Members please take the time and help us out.

I had no subcribed threads nor tracking of any kind and i deleted a paltry few PMs, but isn't this all part of the 'service' Tricia pays handsomely for for her users?

the company which now owns the server is a big fat cheat. there: i've said it. :furious: :furious: :furious:

I am in on that--- I think there should be a membership fee- we certainly all get alot out of this site,and no reason Tricia should soley foot the bill for our enjoyment-

And there are some who really couldn't afford a membership fee. i remember Tricia turning the idea down flat in the past. it wasn't the way she wanted to go.

And there are some who really couldn't afford a membership fee. i remember Tricia turning the idea down flat in the past. it wasn't the way she wanted to go.
I understand- but I think 10 or 15 dollars is more than reasonable- I didnt mean 100 dollars= if every member here sent 10 dollars, I would hope it would more than help- I have noooooooooooooo idea what it cost Tricia a month- but I would certainly send a " fee" to offset her cost- I know she doesnt want to "MAKE" money- but I owuld like to help her pay for the cost

Ok folks..If you look at our member base you will see that there are a few thousand members..BUT..only a couple hundred are posters..most of the member base are people who do not post. like they are just here taking up the bandwidth..so if the member base was pruned on a regular bases then there wouldn't be all these unused hats in the member base..But if y'all like to think there are thousands and thousands of members, well then who am I to come up with a suggestion?

Ok folks..If you look at our member base you will see that there are a few thousand members..BUT..only a couple hundred are posters..most of the member base are people who do not post. like they are just here taking up the bandwidth..so if the member base was pruned on a regular bases then there wouldn't be all these unused hats in the member base..But if y'all like to think there are thousands and thousands of members, well then who am I to come up with a suggestion?

A lot of lurkers. :)

i was a lurker for much of last year. i'd have been sad to have been 'pruned'. :(

Maybe all those members that haven't posted in the last umteen months should be deleted, too - that's taking up quite a bit of space. Someone needs to clear that out........

A lot of lurkers. :)

i was a lurker for much of last year. i'd have been sad to have been 'pruned'. :(

lol...I was 'pruned' last week and it made me sad.....

Already removed my siggy pic and am in the process of deleting my subscriptions. I'm one of the ones who had no idea and was automatically subscribed to every thread I've ever posted in - there's over 2000. I followed the tip to not subscribe now, so it won't be a problem in the future.

Already removed my siggy pic and am in the process of deleting my subscriptions. I'm one of the ones who had no idea and was automatically subscribed to every thread I've ever posted in - there's over 2000. I followed the tip to not subscribe now, so it won't be a problem in the future.

Well my cat's loose - somewhere in cyberspace now and wouldn't you know it, I get an email from some female cat who is telling me I owe her cat support now -- she even included a picture.

BAD POCO - BAD BAD BAD!!!!!!!

Would not mind sending in a subscription fee...we could do it on a voluntary basis!

This may sound like a silly question, :p but why are you all adding pictures to your post when WC asked that they be deleted? I'm not getting it.

When you all are talking about deleting inactive members, I can see that if they are somehow taking up bandwidth. When you are talking about banning lurkers, then aren't you suggesting that the entire WS forum be made private?

I really think the creation of a private forum would hurt the causes WS supports- discussing true crime cases, finding the lost and missing, and well, being web sleuths. A person doesn't have to post a word to learn things here and formulate new theories which might lead to a case being solved.

Once we get everything taken care of then we will be able to have our siggy's back I promise. :)

I deleted my somewhat long signature line. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help in this effort.

Deleted my siggy pic for you WindChime!! Many thanks to you, Tricia, Jeana, Chico, and all of our great moderators for keeping WS such a great place!!

I deleted mine :eek:

Don't know if a pic in the thread is the same as a perm. pic. in a siggy line, but better safe than sorry.

You're cool Rino. :)
I wouldn't post a pic right now for anything out of respect for the forum admins. ( even if I did know how, ROFLOL).

Done. (Didn't have any.) You guys are great. The server...not so much. Would you consider sharing its name, as a public service?

I think Pene was suggesting that inactive members be deleted and pruned from the data base. That removes unnecessary 'stuff' from the server.
It has NOTHING to do with keeping out lookers and readers. ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back