Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
In light of this recent incident - maybe Jenny simply left him. Maybe she didn't like him anymore. Maybe she's somewhere where the news of her being 'missing' hasn't reached her yet. Have they checked whether she used her passport out of Mexico? (sorry if this has been asked and answered already)

This is a huge part of the problem. The only things we know, except for an article (or two?) about her parents searching, are what JR says, often ambiguously; there's nothing from officials. For instance, this article says she never got on the flight to Cuba. It does not say how that was determined (would the airline tell him? does he have the ticket?) or provide any additional information, eg, the ticket has never been used, it was refunded, or it was changed to another day.

We haven't heard the normal things we'd hear early on in a missing person's case from officials or from family members. Many times when people have asked for more specific information or made reasonable suggestions on the Find Jenny page, their comments have been dismissed or even deleted. For example, volunteers spreading the word to Cancun, her next intended stop, via social media was firmly shot down as being "not relevant." It would cost nothing, hurt nothing, and possibly help locate Jenny, but somehow it's "not relevant."

Okay, at this point I say: "What do you take me for, a fool?" At 5pm he's "very intoxicated" and just "wandered" into a brothel? That was raided? Some people have so much bad luck, it's amazing.

I have to admit, I've always wondered why my life is so very un-punctuated with things like men friends/family getting arrested at brothels (merely there for back rubs, of course) and being "very intoxicated" publicly. Yes, publicly. If he was "very intoxicated and wandered into" this establishment, then he had to, at some point, cross the sidewalk to get there, no? That's public intoxication. He wasn't sitting home, drowning his sorrows, and had a few too many. He was out in public, polluted.

Unfortunately, I don't think Jenny Chen is back home in China or backpacking around southern Mexico. I think she is missing and likely dead. I also think a serious inquiry into this is only likely to come from her family. Does anyone know any more about their activities and information in relation to finding Jenny?

Regarding the BBM above...this bit below is for consideration...

Snipped from the translated article...
...After much investigation, Mexican police provided encouraging information to prove that Chen is still in late May in the south of Mexico and more hitchhiking trip.

Translated: https://translate.google.com/transl...//mx.china-embassy.org/chn/lsfw1/t1371117.htm
Original article: http://mx.china-embassy.org/chn/lsfw1/t1371117.htm

:thinking:

(So do her parents think she is still backpacking in southern MX???)

ETA: the original post by slowpoke from the first thread, bringing to light Jenny's parents having been to MX in their own search for Jenny...THANK YOU slowpoke http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...*endangered-American*&p=12621131#post12621131

Where is Jenny?

:candle:

Jenny's FB page has changed a lot (the first pic with all comments has been deleted, and I think a friend added?). Maybe this has been discussed. It's beyond creepy. Do your spouses have your FB passwords? Is that a thing? I cannot relate to that.

Jenny's FB page has changed a lot (the first pic with all comments has been deleted, and I think a friend added?). Maybe this has been discussed. It's beyond creepy. Do your spouses have your FB passwords? Is that a thing? I cannot relate to that.

Yes, the deleted comments happened today, I think. It was mentioned here in connection to one post I talked about last night, and when I went to look, all outsider posts were gone. I was surprised it hadn't happened sooner, actually. The comments really needed to go IMO. The new friend is recent and seems rather disconnected from Jenny, so it's weird. I have my FB password written down, but my husband would have to look for it if I went missing. :)

People do that (share PWs AND accounts with their spouse). It's so weird. Maybe she was hacked. I feel like, in his prolific-ness, he would have done that long before now ...

I am just catching up on this case. I am getting a picture of a young woman who possibly fled an abusive husband and doesn't want to be found. Do we know how Jenny met her husband? I know men often look for younger foreign women/potential wives on dating sites. The arrest for prostitution at an Asian Massage parlor is very interesting. I hope Jenny is safe, wherever she is, but she may have been killed and by someone who knows her. Does anyone know if the police have ruled out the possibility that her husband traveled with her to Mexico and then returned home? Any savvy traveler knows that it is unsafe for a woman to backpack alone in Mexico at present. It is my opinion only, but everything about this is off to me, including the FB activity.

I am just catching up on this case. I am getting a picture of a young woman who possibly fled an abusive husband and doesn't want to be found. Do we know how Jenny met her husband? I know men often look for younger foreign women/potential wives on dating sites. The arrest for prostitution at an Asian Massage parlor is very interesting. I hope Jenny is safe, wherever she is, but she may have been killed and by someone who knows her. Does anyone know if the police have ruled out the possibility that her husband traveled with her to Mexico and then returned home? Any savvy traveler knows that it is unsafe for a woman to backpack alone in Mexico at present. It is my opinion only, but everything about this is off to me, including the FB activity.

Just to quickly clarify...we don't know that he went to an Asian massage parlor. Since many of them are, we were speculating.

He was working in China and she met him somewhere that Chinese go to practice English around 2008 IIRC. Her opening line was "Do you like Kentucky Fried Chicken?" She was about 18 and they married in 2013, so apparently knew each other about five years.

