency will take over the investigation. Maybe they will be able to get farther with interrogating the apartment visitors.

"The Susquehanna River is made up of two branches that flow from New York state and western Pennsylvania, joining a main stem that empties into the Chesapeake Bay. The Conowingo Dam is about five miles south of the Pennsylvania border."

Didn't early reports say that they thought she may have been taken to NY?

Not much more was said in the press conference that hadn't already been reported. They aren't sure about a link to the two victims. It is going to take some time for all the test results to come back to the investigators. They aren't going to spare any expense in the investigation. They are running fingerprints found on her through MD's and the FBI's databases. The commissioner said that while this isn't the outcome anyone wanted it does allow them to uncover what really happened which would have been practically impossible without the body. Sorry this isn't a very good recap for you all but those are the main points that stuck out.

Thank you kittenista, I am still trying to catch up after hours of comcast problems. Your synopsis is wonderful!

BBM, They found fingerprints on her! Man would I love to be a fly on the wall observing MJ's and the circle of 30 POI's right now. Someone or some persons have to be feeling like they are about to have a heart attack right about now.

I guess the time for revealing answers and coming forward has passed. Let's see how many are eventually charged and who is gonna make a deal for themself revealing what happened. I predict a bunch of people pointing fingers at each other, stories that do not match up with the evidence, LE piecing this together.....

and it is TIME TO ROLL FOLKS! Time to move to the next step of investigating to ensure Phylicia's murder was not in vain and ALL responsible are brought to justice to the fullest extent of the law.

I feel like a horse ready to bust out of the gate to find the 's who did this! I hope all the regulars and more will continue with this case until justice is served. Phylicia deserves no less!

Actually, the fingerprints they were talking about were the other body's fingerprints. The reporter asked about Identifying the other body, and LE said they were able to get fingerprints off of him.
HTH.

Oh carp, I was so hoping those were evidence for Phylicia's case. :banghead:

I've been looking around for missing men in the area and can't find anything. Why would he not be reported missing, too???

I still don't think he is connected to her case. I bet this is a regular place to dump bodies and he came up just like she did, because of the Spring like weather change. IMOO

I wasn't sure...I could barely hear it on my computer so I was happy with what I was able to get out of it. I'm glad others were able to get more information from it than I was able to :iamashamed:

You did great kittenista! :blowkiss:

P's father is on, is saying that P was reported missing as soon as she should be...NG is saying that is not what P's mom said.

Playing clip of P's mom saying how she called her daughter between 8-9pm, that she did not get a call, she had to call there to try to talk to P.

The dad saying the mom was notified was totally hinky to me. Just sayin'.

:rose: Rest in peace, precious Phylicia :rose:

I applaud NG for devoting the entire hour to PB's story/case, save for a brief segue of Dr. D's new show.

It's a crying shame when my husband asks-"Who's the guy talking, a cop?"-when it was rb talking about finding out about the death of his missing daughter, PB.

Then, even before NG could ask about why db didn't call JS to tell her that PB was missing, rb goes into damage control-and talks about how reports about db are not accurate and digs his heels in to say that db called JS.

Nancy told him that's not what JS said and rb refuted her again.

At this point, NG says that if it is as he says then she's glad, then NG says "play the tape."

"The tape" is a previously recorded interview of JS explaining how she got a terrible feeling while she was at work and decided to call db. When she asked, "Where's Simone," db blurbs- "I don't know, she's missing." This is per JS.

To me, RB's credibility is SHOT TO *advertiser censored*.

It felt like a courtroom moment, and I eagerly await the arrests and CONVICTIONS of ALL who had knowledge and a hand in the disappearance, death, and dumping of Phylicia Simone Barnes.

~Prayers for JS and her family~

Playing clip of P's mom saying how she called her daughter between 8-9pm, that she did not get a call, she had to call there to try to talk to P.

I'm sure LE has phone records as to who called whom when......
Time will tell.

Mark Klaas says he has no doubt at all that P was taken for the purpose of rape, followed by murder to cover up evidence. He said that is the basic motive whenever a beautiful young woman goes missing.

I love Mark Klaas! Love him to pieces, he knows his stuff! This is exactly what I said early on... for the purpose of rape and the murder was a cover up so PB wouldn't speak.

It will be interesting to see if any drugs were found in her system. Not because I think she took them purposely, but from what the group of POI's post on their social networking sites there is a LOT of heavy drug use going on and it is well beyond MY definition of recreational use. (by that I mean several times a week if not daily....)

I think someone drugged her to rape her...... and we all know both marijuana and the date rape drug put people to sleep. Still thinking about MJ's comments about PB falling asleep on him.

JMO

The dad saying the mom was notified was totally hinky to me. Just sayin'.

:rose: Rest in peace, precious Phylicia :rose:

His comments have been really tactless since day one. In fact, imo how the Barnes family has treated JS has been down right despicable imo. They posted some pretty nasty and angry comments on the prayer group and none of them were considerate of PB's mother at all.

JMO

kleena‎ RT @92QJamsBmore: Phylicia Barnes' Father Tells CBS TV Station Body Found Is His Daughter
Phylicia Barnes’ Father Tells CBS TV Station Body Found Is His ...‎ - cbslocal.com
Twitter - seconds ago

Russel Barnes needs to shut his pie hole. I am so angry. The man was an ABSENT FATHER and he has NO RIGHT to put this information out until official confirmation comes by way of the coroner or LE. eta: Tactless, simply tactless. If I posted what I thought of him I'd be timed out if not banned, so excersizing some self discipline here, which I wish Mr. Barnes would do the same! :furious:

A day late and a dollar short Mr. Barnes! ENOUGH!! You have taken SO much away from your daughters mother I am steamed! SHUT THE HMPF UP!

:furious:

BBM

I am in ABSOLUTE AGREEMENT! To add further insult, the tactics displayed by rb this evening on NG are nothing short of HIDEOUSLY SUSPICIOUS.

JS needs LIONS on her behalf and by golly she's GOT EM here at WS, in LE, and around the world.

The suspicious nor criminally complicit need not apply.

JUSTICE FOR PHYLICIA SIMONE BARNES!!

What a sad day. I hope that precious Phylicia's death won't have been in vain and we can find who did this so they never hurt anyone again.

Oh, I'm so sad. Her poor mother. That poor baby.

Rest in Peace Sweet Phyllicia...no one can hurt you now.

God bless your mom and family...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member