GUILTY MI - Jane Bashara, 56, dies in contract killing, Grosse Pointe Park, 25 Jan 2012 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all the reports I have seen, she made it home from work. The TV was on, purse and cell phone in the house. It really sounds like she was strangled in the home and her body driven to the area 6 miles from home. It probably won't take long to solve this one. If it was the husband, I am sure he made many mistakes that will trip him up.

correct - crime scene is the home.

According to the retired detective in the video, he said the fact LE said there's an accomplice means there's more probability the case will be solved. :websleuther:
It's called 'Let's make a deal.'

fran

I'm anxious for an arrest to hear more of the evidence. They've been very pointed and confident about saying the crime scene was the home, and that he's the only POI. The saddest thing is that nothing that can happen at this point will bring back a loving mom or make this nightmare go away for those two kids.

One person that did not make a public entrance into the church, her husband, Bob Bashara.

Bashara could be seen leaving his Grosse Pointe Park home about an hour before the funeral began. He entered the church through a back door before the crowds arrived.

police don't believe her killer acted alone. Sources tell Local 4 that an accomplice helped stage the crime scene as a robbery gone wrong. It was not.
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...shara/-/1719314/8570874/-/gjgt7y/-/index.html

Wow, the heat is on.

Wondering if "Big Bob" is starting to sweat yet.

Here are the latest developments:

Killed in the home: While Bashara's body was found in Detroit, investigators believe she was killed inside her Grosse Pointe Park home and the killer likely had an accomplice. [detnews]

Together that night? Bob Bashara initially told authorities he had not talked to his wife the evening of her death, but sources say the couple had spent part of the evening together in downtown Detroit. [wdiv]

An affair? Investigators reportedly questioned a woman who said she had been dating Bob Bashara, which would confirm reports that the couple's marriage was not stable. [detnews]

Bob at bar: Bob Bashara initially told authorities he had visited one of his rental properties before he returned home and found his wife missing. It appears that rental property was the Hard Luck Lounge, a bar that rents space in a building he owns. [freep]

Random reward: In a curious development, a man reportedly visited the Detroit neighborhood where Bashara's body was found and offered local residents a reward for information in the case. Residents were skeptical of the unofficial investigation, but it appears the man was a family friend with good intentions. [fox2]

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2012/01/murder_plot_thickens_as_friend.html

more at link (wow that pretty much sums it up!)

It's too bad they couldn't arrest him before the funeral. So disrespectful for him to be there.

If it was premeditated (and it sounds like that to me if he has an accomplice, unless it was after the fact), he sure didn't think it through very well.

Where were they (husband and wife) seen in the evening downtown?

did we know he had a lawyer?

Police said Bob Bashara's girlfriend listed him as a contact in work-related documents and Bob Bashara recently appeared in her Wayne State office multiple times. The woman told investigators Bob Bashara was planning to buy a house for her, but there were concerns about getting a mortgage, sources said.

Bob Bashara's attorney, John Brusstar, did not respond to a phone call and email seeking comment Monday.
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/...ntes-woman?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

http://lawyers.justia.com/lawyer/john-brusstar-732433
(he practices criminal law fwiw)

Their poor children have got to be going through a personal hell I never hope to know. God bless them and I hope they have a strong extended (maternal side of course) family to depend on right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lNana of8