ME ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree, the wording "smoked it" stands out, such as odd way of putting it when you think of what they're actually speaking about. It's not an algebra test. It makes you wonder, increasing cockiness = increasing confidence = no movement toward him as poa as he sees it?

The term 'smoked it' has a connotation of passing something that you were worried about passing, imo.

The term 'smoked it' has a connotation of passing something that you were worried about passing, imo.

Yeah, like a big math test. :( the term is also used in relation to racing and implies "beat" and "won"

So Justin is in essence (imo) saying he beat the poly.

Jmo.

Just wanted to express my appreciation for members like askfornina, whose timelines and transcripts make websleuths the place it is.

Yeah, like a big math test. :( the term is also used in relation to racing and implies "beat" and "won"

So Justin is in essence (imo) saying he beat the poly.

Jmo.

My interpretation is that he wanted it, took it, passed it and is done with it. Why would he want a copy? So he can get another opinion. MOO. I would like to know how on earth he wouldn't know if the others in his house had taken a LDT or not. Someone who was in that house knows where this darling is IMO.

In my opinion, JD has told at least two lies now; that LE did not tell him how he did on the LD test and that he doesn't know if the others took one. Really? You don't know if your sister or your girlfriend took a LD test or not? I'm not saying he needs to be the one to announce whether they did or not, but please, don't say you don't know. I don't believe that at all.

TR has said that JD became defensive immediately when asked to explain Ayla's injuries. JD's written statements and interviews have centered primarily on defending himself in the face of TR's statements and public opinion. My best guess is that he was told he failed the LDT. Why else characterize the conclusion as irrelevant? When LE first said there must have been a "misunderstanding" and that family members were free to speak to the media, I thought LE has figured out how to push JD's buttons. He doesn't like being called out. That, along with JD's own account of his interrogations and the searches make it pretty clear what the focus of this investigation is.

I would be very surprised if drugs don't play a part somehow. There is nothing we know of that links JD to any drug use, but as he was once a part of TR's circle of friends, it's safe to say that at least some of his associates have drug histories. His gf's sister was arrested with 1000 hits of oxy. That's a serious amount. Think of the lengthly sentences the Cummings/Croslin gang received for a comparatively piddling amount of pills scrounged from people selling half their prescriptions. The gf resides with her sister. I suppose it's possible to share a home with someone (who happens to be her sister) and be unaware of the movement of a large quanity of drugs, but what are the chances? I'm thinking drugs were involved, not in any kidnapping for revenge or debt owed scenario, but resulting in careless or irrational behavior leading to tragedy. All MOO

I used to be on the fence. But now...:fence::fencefall::thud:

I'm still on the fence. I think people (including me) already have their minds made up and anything reported seems to be taken in whatever context they see fit.
As for the LDT, I think he knows he passed it and that LE are telling him he didn't. He didn't lie about them TELLING him - he said it was irrelevant, because he KNOWS he was honest and couldn't have failed. He doesn't come off as cocky to me at all.
As for sitting home on a Friday night with kiddies/sister/gf ~ I have three nephews all under the age of 25 with babies under 5 years old...and unless grandma or auntie can watch them for special occasions, they are home with them Friday AND Saturday nights. Seems to me Justin wanted Ayla, he moved to moms in order to keep her, he went through the proper channels to get her. I just don't think he did something to her because he wanted to be free of her or party more. It's possible there was an accident, but from fb page, his sister is all about supporting him, finally, which puts me firmly on the fence.

After a month, LE can't rule out the father or the other adults in the home, that is worrying. Not saying LD tests are infallible, we have had that discussion on WS ad naseum, but they are a tool LE uses to try to rule out parents/other POI's so they can move on, and they have not been able to do that.

I am beginning to worry that this case is at a stand-off; LE may feel they know who is to blame for Ayla's "disappearance" but will be unable to prove it as long as everyone holds firm to their stories. Just like so many other cases.

OT (sort of) it is amazing and horrifying to think how many people can be murdered and bodies made to vanish and no one is ever charged. WS is full of cases with decades-long suspects or POI's gonig about their lives as if nothing ever happened. I do sympathize with LE as I don't know what they can really do, if they don't have a crime scene.

Also OT, but last night on Dateline was an example of a case where for many years, the mother of a murdered young woman was angry and frustrated with LE because she felt they had botched the case and the crime scene and not done enough. Only at the eventual trial (via a Codis hit) 17 years later did she learn how exacting the crime scene experts had actually been and to what lengths they had gone in an attempt to find evidence. Despite her very vocal campaign against LE during all those years, they never let on what they had collected or how, and she assumed, wrongly, they had not done their jobs. Very enlightening, for me and needless to say, for her. She was stunned, shocked and full or remorse and gratitude. JMO, sorry for OT.

you know what the problem with this one is, there is so much information going around... but yet there's really none. :/

The possible drug connection worries me because it might mean that a normal Friday night with no party is not a good environment for small children. I think that the family wouldn't talk about who were in the home the night Ayla went missing because they rather liked the assumption that it was a grandma and her children and grandchildren cosily watching TV and having dinner.

