ME ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it is a possibility that Ayla wandered off and out of the house alone. They've brought dogs through, so there would be a trail wouldn't there? Who was in the residence the day and night in question?

I agree, Lato, that Ayla would have a difficult time with the storm door if it were closed properly. But LE said visitors were at the house Friday night during the time Ayla was last seen. If the storm door doesn't close properly on its own, and people were going in and out and didn't pull it shut, she could have pushed it open. As for the stairs, I know it seems unlikely, but I've seen little ones do amazing things.

I wonder if her dad or others followed a guest out to the driveway as the guest was leaving and didn't notice that Ayla slipped out behind them.

OMG. I just had a flash of a toddler behind a car! :eek:

I don't think it is a possibility that Ayla wandered off and out of the house alone. They've brought dogs through, so there would be a trail wouldn't there? Who was in the residence the day and night in question?

http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/Waterville-Search-continues-for-missing-toddler.html

Two search dogs, one from the Warden Service and one from Maine State Police, were at the house where she lives for much of the day Sunday.
Ayla was reported missing from her Violette Avenue home by her father, Justin DiPietro, at about 9 a.m. Saturday, when he found her bed empty.

He said there were several adults at the home Friday night when Ayla went to bed. At least one of them was not a family member, he said.

This case is becoming more and more identical to Joshua Davis. In that case his parents had several family members and one non family member over at the house the night he went missing.

Is that mom holding the little boy in the lion hat with her back to the camera?
I don't think she is the mom Sleuthster.....This is the caption under that picture:
DESPAIR: Maine State Police Detective Christopher Tupper, left, and Waterville Detective Lincoln Ryder, at right, question Justin DiPietro after he arrived at his home on Violette Ave. in Waterville on Sunday as an extensive search was underway at his home and the neighborhood for his 20- month- old daughter Ayla Reynolds who has been missing since Friday.

Staff photo by David Leaming
http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/Toddler-Search.html
There is one picture of Ayla and a woman that could be her mom (or maybe aunt), in the second Facebook link I posted. Here is the link to Pictures: http://www.facebook.com/Help.Find.Ayla?sk=photos

I don't think she is the mom Sleuthster.....This is the caption under that picture:

There is one picture of Ayla and a woman that could be her mom (or maybe aunt), in the second Facebook link I posted. Here is the link to Pictures: http://www.facebook.com/Help.Find.Ayla?sk=photos

She broke her arm while....?

oh ok, while at her dad's. I wonder who was her primary caretaker at Dad's. Did he take care of her the most, or did he have a gf, or his parents take her while he worked?

Since she has been at Dad's since October, I assumed that was likely where she was when she broke her arm... since that is where she would have been spending the majority of her time.

"The girl's mother, Trista Reynolds, is living in Portland without a permanent address, Massey said. Both parents have been interviewed and are cooperating with the investigation, he said.

He said there were several adults at the home Friday night when Ayla went to bed. At least one of them was not a family member, he said.

Massey said "everything is on the table," and is not ruling out an abduction."

http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/search-continues_2011-12-18.html

So Mom has a 9-month old living with her at a hotel but lost Ayla due to something that is not being mentioned? Why would she be allowed to keep one baby but not the other?

The article is written in such a way that it is difficult to determine who has custody of the child. To me, this could read as if the maternal grandmother has custody of the 9 month old and is staying in a hotel with the mother.

Hanson was staying with Ayla’s mother, Trista Reynolds, in a South Portland motel Sunday as the search continued in Waterville.

“This is the worst thing of all because she doesn’t know where her daughter is at,” Hanson said. “I’m hoping that they call us soon and say they found her.”

Hanson said Trista Reynolds was not able to talk to the media. Trista Reynolds also has a 9-month-old son who is living with her at the South Portland motel, Hanson said.

The living with "her" part of the quote could mean mother or maternal grandmother. If the father of the youngest is not the same father as Ayla, it is possible that the father of the youngest was not appropriate to take custody and then the maternal grandmother could have custody of the youngest and have to supervise any contact between the child and the mother.

Just an idea of what could explain the living arrangments. Risk for a 20 month old is risk for a 9 month old, so it would not make sense for custody of one to remain while the other is removed *although sometimes that occurs when the younger is born after the older was already removed, but that is not the case here

This article
http://abcnews.go.com/US/police-sea...-ayla-reynolds/story?id=15184069#.Tu7OL5jN7zK
describes the "cast" as soft (yes, it might be an ACE bandage). The clavicle is the most frequently broken bone in toddlers. Toddlers' arms are put in slings usually with a soft wrap on the forearm to safety pin the sling in place. If her clavicle is broken, she couldn't open a front door with any significant weight. She would also be very fussy trying to get comfortable to sleep. She couldn't roll on her sides without pain and trying to lying on her back or prone would also be painful.

What I would like to know is:

How long has she stayed at this address, or was this just temporary for the night and she woke up and decided to wander to her regular home? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I read the Dad was informed she was not there, which means he wasn't either, so who was it that noticed she was gone?

As far as not hearing, I still remember finding my not quite 2 yr old asleep on a bean bag chair in the living room with food around her, and the TV on. She was too young to even know how to change the channel. The living room was next to my bedroom. I remember being horrified that I never heard her climb out of her crib (monitor) and help herself to food in the kitchen and turn the TV on. That was 20+ years ago and it still haunts me.

I'm hoping she is found soon and is ok. This is just getting to be too much lately.

What I would like to know is:

How long has she stayed at this address, or was this just temporary for the night and she woke up and decided to wander to her regular home? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I read the Dad was informed she was not there, which means he wasn't either, so who was it that noticed she was gone?

--i assume from this article----that she was with her father at that address since mid-october..

http://www.kjonline.com/news/Press-conf ... ddler.html
Search for missing toddler continues
--snipped--

The toddler had lived in Portland with her mother and grandmother until mid-October
said Becca Hanson, Ayla’s grandmother. The grandparents, who are not married and have separate addresses, said Maine’s Department of Health and Human Services had removed Ayla from her mother’s care in October.

--her father was the last to see her-----when he put her to bed at 8 p.m. and he was the one to find her missing, and call 911 at 8:51 a.m. the next morning..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-middle-night-authorities-released-clues.html
Ayla Reynolds's father Justin DiPietro
woke up in his Waterville home to find her bed empty Saturday morning and he immediately called police.
Ayla was last seen in her bed around 10pm Friday evening. DiPietro reported her missing at 8.51am the next morning.

And a baby in diapers - that need changing...and a baby that hasn't eaten - in AT LEAST 13 hours...

The baby was approaching two. At Ayla's age, my younger child woke up dry most mornings. We never had a leaking diaper from either child past the one year mark, and we stopped (no need, not laziness) night changes by six months. They also ate around 6 pm and had breakfast about an hour after they woke up, so 9 am most days. They weren't interested in food before then. Sleeping for 12-13 hours is completely age appropriate. I don't check on the kids unless I have reason to (ill, noises suggesting they woke up, a tingling mommy sense) overnight- the younger is a terrible sleeper who usually wakes up if I try, and then I spent an hour or more getting her back to sleep and she's still not well rested in the morning. The older one is easier to settle, but it does affect his quality of sleep.

Thinking of that sweet little girl.

Ayla's mom on GMA right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members