Media Links - NO DISCUSSION

Hallo All,

Been kinda re-looking at things. I don't know whether it was said here or not, but I found this:

http://www.mocountyillinois.com/
>>The father was working an overnight shift as a security guard for Joyce Meyers Ministry in St. Louis, according to a neighbor, who added he believed the mother worked as a waitress at a restaurant possibly in St. Louis. <<

She was a waitress maybe? Certainly if she was, someone is talking about her from work? Wonder if anyone can find someone who worked with her talking on the web? Might her husband have suspected that she might be having a relationship and/or saving up money to move away, might he have been exceedingly jealous -- maybe that was behind a plan?

Hmmm what is this and where did this info come from? The camera was aimed at the "mailbox?"
>>Their guard must have been up, given unspecified recent threats serious enough for them to notify police and aim a camera on the house at the mailbox. <<

If the camera was aimed at the mailbox, then it wasn't aimed at something else that might have been a problem to someone trying to get away with something?

Also this:
>>Leveque said she took her trash out and checked her mail about 1:30 a.m. Tuesday, just hours before the bodies were found. "I never saw anything," the 47-year-old said.<<

Someone in the neighborhood was up at 1:30AM and didn't see anything -- oh and it was obviously trash day coming.

This page says:
>>A law enforcement source said Coleman told investigators he had left home about 5:30 a.m. ... The source also said that someone had painted the words, "I told you this would happen," on a wall inside the house. There was no further explanation of its meaning. <<

Hmmm, although I know that someone who might have been threatening might put that on a wall (if that is true), it also seems that maybe a pissed off or jealous husband who thought his wife was leaving him and just found out about it might too, i.e. "If you even try to leave, your going to wake up and find yourself dead" kinda thing. To be honest this "I told you this would happen" (if it is true), really seems personal -- but I'd like to see the so-called threats and what they said.

Hmmm the threats...
>>Chris Coleman called from a gym and asked a Columbia police officer who had investigated "prior threats" related to the family for the check around 7 a.m. Tuesday, said Maj. Jeff Connor, a deputy commander of the major case squad of greater St. Louis. ... Connor declined to discussed details about the alleged threats. Some neighbors in the well-kept subdivision have also said the Colemans received threatening letters and that their mailbox was tampered with in the past week. <<

Also, I'm not sure we talked about the lake behind their house? It just hit me like a ton of bricks today -- I hadn't seen it.

Can a person swim in that or quietly kayak in it or snorkel? If they did, wouldn't they want a good scrub at a gym afterwards? Could the murderer have used the lake for leaving a crime scene, dumping murder weapons, etc. Has the lake been dredged for clues, or the shores been searched?

K-9 would be dog handlers?
>>An online posting on Classmates.com by Chris Coleman of the Class of '95 said he was in the Marines until 1999 as a K-9 military police officer and met his wife at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, where she was an Air Force K-9 officer.<<

So what would a murderer who might also have been a K-9 handler know about scents and protect themselves from? i.e. if they thought dogs might be brought in on a situation that they didn't want to be caught at, what would that dog handler do? So if dogs were brought in, the scent stops at the lake (one could say, "but the kids and I were fishing there the other day or playing or ??") And what's with the report of rolling around on the lawn -- did this REALLY happen at some point?

http://www.bnd.com/news/crime/story/757572.html
>>Neighbors called police Tuesday morning after they spotted Coleman yelling, crying and rolling on the lawn outside the two-story home, which overlooks a lake in the Columbia Lakes subdivision.<<

I don't get it -- did the police find the bodies or did the husband find the bodies? And...we can see that it has evidently been reported that neighbors saw this "rolling" -- and I have to tell you that the "rolling" seems SO strange that it seems "deliberate" (maybe even an afterthought, oops, forgot this...kinda thing). Could rolling on the lawn get a certain scent on you or off you or -- what purpose would that serve? Is it possible that the grass could have been treated with something in advance, something that would confuse a dog trying to scent for something?

If this was a "plan" -- I don't think any particular move was not "thought out" and "deliberate" -- but I suspect that if this "was" a plan, a beat was missed and someone is going to catch it.

