MI MI - Brittney Beers, 6, Sturgis, 16 Sept 1997

If it isn't too much trouble, I would appreciate the name of the girl as well! I have been reading this thread and hope that there are answers soon, but I can't figure out who the little girl is!!! Thank you!

I would like to know too.. please PM me the thread.

I would like to know who it is too.

Can't some brave soul post the link since so many of us are interested?

I realize that we must be sensitive to the possibility of family members reading here, but this is the discussion thread after all. I could see not posting it on info and support, but here we are free to discuss, are we not?

Susan

I hereby move that the link to the old thread be posted!

Anyone care to second it?

Susan

Thanks cwiz24!

We are now searching for the brave soul who has the link and is not afraid to use it!

Who will be the first to taste the freedom of the Power of Discussion?

Free Speech...Free Speech...Free Speech!

Could someone PM me who this girl is? I think I know who, but the age is two years off so I'm not sure it is the right one.

TIA!

Would someone please explain to me why we can't link the old WS thread of the little girl we've been pming each other. I must have missed something originally posted that says why we can't do that.

~ TIA..... am I just really being a bubble headed bleach blond tongiht?

L L & SWould someone please explain to me why we can't link the old WS thread of the little girl we've been pming each other. I must have missed something originally posted that says why we can't do that.

Its tp protect the poster of this thread I belive.Seeing as she is neighbors to realitives and she is the one reporting stuff.Don't want her to get harrassed if this turns out to be nothing.

I`m sorry I`m so long in getting back with you all...but my Mom has had serious complications to her knee surgery and I was up there with her longer than expected. (Potassium levels so high and sodium so low they were fearful of a heart attack, then a blood clot, and then seriously dehydrated....she is 75 and my dad is almost 80 and has health issues also)
I am going to tell you the name of this little girl (well, not so little anymore if she is still alive, she`d be 16 now)
I was a bit afraid to post her name before because I worried that someone in the family might be reading here (you never know!) but it is`nt in fear for myself as much as the "what if they do have her" and they know that neighbors are suspecious....what would they do to her???
But so many of you are asking that I can`t not tell you. Her name is Brittney Beers.
I`m hoping that The Center for Missing and Exploited Children (who I contacted) have actually contacted the proper folks to have it checked out like they said they had to and would.
No one in the neighborhood has mentioned anything about the police being seen over there while I was away.....so I hope it IS being checked into.
As far as the compresser being used for someone on a ventilating machine...NOT. The husband and wife both work as does the older son, and the teen girl goes to a private school.
I speak to these folks on the rare occassion that they are near enough...and I wave when they drive past if I am in the yard....but i`m not going to have a block party and invite them over....they are really not the type of people I want to "get close to" . I have heard the man talk really TERRIBLE to his kids and call them such awful names that I have had to come in the house because I could`nt stand it....plus they act as if they really want to be left alone. They are not friendly at all....and usually won`t even wave back....even when I`m pretty sure they have seen me.....and unless they have read something on this site, they have no reason to suspect that the neighbors are thinking anything....because they don`t associate with any of us....and all the neighbors have tried to be friendly, at least when they first moved in, until it became apparent that they did`nt want to "neighbor".
does anyone here have any connections with, or know anything about how the Center For Missing & Exploited Children works???? Are they a "for real" organization that will REALLY look into this situation???
Again...I`m sorry for being so long in coming back....and also sorry for being so long winded in this post.Thanks for listening!
Linda

If I were an anti-social member the extended family of a someone who lost a six year old little girl ten years ago, and if I were still checking crime message boards ten years later, and if I saw a thread discussing the possibility of a link to a six year old girl who went missing ten years ago, I would probably read it.

I am pretty sure I would have realized by now that the posters were not discussing some other antisocial relative of a six year old girl missing ten years who purchased their home from the people who built it who still live across the lane and wonder why my air-compressor runs year-round.

I'm just pointing out that it is very unlikely that they will ever read this, but if they did, they would have to be really dense not to realize by this point that we are talking about them.

The cat is already out of the bag, but not to worry, the neighbors are too busy growing helioponic marry-ju-wanna in the basement next to the trap door of the "extra storage space" with special ventillation to notice empty cat bags.

(JM li'l ole O )

Susan

Hope your mom is getting better, Linda! Thanks for updating us. As far as I know NCMEC is a very ligitimate agency and will investigate or pass on to the LE. I think they would then follow-up with LE to see what LE finds (but not sure about that).

