Deceased/Not Found MI - Coral Hall, 14, Flint, 22 Sept 1998 - *L. Janish guilty*

I would be very interested in seeing the pictures. I find all information to be valuable, even if it's only to get the perspective of the layout of the land. Project Jason has some newspaper articles that are interesting, and they have a new picture of her that really shows her teeth.
I think with all the talent here at Websleuths, we can get it done! :)

link to Project Jason:
http://projectjason.org/forums/index.php?topic=2637.0

For all of my good intentions, I am at heart, still a wuss.
We are supposed to get a warm snap this weekend, and I am going to then to take pictures. I hate the cold weather, so if I know that I can wait a short time for warmer weather, I will. So this weekend, is my plan.

In reading this article I really was confused by this:

Article: http://www.mlive.com/flintjournal/index.ssf/2008/09/flint_michigan_ten_years.html

Statement: Janish said she isn't sure why the NCMEC believes her grandaughter may be in California, but Bob Russo, case manager for the organization's northeast region, said it was Janish who reported to them in 1998 that two adult men living in her home often made statements about taking Hall to California.

Why would a grandmother who had two adult males in the home and overheard this, be surprised that law enforcement thinks she may be in CA?? People constantly amaze me. I wish it was in a good way though.

In reading this article I really was confused by this:

Article: http://www.mlive.com/flintjournal/index.ssf/2008/09/flint_michigan_ten_years.html

Statement: Janish said she isn't sure why the NCMEC believes her grandaughter may be in California, but Bob Russo, case manager for the organization's northeast region, said it was Janish who reported to them in 1998 that two adult men living in her home often made statements about taking Hall to California.

Why would a grandmother who had two adult males in the home and overheard this, be surprised that law enforcement thinks she may be in CA?? People constantly amaze me. I wish it was in a good way though.

That confused me too, but I wonder if maybe it has been so long that the grandmother simply has forgotten that little detail herself. She is getting up there and little things slip your mind after 11 years.
I personally have wondered how well those two men were questioned, and if their answers to some questions are why NCMEC still thinks she could be in CA.

has any1 looked at Hall's mother or father or mother's boyfriend/ whatever as a suspect?

I think her mother was incarcerated at the time. Her father, as far as I recall, had no involvement in her life. She lived with her grandmother.

I might be shaky on the details, it's been awhile. I do know that she was not living with her mother, she was in danger of going into foster care because of truancy and she had gone to DHS to report that someone was abusing her soon before she disappeared.

So who was she living with? She said someone was abusing her at home. She called and told a friend things were bad, at home. If we could find out who she was living with, we would know where home was. And if we can do that, we can probably find out what happened. I don't believe she went to CA, not after calling a friend. I don't believe it was a random thing, because it happened probably right after she made the call. Maybe she was running from someone at her "home" and that person or persons caught up with her. Kind of like the "if I can't have her no one can" thing.

I think her mother was incarcerated at the time. Her father, as far as I recall, had no involvement in her life. She lived with her grandmother.

I might be shaky on the details, it's been awhile. I do know that she was not living with her mother, she was in danger of going into foster care because of truancy and she had gone to DHS to report that someone was abusing her soon before she disappeared.

Her mother had died Dec. 23, 1996 of a drug overdose and her father's identity was never known.
I'm keeping my eyes open for her as I run around the net. If I find any articles about her, or an UID possibility, I'll let you know.

I live in Michigan, southwest, and had never heard of this case until I clicked notmykids' link. Where could she be?
Were Melissa's boyfriend and uncle ever suspects? Is it possible that they actually did pick Coral up in Flint, caused her harm and then made up the story that they couldn't find her? I'm not clear on the details, though, because most accounts imply that the boyfriend and uncle went to Flint to pick Coral up but CharleyProject says that Melissa accompanied her uncle and says nothing about the boyfriend. Anyone know which account is accurate? BTW, I don't think Melissa is involved in any wrongdoing, just to clarify.

