GUILTY MI - Carnel Chamberlain, 4, Mount Pleasant, 21 June 2012 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am terribly saddened every time I check in here to see that little Carnel has not yet been found. I cannot imagine the horror that this family is living. He is such a darling little boy; and they seem like such a tight community.

A huge :tyou: to longtallcold for searching and for being a local in this case. I sincerely appreciate someone who is on the ground for those of us who are miles and states away.

:gthanks:

Hey all, I have a few questions that I can't seem to find answers to and I'm hoping that someone may have the answers.

First of all, has it been confirmed that the POI was at home when mom got there or was he gone? I have read several different accounts.

Does the POI have a car or just the ATV? If he only had access to an ATV would it be difficult to transport a body with it? How far could he go on it? Sorry, I don't know much about ATVs.

Is POI a legal way to say "we know that you did it but don't have enough evidence to make you a suspect." ?

TIA and prayers to this family and this sweet baby.

A friendly FYI.

It is my understanding, per WS rules/tos, we can not reach out to the family of a victim. Family can reach out to us, but we can not reach out to them. We can not seek them out. If they come here and join us, or come here and request our assistance, that is ok.

There is a post somewhere, posted by Tricia, co-owner of WS, to absolutely NOT contact family...

Let me see if I can find and link Tricia's post. brb, going to look for Tricia's post.

If that is the case im so sorry didnt realize! Thought i'd seen similar in other cases!

Whoops! I have done this in the past. I sent money to Billie Dunn and got a letter back, and I contacted Shawn's Uncle Matt via Facebook. Both seemed to appreciate my making contact. I won't do that again (and I NEVER said I was associated with WS when I did that).

Hey all, I have a few questions that I can't seem to find answers to and I'm hoping that someone may have the answers.

First of all, has it been confirmed that the POI was at home when mom got there or was he gone? I have read several different accounts.

Does the POI have a car or just the ATV? If he only had access to an ATV would it be difficult to transport a body with it? How far could he go on it? Sorry, I don't know much about ATVs.

Is POI a legal way to say "we know that you did it but don't have enough evidence to make you a suspect." ?

TIA and prayers to this family and this sweet baby.

I keep having this awful thought... WAY out in left field... but I keep thinking of Hansel and Gretel getting lost in the woods because the bread crumbs they used to mark a trail were eaten by critters. I was thinking that a really evil person could have taken a LIVING CHILD out in the woods somewhere and left him there, unable to find a way home. That way, when they DO find him, there would be no signs of foul play... he'd have died from dehydration or lack of food, supporting a theory that he had wandered off.

I keep having this awful thought... WAY out in left field... but I keep thinking of Hansel and Gretel getting lost in the woods because the bread crumbs they used to mark a trail were eaten by critters. I was thinking that a really evil person could have taken a LIVING CHILD out in the woods somewhere and left him there, unable to find a way home. That way, when they DO find him, there would be no signs of foul play... he'd have died from dehydration or lack of food, supporting a theory that he had wandered off.

He did have access to an ATV. He could have taken him for a loooong ride out to the woods and left him. I am not sure why he would do such a thing though.

I think it is more likely that he lost his temper and hit him too hard, or something like that. jmo

I remember back in the very beginning of this case, in the very first reports, it was said that there was a small party, or at least, s few people coming and going from the home that night. I wonder what ever happened with that info. Did any witnesses say they saw the boy that night?

Search for Carnel Chamberlain continues in woods, pond and on horseback

AR-120629714.jpg&MaxW=620&MaxH=330

Kevin said investigators had new questions for Jaimee on Tuesday and that the home on Tomah Road is under lock and key, with nobody living there.

Searches of retention ponds near Tomah Road at the Tribe’s wastewater treatment plant have been completed and teams were searching Miller’s Pond off Leaton Road on Wednesday, Tribal Public Relations Manager Marcella Hadden said.

Three additional searches in heavy, dense woods, along with tracking dogs and officers on horseback from the Kent County Mounted Patrol, Hadden said.

Horseback searches were undertaken in other areas, with horses and riders working Remus Road toward Shepherd Road in open, grassy areas.

