ME ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
J. REYNOLDS: The very first time he took Ayla for like a visit, he brought her to Chuck E. Cheese, and she came home with bruises on the right side of her face. There was some bruises on her leg.

And the story he gave us was that she was playing in the ball pit at Chuck E. Cheese and fighting with another child. Now, any parent would remove their child from that situation. Instead, I guess he let her keep fighting, and that`s why she came home with the bruises. Didn`t make sense.

She had bruises on her face??? She was fighting with another child? She's just a baby. I have a hard time believing that this baby was fighting with another child. JMO

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1112/20/ijvm.01.html

She had bruises on her face??? She was fighting with another child? She's just a baby. I have a hard time believing that this baby was fighting with another child. JMO
Wasn't there a recent video clip on this thread that showed Ayla playing in a tent with another child, kicking her and she was crying?

My butt is sore from sitting :fence:

Wasn't there a recent video clip on this thread that showed Ayla playing in a tent with another child, kicking her and she was crying?

My butt is sore from sitting :fence:

Yes, that was a recent clip from Justin's home movie. The other toddler was her little cousin, who may or may not have been sleeping in the same room that night. My butt is no longer sore because I fell off the fence.:fencefall::fencefall::fencefall:

TR has said that JD became defensive immediately when asked to explain Ayla's injuries. JD's written statements and interviews have centered primarily on defending himself in the face of TR's statements and public opinion. My best guess is that he was told he failed the LDT. Why else characterize the conclusion as irrelevant? When LE first said there must have been a "misunderstanding" and that family members were free to speak to the media, I thought LE has figured out how to push JD's buttons. He doesn't like being called out. That, along with JD's own account of his interrogations and the searches make it pretty clear what the focus of this investigation is.

I would be very surprised if drugs don't play a part somehow. There is nothing we know of that links JD to any drug use, but as he was once a part of TR's circle of friends, it's safe to say that at least some of his associates have drug histories. His gf's sister was arrested with 1000 hits of oxy. That's a serious amount. Think of the lengthly sentences the Cummings/Croslin gang received for a comparatively piddling amount of pills scrounged from people selling half their prescriptions. The gf resides with her sister. I suppose it's possible to share a home with someone (who happens to be her sister) and be unaware of the movement of a large quanity of drugs, but what are the chances? I'm thinking drugs were involved, not in any kidnapping for revenge or debt owed scenario, but resulting in careless or irrational behavior leading to tragedy. All MOO

Well stated, Deoneta!
I, too, keep coming back to the idea that drugs play a part in this case.
1.) There are known instances of individuals surrounding Ayla involved with alcohol/drugs
2.) Therefore, there is probably even more instances of drug involvement than we know. (Tip of the iceberg scenario)
3.) The difficulty of involved individuals to describe the accounts of what happened that night could be related to drug/alcohol use where people are not able to accurately recall and describe events due to impairment and/or "black outs".
3.) The absence of disclosure of information may also be due to fear of admitting involvement of illegal activity.
This is not relayed in judgement, but rather in known behavior relating to drug use. (When I say drug use I also include alcohol use.)
JMO

That's not fighting folks. JMO If the dad said Ayla was fighting with another child, I find that an odd way of describing it. Ayla is playing with the other child in the video. Toddlers use their feet. Maybe Justin isn't used to seeing that sort of play and called it 'fighting'. Kids can get hurt in the ball room easily (Chuck E Cheese), but it's not fighting.

I'm an only child and never was a hitter or got into any fights. The same with my daughter so I'm no judge of when a child is old enough to want to fight, but I know that lots of kids do hit and fight at some point. I think Ayla is too young for the ball pit period although I can't really remember what the ball pit is like at Chuckie Cheese. I am thinking of the MacDonald's pit where you routinely see middle schoolers racing around.
Whatever the ball pit was like, any sensible person would pull out a child of any age as soon as fighting ensues, but I'm not buying the ball pit story, anyway. All MOO.

ETA: I just looked at the tent video again. I wouldn't consider that fighting, more just playing and wiggling around.

DiPietro, 24, said the accident occurred on a rainy night in November, but he's unsure of the exact date.

