Media Links - NO DISCUSSION

Did anyone see this:

>>curious11 May 8, 2009 1:16PM CST
I've enjoyed reading these comments that past few days. I am actually a neighbor who been hearing all sorts of lives down the street so I've heard some things. One thing that I do know is that the "killer/invader" entered through the walkout basement window. It looked as though the window was open (not broken/forced entry...it just looked like the screen was torn. Now...here's my question...(which goes along with the theory of the open garage) Why would you leave your downstairs window open overnight, you sleep upstairs 2 flights, all while you are so worried of these death threats??<<

also:
>>The entry through the downstairs window is speculation through the observations and comments made on the day of the murders. This is not confirmed so don't take my word for it...but that is a theory of how the person entered.<<

is there a link, to the article showing the .......I told you this would happen........​

does that indicate only one monster involved........since it was not.....We told you this would happen?.......or perhaps LE said it was I instead of We, so not to release the whole accurate message?...unsure

but there not interested in POI from the public, just wanting to know, chat with anyone whom knew the family, had interactions with them.......​

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...D7C7D6BF29D40EBB862575B1000C7002?OpenDocument

(snip)
Police would not give details of what Christopher Coleman has said in interviews. A law enforcement source said Coleman told detectives he had left home about 5:30 a.m. The source also said someone had painted the words, "I told you this would happen," on a wall inside the house.

Hello Fran,

Thanks for that article. It backs what was said here:

>>Oilio May 9, 2009 12:03AM CST
As someone from Sheri's family up in Chicago, I can tell you that we are not all sitting here suspecting Chris. Yes, as the other poster said, it is true Chris did not call Sheri's family....but I see that as being immature and not knowing what to say. We are all deeply, deeply saddened by this tragedy. It is very tough on a lot of people and our hearts are broken. But we are not posting bad things about Chris or posting assumptions. We trust that the police will find the person(s) responsible for this atrocity. You all should know though....it hasn't been in the papers yet...but there will be no burial Saturday. I can't say any more....but there will be no burial Saturday. And to all of you making assumptions. It's not for us to judge or make accusations. Please leave the police to do their jobs. Thank you.<<

As a note Fran and all, at the article Fran posted, "Oilio" has again written and made further explanation of some things.

W

Are they insinuating something by this remark?

A private funeral was held at Christopher Coleman’s father’s church, Grace Church Ministries, in Chester on Saturday morning. The parking lot was filled. A blonde woman wearing black stood alone on a hill near the church.

http://www.bnd.com/100/story/762070.html

They added more:

udontbelievethatdou May 9, 2009 11:26PM CST
not stirring anything...just contributing a bit of information I received from a source close to the investigation. The only the I may have a little off is the 11 hours...not sure it was from the time he made the call or from the time the autopsy was done...either way they were killed when Chris Coleman was still at home with them... watch and see, the information will be released shortly<<

A few things from this article to add to the info here:

"Sources close to the case said investigators traveled to Florida last week to interview a woman said to be a friend of Sheri Coleman's..."

"Chris Coleman, 32, who works security for televangelist Joyce Meyer in Jefferson County, has hired well-known Clayton criminal defense attorneys Arthur Margulis and his son, William."

The article discusses things dealing with the change on the funeral arrangement in Chicago... (evidently this court document is available somewhere in pdf, according to someone on one of the newspaper chat pages.)

Edit: MikesMomMom already linked to the pdf here

Edit: the following was from one of the newspaper articles, the pdf shows things a bit differently
Chris offered, then changed his mind (cost); family said they would pick up all costs -- Chris agreed; then 1PM Thurs Chris again changed his mind; Chris told family they were more than welcome to come to Chester. One of Sheri's cousins said the goal "was to allow family members and friends who could not travel to Chester to have the opportunity to pay their last respects." Also stated they don't want to fight about this.

Also...this article

>>Police are still sifting through evidence collected in the case, which involves surveillance footage and a report of prior police action at the residence due to the family's contact with an "unknown individual."<<

Hmmmm I hadn't seen anything like the above before.

W

Sources close to the case said investigators traveled to Florida last week to interview a woman said to be a friend of Sheri Coleman's. The woman and other mutual friends did not respond to messages seeking comment.

