Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect he admit his mistakes because someone on another Help Find site posted the arrest information, so he had to try to control the situation early on. JMO

Totally Totally agree. Wth.

Every time this guy is outed about no rewards. Or his single facebook status or his not mentioning Jennys family searching in Mexico or a phone number not being on the flier or not blaming Corona and focus more on the protest. Plus etc.

This is when he changes things on Facebook to act like he is not hiding something after already outted.

So I agree. He simply waited until he seen that the jenny Seattle page exposed him for this and other things before now trying to fix things. Jmo.

I swear this guy is following the supposed trolls that he knows are not trolls.

And then he comes clean on Facebook or makes changes to things while acting like don't mind the supposed trolls that has been originally spotting his possible deceit from every beginning of being noticed before his own followers

Jmo

He is simply reading where folks are calling his bluff. And then he makes changes and acts like no worries. I'm now giving more truthful updates or changes to what I'm being called out on now.

But please still donate. Jmo.

How do you know it was "human trafficking"? Speculation is just that. Claptrap.

He was arrested or caught in Mexico? I didn't know that. Are they trying to bust him? Spank him down for speaking out against the government? Get him for being a gringo? Will he need a new Go Fund Me page?
He was arrested in Seattle.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Who was arrested?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Someone wanted to know if Johnathan was arrested for the rub and tug in Mexico, I just said it was Seattle .

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Funny his post came out of the blue and just admitted getting arrested. I'm sure he means well, but he has a peculiar way of sharing information that makes him suspicious. Just saying he got drunk and arrested at a massage parlour with hookers or whatever during a sting. What's funny (or sad) is that these stings rarely occur, as far as I know or are rarely publicized if they are. If he is innocent and these things are not really publicized, then why come out and say it. Just odd.

<respectfully snipped for focus>
BBM

I know I said I wasn't going to discuss this anymore, but so much for that! For anyone wondering why he admitted his arrest publicly, I just discovered that JR was outed about his arrest at 2:46 p.m. PDT on Jenny's own FB page. His post confessing on the Find Jenny FB page was at 3:17 p.m.

https://www.facebook.com/jennycqd/p...9228&comment_tracking={"tn":"R0"}&pnref=story

Whether or not not he went into this massage parlor knowing what went on there or not, the episode will definitely hurt his campaign to find Jenny, especially the fundraising. jmo Unfortunate and embarrassing.

As it should. His credibility just went to zero. Not that it was very hight before this latest revelation.

How do you know it was "human trafficking"? Speculation is just that. Claptrap.

He was arrested or caught in Mexico? I didn't know that. Are they trying to bust him? Spank him down for speaking out against the government? Get him for being a gringo? Will he need a new Go Fund Me page?

Some massage parlours in Seattle have been busted for human trafficking and forcing women to work against their will.

For me, all I needed to know was his King5 interview. He sounded like a caring guy who tried to tell her how going to Mexico was a bad idea and she was super stubborn and didn't want to listen. His wife is missing, but not hard to separating that from getting relief, if that's what he wanted. He is only human.

I assume he was not super close to her in a close relationship sense and part of that was the age/generational difference. I can't see how *most* couples that far apart in years could marry and be in love and compatible. Can't see how most couples with that much life experiences between them can see eye to eye. It's not the age, but the life experiences and wisdom and knowledge.

He sounds like he was frustrated with her. And she's young and looking for adventure and didn't seem the settling down type, like him.

Poor for him.

bbm
I came late to this thread - how much older than Jenny is he?

Lol. Agree my friend and I'm glad that you have some pause for his original sincerity of finding his wife.

Now I admit. Many guys may go to a sex parlor for temporary companionship without being there to support human trafficking.

But in his case.

Those places charges $300 easily. And he happens to go there while advocating for others to find his wife while he is taking other people's money to do so. While he is using some of their money for his pleasure while knowing exactly which prostitution parlor to go to at 4:30 pm in the afternoon.

Now come on.

I would feel skeptical too.

I wonder how many guys that donated to help him find his wife. While now saying. Geez. You used my money to rendezvous with a possible sex slave.

While people are wondering if your wife could have been forced into possible massage parlor sex work as well. Jmo.

Now in all honesty. How many Go fund me campaigns that people have donated to while being happy to know that the spouse of the missing person; Basically used part of the funds for sexual massages and or relief. Jmo.

Now he says to his followers that it happened last night. But he was arrested at 5pm which means he was there in the daylight afternoon since it doesn't get dark until almost 9pm.

So maybe it wasn't some night time drunk and stumbling into the wrong place at the wrong time. Jmo.
BBM

Bouncing off your post, Dex and also rosesfromangels'..

Most of the early articles about Jenny quoted JR as being concerned that Jenny had been trafficked and even taken out of the country. He referred to that as the "worst possible scenario." These articles are linked to his fundraising account.

But he worries that she has been picked up by a human trafficking ring. &#8220;The worst possible scenario is she&#8217;s been humanly trafficked and she&#8217;s out of the country already, by the cartels because she&#8217;s cute, and she&#8217;s young, and she can make money for wrongdoers,&#8221; he told KING 5 News. - See more at: http://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/search-continues-missing-chinese-woman/#sthash.BPXo31q6.dpuf

So, setting morality, stress, grieving, getting drunk and being a bumbling "doofus" aside for a moment...I have trouble understanding how someone who fears his wife was trafficked for prostitution could even go near a "massage parlor" that ends up raided. Does he not realize the cognitive dissonance he is displaying? Most people are aware of the problem of human trafficking in this country, both of American and foreign girls. They are aware of men pimping out their girlfriends. Why would he go near a place that might even have the remote possibility of trafficking women against their will...his greatest fear for Jenny (except for being dead, I assume). He can't be both that naive and tone deaf can he?

Don't get me wrong. I feel very sorry for JR even though I don't like his communication style. I wish for Jenny's safe return. I want to be supportive and I will continue to try. But this particular act of disrespectful and distastefully poor judgement piled on top of everything else just makes my skin crawl. JMO

bbm
I came late to this thread - how much older than Jenny is he?

She is 26 and he is in his late 40's, so he is over 20 years older. I have two friends who married men at least that much older and have successful marriages. One was in her early 20's and one was 30. Both of these women are older than their years, more mature than others their age. They had each established themselves in careers and weren't trying to find themselves. None of this is true of Jenny, sadly.

BBM

Bouncing off your post, Dex and also rosesfromangels'..

Most of the early articles about Jenny quoted JR as being concerned that Jenny had been trafficked and even taken out of the country. He referred to that as the "worst possible scenario." These articles are linked to his fundraising account.

But he worries that she has been picked up by a human trafficking ring. &#8220;The worst possible scenario is she&#8217;s been humanly trafficked and she&#8217;s out of the country already, by the cartels because she&#8217;s cute, and she&#8217;s young, and she can make money for wrongdoers,&#8221; he told KING 5 News. - See more at: http://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/search-continues-missing-chinese-woman/#sthash.BPXo31q6.dpuf

So, setting morality, stress, grieving, getting drunk and being a bumbling "doofus" aside for a moment...I have trouble understanding how someone who fears his wife was trafficked for prostitution could even go near a "massage parlor" that ends up raided. Does he not realize the cognitive dissonance he is displaying? Most people are aware of the problem of human trafficking in this country, both of American and foreign girls. They are aware of men pimping out their girlfriends. Why would he go near a place that might even have the remote possibility of trafficking women against their will...his greatest fear for Jenny (except for being dead, I assume). He can't be both that naive and tone deaf can he?

Don't get me wrong. I feel very sorry for JR even though I don't like his communication style. I wish for Jenny's safe return. I want to be supportive and I will continue to try. But this particular act of disrespectful and distastefully poor judgement piled on top of everything else just makes my skin crawl. JMO

Tone deaf, certainly. Shortsighted? That was also the KING5 interview where he said Jenny, his wife, was "a little Chinese girl."

Moving right along...

This is the billboard that will go up next week. Are billboards vertical in Mexico, rather than horizontal as they are in the U.S.?

JR says one is posted close to where Jenny was picked up.

The reward is almost $11,000 at today's exchange rates AFAIK. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

attachment.php

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/638356709672710/
He posted the cost of the billboards on his help find Jenny page. Is that the cost in american $?

Sent from my SCH-I545

I'd say it's USD because MXN 600 is $32.42 in US on today's exchange rate. Seems REALLY LOW for a monthly billboard.

I'd say it's USD because MXN 600 is $32.42 in US on today's exchange rate. Seems REALLY LOW for a monthly billboard.
I agree that does seem low but a price he could afford if he has to use his own money. I wonder what size billboard?

Sent from my SCH-I545

Jenny may be 26 on paper but she appears MUCH younger IMO

Just saying...

Just as well, many prostitutes pick this profession and want it legalized. We can't speak for them all, but that profession is complex. You did say "many" a lot. Of course that's true, but it's not a number.

I think JR is just a goof and I'm sure he knew what he was getting into, but that's his business.

It definitely shows he likes a certain type, to me.

If he was inside the parlour at the time, then it wouldn't have been "public" ... and frankly, I would assume that the cops weren't really trying to stack charges as the original charge was plenty embarrassing enough.

FWIW, the charges against him don't mention public intoxication.

Well while intoxicated it's not like your thinking is clear and logical lol

still no excuse. I've been plenty intoxicated and haven't ended up in one of those. It's on the bad part of town not a real massage parlour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jezel