Weather History for Waterville, Maine
http://www.almanac.com/weather/history/ME/Waterville/2011-11-30

Precipitation, inches
Nov. 30, 0.77
Nov. 29, 0.00
Nov.28 0.00
Nov. 27, 0.00
Nov. 26, 0.00
Nov. 25, 0.00
Nov. 24, 0.33
Nov. 23, 0.40
Nov. 22, 0.00
Nov. 21, 0.00
Nov. 20, 0.00
Nov. 19, 0.00
Nov. 18, 0.02
Nov. 17, 0.29

Article dated December 20:
Three weeks ago, Ayla broke her arm in what Massey has classified as an accidental fall. Her left arm was in a cast when she went missing.
http://bostonherald.com/news/regional/view/2011_1220mom_sought_custody_of_missing_maine_toddler

Three weeks from Dec 20 would be about November 30 which seems to have been a rainy day. One would think he'd remember if the accident happened on the 24th, Thanksgiving (would he have been shopping on TG?) and if it happened the day before TG he is probably unlikely to have had any driving classes scheduled the next day. December 20th is more than a month from 17th, the next rainy day in November, and it probably wouldn't be described as three weeks ago. So that would appear to leave Nov. 30.

(The caveat: Actually it's weather history from Augusta airport, 20 miles from Waterville. It's close enough to have pretty similar weather I think. But not certain it was an exact match.)

I'm an only child and never was a hitter or got into any fights. The same with my daughter so I'm no judge of when a child is old enough to want to fight, but I know that lots of kids do hit and fight at some point. I think Ayla is too young for the ball pit period although I can't really remember what the ball pit is like at Chuckie Cheese. I am thinking of the MacDonald's pit where you routinely see middle schoolers racing around.
Whatever the ball pit was like, any sensible person would pull out a child of any age as soon as fighting ensues, but I'm not buying the ball pit story, anyway. All MOO.

I agree. Ayla is not even two years old. She's too small for the ball pit IMO.

I agree. Ayla is not even two years old. She's too small for the ball pit IMO.

In our local Chuckee Cheese they used to have two ball pits. [ havent been there is several years though]

But they had one for toddlers and one for older kids. My friends kid loved the ball pit at 20 months old. But he only went into the younger one.

eta: Also, lots of dads let their little kids do all kinds of things they are not 'old enough' to do.

I have never been to a Chuck E. Cheese. Is it true that they have removed their ball pits?

And Chuck E. Cheese has actually removed ball pits at all of its locations, according to company spokesman Clayton Root.

The decision followed studies proving that ball pits harbor bacteria that pose a health risk to kids.
http://www.bundle.com/article/chuck-e-cheese-kills-kid-germs/
In the early 2000s, Chuck E. Cheese's removed their ball pits due to safety concerns and because the pits were a drain on resources, since children would frequently steal individual balls until the pits were far below capacity and unusable
Ball pit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's not fighting folks. JMO If the dad said Ayla was fighting with another child, I find that an odd way of describing it. Ayla is playing with the other child in the video. Toddlers use their feet. Maybe Justin isn't used to seeing that sort of play and called it 'fighting'. Kids can get hurt in the ball room easily (Chuck E Cheese), but it's not fighting.
The word 'fighting' is what Trista said. It may not have been the word Justin used. Whether Ayla was fighting, playing, etc., I believe she got the bruises from other than Justin. I'm not supporting Justin in everything, but I'm reserving judgement that he was responsible for any of Ayla's bruising.

Also, this ChuckECheese incident happened before Justin took custody that Trista ok'd. Living with Justin's mother couldn't eliminate any chances of Ayla getting hurt. We now see how this turned out.

I actually put some blame here on Child Protection Services or whatever organization placed Ayla with Justin and family. Justin obviously lacked in parenting skills.

I'm not going to post it because it shows two teeny tiny minor munchkins, but there's a YT video of these kids playing in a Chuck E. Cheese mini ball pit. The vid notes the action took place in March, 2009. So obviously not all CECs removed all ball pits in the early 2000s.

CECs are franchises, and franchise owners don't always follow the rules that "momma company" lays down.

Three of the four comments on that YT video referred to the removal of the ball pits. (That's why I looked it up...)
Is there a CEC in Portland or Waterville that still has them?

How come we don't know what time the adults went to sleep that night?

Three of the four comments on that YT video referred to the removal of the ball pits. (That's why I looked it up...)
Is there a CEC in Portland or Waterville that still has them?

From the CEC site, the only one I see listed in ME is this one:
166 Philbrook Avenue South Portland ME 4106 (207) 773-5550

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members