Chris Coleman, 32, who works security for televangelist Joyce Meyer in Jefferson County, has hired well-known Clayton criminal defense attorneys Arthur Margulis and his son, William.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...74A63CA512CC24EA862575B2000C3636?OpenDocument

It sounds like the press knows her identity. (We need to find her, too!)

Now...why would JMM be hiring a criminal defense attorney? This is VERY interesting to me.

In discussions of a house that an "armed security guard" lived at "close to where Joyce Meyer lives" ... perhaps this is that house in a mention here from a 2003 series the SLPD did on Joyce Meyer Ministries.

"Security is important to Meyer, who says she has received death threats. She has a division of the ministry dedicated to her safety. Her officers wear pistols; they guard the headquarters’ front gate, keeping out anyone but employees and invited guests.

The ministry bought a $145,000 house where the security chief lives rent-free to keep him close to the ministry’s headquarters."

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...C5099399D2FCC5FA86256DDF00661C5F?OpenDocument

Greetings SeriouslySearching,

Haven't had a chance to read this whole page yet, but you wrote:

>>Chris Coleman, 32, who works security for televangelist Joyce Meyer in Jefferson County, has hired well-known Clayton criminal defense attorneys Arthur Margulis and his son, William.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/new...6?OpenDocument

It sounds like the press knows her identity. (We need to find her, too!)

Now...why would JMM be hiring a criminal defense attorney? This is VERY interesting to me. <<

I don't think JMM hired the attorney, it appears to have been Chris "who works security for..." that did the hiring.

W

"Chris Coleman is the son of Pastor Ron Coleman of Grace Church in Chester. Chris graduated from Chester High School in 1995 and joined the United States Marine Corps and was a K-9 handler in the military assigned to the United States Secret Service. He married his wife Sheri in August of 1997."

This is the most likely explanation of a Quantico, VA address .. Coleman's assignment with the Secret Service.

http://www.suntimesnews.com/2/news/2009/05-May/0506police.htm

Also, "Chris is the director of the private security department for Joyce Meyer Ministries. Neighbors told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that Coleman&#8217;s family had been receiving threatening letters in their mailbox and those threats dealt with Coleman&#8217;s job."

(from above link)

"There was a call from the husband asking them to check the status of them and they went to the scene and actually found the victims just prior to the husband coming home," said Major Jeff Conner, Major Case Squad.

http://www.fox2now.com

Would the police have broken into the home to check on the family? NO, I don't think so. That leaves me to belive the door must have been unlocked.
IMO

From ABC Chicago regarding Coleman's "reaction" which has been called into scrutiny..

"Neighbor Harold Rushing, 77, said Chris Coleman was visibly upset Tuesday morning, flailing his arms as two police officers restrained him by the shoulders."

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/state&id=6798129

"Police had previous contact with Sheri and Chris Coleman related to "some interaction between an unknown individual and them," said Jeff Connor, deputy commander of the major case squad of greater St. Louis. He declined to elaborate.

Neighbors in the well-kept subdivision of ranch-style homes said the Coleman family received threatening letters and their mailbox was tampered with in the past week."

also from ABC Chicago
===========
Though I can't cite the source, I've read in several stories online that Coleman called a policeman who lived in the neighborhood for a "welfare check" and that the policeman was also aware of the threatening letters.

It seems plausible that concern would arise in light of the recent events

And I've also read that it was Coleman's custom to call his wife and children in the a.m. even when he was on the road to say "hello" and to talk to the children before they left for school. This seems plausible in that he reportedly worked the overnight shift so he possibly did not get home to see the boys before they headed off to school. Finally, it has been reported it was his "habit" to work out in the early morning hours so one could assume that he left his night shift for a trip to the gym before heading home to sleep and prepare for the next night's shift.

Just thinking ... that's all. :)

I found the news link in a post a few pages back confirming he didn't work that night. Also has video there of the family. Heartbreaking.

http://www.fox2now.com/ktvi-triple-murder-9p-050609,0,4426293.story
snip:
While there still is no named suspect in the killings of a mother and her two sons, police are confirming new information about the whereabouts of the man who lost his wife and children. Police now say Christopher Coleman was not working the night before his wife 31 year old Sheri, and sons 11 year old Garrett and 9 year old Gavin, were found dead inside their home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back