We only know what JR has told us through MSM or on the FB page. So we don't know what the police have done or ruled out with any degree of certainty. According to the Chinese Embassy article, LE told her parents that Jenny was still backpacking in May. JR strongly disputes this. According to Jenny's FB page it appears she went to Mexico alone and took a bus from Tijuana to Mexico City. Whether JR joined her later or not is hard to know from FB.

He claims that he tried to dissuade her from going but that she is stubborn and was determined. One of her goals was to face her fears, so she didn't avoid risk. JMO

I am not understanding... He said massage parlor but when I look up his charges(Sexual Exploitation) that were posted the definition involve youth and *advertiser censored*. It may just be the wording used by that police dept. or maybe that place was known to have underage girls or the word has more than one meaning.
I ask this as I still wonder whether Jenny ran away from WA and her relationship with JR or she was taken in Mexico.

Sent from my SCH-I545

I am not understanding... He said massage parlor but when I look up his charges(Sexual Exploitation) that were posted the definition involve youth and *advertiser censored*. It may just be the wording used by that police dept. or maybe that place was known to have underage girls or the word has more than one meaning.
I ask this as I still wonder whether Jenny ran away from WA and her relationship with JR or she was taken in Mexico.

Sent from my SCH-I545

Can you post the link to the charges? I have not been able to find anything online. Thank you!

Sent from my SCH-I545

I thought the same thing at first, Lisa. The general category is Sexual Exploitation, which usually refers to children. But after looking at the number of the law he broke, it isn't about children. Apparently Seattle includes his charge in that category.

ETA: Seattle changed "patronizing a prostitute" to "sexual exploitation" which apparently is quite controversial.
http://reason.com/blog/2015/01/14/seattle-change-to-prostitution-code

I thought the same thing at first, Lisa. The general category is Sexual Exploitation, which usually refers to children. But after looking at the number of the law he broke, it isn't about children. Apparently Seattle includes his charge in that category.
Thanks, Lilibet!

Sent from my SCH-I545

Just to quickly clarify...we don't know that he went to an Asian massage parlor. Since many of them are, we were speculating.

He was working in China and she met him somewhere that Chinese go to practice English around 2008 IIRC. Her opening line was "Do you like Kentucky Fried Chicken?" She was about 18 and they married in 2013, so apparently knew each other about five years.

We only know what JR has told us through MSM or on the FB page. So we don't know what the police have done or ruled out with any degree of certainty. According to the Chinese Embassy article, LE told her parents that Jenny was still backpacking in May. JR strongly disputes this. According to Jenny's FB page it appears she went to Mexico alone and took a bus from Tijuana to Mexico City. Whether JR joined her later or not is hard to know from FB.

He claims that he tried to dissuade her from going but that she is stubborn and was determined. One of her goals was to face her fears, so she didn't avoid risk. JMO

In virtually every big city in the US that I have lived in the *happy ending massage parlors* are always Asian. I have known male friends who have frequented them. I have no judgement around it as long as the women are of legal age and doing so by choice. These friends travel to places like Thailand and the Philippines quite regularly and it's very common to pop in for a happy ending massage in those countries. I don't judge sex-workers. JR is a well seasoned traveler. He knew exactly what he was doing and IMO, this likely wasn't his first time. My only question is was this place known for underage girls? I notice that Jenny was very young when they first got involved. I'm just looking at patterns and trying to fit the pieces of the puzzle together to create a clearer picture. MOO.

ETA: Seattle changed "patronizing a prostitute" to "sexual exploitation" which apparently is quite controversial.
http://reason.com/blog/2015/01/14/seattle-change-to-prostitution-code

Perhaps minors were working at the massage parlor?
These places are horrible. Human trafficking, sexual exploitation of minors etc...

People will eventually reveal their true selves if you allow them time to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has been stated that JR met Jenny in China in 2008. She is 26 now. That means he began seeing her when she was a 17 or 18. She was just a child. JR has stated that Jenny was granted permanent residency in the US. I know from experience that during this process you are advised not travel outside of the country until you receive this. It might offer an explanation as to why she left him and went off on her own. She had the freedom to do so once she received her green card.

I usually give people whose spouse is missing the benefit of the doubt. But with JR I don't have a good feeling, I don't trust him. He might not have anything directly to do with Jenny's disappearance but I feel he isn't honest and transparent. jmo

I want to point out that again, this information (about his being arrested in a massage parlor) came from him. We don't know what really happened. I wish for once we could hear something from another source!

I want to point out that again, this information (about his being arrested in a massage parlor) came from him. We don't know what really happened. I wish for once we could hear something from another source!

No, the information actually came from a page set up on Facebook to find Jenny. They posted the actual arrest information. JR has actively been on that page asking them to take it down. It is fairly clear that the post he made on his own page was in response to that and to minimize the damage, IMO. They posted the arrest info. At 5:15am on Friday morning. JR wrote his post at 3:17pm that same day.

https://www.facebook.com/Help-FIND-Jenny-608459742653086/

No, the fact that he was in a massage parlor. It may be true, but might be worse... Just sayin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AMK