Tribal Fire Chief Fred Cantu said searchers were on foot in areas near Miller’s Pond going through thickets, brush and trees in an effort to eliminate all possibilities.

Ottawa County Sheriff’s divers performed the searches in the retention ponds using remotely operated underwater vehicles, Tribal Spokesman Frank Cloutier said earlier in the week.

Isabella County Sheriff Leo Mioduszewski said that team was called in because his dive team does not have that kind of specialized equipment.

http://www.themorningsun.com/articl...-woods-pond-and-on-horseback&pager=full_story
Hoping the new questions for Jaimee means the investigators have evidence. Perhaps something recovered from the ATV or home.

We have yet to hear if Bennett owns a car, or maybe I missed that? If his only mode of transport was the ATV how far could he go? Is the ATV a quad or something like a Gator or Ranger, anyone know?

If it's a quad, it's not likely he could carry a tool like a shovel. But if it's a Ranger or Gator he could carry a tool.

Sorry guys, I'm trying to be sensitive, but also figure out what this creep did with little Carnel. I keep thinking about the mention of water. Bennett initially was said to be cleaning the pool or that Carnel was in the pool. Has that been clarified somewhere along the way? Thinking if he mentioned water, that will figure in somehow. Either with how Carnel may have been injured, or where he is currently. Think telling a partial truth, or speaking from memory; but changing the story to suit his need. We also know that the mention of water has another meaning
icon9.gif

I remember back in the very beginning of this case, in the very first reports, it was said that there was a small party, or at least, s few people coming and going from the home that night. I wonder what ever happened with that info. Did any witnesses say they saw the boy that night?

The only witness statement I have seen in the media has been from the next door neighbors. They stated they saw Carnel jumping on a trampoline in the backyard that afternoon. No specific time was stated though. Jaimee's shift, IIRC per Kevin was 3:30-9:30 (need to fact check). So the neighbor could have seen him before Mom left for work?

I guess the important thing is that LE probably knows the answer to that question.

Police on the Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe Reservation in Isabella County in Chippewa Township are currently looking for a missing child.

4-year-old Carnell Chamberlain was last seen around 9:30 Thursday night from his yard on Tomah Road in Chippewa Township.

Carnell is 3 feet tall, Native American and was last seen wearing a dark shirt with "angry birds" on the front and dark blue or green shorts with green trim.

If you have any information on Carnell's whereabouts, contact Tribal Police immediately at 989-775-4700.

AND

http://www.wlns.com/story/18856267/p...or-missing-boy

Quote:
The search continues for a 4-year-old Mid-Michigan boy in Isabella County who went missing around 9:30 p.m. Thursday.

The boy was last seen in the pool area of a home on Tomah Road near Leaton Road in Mount Pleasant.

The missing child is identified as Carnell Chamberlain. He is of Native American descent.

Chamberlain is about 3' tall with short dark hair and green eyes and was last seen wearing a dark shirt with "Angry Birds" written on the front.

He also had on dark blue or green shorts with green trim.
==================================================

The initial story had him placed OUTSIDE in his yard at 9:30 pm or so. I wonder when that story changed. Or did it?

He did have access to an ATV. He could have taken him for a loooong ride out to the woods and left him. I am not sure why he would do such a thing though.

I think it is more likely that he lost his temper and hit him too hard, or something like that. jmo

What you are suggesting sounds more like negligence or manslaughter... an unintentional, unplanned act of violence that a SMART parent or guardian would tell the truth about rather than make it look WORSE. I was thinking more of a premeditated plan to get rid of the child that was not his, particularly if he and Jaimee had discussed having a family of their own. Sending Carnel to live with his Dad is impossible, so getting rid of him in a manner that would look like NOBODY can be blamed for anything more than not keeping a close enough eye on him, or noticing he was missing before he got far enough away to be unable to hear searchers call for him might seem an attractive option.

