Members please take the time and help us out.

Yes sweetie for now we do. I know I love my pictures also but until we get this problem fixed we have to.
Didn't even know that was there - I didn't put those there - who put those there? We have to get rid of our cutesy little pics too???

I agree with you! I would do ANYTHING to keep WS running! Maybe we need to have a small service fee too. If we all paid a dollar or two each month...or send in 15 dollars a year...it would be something to help upgrade the server or whatever it takes to keep us going!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!

:p
ROTFLMAO...
deanws for right now sweetie you need to remove your siggy pix's. I know it hurts cuz you know how I love my graphics but we all have to stick together until we get through this rough time with WS and if we all work together we should be able to stop crashing so much.

Just a thought here admin...Can you change the defaults systemwide? I reply to threads and don't always remember to change the pull down to "do not subscribe". There were very few in my list that were ones that I wanted there. If you made everyone manually pick if they wanted emails when there was a post on that particular thread I bet you would cut out 90% of the traffic you have going on.

Tricia will be setting the default as soon as she can get to it and in the mean time that is why I'm asking everyone to clean everything out. :) Thank you all..

Done!

Thanks for all the work you folks put in keeping this place running. I'll do anything I can to keep the boat steady :)

I just went to menu, tracking messages.
Had a bunch, deleted all.:blushing:
Think everyone should check there "tracking messages" too.

Good idea. Just went there and had about 600 of them that I deleted. I don't have the subscribed thread option in use so that wasn't an issue. We all need to help with this situation.

My siggy is deleted too. Thank you Tricia and all the mods!!

PaperDoll no we can't at this time if we want to keep WS going.
No siggy pics? :( No one will know it's me if I don't scream the loudest.. :D Can we post little siggy pics? yes? no? maybe? STFU PD and just do what you are told? ok :eek:

Once we get everything taken care of then we will be able to have our siggy's back I promise. :)

All clear here.Anything to help W/S to stay up.And a Big THanks to Tricia .

OK, no siggie and I now feel naked. But we're up and running! :dance:

We need all our members to help us I did not realize that in our user cp that our subcribed threads are saved and generate emails. I need everyone to go to this link and please delete subcribed threads I had 70 pages of them and that is taking up so so much bandwidth and with us having server problems if everyone deletes these subcribed threads it's going to help clean up our software and bandwidth.
I'm enclosing the link please click on it and delete just like you do when cleaning up your pm box. Also please remove pictures from your siggy.
Thank you so much
WindChime

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription&folderid=0

You aren't going to believe this, but I deleted all subscribed threads except one yesterday as soon as WS came back online. I just had this feeling that it was using system resources...

One thing- there is a mode to subscribe to every thread the user posts to automatically. That has to be unchecked too.

Thanks, WindChime!!!

I still think my cat should be allowed to stay - he's kinda become a WS icon, but oh well..........

Did it - that was hard, now I feel really really bad - poor cat.

I agree with you! I would do ANYTHING to keep WS running! Maybe we need to have a small service fee too. If we all paid a dollar or two each month...or send in 15 dollars a year...it would be something to help upgrade the server or whatever it takes to keep us going!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!

:p
I am in on that--- I think there should be a membership fee- we certainly all get alot out of this site,and no reason Tricia should soley foot the bill for our enjoyment-

We need all our members to help us I did not realize that in our user cp that our subcribed threads are saved and generate emails. I need everyone to go to this link and please delete subcribed threads I had 70 pages of them and that is taking up so so much bandwidth and with us having server problems if everyone deletes these subcribed threads it's going to help clean up our software and bandwidth.
I'm enclosing the link please click on it and delete just like you do when cleaning up your pm box. Also please remove pictures from your siggy.
Thank you so much
WindChime

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription&folderid=0

I have a question about the board's sys. resources. Do we need to clean out PMs and stop sending them for now?
Thanks,
Maria

I'd totally be willing to pay for a membership!

I am wondering if the pics in peoples sigs are causing a problem, what is the "show us your pic" thread doing to the server- there are page upon page upon page upon threads of pics there? any connection? did it just finally hit overload because of all those pics posted?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back