GUILTY MI - Amy Henslee, 30, Hartford Township, 24 Jan 2011 - #4

I don't think this scenario has been discussed yet, and if it has, please forgive me...

what if Tonya told JB that she was leaving him...somehow Amy's name came into it, and he lost it....grabbed T and put her in the truck...drove over to Amy's...went and forcefully grabbed her (by the arm or whatever) and says basically "you're coming with me...we're gonna straighten all this out NOW!"...so, atm, he's not planning on killing them, just getting Amy to talk Tonya into staying with him....talking gets out of hand...the rest is history.

The other scenario I thought of is what if JB had some obsession with Amy, brought Tonya along to talk Amy into coming with them, JB wanted a threesome, Amy didn't want to, tried to leave, said I'm gonna tell James, and he killed her, then T freaked out, was a witness and he killed her?

Either way, I don't think it was premeditated, but definitely rage-induced.

IMO JMO and all that

I'm not buying his story for a number of reasons. I hunt and shoot and I can tell you -- what he's claiming is pretty unrealistic. With a little .22 rifle or a handgun, maybe. With a shotgun -- chances are pretty slim that it played out like he said it did after he had a few days to think up a good story.

Like Doc mentioned, in that small camper trailer with three people in there (one of them being the hefty Junior, himself) -- and in a heightened emotional state and a lot of commotion, which would have definitely been the case -- the odds of Tonya grabbing the shotgun, getting the muzzle pointed at Amy, and firing and shooting and getting a well aimed shot off at her head (smaller target than her body) are pretty slim. Before she was able to get the muzzle raised and aimed, Junior could have knocked it down or away and there would have likely been a shot that went through the camper somewhere else -- and not the one shot that killed Amy.

Plus, we don't even know if Tonya was adept with a shotgun. For all we know, she had never picked up a shotgun in her life. If that were the case, the odds just got slimmer.

Even if she DID shoot Amy (which I don't believe for a second), there is still no reason that he would have had to kill her, too. He is twice her weight, even though he is only 5'6" -- so he was obviously strong enough to allegedly wrestle the gun away from her (per his story). That being the case, why would he not just keep her in his sights and call the police? Heck...that's what I'd do under those circumstances. It didn't sound like there was another firearm close by that he was afraid she would grab, so that wouldn't have been a worry.

Picture it...Amy is deceased and Beebe has the gun in his hands -- allegedly for self defense. Tonya looks like she weighs not much more than 110# soaking wet. Wouldn't the logical thing be to keep her at bay with the loaded gun that he had in his hands and either have her dial the police, call for help (especially since his mom was supposed to be close by at this point), or march her up to a neighbor's house or to the main house (with the gun pointed at her the whole way) and call 911?

Maybe he liked the thought of two women fighting over him...sure sounds like it to me.

LGS0899: I am sorry that I can't point to the interview. I believe he also said in that interview that he wanted to take a lie detector test. It was very early on....right after she was discovered missing when they were searching for her and trying to figure out where she could have gone. I don't know where to look for it. He said it in an unsure, soft, tentative voice. He didn't expound on it in any way. Heartwrenching, really. I thought at the time that he was just considering anything in the world, no matter how outlandish to him, that might have happened, But now as I think about it, maybe he was thinking of Beebe after what he said today about the obsession??

it's probably just me, but I cannot get the vision of a smug-looking JB looking down in the hole after he put Amy and Tonya in it...it's as clear as day in my mind, and every time I think of the scenario, this pic comes into my head...

I truly feel something happened that he was NOT going to be bested by a couple of girls. I feel that is his mentality.

IMO JMO :cow:

Ok I wonder if "tonya" allegedly shot amy which I doubt was the shot gun just laying around hunting season ended nov 30 so doesn't a sportsmen probably like clean or oil gun and put away I'm not a hunter but that's what my friends husband does at the end if each season ...just my thinking also it's a pretty small space & if tonya walked up on them wouldn't they have heard her footprints in snow? It's pretty loud when u r walking on snow ...the trailer is do small why wouldn't he have had time to get gun away? He is supposedly some big tough guy ...come on now he'd better come up with something better then that

Assuming she knows exactly where the gun was and how to use it, picks it up, aims, shoots, *advertiser censored* again, takes aim again and shoots again. Because Beebe didn't have any pellet wounds himself, we would have to assume that he is standing between AH and TH and she still managed a perfect head shot. If she made that shot from the door, knowing she only has 1 shot left to chamber (we have to assume she knew how many bullets she gets if she knows how to shoot it that well) and it would likely be her last shot, why why why waste the 2nd shot on AH again. There would have been NO doubt in her mind that the first shot hit. Why not at least take the 2nd shot at him. She had to have known he would kill her once he got to her. Self defense comes to mind here. If I had two bullets, and weighed 110 pounds, I would rather take my chances with a physical fight with AH and use the rounds for the guy who I know I don't stand a chance against. If he were closer, he also seems to be the easiest target. Between pulling the trigger once, cocking, aiming again... there are several seconds in which the 2nd shot never would not have had time to happened. Even if AH had just been shot twice, and he finally gets the gun ... he should have known if TH is dead, nobody will believe him. Self defense, or even just plane anger, he should have taken a bullet to each leg and then he wouldn't have to worry about her running and would live to tell what happened. Also about the trailer ... I am from that area, and as teenagers none of us would have left a heated vehicle to have relations in a cold no windowed trailer. I would think they could have just stayed in the truck and pulled the truck off into the woods a littlle more or found a different area to "park" in. I'm just sayin ... not that I have tried it!