Hey, it's just a theory. MOO, IMO, JMO and HMO (in honor of Obamacare) *LOL*

What you are suggesting sounds more like negligence or manslaughter... an unintentional, unplanned act of violence. I was thinking more of a premeditated plan to get rid of the child that was not his, particularly if he and Jaimee had discussed having a family of their own. Sending Carnel to live with his Dad is impossible, so getting rid of him in a manner that would look like NOBODY can be blamed for anything more than not keeping a close enough eye on him, or noticing he was missing before he got far enough away to be unable to hear searchers call for him.

Hey, it's just a theory. MOO, IMO, JMO and HMO (in honor of Obamacare) *LOL*

I get what you are saying. Sort of like hansel and Gretel like thing. It is possible, but sure would take a cold blooded animal to do such a thing to a precious little 4 yr old. But of course, we have seen plenty of cruel things like that happen, so it is not impossible.

I guess, from looking at he FB of mom, that I have the feeling that AB was a caring kind of guy. I don't get the impression that he was heartless. I think he may have had an alcohol or drug problem though, so anything is possible at that point. It just makes more sense to me, given the close timeline, that he did something stupid or accidental or out of anger, or the boy drowned in the pool, then AB scrambled to cover it up before mom came home.

I am also wondering if he was just neglectful that night, and the poor kid was taken by a pedophile outside the home. The original reports were that he was last seen in the yard at 9:30 pm.

After that long jumble of thoughts, the thing that makes the most sense to me, is that the boy accidentally drowned, and AB made a cover up move. He was apparently cleaning the pool that night, which seems odd, imo.

Just to be clear......mom and her relative say she passed 2 polygraph tests. LE has neither confirmed or denied it.

Thank you for the link. I have been following Kevin Chamberlain's personal Facebook page, and I feel that he has been amazing throughout this entire ordeal. He is an ideal person to be a family spokesperson on behalf of young Carnel. He is well-spoken, articulate, and compassionate. It is really helpful to the public to hear him give a more personal glimpse into who Carnel Chamberlain is; he speaks so fondly of the little boy. Hopefully this interview will increase the pressure on Anthony Bennett and lead to the discovery of this beautiful little boy!

I also read his Facebook page and was very impressed with the person he is. He seems like a fabulous person to have on your side. How lucky for Carnel and his mother.

Now...where is that sweet little boy?

Katy that is first time I have read "Carnell Chamberlain was last seen around 9:30 Thursday night from his yard".

I have been pretty busy in real life though, so I might have missed it. Anyone else?

Just to be clear......mom and her relative say she passed 2 polygraph tests. LE has neither confirmed or denied it.

If Mom were involved or otherwise knew anything about Carnel's disappearance, I would think she would stick pretty close to Bennett. Ala, Billy Dunn-Shawn Atkins.

Bennett doesn't strike me as the chivalrous type either. Did I misunderstand your post?

Katy that is first time I have read "Carnell Chamberlain was last seen around 9:30 Thursday night from his yard".

I have been pretty busy in real life though, so I might have missed it. Anyone else?

Those were the very first articles released. I went back and reread what was on the very first page of this thread. So I do not know if they were accurate or not. But usually what we hear on the very first day has a seed of truth to it, imo.

Mom got home around 9:30 ish. So maybe the time was confused with the time she first noticed he was missing. But that other article says she was last seen in the yard by the pool, also at night. So I think there is something to it.

I can't imagine how anyone could search today in this brutal heat! Its nearly 100 degrees in the shade and when one goes outside the heat takes a person's breath away. I noticed that officials from our county (Genesee) are helping in the search. If Carnel were outside today, he wouldn't survive long without shade and cool water to drink. Also, during the nights the bugs have gotten really thick recently. I really believe that AB knows exactly where Carnel is, if only someone could make him talk. It would save so much time, money, and man power if he would just tell the truth about what happened to Carnel. Articles mentioned that when Carnel's mom was a teen and he was born, that she said she didn't want him. That doesn't mean that now, 4 years later, she didn't love and want him very much! Feelings can change a lot in 4 years and people do usually mature quite a bit over that much time. I believe the mom trusted AB with her child and had no expectation that he would neglect or harm him. However, I believe AB is responsible for Carnel's disappearance and that he probably brought harm to him in one way or another and then tried to hide the evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname