Me to Sharpton: You're FIRED!

Bernard McGuirk calls the Rutgers team "hos," but Sharpton is a "race-baiter"?

I'm not even sure I know what "race-baiter" means, but I can spell "hypocrite."

And Sharpton isn't a hypocrite?

I see. So until all black people are perfect, no black person may complain about discrimination. I'm sorry, but I don't follow your logic.

But some would say your assertion that your town in Arkansas is the "yard" of a New York City minister--simply because he and the majority of your neighbors share a certain skin color--is an unfortunate example of thinking of people only in terms of the "group" to which you assign them.

No, not what I am saying at all. I guess I can't explain myself clearly enough for you to understand, so I am not even going to try again.

No one is perfect. I know I am not. And I didn't assign my neighbors to any certain group. So, I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't try to do it for me. Any one can complain about racism, and the complaint will have merit.

Have a nice day Nova.

Alot of people don't agree with you, but I do.

Thank you White Rain. We all belong to the human race and I think we should all get along regardless of skin color, sexual orientation, or all of the other wonderful things that make us individuals.

And Sharpton isn't a hypocrite?

Sharpton is a hypocrite of the highest order. Like someone posted above, the "Rev" needs to brush up on the Ten Commandments, and I'll add the "Golden Rule" to that!

No, not what I am saying at all. I guess I can't explain myself clearly enough for you to understand, so I am not even going to try again.

No one is perfect. I know I am not. And I didn't assign my neighbors to any certain group. So, I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't try to do it for me. Any one can complain about racism, and the complaint will have merit.

Have a nice day Nova.

You, too, tez. For what it's worth, I chose my words carefully. I was NOT and am not accusing you of prejudice toward any group. But it does seem at times (and not just in your posts) that we are holding Sharpton to a special, and even impossible, standard.

Yes, Sharpton "specializes" in protesting discrimination (as he sees it) against African Americans. But most of us specialize in our jobs. How can anyone effectively demonstrate against ALL forms of racial prejudice?

(Edited to add: Sharpton may be a hypocrite, but simply saying it doesn't make it so. Nor does his failure to apply equal energy in addressing all instances of prejudice.)

I'm still trying to figure out what he meant by race-baiter. :waitasec:

I'm still trying to figure out what he meant by race-baiter. :waitasec:

Someone who is always introducing race into every plausible situation so that they can gain favor or an upper hand.

Cal

Someone who is always introducing race into every plausible situation so that they can gain favor or an upper hand.

Cal

Race was "introduced" as soon as the phrase "nappy headed hos" went out over the airwaves. That can't be blamed on Sharpton.

And hence, my contention that this particular producer calling anybody else a "race baiter" is ridiculous.

Race was "introduced" as soon as the phrase "nappy headed hos" went out over the airwaves. That can't be blamed on Sharpton.

And hence, my contention that this particular producer calling anybody else a "race baiter" is ridiculous.

Well...if that is your mold of responsibility, that is fine with me.

However, you then gotta take into account the following from ole Al Sharpton:

"If the Jews want to get it on, tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house".

and ole religious when he wants to be Al Sharpton calling jews "diamond merchants".

Not to mention the whole Tawana Brawley case

And we can't forget "We will not stand by and allow them to move this brother so that some white interloper can expand his business"

Let's also throw “White folks was in caves while we was building empires ... We taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it.” into the fire before putting it out.

Most notably of late, "As for the one Mormon running for office, those who really believe in God will defeat him anyways, so don't worry about that; that's a temporary situation."

It seems old Al proves my point that a black race baiter can say and do anything they want with immunity because anyone who dares point out their hypocracy is branded a racist by ole Al.

Cal

"If the Jews want to get it on, tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house".

and ole religious when he wants to be Al Sharpton calling jews "diamond merchants".

And we can't forget "We will not stand by and allow them to move this brother so that some white interloper can expand his business"

Let's also throw “White folks was in caves while we was building empires ... We taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it.” into the fire before putting it out.

Most notably of late, "As for the one Mormon running for office, those who really believe in God will defeat him anyways, so don't worry about that; that's a temporary situation."

It seems old Al proves my point that a black race baiter can say and do anything they want with immunity because anyone who dares point out their hypocracy is branded a racist by ole Al.

Cal

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Beautiful!

Cal

Congrats, Cal. You know how to Google.

But none of that changes the fact that Imus' program has engaged in "race baiting" for more than two decades. That the show's producer now calls Sharpton a "race baiter" is laughable.

Cal

Awesome post! :clap:

Congrats, Cal. You know how to Google.

But none of that changes the fact that Imus' program has engaged in "race baiting" for more than two decades. That the show's producer now calls Sharpton a "race baiter" is laughable.

Well, I am going to admit to not watching tales from the crypt, I mean Imus so I cannot comment with any certainty. You may be right.

What IMUS said was insensitive in today's PC climate but don't think for a minute that it was mean to be racially demeaning. I don't believe that for a minute. Most of the players were black and not one thing Imus said isn't part of those women's culture each and every day. The outrage is that a white man said it. Had it been Snoop Dog, it would have been laughed up.

Regardless, I am not defending him at all. However, trotting out a man who has other people's blood on his hands because of his constant race baiting and lying and stoking the flames of racism is preposterous.

