MI - Dr. Teleka Patrick, 30, Kalamazoo Media & Map Links - no discussion please

Dwayne Duncombe, her cousin, lives in Crete, Illinois. That’s about 30 minutes from where Patrick’s Lexus was found. He said there’s a lot of questions but no answers.

“Everybody is distraught. Everybody is just wondering where she is. We’ve been calling each other, praying with each other. Folks are having dreams about her at night, thinking where she could be,” Duncombe said.

Duncombe said he’s the last family member that saw her.

“She was with us for Thanksgiving, and I’m just hoping that she’ll be with our family again for Christmas,” he said.

That was five days before she disappeared. He and other relatives spent last week passing out flyers throughout the region, including Illinois, Indiana, and Kalamazoo.

snip

“Actually that just really makes it worse for me, because the fact that I’m so close makes me think that I was right here. I wish she could have made it to my house, and that I could have helped in some way,” he said.

http://fox17online.com/2013/12/18/t...-have-spoken-to-missing-doctor/#ixzz2nsO6QbU7

Interview with person Teleka visited on Thanksgiving day, and a nurse she worked with:

Rev. Doreen Gardner, who works at Mt. Zion Baptist Church, said she met Teleka at a prayer meeting recently.

“She had a powerful testimony, and I was drawn to her,” Gardner said.

Gardner said she had Teleka over for Thanksgiving dinner and she talked to and encouraged Gardner’s daughter, who is in a doctoral program.

“She (Teleka) encouraged her that she could finish,” Gardner said. “She is such a beautiful young woman.”

Janice Parker, a nursewho works with Teleka, said the staff in their unit is “like a family.”

“We are worried sick, and we all are praying for her,” Parker said.

http://kalamazoogazette.mi.newsmemory.com/pda.php?date=20131217&eid=0&sid=0&aid=16

Asked Monday if he knew what would have led Patrick to be on westbound I-94 late on Dec. 5, Clatterbuck said he did not have an answer but did offer that she has family and friends who live in Chicago and “a close friend she was seeing on an irregular basis” lived “in that general direction.”

However, Clatterbuck said family and friends in Chicago, nor the close friend talked to Patrick that night.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2013/12/private_eye_says_teleka_patric.html

"Basically, the shuttle bus driver is the last person who saw her that we can confirm," Clatterbuck said. "He said that she said something like, 'Sorry I'm not going to stay there tonight.'"

The private investigator said the shuttle driver dropped Patrick off at her gold 1997 Lexus ES300 and saw her get into the car. The shuttle driver told police that when Patrick pulled out of the hospital's parking lot, "he did not see anyone following her."

"I haven't been given any information to date that would lead me to believe someone was following her," Clatterbuck said Tuesday. "œI don'™t know why she would feel unsafe ... this is all part of the mystery of this case, why she would be exhibiting these behaviors."

Clatterbuck said Dec. 5 was not the first time Patrick went to the Radisson. He said that through interviews conducted as part of his investigation, he found she had checked into a room at the hotel "about a month or two" prior to her disappearance, again because she felt unsafe.

Clatterbuck said he doesn't know whether on the earlier visit to the hotel Patrick left her cellphone and purse behind at the hospital, as she did Dec. 5.

snip

"It's not typical for a woman of her age to leave her cellphone, but I'm guessing she did it intentionally and I don't know why she did that," Clatterbuck said. "Taken together as a totality, I see her wanting to use cash, I see her leaving her cellphone, she has two chances to get it (from the hospital). She's acting kind of furtive between the cars at the parking lot.

"I'm just thinking that she had some kind of plan to be anonymous or not be recognized so much, and I don't know why she felt that way."

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo...ick_felt_unsafe_che.html#incart_river_default

Police Talk About Night Teleka Patrick Went Missing
WOOD TV8 WOOD TV8
Published on Dec 16, 2013
Police Talk About Night Teleka Patrick Went Missing

Interview with Kalamazoo sheriff in which he says Teleka told the shuttle driver to drop her in a certain area in the parking lot, and he drove off presuming she had gotten in her car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRYfzbE2JOk

Transcribed what the sheriff said:

Sheriff - "She identified an area where she could be dropped off, and she was dropped off there. And she walked through the parking lot and the driver just left with the presumption she got in the car and drove away."