James thinks cuz had this "sick obsession" with Amy..So, did James ever mention it to her or confront him about it? I wish we knew!

what does concern me somewhat is why he put those pictures on facebook?

I am not sure but we know he put pics on facebook after the girls must have died. does anyone know if this includes the 3 with amy in them?

If so I think this was done for a reason.

2 things come to mind: one he was broken hearted because he loved her and these
photos were special to him
two he knew those photos might help his case in the belief
they were having an affair.

if it is the second reason then he is wanting some sort of proof of what really happened,
OR he is being devious and turning what are innocent photos into a case to get him off a murder charge.

Once again I am still sitting on the fence on this one.

wish a few locals would comment on the news sites with any gossip or whatever about an affair, so far there has only been 2 statements that I have seen, but nothing else of any substance.

In small towns like this usually there is some form of gossip, you would think someone would have some sort of inkling

http://www.wwmt.com/articles/buren-1386797-newschannel-county.html

Christensen couldn't comment on an open case, but did talk generically about forensic evidence gathering, like analyzing blood splatter caused by gunshots.

“That blood can tell you a lot about where a shot came from,” said Det. Christensen, “what the trajectory was, things of that nature.”

Beebe allegedly claims that Tonya shot Amy first, then he fought with Tonya over the gun, which is when she was killed. Christensen says a struggle could leave a lot of evidence behind.

“You could be looking for many things, such as blood smears, transfers from one person to another in terms of bruising, DNA transfer,” said Christensen.

Christensen says investigators also need to be wary of a staged scene or even a faked struggle in any given case.

“By looking at it through experience, the investigator's experience and things like that, with how things normally happen, then you can make a determination if it was staged or not,” said Christensen.

Again, Christensen couldn't comment on the Henslee and Howarth murders, and spoke only generically about forensic science.

It is not yet know what evidence was collected from the crime scene, and it could take months to get lab work back.

I think if it were premeditated, he'd have had a better plan on cleaning up the blood

That one puzzles me, he buries the bodies but doesn't clean up the blood, almost as if he wanted it to be seen, I don't know. Premeditated or spontaneous decision, you still clean up after don't you?

Don't know if this was posted, I hadn't seen this part

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/sw_mich/Beebe-defense-upsets-victim-family

"If he's saying what happened happened, how come he didn't get the gun away from Tonya and call the cops?" Kraiger said. "She was 120 pounds, you know? He could very easily have gotten the gun away from her."
Grabbing a weapon doesn't fit in Tonya's behavior, her sister told 24 Hour News 8.
"She was never violent," Kraiger said. "She got angry, she would yell, but she was never -- she wasn't violent."
And as for the shot gun?
"Far as we knew, she doesn't know how to shoot one," Kraiger said.

That one puzzles me, he buries the bodies but doesn't clean up the blood, almost as if he wanted it to be seen, I don't know. Premeditated or spontaneous decision, you still clean up after don't you?

You would think he would, wouldn't you? This has puzzled me as well- not a whole lot of problem solving power with this guy apparently.

I think he thought he may have had more time. I don't think he thought James would have noticed so quickly that something was wrong and came home, made calls, talked to neighbors etc. He probably didn't want to be seen near that trailer at that point. IMO

I think he thought he may have had more time. I don't think he thought James would have noticed so quickly that something was wrong and came home, made calls, talked to neighbors etc. He probably didn't want to be seen near that trailer at that point. IMO

But presumably he had between Monday morning supposed time of death and Thursday afternoon when dogs found blood to clean up?

Or maybe as you say he didn't want to be seen near trailer so was at his mother's and was coming back on Thursday with the intention to clean when LE found him showing up there...

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/news_story.aspx?storyid=151614&catid=14

The family of Amy Henslee,30, says the Van Buren County woman was tricked into leaving her home in Hartford by the man who murdered her.
"And there is no one on this earth that will make me believe anything different," says family spokesperson Wendy Boyd. "She was tricked. She was coerced."

Her family says they don't know why Henslee left her home with Beebe, but say they are sure it wasn't to have an affair.

"Tonya didn't walk into any kind of situation," says Boyd. "Look for the gunpowder residue, that's going to tell you a lot. I have all the faith in the world in the police task force. They are doing their job and it's going to come out sooner or later."

I don't understand norest.

What would be a hard one for anyone to believe?

I do think that James is reflecting back now and trying to come up with some reason why Jr. murdered Amy. Obsession is very logical thought process for him to consider, imo. People murder quite often due to having an obsession toward a particular person even if the person is unaware of it nor wants the perps feelings toward them.

As James says. He just 'thinks' this but knows Jr has been charged with double homicide for a reason. He admits that the detectives knows more than he does.

But if it were my loved one I would be trying to think what could have possibly caused this to happen so I understand James thinking this may have been the motive.

IMO

I'm sorry. I meant it would be hard for anyone to believe the story that he is NOW telling...that his GF shot Amy! I totally agree with what you said! Sorry it came out wrong...:)

What.about the fact of who lived in the house in front of the trailer did they not hear or see anything suspicious? Now we are hearing tonya didn't even know how to use a gun per sister ...how many days later where bodies found ? Plenty of time to clean up ...thus guy is a straight up pyscho ...the only question is why amy ?where does she come in I really do not think she was a friend of tonya ...

One thing that James said very early in the search for Amy that haunts me: "Was there any problem in your marriage?" He answered simply, "Possibly." Did he have an inkling before this tragedy that James had an obsession with his wife?

I'm going to try to find the article, but somewhere it was also stated not only did he call her at 10 am every day, but multiple times a day. This to me sounds like a man checking up on his wife, if that was truly the case. Which leads me to believe he suspected something was going on with her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back