GUILTY MI - Amy Henslee, 30, Hartford Township, 24 Jan 2011 - #4

I often call my mother, partner and/or my best friends multiple times a day, depending on what's going on. Amy didn't have a mobile phone so texting or emailing wasn't possible. I think everyone's different. I'm on the fence on this one- I understand how it can be thought of as controlling or checking up on her but it also may well have been normal for them. It was said they regularly talked on his break anyway. Maybe he's just a big worrier, or maybe he just likes sharing his day, I'm not sure there is anything to this but I could be wrong. Someone also mentioned she was not comfortable with being outside the home alone, maybe he called her to check on her because she was the one who needed to hear from him regularly for reassurance-we just don't know.

I'm going to try to find the article, but somewhere it was also stated not only did he call her at 10 am every day, but multiple times a day. This to me sounds like a man checking up on his wife, if that was truly the case. Which leads me to believe he suspected something was going on with her.

This, plus saying that it was possible there were problems in the marriage, if I read that right...might mean he suspected something. Either there are problems, or there aren't...I've never heard "possible" before.

DH and I talk several times a day...he calls me and I call him....it's not to check up on each other, but to say "hi, how's it goin?" It's just what we do.

RE: calling several times a day.

It's funny that some posters suspect the husband was suspicious of the wife for calling several times a day.

I can see the opposite: a woman, home alone in a rural area, etc. She may have asked for him to call her several times a day for security purposes or just to have a human voice to talk to without leaving the warmth of a house.

His calling, to me, doesn't automatically make him suspicious and checking up on her.

RE: calling several times a day.

It's funny that some posters suspect the husband was suspicious of the wife for calling several times a day.

I can see the opposite: a woman, home alone in a rural area, etc. She may have asked for him to call her several times a day for security purposes or just to have a human voice to talk to without leaving the warmth of a house.

His calling, to me, doesn't automatically make him suspicious and checking up on her.

BBM
Exactly, that's what I wrote above, especially since it was said early on when she was missing that she wasn't comfortable leaving the house alone.

My DH is a sahd, and I work 10 hour days, I call him on every break, when I get to work, when I leave work, if there is traffic, etc, there are probably 10+ calls back and forth on a normal day, and I don't see it as odd. I def am not trying to control him, or check up on him.....He is at home with no car, 3 kids, and a puppy, I KNOW he isn't messing around LOL:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I dont see him calling several time a day as odd either. My husband is my best friend I love hearing from him frequently through the day. It makes me feel good to know when he has a spare minute im the one on his mind. JMO

When I was married and my husband worked and I didn't, he called on each break and at lunch. The whole first 5 years we were married; until I got part=time work and wasn't home some of the time. But it wasn't because he didn't trust me or anything, it was because we wanted to talk to each other. So I don't find anything odd in James calling her at break every day.

I would, however, find it odd to think she was having an affair with the accused and leaving for a 'quickie' so close to time for her husband to call. Why leave at all. That makes absolutely no sense to me. His story won't hold up I shouldn't think.

Not suspicous to me either, if that was it.

Until you add the fact that he hinted at possible marital problems. And things others said about her having had affairs in the past. The very cozy hand nearly on butt picture......things that like make me re-evaluate my opinion.

Then it makes me wonder.

Try to get caught up in this thread again and have some questions.

1) who is the "he" that "hinted at possible marital problems"?
2) re: "others said about her having had affairs in the past" - is there a link for this, or is this local rumor?

Thanks!

Is there a link to someone saying she had affairs in the past? I haven't read that AT ALL

Glad to see Det. Christensen is going after blood splatter evidence... as I mentinoned earlier, I just hope the crime scene has not been contaminated - it wasn't roped off....also, since the FBI was (is?) involved they have the people to do that...

Also, this case is typical of a person being caught, and then coming out with the self-defence claim. If it were really self-defense, the thing to do would be for him to have gone immediately to LE before he was tracked down and charged!

Are we sure the shootings too place inside the trailer?

http://www.wwmt.com/articles/buren-1386797-newschannel-county.html

Christensen couldn't comment on an open case, but did talk generically about forensic evidence gathering, like analyzing blood splatter caused by gunshots.

“That blood can tell you a lot about where a shot came from,” said Det. Christensen, “what the trajectory was, things of that nature.”

Beebe allegedly claims that Tonya shot Amy first, then he fought with Tonya over the gun, which is when she was killed. Christensen says a struggle could leave a lot of evidence behind.

“You could be looking for many things, such as blood smears, transfers from one person to another in terms of bruising, DNA transfer,” said Christensen.

Christensen says investigators also need to be wary of a staged scene or even a faked struggle in any given case.

“By looking at it through experience, the investigator's experience and things like that, with how things normally happen, then you can make a determination if it was staged or not,” said Christensen.

Again, Christensen couldn't comment on the Henslee and Howarth murders, and spoke only generically about forensic science.

It is not yet know what evidence was collected from the crime scene, and it could take months to get lab work back.

Try to get caught up in this thread again and have some questions.

1) who is the "he" that "hinted at possible marital problems"?
2) re: "others said about her having had affairs in the past" - is there a link for this, or is this local rumor?

Thanks!

1) Amy's husband James
2) local rumor I believe comes from comment section at ?? news site..I can't provide any other info cos I haven't seen it myself.

1) Amy's husband James
2) local rumor I believe comes from comment section at ?? news site..I can't provide any other info cos I haven't seen it myself.

Thank you amysmom. I haven't read anything in MSM re: rumors that have been substantiated either.

I'm going to use this post as a jumping off point.

Posts will be removed that mention rumors about the victims. James is a victim as well - so stating as fact what is only speculation is not allowed.

Please limit discussion to MSM 'facts'.

Thank you amysmom. I haven't read anything in MSM re: rumors that have been substantiated either.

I'm going to use this post as a jumping off point.

Posts will be removed that mention rumors about the victims. James is a victim as well - so stating as fact what is only speculation is not allowed.

Please limit discussion to MSM 'facts'.

I don't think anything should be stated in MSM at all re: these rumors but the problem is the family & their friend (spokeperson) are addressing them in the media ever since JR came out a few days ago with his "affair" story..I understand their anger & desire to clear Amy's name but it's really just bringing more attention to it=many are now wondering if it could possibly be true or just flat out believe him..OTH! keeping quiet about it/ignoring it may not be the right way to go either..I honestly don't know what's the best route for them to take..Maybe there isn't one?

What if he told her something happened to James and that's why she went with him. That would explain her leaving before the phone call...

I don't think anything should be stated in MSM at all re: these rumors but the problem is the family & their friend (spokeperson) are addressing them in the media ever since JR came out a few days ago with his "affair" story..I understand their anger & desire to clear Amy's name but it's really just bringing more attention to it=many are now wondering if it could possibly be true or just flat out believe him..OTH! keeping quiet about it/ignoring it may not be the right way to go either..I honestly don't know what's the best route for them to take..Maybe there isn't one?

I believe those who want to believe it will and those who want substantiation.. will not believe it.

If it was not true about one of my loved ones I would NOT stand down and give the floor only to the murderer and his family and let them taint her memory.

It is horrible that some believe the words of a murderer over the ones who really knew Amy and her family.

No wonder James is desperately trying to honor his wife and keep her reputation intact.

IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back