Deceased/Not Found MI - Bianca Jones, 2, Detroit, 2 Dec 2011 - #2 - *D. Lane guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again? I thought they searched both parents homes earlier . . . and RAID was the description that was used.

Raid was the word they used for the search of her mother's home, so I guess this isn't exactly recycling the news. I bet they used all the same headers and everything from earlier, though. They likely wanted to do another search once he was released to up the pressure on him, or they found something they wanted to check that wasn't quite covered by the earlier warrant.

Well, she wasn't very successful at getting any kind of comment. I've seen reporters ask with a gentler, "is there anything you'd like the public to know?"

Thanks. I have no working computer speakers so my comments are always from watching the video's w/o sound. Which I sometimes do anyway to watch body language and facial expressions. :)

It also took Lane nearly an hour to come up with a description of the alleged carjacker, according to The Detroit News.
http://thestir.cafemom.com/in_the_news/129692/father_of_missing_toddler_bianca

Did anyone happen to see the original article that this author seems to be referencing?

It's linked in the above cafemom blog, but the Detroit News is not revealing the 'source'.

It took Lane nearly an hour to come up with a description of the man he said carjacked him, sources said.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20111205...dly-not-cooperating-with-police#ixzz1fi2nDzGi

I don't know.....he seemed more concerned about wanting to go home than he did for his daughter to me. First time he had a camera and microphone in his face after a carjacking that took his daughter, shouldn't he be making a plea for her return instead of saying "leave me alone...I just wanna go home"

Agree with you about that. I guess what struck me was the apparent intensity of genuine emotion - whether that emotion is due to genuine distress about his daughter, or because he did something horrible and feels close to getting caught, well, that is another issue. :maddening:

and this
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/19356-Mitchell-St-Detroit-MI-48234/88723199_zpid/
This is a 882 square foot, 1.0 bathroom, single family home. It is located at 19356 Mitchell St Detroit, Michigan. This home is in the Detroit City School District. The nearest schools are Mason Elementary School, Farwell Middle School and Detroit High School For Technology.

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/detroit/father-of-missing-two-year-old-released-from-jail

Watch the video. He came close to hitting the reporter and flat out ran away from her to avoid questions. He'll crack soon.

Wow, she was taking a chance, wasn't she?! He asked her to please leave him alone at least 6 or 8 times, and even said he couldn't talk about it but she kept running after him and asking him what happened. I would say that if he had hit her, she asked for it, but that's just MOO.
If he's a suspect, LE does not want him talking to the media, it could mess up their case. Let them handle the questions.
If he cracks, it won't be to some reporter.
He may be guilty as heLLo but that's not for her to decide, is it?
Sorry... not aiming this at you... I'm just frustrated.
And to think... in high school I seriously considered journalism as a career. I'm glad I didn't pursue it, I could NEVER go that far to get a story.

Wow, she was taking a chance, wasn't she?! He asked her to please leave him alone at least 6 or 8 times, and even said he couldn't talk about it but she kept running after him and asking him what happened. I would say that if he had hit her, she asked for it, but that's just MOO.
If he's a suspect, LE does not want him talking to the media, it could mess up their case. Let them handle the questions.
If he cracks, it won't be to some reporter.
He may be guilty as heLLo but that's not for her to decide, is it?
Sorry... not aiming this at you... I'm just frustrated.
And to think... in high school I seriously considered journalism as a career. I'm glad I didn't pursue it, I could NEVER go that far to get a story.

I never thought he'd crack to a reporter, and I understand the frustration all the way around. Unfortunately, what that reporter did isn't that different from the style a lot of them seem to have lately. I'm thinking when he gets five or six of those reporters all screaming questions at him at once and shoving microphones in his face, he might end up telling the truth (or what I believe is the truth) and actually confessing to police or someone in his close personal life.

:eek: Can't believe that the guy is outdoors in short-sleeve shirt. It's 34* and raining and/or snowing in the area. He's got a long walk if he was at Oakland County lockup in Pontiac.

Good! Cuz when he said "I don't care, I just want to go home" I was hoping he would get hit by lightning.

Nice that he wants to go home, and can't be bothered to answer any questions or plea for his daughter (since those nasty ol' carjackers have her).

I'd ask him a question alright. Where did you put the body!

Just my opinion!

Mel

I haven't heard or read anything about a prayer vigil for little Bianca, but I hope that everyone here will take a moment to ask G-d to help locate the child and return her to her family. :praying:

Well, she wasn't very successful at getting any kind of comment. I've seen reporters ask with a gentler, "is there anything you'd like the public to know?"

I bet all she was thinking about is, "I have to get this interview or my producer will have my job". At least everybody could see (on film) that she tried.

Judging from the comments following the article, she lost a lot of fans.

Agree with you about that. I guess what struck me was the apparent intensity of genuine emotion - whether that emotion is due to genuine distress about his daughter, or because he did something horrible and feels close to getting caught, well, that is another issue. :maddening:

I agree.

He has probably been answering questions non-stop, not much sleep, he's not feeling the love. I suppose his lawyer posted his bail and told him not to talk to the press. I do believe he really wanted to just get home. He will probably find a search in progress, when he arrives.

I bet all she was thinking about is, "I have to get this interview or my producer will have my job". At least everybody could see (on film) that she tried.

Judging from the comments following the article, she lost a lot of fans.

One of the reasons that I no longer watch Channel 7 (WXYZ) is the tendency for their street reporters to be very aggressive. This has been the Channel 7 "style" for several years, and I don't care for this in-your-face manner of getting the story. Channel 4 (WDIV) is more mild-mannered, and their anchors and street reporters are more professional in their approach.

There was a huge difference in the way that the two local stations chose to pursue the parents: Channel 7 went after the dad as he exited the Oakland County Jail, while Channel 4 did a sensitive interview with the mother. jmo

One of the reasons that I no longer watch Channel 7 (WXYZ) is the tendency for their street reporters to be very aggressive. This has been the Channel "style" for several years, and I don't care for this in-your-face manner of getting the story. Channel 4 (WDIV) is more mild-mannered, and their anchors and street reporters are more professional in their approach.

There was a huge difference in the way that the two local stations chose to pursue the parents: Channel 7 went after the dad as he exited the Oakland County Jail, while Channel 4 did a sensitive interview with the mother. jmo

She was the only reporter there to interview him - the top story. She probably couldn't believe her luck. I can see why she tried so hard, but I do prefer the more mild-mannered style of interviewing.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/new...olunteers-in-search-for-missing-girl-20111205

UPDATE: Terry L. Johnson, the attorney for D'Andre Lane, released the following statement Monday evening:

"D'Andre Lane is home with his family this evening for the first time since his daughter went missing after Mr. Lane was the victim of a carjacking. Contrary to media reports, Mr. Lane has fully cooperated and will continue to cooperate with all police agencies to ensure the safe return of his daughter, Bianca Jones."

Reward Increases As FBI Searches Home of Missing Girl’s Father
http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2011/12...irl-increases-as-fbi-searches-home-of-father/
The reward for the safe return of Bianca is now more than 22,000 dollars.

Maybe the FBI search of the father's residence on Mitchell was the reason for the earlier "breaking news alert" on WDIV. I think previous searches of the property were done by local LE.

I plan to stay up for the 11:00 news for an update of this evening's activity at the home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$