I keep seeing the front of the house, but what about the back of the house? What about the lake, what about the edges of the lake. Also, just how is it that this occurred on trash day (above ref about neighbor who took out their trash -- seems kinda convenient.) Okay, so the police went through the trash...I hoped they also told the trash company to make sure that this particular neighborhood trash was dumped somewhere that could be further searched.

Also...was the father's driver's seat of this car OR this car searched for "lake smells" or "lake" material?

Loose thoughts ... I'm betting LE has so much more but they are dotting i's and crossing t's.

W

The comments on the articles on the St Louis Post site, stltoday.com are interesting. There are a lot of comments.

Several struck me. One from someone who knew/grew up with Chris in Chester, said
"Chester_Yellow_Jackets May 7, 2009 11:02AM CST
This is very sad.I went to Chester High School with Chris,I cant begin to believe he has anything to do with this.He comes from a good family.I havent seen Chris in years but I heard he is all Jacked up and works out now.In school he was always a lil dude.This whole thing has freaked me out and I keep watching for an update or an arrest.I just hope it wont be Coleman."

Also some interesting posts from a neighbor.

"luckyone40 May 7, 2009 10:54AM CST
The police are looking for something, I live right around the corner from this house and when they came and questioned all of the neighbors they did say to be on the lookout for something. I don't want to say what it is since <snipped>

"luckyone40 May 7, 2009 1:17PM CST
Another thing, we had our windows wide open that night/morning. <snipped>

Someone asked luckyone40 to clarify if police asking for a specific item

"luckyone40 May 7, 2009 1:33PM CST
Yes, they did say to be on the lookout.... <snipped>

In other posts, comments, people have mentioned that police where on the Mississippi River bridge on I255 yesterday or last night, not sure when, didn't have traffic stopped, but were on sides of bridge looking for something. The speculation is a spray paint can. Luckyone40 has not said exactly if this is what LE was asking about, but, other posters have said this.

New article on fox St Louis

COLUMBIA, IL (KTVI - FOX2now.com) - The investigation into a triple murder in Columbia, Illinois is now crossing state lines into Missouri. While there still is no named suspect in the killings of a mother and her two sons, police are confirming new information about the whereabouts of the man who lost his wife and children. Police now say Christopher Coleman was not working the night before his wife 31 year old Sheri, and sons 11 year old Garrett and 9 year old Gavin, were found dead inside their home."

More at link

Hello All,

http://www.fox2now.com/ktvi-triple-murder-9p-050609,0,4426293.story
>>Connor says Coleman has been interviewed, as a number of people have been, and he was released. "We don't have tabs on him or anything like that," says Connor.<<

Huh? If he is in danger why not? If he is a possible suspect why not?

And...
>>Major Case Squad detectives continued a search of the property Wednesday night. But the home on Robert Drive in Columbia is not the only home under surveillance. A home where the Coleman family lived three years ago in south St. Louis County was also under watch by an armed guard. That home, when the Colemans lived in it, was owned by Joyce Meier Ministries. That is Christopher Coleman's employer. He worked as a security guard.<<

Wuh? Why watching the former home?

This is where the whole thing gets more wierd :(

W

I find it very strange they have an armed guard at a house they lived in 3 years ago. Are they waiting for a search warrant? What could be the interest of LE in the house?

The article doesn't mention if someone else is living there now. Could the person who is living there just be paranoid someone may come to the wrong address and are afraid? Since it appears to be owned by JMM, I wonder if Chris knows them? Hmmm...

Connor says Coleman has been interviewed, as a number of people have been, and he was released. "We don't have tabs on him or anything like that," says Connor.

Major Case Squad detectives continued a search of the property Wednesday night. But the home on Robert Drive in Columbia is not the only home under surveillance. A home where the Coleman family lived three years ago in south St. Louis County was also under watch by an armed guard. That home, when the Colemans lived in it, was owned by Joyce Meier Ministries. That is Christopher Coleman's employer. He worked as a security guard.

http://www.fox2now.com/ktvi-triple-murder-9p-050609,0,4426293.story <<This has a video which shows the truck and man outside of the former house. Hmmm...doesn't look like LE unless he is undercover in which case...his cover has been blown by the neighbors. LOL

Here is another video showing a good arial of the current house and the lake behind it.:

http://www.fox2now.com/ktvi-triple-murder-columbia-050609,0,5967181.story

It sure isn't looking good for Coleman.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=174609&catid=3

Law enforcement sources say neighbors reported hearing loud screaming and fighting around 3 a.m. Tuesday. Later that morning, sources say the father, Chris Coleman, went to exercise at the south county Gold's Gym. He then called police just before 7 a.m. when he couldn't reach his family by phone. Police discovered Coleman's wife and sons. All had apparently been strangled.

Still No Arrests In Illinois Triple Murder Video
Investigation Into Columbia Triple Murder Broadens

New information Thursday night about the murders of a mother and her two young sons in Columbia, Illinois. A source tells us Major Case Squad detectives are working outside the St. Louis area trying to find someone who knows the victims' family well.

31 year old Sheri Coleman and her two sons, nine year old Gavin and 11 year old Garrett, were all found by police murdered inside the family's Columbia, Illinois home on Robert Drive Tuesday morning.

Our source says the person the Major Case Squad is looking to talk with has critical information in the case.

http://www.fox2now.com/ktvi-triple-murder-folo-050709,0,3485935.story (Bolded by me)

On the video, the male neighbor says he heard screaming the night before the murders, but doesn't give a specific time.

It also shows his father's home and the church. No comments from the family.

What time is the visitation supposed to start? I always wonder how family's of the victims handle the situation where the murderer is only suspected at that point, but entitled to be there.

Speaking of which, I wonder if Chris will show up?
Since it is being held at his father's church, I bet he does show up with his family (and probably his attorney if he has one).

I have known victims' families to bar the suspected husband from the service, but I don't expect it in this case because of the Pastor being his father.

Meanwhile, the family has made arrangements for a funeral. A visitation for Sheri, Garett and Gavin will take place from 4-8 p.m. tomorrow (Friday) at Grace Church Ministries in Chester, Chris Coleman&#8217;s hometown. Coleman&#8217;s father, the Rev. Ronald Coleman, is a pastor at the church.

http://suburbanjournals.stltoday.co...special_feature/doc4a03397931001676247277.txt (Bolded by me)

http://www.bnd.com/news/crime/story/760589.html

The woman, Sheri Coleman, removed her name Oct. 6 from the deed of the house, located at 2854 Robert Drive, according to Monroe County recorder of deed's records. She signed before a notary. Whether the action was related to debt-managment was unavailable. Coleman and her husband, Chris Coleman, 32, led a church-based personal finance class from their home earlier this year.

more at link.......

The couple led a class in their home for eight weeks beginning Sept. 16 titled "Financial Peace: Dumping Debt and Cash Flow Planning" through their church. They teaching other couples how to get out of debt, stay out of debt and budget using the methods of Dave Ramsey, creator of Financial Peace University, a Biblically based training series for adults.

A message on the Destiny Church Web site from lead pastors Jim and Jessica Stern said: "Many of us in the Destiny family are mourning and rightly so, but let us not forget that God always finds a way to turn things intended for evil into something good."

Sheri Coleman also was a member of World Outreach Missions.

If we find they were in financial straits, it could be a motive which gained strength in his mind because he could not allow the people they taught to know he was in trouble. He wasn't "practicing what he preached". (Didn't they say the "threats" started about 6 months ago?)

The family also is survived by: Sheri Coleman's parents, Donald Weiss of Clearwater, Fla., and Angela DeCiceo, of La Grange Park; Sheri Coleman's brother, Mario Weiss, of La Grange; Chris Coleman's parents, the Rev. Ronald and Connie Coleman, of Chester; Chris Coleman's brothers, Bradley (Jennifer) Coleman, of Chester, and Keith (Emily) Coleman, of Rogers, Ark.; and nieces, nephews, grandparents, uncles, aunts and cousins.

Memorials may be made to Family Choice, in care of Grace Church Ministries, 2100 State St. in Chester

Someone needs to make sure the MCS is aware of this.

ETA - I called it in. The detective that talked to me was very interested and took down all the information, and then read it all back to me. Thanked me and the person who found this.

Thanks! I got called away to dinner. Could be just a creepy coincidence, or not. . . And it appears that Brad is a part time cop - who would also know how ghastly things are done.

http://www.chesterill.com/index.php?id=70

Now, I wonder if one brother would cover for the other? Could Chris have been gone all night and come home to the debacle? And left again? Could it have been Brad and Sheri doing the yelling?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back