I can't help fearing that there was something going on they'd rather keep quiet because even after LE said they have nothing against the family talking JD likes to stand behind their backs:

DiPietro said Friday he felt some information should be left to the police to make public.

"I would rather let them be the ones to come out and talk about that night, if they feel it's necessary," DiPietro said of police. "I don't really feel that's up to us. If there are certain details they want to share, they should be the ones to come out and share those details."

Why? Who would know better than the people who were there?

I have to agree, the wording "smoked it" stands out, such as odd way of putting it when you think of what they're actually speaking about. It's not an algebra test. It makes you wonder, increasing cockiness = increasing confidence = no movement toward him as poa as he sees it?

I don't see cockiness or increasing arrogance at all. He is who he is, and people speak differently. Semantics is what I'll chalk it up to, he could have said he passed it, beat it, or anything else---but when he says he "smoked it", I think he was maybe adding emphasis in his own way...

I think the LDT results ARE irrelevant. For one, nobody knows what questions were asked. Secondly, he could have showed deception in some areas while being truthful in other areas. For example, he could have lied about using drugs or there being a party in the home---but he could have passed when asked if he harmed Ayla or had anything to do with her disappearance. Just an example, but its very plausible that he "failed" some areas of the test but says he "smoked it" because he showed no deception on questions relating to her actual disappearance...JMO

Sorry for the scattered posts, but one more thing---didn't Misty Croslin initially say she passed the lie detector test, but it was later revealed that she failed it? LE use these things as tools, in more ways than one...Telling a suspect they passed could lull them into a false sense of security or confidence, telling them they failed could send them into a self-destructing panic....just my thoughts...

DiPietro said, "I know I went in there and smoked it. I told the truth and that's that."

When asked if police told him the results, DiPietro said. "They can tell me whatever they want. Again, I didn't physically see the results."

It is inconsistent imo.
If he doesn't believe what LE told him and if he didn't see the results, how does he know he "smoked it"?
http://www.kjonline.com/news/search...ceaccounts-differon-polygraph_2012-01-13.html

OT: IIRC Ronald Cummings said he and Misty passed the LDT with flying colors, and IMO Misty looked rather uncertain when the topic came up.

I don't think we were ever told by LE how Misty Croslin did in her LDT's but I suppose we can make some inferences from the comments they gave when she failed the LDT arranged by Tim Miller (they said it came as no surprise to them).

JMO but I don't think LE ever told Misty that she passed, they made it clear enough that they thought she was a liar.

I wanted to post that Trista's sister, Jessica Reynolds, is the sister who had Ayla when Justin came to take custody of her. I had thought earlier that it could have been WR who is Trista's stepsister.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I want to bring in a very special guest. We have Jessica Reynolds, who is Ayla`s maternal aunt.

And Jessica, thank you for joining us. You were watching this child in October when her mother, who is estranged from the father, went in to rehab for substance abuse. And when you were watching this beautiful little girl, that`s when the father, the biological father, came in and said, "Aha! The mom`s in rehab. I`m taking the child."

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1112/20/ijvm.01.html

I wonder if the mom has taken a LDT?

I've gone over all of this on both sides in my mind - and sadly the conclusion I keep coming up with is:

If EITHER of them had anything to do with it - to what end? I can't see either of them letting things keep going this way and Ayla 'out there with someone' for much longer. There's no easy way to step up and say "She's with so&so. I've had her hid....." The more time that passes just makes it seem unreasonable to me that this is the case - be it the mother - or the father doing it. This makes me really sad but this feeling has really begun to sink in.

Where, oh where are you little Ayla? :(

The mother wasn't there, she just wasn't there. It wasn't her house and she was in another town.

And if she had walked in on that "normal" night, how could she sneak past all the people there and just grab the baby in the dark when there might have been other children sleeping in the same room in a very small house?

As many have pointed out, the child was in the custody of the father, inside his mother's house where he was living, and her welfare was his responsibility.

Also, if we forgive the vague answers Daddy gives now after several weeks, and Grandma's story that keeps changing, then why question everything the mother says when she has been so outspoken from day one? :twocents:

I wonder if the mom has taken a LDT?

I've gone over all of this on both sides in my mind - and sadly the conclusion I keep coming up with is:

If EITHER of them had anything to do with it - to what end? I can't see either of them letting things keep going this way and Ayla 'out there with someone' for much longer. There's no easy way to step up and say "She's with so&so. I've had her hid....." The more time that passes just makes it seem unreasonable to me that this is the case - be it the mother - or the father doing it. This makes me really sad but this feeling has really begun to sink in.

Where, oh where are you little Ayla? :(

What is the motive for the Mom "hiding" her again? I know that's a hopeful scenario and it comes up in every missing person case, but I never quite understand how that's supposed to work out for the person hiding the child. How could things ever be normal again? How does the child just "reappear"? I can't actually think of any cases where that has happened unless the parent fled with the child or in the case of a carjacking.

Until the police charge the Mom with kidnapping and haul her into jail, I just don't see it happening.

As for the Dad, there are plenty of scenarios since the child had a previous injury in his home. A cover-up is always a good reason to lie, imo. :cow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member