MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Holocene I am so sorry. I hope she just needed to get away...this time of year can be hard for so many reasons...known and unknown.

Holocene do you have any idea of why she may have missed meeting for dinner? Possibly she was in her car to leave and something happened and she went to help or someone she knew came by?
Unfortunately no. She was a very happy person and was in good spirits at the time as far as I know. I know she was looking forward to going out, and that's about it. There were theories being floated by the police and friends looking for information on Sunday, but that's as much as I know at the moment. I hope something comes to light soon.

I have a doctor's appointment late tomorrow morning but will certainly make every effort to be home on time for the press conference. Pleased to know that the family is speaking out and hoping they will let the public know what we can do to help - distribute fliers, participate in searches, etc. :praying: that Danielle is located soon.
I'm also a local and am hoping for her safe return. She's smiling in all of the pictures posted online; she seems like a really nice person. If she made it home, she was probably walking to her apartment or to the mailbox if that complex has outdoor mailboxes (which most do now). She could have been abducted by someone living nearby who had seen her coming and going, or she may have been followed.
I read some reviews for that apartment complex, and a couple of things concerned me:
1) Several people mentioned that there is no assigned parking, so Danielle may not have been able to park very close to her apartment entrance.
2) Someone stated that other residents leave doors propped open when they go outside to smoke, which would present obvious security issues if true.
The news articles have not mentioned anything about her recently ending a relationship or having any obsessive ex-boyfriends.

Hi all. I've been following and spent some time in her IG today, which is wide open and she shares alot of herself. Several relationships all well documented. I can't recall how recent. It looks like she started following a lifestyle nutrition plan called whole30 which is about eating only Whole Foods, no additives, only healthy fats and low glycemic usually low carb. The progression of her loss seems abrupt but that's normal and she takes great care of herself and is a really impressive person. I hope so sincerely she is okay.

I have also inspected her IG. It seems she is dating someone (found his IG account and he posted recently about her missing).

She seems to be a happy, sensible person.

Someone here commented that she went home just to change her clothes after work, with the intention of meeting a friend. Maybe she left her purse in the car because she knew she was going to quickly return to the car. Maybe she only took her phone with her. I've done that when I'm in a rush.

I'm worried that she went missing between the parking lot and her home. IMO (based on friends' comments) she doesn't seem to be the type to just walk away and leave without saying anything. On one of her online missing posters, someone commented that she is also a supervisor. (https://www.facebook.com/WJBKFox2Detroit/posts/10154894608567994)

I hope that this is all just a misunderstanding and that she is found safe.

I'm also a local and am hoping for her safe return. She's smiling in all of the pictures posted online; she seems like a really nice person. If she made it home, she was probably walking to her apartment or to the mailbox if that complex has outdoor mailboxes (which most do now). She could have been abducted by someone living nearby who had seen her coming and going, or she may have been followed.
I read some reviews for that apartment complex, and a couple of things concerned me:
1) Several people mentioned that there is no assigned parking, so Danielle may not have been able to park very close to her apartment entrance.
2) Someone stated that other residents leave doors propped open when they go outside to smoke, which would present obvious security issues if true.
The news articles have not mentioned anything about her recently ending a relationship or having any obsessive ex-boyfriends.
She actually parked right in front of her building so it would have been easily accessible for her. Complex has indoor mailboxes. No obsessive ex-boyfriends as far as anyone is aware.

Independence Green Apartments, I'm not a fan for a single female. Kind of a sprawling place, not well lit at night and yes, the building doors are not the most secure (but of course one would also be locking their own apartment door).

Just to search that property would be a big undertaking, lots of buildings to search and of course the property itself. A number of other apartment complexes in the area also.

Independence Green Apartments, I'm not a fan for a single female. Kind of a sprawling place, not well lit at night and yes, the building doors are not the most secure (but of course one would also be locking their own apartment door).

Just to search that property would be a big undertaking, lots of buildings to search and of course the property itself. A number of other apartment complexes in the area also.

Absolutely agreed. I used to live in the neighboring complex, Windemere, and my wife and I ultimately moved for many of those reasons. Searching the grounds took a very large, coordinated effort and there is still so much left that could be covered. Lots of ponds and reeds. Searching inside the buildings though...yeah, that would take a very long time. There are all the apartments at Independence Green, all the apartments at Windemere, all of the neighboring Drake condominiums that are connected as well, the giant sprawling apartment complex "Muirwood" just over the brick wall next to Independence Green, and then there's the apartment complex actoss the street "Chatham Hills". Just past Windemere is a huge, fairly upscale neighborhood (same thing with Chatham Hills). Across the street on the other side is another heavily wooded area, a pond and a golf course. Lots of local businesses, run down or abandoned industrial complexes, and then a Kroger down the road. We canvassed all of those areas. The freeway is literally right around the corner, which has me a little nervous.

