ME ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
She claims to have filed papers on Thursday for full custody of Ayla. She says Ayla's father was unaware of this but that he will now know. She says they have shared joint custody and were co parenting prior.

Speculation on GMA "how did Ayla's arm become broken?"

Look at family, immediate and extended, babysitters, etc.

Now motive is there, IMO. No stranger abduction IMO. I wish these games would stop.

Oh god this is not going to end well.... and I just have to say that it angers me that people are killing their children (not saying that is what happened here just saying in general) and then using the abduction excuse to try and get away with it. It's sickening! Prayers for Ayla.

I've been tweeting Nancy Grace some links about this in hopes she will cover it on her show.

Now motive is there, IMO. No stranger abduction IMO. I wish these games would stop.

I hope her Mother does have her. Anything else wouldn't turn out good.

Why go through the trouble of filing a claim for custody if she's just going to take her anyway? Unless she was feeling desperate.

The father called the police and he is the last to see his daughter. He claims to not know about the mother filing for custody on Thursday. Where is Ayla?

Here's what I'm trying to figure out. By DHS rules, and I know this for sure in ME, not sure about all other states, it is not suitable to live in temporary housing with minor children. That includes hotels, unless of course, you are travelling or it is an emergency. Otherwise, a hotel is not a permanent home, and you are not allowed to live with a child in a temporary home. Exceptions are usually made for domestic violence shelters, or if you can prove that you are taking steps to find a "real" home. I only say this because I have a friend that lost both of her kids to the state of ME, and her only offense was living in a motel room, with herself and both of her kids. There were no other problems, according to the court papers.

I point this out for two reasons: It is possible that Ayla's mother did nothing wrong, except to be deemed homeless with kids, meaning that she didn't necessarily abuse them or neglect them in any traditional sense. The problem usually is that children over a year are not allowed to sleep in the same room with two adults or one adult of a different gender. If Trista had a boyfriend that was staying at a hotel with her and DHS caught wind of that, they would have had grounds to remove Ayla, but not the baby, as no violations would have occurred with regards to the baby. Typically, the state removes all the kids from someone's custody, but not always. Considering the baby's age, and the lack of need for privacy, they might not have considered it a problem for the baby to be in a hotel.

ETA AGAIN: If the grandmother is also living in a hotel, I see no way that the grandmother would be allowed to keep the baby either. Unless grandma is very close to having her own home, or the state allowed it because grandma is very unlikely to have boyfriends coming through the motel to see her.

ETA: It depends on the reunification plan. If the genuine plan is to return one child ASAP, then the state often will allow the parent to keep the other child if there are no signs of abuse in regards to that child.

Not saying it is true at all in this case, but just to keep in mind: some mothers file for cutody simply because they are desperate for the money child support and govt aid would bring. In social services, we saw this most often with drug addicts or alcoholics. I hope this is not the case here. If the grandparents are the ones that 'removed custody', I wonder why.

Bless them all and I do hope for a happy ending.

God, I hope Ayla will be found unharmed and healthy. I just can't believe how many times this is happening.

Ayla is a common name in Turkey and they pronounce it "Eye-la". Just for trivia.

The father's name, DiPietro, is Italian.

On page one or two, some people were wondering about the circle-shaped things in two of the neighbours' backyards. Some were thinking pools, my thought is that they could also be trampolines. Do people have those for their children in their backyards in the US? Around here (Mainland Europe), lots of people have them. I attached the map for reference.

Attachments

• map.jpg
    map.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 40
Another possibility is that both kids were removed in October, and the baby has already been returned to her care. DHS will often take children all at once, but return them one at a time. The theory is that it gives the kids more one on one time, and gives the parents more time to spot personality changes that might have occurred while the kids were in foster care, things that they might miss if their kids are sent home all at once. That would be even more likely if the baby's father is not in the picture to petition to keep him out of her care.

