GUILTY MI - Chelsea Bruck, 22, Frenchtown Twp, 26 Oct 2014 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
One camera in the video did a close up of a black haired lady with a grey streak and several younger ladies...........mother? sister? girlfriend?and 1 in orange.......how appropriate.........his supporters?

I think that row is probably friends/former friends? of DC. The long haired blonde is a former girlfriend, the rest may be her friends/support.

Mom and Dad are holding hands in the front row.

How did DC turn up on the LE' radar? (New to this case, though I do remember NG covering it, and, again when her costume was found) I'm just unclear how evidence led to DC?

Quite possibly one of his latest arrests had to give DNA, and they made a match. Then they did surveillance on his home ... and the arrest came through.

DNA on her costume?

From article:

"The suspect was taken into custody Friday afternoon at 2:55 PM. The Sheriff says this arrest stems from results they just received from the Michigan State Crime Lab linking the suspect to evidence collected at the crime scene.

Crews set up surveillance at the suspect's home and made the arrest shortly after.

The Sheriff's Department says that the suspect knew information that was not released to the public."
http://www.13abc.com/content/news/Arrested-made-in-Chelsea-Bruck-murder-case-388003532.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well glad the next two court dates are rather soon to learn some more info hopefully. Going to try and stay off SM for a few hours (ha!). People are wondering why not death penalty or first degree murder. Wish people took the time to look up or think about what they post before doing it... But guess they don't care how dumb they make themselves look.
[emoji58]

I'm confused now...............wasn't somebody supposed to jump over the bannister and try to choke the life out of him on live t.v. ?

Awful quiet and orderly in that courtroom..........hope they can get a bigger place when it comes time for the trial.

When I saw the size of the courtroom.. It crossed my mind. For such a high profile case that room wasnt very secure.

I've mapped, as an orange star, an address for Daniel Clay that Moonflowers111 had posted in the prior thread here . The address is 13442 Pear St., Carleton, MI. It's in a partially occupied trailer park.

It is a recent address, but isn't the Frenchtown address (further south and not on this screenshot) cited in the press as Clay's address at the time of his arrest (7/22/16). This Carleton address seems to correspond to the place he lived at the time of Chelsea's murder in Nov. 14. Police hadn't given a street address for Clay's residence at the time of the murder, but said that "At the time of Miss Bruck’s disappearance and murder, the man lived about two miles away from where her body was located in a remote area off Briar Hill Rd. in Ash Township." Per: Ray Kasonas, Monroe News, 7/22/16, http://www.monroenews.com/news/20160722/arrest-made-in-chelsea-bruck-murder " I'm guessing that they are talking about the 13442 Pear St., Carleton address, which is just about two miles east of the site where Chelsea's body was found.

Quoting from Moon's post:

These are the two latest I found...guessing they took DNA from one of those and the State Police matched it up.

Monroe News, The (MI) May 14, 2016
Section: News Page: 6A

Facing charges
Daniel A. Clay, 27, 13442 Pear St., Carleton, larceny from the person. Probable cause conference May 19. Preliminary
exam May 24.

Monroe News, The (MI) (Published as Monroe Evening News, The (MI))
February 4, 2015 Section: News Page: 8A

Sentenced
Daniel A. Clay, 26, 13442 Pear St., Carleton, attempted resisting and obstructing officer. 180 days in jail immediately.
Possession of marijuana. 1 year in jail, 180 days immediately. Concurrent time, credit for 17 days served. Charge of resisting and obstructing officer dismissed.

Here's a link to the Google case map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1BTTyX0-Ie-4W6wWkgVT_Nrti8M8

Screenshot 2016-07-25 at 2.19.43 PM.png

From article:

"The suspect was taken into custody Friday afternoon at 2:55 PM. The Sheriff says this arrest stems from results they just received from the Michigan State Crime Lab linking the suspect to evidence collected at the crime scene.

Crews set up surveillance at the suspect's home and made the arrest shortly after.

The Sheriff's Department says that the suspect knew information that was not released to the public."
http://www.13abc.com/content/news/Arrested-made-in-Chelsea-Bruck-murder-case-388003532.html

I wonder which location was the crime scene? Where the costume was found, or, her body?