Northeast Indiana Search and Rescue, Inc. facebook

31 December, 2013 - Following a request from the family of Teleka Patrick, NEISAR Ground Team members joined the search for the missing 30 year-old doctor.

With snow on the ground, more snow fast approaching, and temperatures in the low teens, the NEISAR team went to work doing a full sweep and line search of multiple search grids. With the unit’s military background and training standards, NEISAR operators are known for their tenacity, searching areas that normally would be passed over. Underground storm sewers, waist-deep creeks and inaccessible quarries are standard fare for a NEISAR ground search.

NEISAR will continue its search assistance until Teleka is found.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?....436343703091050.99768.307800472612041&type=1

Calderon, who was married to Patrick from 2006 to 2011,said she also suffered from what he suspects was a serious mental illness.

snip

"I believe it's a serious concern because every day that she's still missing, it's a danger," Calderon said. "This is a tragedy. I don't think she's hiding somewhere. I think she's being held against her will or the worst."

Calderon said he and Patrick's marriage started to crumble after he pressured her to seek mental help. When she refused, he left her out of concern for his safety and that of his children from a previous relationship.

snip

He said he also has witnessed firsthand the erratic driving reported on the highway before Patrick's Lexus was found in Indiana. He said he suspects she experiencing a delusion and fearing someone was chasing her.

snip

"Teleka, right now, she would have responded," Calderon said. "This is a serious situation. She's not just on vacation right now."

While the FBI and authorities in two states have gotten involved in the investigation, Calderon said he has not been contacted about the case. He said he fears that someone may have taken advantage of Patrick during a delusional episode.

He does not believe she's missing on her own volition and said he is certain she would not have harmed herself intentionally.

"That's why I think this is really important that we bring awareness that this is not just some doctor that's just trying to get away. This is someone that was suffering," Calderon said. "This is a red alert."

http://www.woodtv.com/news/local/ka...icks-exhusband-had-concerns-of-mental-illness

One ideal lead to follow, although TP could be anywhere by now, is the city of Gary, IN...hospitals, homes, rescue shelters, anywhere...!

Patrick’s sister, 27-year-old social worker Tenesha Patrick, said she was unaware of any mental diagnoses Teleka may have had but appreciated Calderon coming forward. She has been following the case from her home in Cambridge, Mass.

Tensha Patrick was disappointed to hear that investigators had not interviewed Calderon.

“I know that his name was given to detectives. ... He wasn’t interviewed and that’s definitely unfortunate,” Tenesha Patrick said. “He felt he needed to bring his perspective to the story. We’re definitely thankful that he shared this perspective and vocalized that.”

Tenesha Patrick added that Calderon had never voiced concern about Teleka’s mental state throughout the marriage.

http://www.freep.com/article/20140102/NEWS06/301020113/Teleka-Patrick-ex-husband

WOOD TV ‏@WOODTV 4m
Court documents show missing doctor is accused of stalking GR celebrity pastor. At 6 pm, timeline of what happened: http://j.woodtv.com/8mjs8

Grand Rapids gospel singer Marvin Sapp claimed that missing Kalamazoo doctor Teleka Patrick had an obsession with him, prompting him to file a personal protection order against her, court records show.

snip

In a personal protection order request, Grammy-nominated gospel singer and Grand Rapids pastor Marvin Sapp wrote that Patrick was stalking him.

Sapp said in the document that Patrick began contacting him before she moved to West Michigan from California.

"She has moved from CA to MI," Sapp wrote in part in the PPO request. "Joined my church, contacts my children, and has been to my home."

And, he wrote, she was claiming him as her husband.

snip

"She went to Michigan on purpose and I don't believe it had anything to do with, 'Oh, Michigan has a really great psychiatric residency program,'" Calderon told Target 8 in an exclusive interview from his California home. "What I heard is that there was somebody that she maybe felt that God wanted her to be with."

snip

Videos of Patrick recording messages to an apparent love interest have surfaced, but it's not clear if those were directed at Sapp.

Sapp did not return calls for comment.

The investigators on this case are aware of the PPO, but are not saying how it plays into their ongoing investigation. Family members say the revelations in the PPO are surprising and confusing, but point out that they do not clarify to them why Patrick would have disappeared.

Inside Edition ‏@InsideEdition 4m
Dr. Teleka Patrick goes missing, case baffles police http://bit.ly/1bCw0fO

Dr. Patrick's brother, Matthias, is baffled by her disappearance. She was last seen in surveillance video, trying to check into a Radisson Hotel in Kalamazoo, Michigan. She was turned away after trying to pay in cash. She stormed out of the hotel and her abandoned car was found in a ditch off an Indiana highway, 100 miles away.

INSIDE EDITION's Paul Boyd asked, "Do you have any idea who your sister is talking to in these new videos?"

Matthias said, "I really don't have any idea."

"Do you believe she's still alive?" asked Boyd.

"I believe she's alive," answered Matthias. "I just don't know where she is."

Yet another disturbing factor—a man claiming to be Dr. Patrick's ex-husband is saying she's delusional and suffers from mental illness.

Matthias said he never saw that side of his sister and he believes she met with foul play.

FOX 17 ‏@FOX17 9m
Protection order filed against missing #Kalamazoo doctor, according to #FindTeleka group: http://fox17online.com/2014/01/02/g...-filed-against-doctor-prior-to-disappearance/ …

The Find Teleka group issued a statement Wednesday detailing new developments in the case of the missing Kalamazoo doctor.

The statement, attributed to her parents Mattahias and Irene Patrick, mentions a personal protection order filed against Teleka prior to her December 2013 disappearance.

Her parents also address newly discovered videos that have called some to question her mental state.

“Regardless of Teleka’s emotional state, we believe wholeheartedly that she has encountered some harm or danger,” the letter says.

snip

Full statement:

There are so many details that have been revealed during the course of this investigation that confuse and hurt us all the more. We would like to thank Ismael Calderon for coming forward and giving us some insight as to what Teleka may have been thinking/ experiencing on the days leading up to her disappearance. We have the utmost respect for him. Regarding the YouTube videos that have been found, we do not have any information as to who or what she is referring to. We have had no indication of a recent significant other, besides a relationship that ended early this year.

Regardless of Teleka’s emotional state, we believe wholeheartedly that she has encountered some harm or danger. It is unlike her to go any significant length of time without any contact with family or friends.

Concerning the protection order that was filed against Teleka earlier this year, we have been advised by the Kalamazoo Sheriff’s Department that the release of this information could possibly impede the investigation into her disappearance. We encourage you to contact the Kalamazoo Sheriffs Department and the FBI with any questions that you have. Throughout the course of this investigation there have been more questions than answers and all we want is for our daughter to be brought home. We need closure. We need answers.

The fact that Teleka’s car was found with a flat tire on I-94 has not changed. The fact that she has not been seen since December 5th has not changed. These are the facts that frighten us. Teleka is missing and we want whoever has her or has harmed her in any way to come forward.

Teleka is our eldest child. One of three bright stars in our lives, and we won’t be whole again until she is found.

Protection Order
https://linmedia-cms.endplay.com/do...+Patrick/2f48180b-08e9-43f8-83fc-f38f7985643c

Sapp provided this statement Thursday evening:

"Throughout my career, my family and I have fallen victim to inappropriate attempts to contact me by several unknown individuals. As a father of three and pastor of one of the largest congregations in West Michigan, I cannot to take this kind of obsessive attention lightly. Given these previous acts, I have taken several security measures which have included obtaining a protective order to ensure our safety. Not only am I concerned about my family, I am deeply concerned about the well-being of all families. My prayers of love, safety, reconciliation and support are always and forever with God’s children."

http://www.woodtv.com/news/target-8/ppo-teleka-patrick-obsessed-with-marvin-sapp

The private detective just hired by Teleka Patrick’s parents claims the family fired the previous investigator.

In an email announcing the new development, Jim Carlin of Justinian Investigative Services says the missing woman’s parents “returned to Kalamazoo, and then terminated the services of the Kalamazoo private investigator who had been working on her disappearance.”

Carlin went on to claim that “too many individuals have given interviews that included misinformation” and that future questions and interview requests should be directed to his office.

http://fox17online.com/2014/01/03/teleka-patrics-parents-fired-previous-investigator/#ixzz2pLuCUWjq

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back