The baby was approaching two. At Ayla's age, my younger child woke up dry most mornings. We never had a leaking diaper from either child past the one year mark, and we stopped (no need, not laziness) night changes by six months. They also ate around 6 pm and had breakfast about an hour after they woke up, so 9 am most days. They weren't interested in food before then. Sleeping for 12-13 hours is completely age appropriate. I don't check on the kids unless I have reason to (ill, noises suggesting they woke up, a tingling mommy sense) overnight- the younger is a terrible sleeper who usually wakes up if I try, and then I spent an hour or more getting her back to sleep and she's still not well rested in the morning. The older one is easier to settle, but it does affect his quality of sleep.

Thinking of that sweet little girl.

True - every child is different. My DS got up at 5-5:30 EVERY morning, no matter what time he went to bed, ran into our room and wanted breakfast.

But...This almost 2-yr. old obviously does not have the home stability our children have. Look at her short life thus far:

She just got taken away from her mother, has since then had a broken arm (still in a sling), and is now missing. Our norms can't apply...IMO

Reynolds says she hasn’t talked to DiPietro since Ayala went missing from her father’s Waterville home since Friday night. She was last seen sleeping in her bed.
http://bangordailynews.com/2011/12/...issing-20-month-old-was-seeking-sole-custody/

This confuses me. She hasn't spoken to him since the night before Ayla was found to be missing, or she hasn't talked to him since Ayla was found to be missing?

God, I hope Ayla will be found unharmed and healthy. I just can't believe how many times this is happening.

Ayla is a common name in Turkey and they pronounce it "Eye-la". Just for trivia.

The father's name, DiPietro, is Italian.

On page one or two, some people were wondering about the circle-shaped things in two of the neighbours' backyards. Some were thinking pools, my thought is that they could also be trampolines. Do people have those for their children in their backyards in the US? Around here (Mainland Europe), lots of people have them. I attached the map for reference.

IMO they are pools--two round above-grounds, and then it looks like the house at the far right of the pic has a rectangular in-ground.

(Trampolines are fairly common here, too, btw.)

http://ezinearticles.com/?What-is-a-Soft-Splint?&id=2783756

She might not have had a broken arm at all, as soft splinting is not advised for fractures, because the arm is not completely immobilized. She might have nothing worse than a pulled muscle or a badly pulled or torn tendon, since those are the most common applications for soft splinting.

ETA: I think it all depends on whether she had a soft splint or a soft cast, and the articles are about half and half as to which one it was.

IMO they are pools--two round above-grounds, and then it looks like the house at the far right of the pic has a rectangular in-ground.

(Trampolines are fairly common here, too, btw.)

Yeah, you're probably right. I was just thinking that would be one less danger if she did happen to wander off on her own. Which is questionable at best.

Trista Reynolds told ABC's "Good Morning America" that she and Ayla Reynolds' father have been unable to get along in the last few weeks. She said she didn't tell the father, Justin DiPietro, that she'd filed the court paperwork Thursday.

"I've had no contact with him; he's had no contact with me. All I know is he's the last man to see my daughter, and all I want to know where she is," she said Monday.
http://www.pressherald.com/news/Mom-of-missing-toddler-sought-sole-custody-.html

Okay TR says that JD did not know that she was filing for custody, but honestly, she doesn't know what he knew, because she says she hasn't talked to him. She might have said something on Facebook that indicated her plan, or a mutual acquaintance may have seen her when she went in to file the paperwork. Or TR might even have a friend that isn't really a friend, and is giving lots of info to JD about what TR is doing.

Has it been confirmed by dad that he did not know of the custody filing? I know mom has said that... but Maine is a small place and I can imagine that word might have gotten to him through unofficial channels?

Or maybe this is just a real case of exceptionally bad timing. :(

With the custody paperwork, I can still see this going either way. It's possible the JD found out about the paperwork filing and hid Ayla somewhere, and it's also possible the TR filed the paperwork as a cover. Sort of, "Why would i just take her, I was going to court and doing everything right."

And of course, there are still a dozen other options that could lead in another dozen directions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamabee1221