Absolutely agreed. I used to live in the neighboring complex, Windemere, and my wife and I ultimately moved for many of those reasons. Searching the grounds took a very large, coordinated effort and there is still so much left that could be covered. Lots of ponds and reeds. Searching inside the buildings though...yeah, that would take a very long time. There are all the apartments at Independence Green, all the apartments at Windemere, all of the neighboring Drake condominiums that are connected as well, the giant sprawling apartment complex "Muirwood" just over the brick wall next to Independence Green, and then there's the apartment complex actoss the street "Chatham Hills". Just past Windemere is a huge, fairly upscale neighborhood (same thing with Chatham Hills). Across the street on the other side is another heavily wooded area, a pond and a golf course. Lots of local businesses, run down or abandoned industrial complexes, and then a Kroger down the road. We canvassed all of those areas. The freeway is literally right around the corner, which has me a little nervous.

Thanks for the insight for us non locals! I'm going to have a look at it on maps. Get a clear perspective.

Sorry if I've read this and I have not remembered but do we know what time of day she would have or should have arrived back at her apartment?

She actually parked right in front of her building so it would have been easily accessible for her. Complex has indoor mailboxes. No obsessive ex-boyfriends as far as anyone is aware.

If Danielle arrived home from work at @5:00PM on Friday, it was nearly dark. Are parking areas and building exteriors well-lit? Someone could have followed her home from work or waited for her nearby. Any issues with someone at work, since that was the last place she was seen?

ETA: Is it known where Danielle was going for dinner? Was she meeting someone at a restaurant or being picked up at her apartment?

I just watched the AE documentary and saw this story posted on Reddit and joined Web Sleuths. I really dont have too much insight but thought I would post.

Social Media
Twitter - I don't see any Twitter updates past 2014 if I am looking at the right account
Instagram - Shows what looks like a genuinely happy person that posts mostly photos of food, yoga, nature and hiking related settings. There are a couple of alcohol photos but nothing of any concern like so many young peoples photos were you see party, drinking and drug related photos. There is really none of that.
Facebook - I don't see a facebook page at all

Relationships
I posted on Reddit one persons IG account who appeared to be a boyfriend about 10 weeks or more ago. He traveled to Costa Rica and has since returned. It did not appear to be a serious relationship and they stopped mentioning each other weeks ago.

She did tag somebody else in a photo stating she liked his feed and maybe he would like hers. That person appears to be a hiker who was posting photos from the outdoors in BC, Canada.

I really don't see anything alarming, at all.

My other thoughts went to work that she had just left. Is there a co-worker that would be of any interest?

There has been lots said already about the apartment complex and the crime that has happened there in the past.

There appear to be zero light stands in the parking lot and at this time of the year it gets dark early.

A search in Google news shows a 60 year old woman was attacked at another complex nearby recently but that motive appeared to be robbery.
http://www.theoaklandpress.com/gene...woman-assaulted-forced-inside-home-by-suspect

I have to think that is she was abducted against her will in the parking lot even if it was dark somebody in that complex would have heard something.

If she left her purse in the car to run into the apartment but didn't make it to her apartment my question would be who lives in that apartment building?

A search of the Sex Offenders database shows 10 in a 2 mile radius with one being very close who is not in compliance. His charge involves a 13 year old.
Not sure if this link will work: http://www.icrimewatch.net/results....drZip=48335&AddrZipPlus=&excludeIncarcerated=

I too like one of the above posters noticed the Interstates being very close. They jump right out at you on the map.

<mod snip>

Where is her passport?

The other thing I noticed from viewing the information and Facebook posts is that some of her relatives look like her. A few have her distinct nose. Maybe somebody spotted a cousin. Just a thought.

Kind of rambling but trying to help.

I just watched the AE documentary and saw this story posted on Reddit and joined Web Sleuths. I really dont have too much insight but thought I would post.

Social Media
Twitter - I don't see any Twitter updates past 2014 if I am looking at the right account
Instagram - Shows what looks like a genuinely happy person that posts mostly photos of food, yoga, nature and hiking related settings. There are a couple of alcohol photos but nothing of any concern like so many young peoples photos were you see party, drinking and drug related photos. There is really none of that.