But that's the modern day mold. You have jesse jackson with his love child, Heimie town, and admitting to spitting in white people's food lecturing the white man. You have al and his deadly past. They are good. White people bad.

What's worse is all the white people who are so damned afraid of their "racist" label that will align themselves with these fools, give them airtime, and legitimize their message of hate.

Let's put it this way, listen to the hate and racist statements that jesse and al spew forth each and every time they are given the chance. The white version of jesse jackson and al sharpton is the KKK.

Cal

But that's the modern day mold. You have jesse jackson with his love child, Heimie town, and admitting to spitting in white people's food lecturing the white man. You have al and his deadly past. They are good. White people bad.

What's worse is all the white people who are so damned afraid of their "racist" label that will align themselves with these fools, give them airtime, and legitimize their message of hate.

Let's put it this way, listen to the hate and racist statements that jesse and al spew forth each and every time they are given the chance. The white version of jesse jackson and al sharpton is the KKK.

Cal

Yeah, POOR white people. We have it SO bad. :rolleyes:

Thanks for comparing Jackson and Sharpton to an organization famous for lynching innocent people. That pretty much puts your entire post in perspective.

Thanks for comparing Jackson and Sharpton to an organization famous for lynching innocent people. That pretty much puts your entire post in perspective.

Thanks for helping me prove my point!

Cal

I've said this before - 2 wrongs don't make a right. Nova, respectfully, I don't buy into the collective guilt trip. No matter how good or bad people have it, it doesn't excuse racist behavior on their part - white or black. Until people stop using past wrongs to justify behavior they would not accept in others, we're going to be in a mess.

Eve

I've said this before - 2 wrongs don't make a right. Nova, respectfully, I don't buy into the collective guilt trip. No matter how good or bad people have it, it doesn't excuse racist behavior on their part - white or black. Until people stop using past wrongs to justify behavior they would not accept in others, we're going to be in a mess.

Eve

Eve, my friend, your posts are so invariably respectful, you hardly need to say it.

I didn't argue for a "collective guilt trip." I don't feel guilt for what my father did (and he's a crook), much less because distant ancestors of mine may have owned slaves. Guilt may occasionally be useful when it inhibits future misbehavior, but as a rule, I don't see the point of "guilt" for past actions that can't be undone.

And I don't believe I have said that racism on the part of blacks is "okay." But the chorus of whining that arises from white people every time an African American points out that discrimination still exists would be funny if it weren't so tragic.

So Sharpton and Jackson have made mistakes. So they have said and continue to say stupid things on occasion. The implication here that being human disqualifies them from bringing attention to injustice attempts to hold them to an impossible and unreasonable standard.

But until the Rev. Sharpton starts gathering his congregation to hang innocent white people, comparing him to the KKK is absurd. That some people think the comparison is reasonable--well, that's just sad.

Eve, my friend, your posts are so invariably respectful, you hardly need to say it.

I didn't argue for a "collective guilt trip." I don't feel guilt for what my father did (and he's a crook), much less because distant ancestors of mine may have owned slaves. Guilt may occasionally be useful when it inhibits future misbehavior, but as a rule, I don't see the point of "guilt" for past actions that can't be undone.

And I don't believe I have said that racism on the part of blacks is "okay." But the chorus of whining that arises from white people every time an African American points out that discrimination still exists would be funny if it weren't so tragic.

So Sharpton and Jackson have made mistakes. So they have said and continue to say stupid things on occasion. The implication here that being human disqualifies them from bringing attention to injustice attempts to hold them to an impossible and unreasonable standard.

But until the Rev. Sharpton starts gathering his congregation to hang innocent white people, comparing him to the KKK is absurd. That some people think the comparison is reasonable--well, that's just sad.

Thanks Nova, we probably don't disagree that much, either. I just feel in my gut (not my head) that people would be so much better off to go forward. To actually do so is complicated for some, I know. Of course discrimination still exists. It's just so hard to take it though, when those who purport to stand for equality act like bigots (or reverse bigots, or whatever you would call it) in their own right. I am a teacher and I believe in modeling behavior, I suppose. I don't like the KKK analogy either, but Sharpton, et. al. do not garner much respect from me, either, because of their myopic approach. You have all my respect, though Nova! :blowkiss:

Eve

Thanks Nova, we probably don't disagree that much, either. I just feel in my gut (not my head) that people would be so much better off to go forward. To actually do so is complicated for some, I know. Of course discrimination still exists. It's just so hard to take it though, when those who purport to stand for equality act like bigots (or reverse bigots, or whatever you would call it) in their own right. I am a teacher and I believe in modeling behavior, I suppose. I don't like the KKK analogy either, but Sharpton, et. al. do not garner much respect from me, either, because of their myopic approach. You have all my respect, though Nova! :blowkiss:

Eve

Ditto, I promise you, Eve. :blowkiss:

Neither Sharpton nor Jackson is my favorite public figure; I'm just trying to bring a little reason to a group reaction that borders on hysteria here.

From the beginning, I've said that firing Imus was an overreaction.

But the tidal wave of righteous indignation because an incredibly wealthy white man may make a few less millions can only make me wonder what people are thinking and feeling.

And while Sharpton's comment on a Mormon presidential candidate was idiotic, I'll wager it was no different than what thousands of other ministers think and even say. So why the intense focus on Rev. Al?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back