FYI: In case anyone following this case doesn't live in the Great Lakes state, Michigan DOES NOT have the death penalty. Strongest sentence for murder is LIFE IN PRISON with no possibility for parole.

Did Chelsea know him?

I think all we know right now is that one of his " ex girlfriends"/someone acquainted with him used to work with Chelsea at Olga's and attended the party with her if I remember correctly from something that was posted here recently.

Julia Niswender murder was mentioned in comments under TV broadcast..................someone waning to know if he is connected to her death. I did not follow her story very close 3 years ago............just throwing this info out there

Daniel Clay charged with 2nd-degree murder in Chelsea Bruck case

MONROE, MI — The 27-year-old arrested in connection to the Chelsea Bruck case was charged with second-degree murder Monday, July 25 in Monroe County's 1st District Court.

Daniel Allan Clay, of Newport, voluntarily denied bond during his Monday afternoon arraignment. Monroe County Chief Assistant Prosecutor Michael Roehrig said he "can't recall" another time a suspect has voluntarily asked for no bond.

The prosecutor said the second-degree murder charge is because there is "no evidence to prove premeditation."

While additional charges are possible, Roehrig said after the arraignment he "can't speculate to what those would be."

Clay has a 2 p.m. Thursday probable cause conference, and a 11:30 a.m. Aug. 2 preliminary examination scheduled

Read more here: http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2016/07/daniel_clay_charged_with_2nd-d.html

ETA: Article includes defendant's mugshot photo

Bless her families hearts that have to be in the same room with him.............

That's all I could think while watching the video. I don't know how these families do it. I would lose my mind, I think.

Sorry that made me chuckle.... I couldn't even imagine sitting a few rows away from his "supporters". Ugh. Also surprised me how many people had their phones out snapping away. I always thought you couldn't have phones. Ha. Shows how much i know about being in court. [emoji58]

I was surprised by the phones as well. Anyone know if they are allowed or what? Seemed so odd..

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/girlfriend-of-suspect-arrested-in-chelsea-bruck-case-speaks
I'm pretty sure this has been posted before but am I just now catching this? He claims he tried doing CPR on her.

"When he did it he did it too rough, and he tried to give her CPR and he freaked out," Richter said.

"Richter said her boyfriend told her in the phone call he accidentally strangled Bruck."
Pretty sure that doing CPR on a victim of blunt force trauma to the head isn't going to work. What do I know, I'm not a doctor....

I swear I remember seeing a sign in the background saying no cell phones, maybe it was relaxed because it was just an arraignment versus actual trial? Definitely seemed very odd and informal to me. I can't believe it was so short, still kind of in shock.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/girlfriend-of-suspect-arrested-in-chelsea-bruck-case-speaks
I'm pretty sure this has been posted before but am I just now catching this? He claims he tried doing CPR on her.

"When he did it he did it too rough, and he tried to give her CPR and he freaked out," Richter said.

"Richter said her boyfriend told her in the phone call he accidentally strangled Bruck."
Pretty sure that doing CPR on a victim of blunt force trauma to the head isn't going to work. What do I know, I'm not a doctor....
I wonder if they found bruising on her chest, and that's why DC is claiming he tried CPR?

I wonder if they found bruising on her chest, and that's why DC is claiming he tried CPR?

I think he's trying to create a story to make himself appear less guilty. Her remains were found a good while after she disappeared so I'm not sure there would be any signs of bruising.
He's probably doing the song and dance most confessors do which is, "I know I'm caught, how can I create as much distance as possible from the crime itself and my part of it?"
He said she died when strangled, the coroner stated blunt force trauma to the head. So he'll probably redact that statement and next say he shook her when she stopped breathing and hit her head. IMO

Thank you, LadyJustice2188!!

So he is unemployed ... why does that not surprise me?

His lawyer was citing reference for getting a bond when he cut in and said "may I say something. I don't even want a bond. I'm not even going to ask for one."

Who does he think he's kidding? Even if he had a chance at bond, who's going to provide him 3 hots and a cot?:jail:

Also I recall reading during the Bob Bashara case, during rough sex, couples should have a "safe" word. He's :liar:. I hope when he is sentenced he gets assigned to the men's prison in the U. P.:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean