GUILTY Mexico - Monica Beresford-Redman, 42, Cancun, 5 April 2010

It is obvious to me that the game is being played - he said, she said, they said.

My guess is that his attorney is lying about that the mexican authorities let him go.
If the Mexican authorities should at some time in the future charge him in Monica's death, what would be the procedure to get him back to Mexico or can they? MOO

{snipped from noticaribe} - to find search for "noticaribe" in google. To see in English you need to click on "translate this page". This is the only way I know how to get to noticaribe.

Already gone from Mexico, now the Office of QR requires producer

CANCUN, MX.- The Attorney General of the State (PGJE) requires the producer Bruce Beresford-Redman to expand its statement regarding the death of his wife Monica Burgos.
"We have asked the Embassy (in Mexico City) and the Consulate (in Merida) to provide information that is being requested by the Attorney General," said the owner of the PGJE, Francisco Alor.

For PGJE, said the state official, Beresford-Redman is in Mexico.

"We have his passport."

He added that if Bruce Beresford-Redman is in California, it is unduly in the United States.

He said that on Friday, the Attorney General of the Republic (PGR) PGJE gave the test results in relation to the murder of Monica Burgos, who was murdered in a hotel in Cancun, where he was staying with Beresford-Redman.

"That's why we're requiring."

He said Beresford-Redman was left free on bookings of Law and if the producer left the country, he should have alerted the Embassy and the Consulate.

Before the producer's lawyers Beresford-Redman reported that EU is not a fugitive because there is no arrest warrant against him for the death of his wife.

They added that his client will not return to Mexico in case the State Attorney General as required on a new subpoena. (Source: Sergio Caballero)

If the Mexican authorities should at some time in the future charge him in Monica's death, what would be the procedure to get him back to Mexico or can they? MOO

Basically he left just in the nick of time. As noticaribe states, the test results came in on Friday and the State of Quintana Roo issued a subpoena for him. However, he was already gone. Mexico can request that he go back but his US attorney states in the article that they will not allow that to happen.

I am so mad right now my blood is boiling!!:furious:

Basically he left just in the nick of time. As noticaribe states, the test results came in on Friday and the State of Quintana Roo issued a subpoena for him. However, he was already gone. Mexico can request that he go back but his US attorney states in the article that they will not allow that to happen.

I am so mad right now my blood is boiling!!:furious:

he knew, his lawyer knew, and they planned this didn't they ...
I'm angry too ...

what was the subpoena for?

What I understand from what I have read that since the test results were in, the results pointed toward him committing the murder so it was in the works to arrest him.

This is how I have interpreted it anyhow.

What I understand from what I have read that since the test results were in, the results pointed toward him committing the murder so it was in the works to arrest him.

This is how I have interpreted it anyhow.

thanks

maybe it was discussed earlier but I've followed this from the beginning & i don't remember it

I wonder if the U.S. would extradite its own citizen to Mexico ...

Then why did Mexico even bother to take it from him? :waitasec:

You would need one to get on a plane otherwise the carrier wouldn't let you board, but if you presented yourself at a border post you only need some form of ID. So, he could have just driven home.

thanks

maybe it was discussed earlier but I've followed this from the beginning & i don't remember it

In all fairness, if a crime is committed by a US citizen while in Mexico, they should have to face the consequences. MOO

thanks

If there is a mutual extradition treaty they would.

However, Mexico would have to charge him first, he won't be extradited so they can question him or get him to sign documents.

perhaps so he doesn't flee to other continents?
I'm wondering if he even has the passport now. I doubt it was returned to him since it appears Mexican LE believed by them having it would keep him in the country. MOO

If there is a mutual extradition treaty they would.

However, Mexico would have to charge him first, he won't be extradited so they can question him or get him to sign documents.
BBM

Well, they just might do that. MOO

From the article in Noticaribe, it states that they do still have his passport.

In all fairness, if a crime is committed by a US citizen while in Mexico, they should have to face the consequences. MOO

oh I totally agree
I hope you didn't interpret my post to mean otherwise?

I want him extradited like stat! lol

oh I totally agree
I hope you didn't interpret my post to mean otherwise?

I want him extradited like stat! lol
Oh not at all! :) I was just confirming what should be done! Or maybe should've been done weeks ago and he wouldn't be back in the US now. MOO

so, here's a purely hypothetical question:

if say, a reality-tv producer were to murder his wife & get away with it ...

would you knowingly watch any of his shows?

I'm wondering how much of a career he'll have left ...

so, here's a purely hypothetical question:

if say, a reality-tv producer were to murder his wife & get away with it ...

would you knowingly watch any of his shows?

I'm wondering how much of a career he'll have left ...
Funny thing I was just thinking about this new show of his and NO ~ I won't be watching it. MOO

Funny thing I was just thinking about this new show of his and NO ~ I won't be watching it. MOO

I haven't watched the others and wouldn't watch knowingly anything he could profit from...

Here's my question- if he's not there, could they try him and find him guilty? I know here he's innocent until proven guilty but he could say he's not been proven guilty and therefore should not be discriminated against- legally- here anyway, right?

I haven't watched the others and wouldn't watch knowingly anything he could profit from...

Here's my question- if he's not there, could they try him and find him guilty? I know here he's innocent until proven guilty but he could say he's not been proven guilty and therefore should not be discriminated against- legally- here anyway, right?
I believe even in Mexico he'd have to be charged first, arrested and have legal representation. However regarding the child custody issue in the US, since he hasn't been charged or convicted of anything yet, there might be a problem for Monica's family to argue he shouldn't have custody. It's really too bad the Mexican authorities didn't act more quickly before he left the country. :( MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back