Relationships
I posted on Reddit one persons IG account who appeared to be a boyfriend about 10 weeks or more ago. He traveled to Costa Rica and has since returned. It did not appear to be a serious relationship and they stopped mentioning each other weeks ago.

She did tag somebody else in a photo stating she liked his feed and maybe he would like hers. That person appears to be a hiker who was posting photos from the outdoors in BC, Canada.

My other thoughts went to work that she had just left. Is there a co-worker that would be of any interest?

There has been lots said already about the apartment complex and the crime that has happened there in the past.

There appear to be zero light stands in the parking lot and at this time of the year it gets dark early.

A search in Google news shows a 60 year old woman was attacked at another complex nearby recently but that motive appeared to be robbery.
http://www.theoaklandpress.com/gene...woman-assaulted-forced-inside-home-by-suspect

I have to think that is she was abducted against her will in the parking lot even if it was dark somebody in that complex would have heard something.

If she left her purse in the car to run into the apartment but didn't make it to her apartment my question would be who lives in that apartment building?

A search of the Sex Offenders database shows 10 in a 2 mile radius with one being very close who is not in compliance. His charge involves a 13 year old.
Not sure if this link will work: http://www.icrimewatch.net/results....drZip=48335&AddrZipPlus=&excludeIncarcerated=

I too like one of the above posters noticed the Interstates being very close. They jump right out at you on the map.

<mod snip>

Where is her passport?

The other thing I noticed from viewing the information and Facebook posts is that some of her relatives look like her. A few have her distinct nose. Maybe somebody spotted a cousin. Just a thought.

Great first post, Barely, and thanks for joining us!

I'm going to try to create a map, showing where she was last seen in Southfield and where her car was found. I will add the above location as a site of possible sighting as well.

Good point regarding her passport. I hope they address that -or a reporter ask about that- at the press conference today.

Social Media

Relationships

<mod snip>

Where is her passport?

Thank you for all of this. I saw that post on the page this morning around 6:30 a.m. and sent it to my sister. She called the police and they forwarded it to the detective overseeing the case. We will see what comes of it if anything.

I appreciate all of you.

Thank you for all of this. I saw that post on the page this morning around 6:30 a.m. and sent it to my sister. She called the police and they forwarded it to the detective overseeing the case. We will see what comes of it if anything.

I appreciate all of you.

Thank you for making sure that the tip got to the police, Holocene, and also for joining us! Thinking of Danielle, her family and friends this morning.

Social Media

Relationships

<mod snip>

Where is her passport?

:welcome4: :goodpost:

Great first post, thank you for joining us!!

Great first post, Barely, and thanks for joining us!

I'm going to try to create a map, showing where she was last seen in Southfield and where her car was found. I will add the above location as a site of possible sighting as well.

Good point regarding her passport. I hope they address that -or a reporter ask about that- at the press conference today.

BBM.

Great! Thank you, inmyhumbleopinion. I was going to do a map today but it has not stopped at work so I haven't been free for more than a few minutes at a time!!

Here is a map: https://goo.gl/maps/A7Ms7UFdboS2

*Please note: I have included the site of possible sighting as per a comment on a page that is not allowed per TOS -since it is a fund-raising page-. The above map assume that Danielle was driven to this location (e.g., via an Uber, a taxi, etc.). She could have used public transportation, however: Under the assumption that Danielle left the apartment parking lot right around 5:30 PM last Friday, she would have been able to get to the area of the Book Tower by 7:12 PM, which jibes with the time of possible sighting: https://goo.gl/maps/ggmX59qvSaz

In addition to various People Mover stations and Rosa Parks Transit Center, also within walking distance (13 - 14 minute on foot) from the Book Tower is Detroit Greyhound: https://goo.gl/maps/x2zvkxdSmfB2

Not sure as to the validity of the possible sighting, but it may be good for the police to go over security footage from the Greyhound station for a 24-hour-period starting at 5:45 PM or so on Friday, Dec. 2nd.

I do wonder if there is any indication as to whether Danielle took any clothing, toiletries, etc. with her. My understanding is that the keys to her car and apartment, and her phone (which goes straight to voicemail) are the only items missing. I also understand that her purse and wallet were found in her car, but she could have gotten an Uber with the phone app to get to the Greyhound and paid cash for a bus ticket once at the station: https://www.greyhound.com/en/help-and-info/ticket-info/payment-ticket-options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crzyness1013