Was the grandmother ever a suspect? Is it also possible that she caused Coral harm? I'm sorry, I don't mean to make accusations. I know nothing about this woman or her morals and mean no offense. It's just strange to me that 2 men lived with them and would make comments about taking Coral to California. It's so vague, two men. Who were these men? Why were they living there? And how long after they made comments regarding kidnapping her granddaughter did she allow them to continue staying there? Did I miss this information somewhere? It just doesn't seem like a very stable environment to me. And why did Coral's own mother have so many problems? Was she, too, raised by the grandmother? Coral went that day to DHS to file a report of abuse or neglect. Against the grandmother? Or the two men? Who?? What were Coral and her grandma arguing about and can anybody that lived near there remember if the grandmother left the house the night Coral disappeared?

I believe her friends when they say she wouldn't have just disappeared from their lives. I believe she would run away from her grandmother, but I don't think she would run away from her friends, because it seems like they're the only stability and love she knew. She was a girl in search of acceptance because of her mother's selfishness, I think she found that acceptance in her friends and don't believe that she would not contact them at least once to tell them she was ok. She called Melissa when she had problems, that's evident by the trip they took to DHS together and by the phone call she placed to Melissa before she disappeared. I'm confident in my belief that she would have called at least her if she had decided to just run away.

JMO

It's really hard to predict what unstable teens will do. I took off at 15 and I was just gone. I didn't contact anyone- I left with my boyfriend and went from IA to TX. I had no contacts in TX other than the boyfriend, I was gone for 9 months without ever having contacted anyone in IA.

I really hope Coral is somewhere having a good life, but I know how young and trusting I was, although I didn't think I was at the time, and the countless number of times I put myself in a position to have something horrible happen to me.

Appreciating All.
Snuf

It just seems sooooo.... Coincidental is all. She goes and tells DCS that she is being abused or neglected. Now they cannot release those reports to the public, so we will never know what the true nature of the problems were that she reported. It could have been beatings, it could have been neglect IE not have enough to eat or no winter clothes, it could have been some sort of sexual abuse or something else. Whatever it was, she goes and tells them about it, puts in a complaint, looking for either help or attention or a reason to be removed from the home she is in. Whether it is true or not, she puts it in. Than she calls her friend, and tells her friend that she is having "problems at home". Sounds like she doesn't elaborate, but whatever she says, it is enough for her friend to become concerned. So the friend calls HER uncle, (that's what it sounds like to me), and the two of them drive down to where she is supposed to be waiting for them. But Coral is nowhere to be seen. So they start driving around. What gets me, is this. How big of a coincidence that she goes to Child Services for help, AND calls a friend to say she is having big problems at home, big enough that she wants to LIVE with the friend, and by the time the friend and her uncle get there, she has vanished into thin air.

It makes me think maybe someone from the home found her and did something to her for telling child services. Or maybe she went back home to grab something she forgot, something important. A piece of jewelery, or some money she had forgotten and had stashed away, or a teddy bear she could never replace, maybe a favorite top or something, and than something was done to her. Either way it suggests foul play to me.

http://www.facebook.com/people/Coral-Hall/1744457793?ref=search

I think the pic on this facebook looks a lot like Coral Pearl Hall. What do you all think? Look at the eyes and even basic hairstyle. The brown of her hair looks dyed to me. Anyways, I think it looks fairly close.

The Coral from FB's hair is definitely dyed.

I think they look very close as well. It was uncanny when I looked. I wonder if she has been contacted.

Her FB is private, but most of her friends have listings for various schools and colleges in England. There are many listings for West Midlands. I also saw Wolverhampton.

I'm not sure about the contacting her thing. We could, or we could hand the tip over to LE.
I'd say hand it over to LE, mainly because I am not sure if there is anything illegal about us contacting. Don't think there is, but I don't know for sure.
I'm still doing pictures on Saturday, although it would be great if this FB Coral were her.

i think I earlier answered a question re: her mother as her mother was in jail. Correction her mother died 2 years prior.

What do ya'll think about this one?

http://doenetwork.org/cases/533ufil.html

She's not Coral, I asked a while back while checking into the case of the IL woman, and they actually think she's at the higher end of the age est. But, in her case, they think the colostomy bag might not have anything to do with her, it may have already been there.
There may be a break in the IL case, soon. There is a very dedicated researcher who has been called in on that case, as IL does not have a cold case unit. She is being handled with all the other murders in IL that the State Police have. Maybe the fresh eyes will get some more info on her.

Pictures tomorrow, if anyone wants shots of anything specific, let me know and I will try to oblige.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrskrash2012
Back