I thought it was a different girl, but now see it is Brittany you're talking about. This case has always tore at my heart. Her picture looks so sad. I always wonder when the only photo they can find is with no smile and so sad looking, there must not have been many smiles in her life. I am curious what you will find out about the noise.

I was reading that Brittany went missing at an apartment complex. Is that near you, also? Or she was just visiting the relatives across from you? Also, are the neighbors you are talking about the father, stepfather, and uncle that were charged with child *advertiser censored*? Do they live there, or just other relatives? Thanks :)

I am familiar with how a air compressore sounds and goes on and off. Can't think of a good reason to run one all the time. My DH said maybe they have a shop and just leave it on all the time. ??? I would think a ventilator just needs electricity and oxygen.

stampit3d, thank you for posting more info! I am sorry about your mother's health problems. It is very kind of you to take time to be concerned about Brittany when you are so busy yourself!

I hope LE really does check these people out, but since you haven't been able to actually witness them breaking any laws, I wouldn't count on it. If any of the family living there is on parole or probation for prior crimes, LE would have a good excuse to check in to their suspicious behavior.

I have called the probation officer of a sex offender living in my neighborhood before to report him having kids at his home the same age as the ones he was arrested for abusing. The officer told me that very often , unless someone complains to him directly ablout a probationer, he never gets a report from the person who answered the initial call so the complaint never gets properly checked out.

Thank you for keeping us informed!

Susan

Hope your mom is getting better, Linda! Thanks for updating us. As far as I know NCMEC is a very ligitimate agency and will investigate or pass on to the LE. I think they would then follow-up with LE to see what LE finds (but not sure about that).

I thought it was a different girl, but now see it is Brittany you're talking about. This case has always tore at my heart. Her picture looks so sad. I always wonder when the only photo they can find is with no smile and so sad looking, there must not have been many smiles in her life. I am curious what you will find out about the noise.

I was reading that Brittany went missing at an apartment complex. Is that near you, also? Or she was just visiting the relatives across from you? Also, are the neighbors you are talking about the father, stepfather, and uncle that were charged with child *advertiser censored*? Do they live there, or just other relatives? Thanks :)

I am familiar with how a air compressore sounds and goes on and off. Can't think of a good reason to run one all the time. My DH said maybe they have a shop and just leave it on all the time. ??? I would think a ventilator just needs electricity and oxygen.

The apartment complex ia where Brittney lived. She was last seen sitting on the bench out in front of the complex next to the highway.....and that spot is where the candleight vigils for her took place.
This community has NOI forgotten her.
I did`nt know Brittney, but a friend of mine`s daughter lived there in the complex with her children at that time, and her little girl (same aprox age) played with Brittney. I`m told that Brittney was always sad and dirty . (A different kind of dirty than what you reasonably expect a child to get from playing outside.....she came out in the mornings to play already dirty.)
I did know Brittney`s mother when she was a teenager though as she lived not far from us and was friends with our daughter. ( I say i knew her....but that is an overstatement, because she never would really talk to me unless I asked her a direct question....then she`d always look at her feet to answer...never making eye contact with me. If she wanted something she would always have my daughter ask me)
As they grew up they grew apart. Tina always seemed to be in some kind of trouble and made some not too savory friends. Our daughter married and moved away.....but she happened to be up here visiting when Brittney dissappeared and , even though she had`nt seen Tina (the mom) in years, she decided she needed to go and see her and tell her how sorry she was and try to offer what comfort she could.....and when she got back fron seeing her she told me that it was really wierd. That Tina had not acted like she was even 'with it" at all....and not grieving, like you`d expect. My daughter found it so strange that she did`nt even stay long...she just wanted to get out of there. She wondered then if Tina knew something about her daughters whereabouts.
At the time I remember telling her that we all grieve differently...and that maybe the Dr had given Tina some kind of nerve meds or something....I just did`nt know what else to say.
I think the guys who were arrested in connection with sexual abuse of Brittney were her daddy, and her daddy`s brother (who Tina was living with at the time)
Tina`s other children have been taken away from her since Brittney`s dissappearance.
The people who live across from me are not either of them.....Same last name, and I know they are related, but i`m not sure exactly how...possibly cousins(???) There are quite a few Beers in town and I have not heard too much good about any of them. (You know how every town has "that family" with a reputation....if you know what I mean)
You are probably right....little Brittney most likely never did have too much to smile about....I think she had to have been a very sad child....and it makes my heart just sick! There are far too many children in the world who live horrible lives.
Linda

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rockymountaingirl