Deceased/Not Found MI - Bianca Jones, 2, Detroit, 2 Dec 2011 - #2 - *D. Lane guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are the ones I am talking about..it was scary and soo very sad..

I'm in Flint, we aren't doing much better. Part of the reason I want to go down there and help look is it's not that scary to me, I grew up in a place that has gone almost as far down, almost as fast. I'm genuinely surprised that they have found witnesses at all, considering the attitude of no snitching that's so strong in Detroit.

Banika Jones said Lane has a good relationship with Bianca, who is described as 2 feet, 5 inches tall and weighing about 25 pounds, with brown eyes and black hair.
"He has unfettered access to her; welcome to come anytime," she said. "He's never been anything but loving and committed to her. I know he probably wants to see Bianca home as much as I do.

Read more: http://www.timesunion.com/news/arti...issing-Detroit-girl-2346495.php#ixzz1fhgWMufk

But, I thought he was getting to know her...I HATE CHANGING STORIES.

I would have never gotten that close to him as a female reporter . . . wow. Kind of harassing . . .

One of the comments on the WXYZ-TV website suggests that the reporter was nearly hitting Lane with her microphone and that SHE needs anger management :rolleyes:

One of the comments on the WXYZ-TV website suggests that the reporter was nearly hitting Lane with her microphone and that SHE needs anger management :rolleyes:

Well, I think she has "professionalism" problems. If she were a man she'd probably be picking her teeth up off the sidewalk.

I agree that she was a little overboard, but if parents can deal with the likes of Nancy Grace to get the word out about their kids, he could have dealt with her.

This article is interesting because it talks about how the efforts of one person, community organizer Tasha Harris, can make such a difference in getting people out to search, even in such a tough environment.
http://www.detnews.com/article/2011...ar-old-reportedly-not-cooperating-with-police

Volunteers trudged through vacant lots, thick with weeds, burrs and trash, and used walking sticks to poke into piles of debris.
Volunteer Gordon Jones, 45, of Detroit hoped for the best but braced for the worst.
"If it were my daughter, I would be looking anywhere and everywhere," he said, as he looked toward a swathe of abandoned buildings.
Jones, a contractor by trade, put his skills to work this morning, entering whatever abandoned home he could access. His flannel shirt covered in burrs and hands protected by workers gloves, he used a flashlight to peer under the porch of a two-story, boarded-up white house whose exterior was riddled with discarded couch cushions and rotting furniture.
"My heart told me to go where other people don't want to go," he said.
Accompanying the searchers were law enforcement officials from Detroit and the FBI. Some walked with the volunteers wearing yellow ponchos.
Others drove slowly down Philadelphia in a marked police van, lights flashing, to keep an eye on any progress. One officer ran toward I-75 on Philadelphia with a burly bloodhound by his side. Several of the volunteers, including Jones, said it was a call to action by community organizer Tasha Harris that prompted them to brave the weather today to help in the search for Bianca.
Harris, 29, blogged through the night on her site, www.detroithousewives.net, asking that people get involved with the canvassing efforts.
Her site and organization of the same name helps at-risk youth stay focused, she said.
Walking with a cane and wearing a black fur coat, Harris said she might not get to physically aid as much as others but was pleased with the response to her blog posts.
"It could have been any one of our children. I instantly felt a connection with the mother," said Jones, herself a mother of two daughters, 10 and 11. "A mother's love goes so far and so deep."
italics and bold by me

Banika Jones said Lane has a good relationship with Bianca, who is described as 2 feet, 5 inches tall and weighing about 25 pounds, with brown eyes and black hair.
"He has unfettered access to her; welcome to come anytime," she said. "He's never been anything but loving and committed to her. I know he probably wants to see Bianca home as much as I do.

Read more: http://www.timesunion.com/news/arti...issing-Detroit-girl-2346495.php#ixzz1fhgWMufk

But, I thought he was getting to know her...I HATE CHANGING STORIES.

He probably did have unfettered access to her, and was welcome at any time, but never took advantage of it. Of course he had to become aquainted with her - probably every time he saw her. How do you spend quality time with 7 kids and maintain civil relationships with three baby-mommas. Even if everything WAS peachy-keen, Bianca is still missing and DL is still a POI.

Well, I think she has "professionalism" problems. If she were a man she'd probably be picking her teeth up off the sidewalk.

Respectfully, she was doing her job. IMO, DL is lucky there was only one reporter trying to speak with him. Sad he turned his back on his baby girl when he had the opportunity to make a plea for her safe return.

jmo

He probably did have unfettered access to her, and was welcome at any time, but never took advantage of it. Of course he had to become aquainted with her - probably every time he saw her. How do you spend quality time with 7 kids and maintain civil relationships with three baby-mommas. Even if everything WAS peachy-keen, Bianca is still missing and DL is still a POI.

I would hardly call that committed, as she did.

Respectfully, she was doing her job. IMO, DL is lucky there was only one reporter trying to speak with him. Sad he turned his back on his baby girl when he had the opportunity to make a plea for her safe return.

jmo

Well, she wasn't very successful at getting any kind of comment. I've seen reporters ask with a gentler, "is there anything you'd like the public to know?"

Banika Jones said she last saw her daughter on the girl's Nov. 28 birthday.

"We had cake and we sang. It was just a small affair with some family. She was very excited. She had just been to the movies that day," Bianka Jones said.
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...s-with-Local-4/-/1719418/4879890/-/qrwc91z/-/

I expected them to be a little better than this. Her birthdate is wrong, so is the spelling of her mom's name. I don't know whether to even trust the quote.

Wow. If he did do something to her...I don't know. To me, he doesn't seem like a cold-blooded killer. I am probably wrong. I just thought that it sounded like his voice was breaking when he was saying, "Please, just leave me alone." I don't know.

I don't know.....he seemed more concerned about wanting to go home than he did for his daughter to me. First time he had a camera and microphone in his face after a carjacking that took his daughter, shouldn't he be making a plea for her return instead of saying "leave me alone...I just wanna go home"

It also took Lane nearly an hour to come up with a description of the alleged carjacker, according to The Detroit News.
http://thestir.cafemom.com/in_the_news/129692/father_of_missing_toddler_bianca

Did anyone happen to see the original article that this author seems to be referencing?

http://detnews.com/article/20111205...dly-not-cooperating-with-police#ixzz1fhbpf2o3
It took Lane nearly an hour to come up with a description of the man he said carjacked him, sources said. Lane appeared to be cooperative during the early stages of the investigation, but a source told The News Monday afternoon: "He lawyered up and quit talking."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner