GUILTY MI - Jane Bashara, 56, dies in contract killing, Grosse Pointe Park, 25 Jan 2012 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Jane's side of the family has hired a PI to try and find answers?!?

"Sources said a man was seen just hours later in the same area, near 7 Mile Road and Hoover Street, asking people for information in the case."

--if he was there 'just hrs. later' i don't think it would have been a P.I. for her family already.

--if the 'mystery guy' actually left a legit phone # on the "scribbled piece of paper" i'm sure LE knows who that # belongs to by now

--why is tracy coming out w/ this now?

not to mention... why would he say "case"...

I think some mis-reporting may be going on :) (surprise, surprise)

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2012 ... -of-events

Cops: Evidence contradicts Grosse Pointe Park husband's version of events

Police sources told The News that evidence shows Robert Bashara, 54, spent time with his wife Tuesday night, which contradicts the story he told investigators when he reported her missing Tuesday.

Bashara, who reported his wife missing Tuesday at 11:30 p.m., told police he was working at a rental property the last time the couple spoke that day. He said they agreed to meet at home at 8 p.m., but his wife wasn't there when he arrived. The TV was on, and her company ID card was in the home, he said.

Bashara told police he hadn't seen his wife after she returned from work. But evidence shows Bashara had contact with his wife that night, police sources said.

Hi - I'm new to the forums - but have been following this case since I live in Grosse Pointe Park. A couple of thoughts regarding this case. People have mentioned the potential connection to his rental properties and krowdkat says he's a slum lord. You can look up the properties he owns from this website ( http://www.waynecountylandrecords.com/ ) by putting his name in to the search engine. The few that come up in his name are within 3-4 miles of his house, you can street google the addresses to look at them. Not sure what the connection may be with his rentals - but there may be one. (Krowdkat - any elaboration on what 'weird' means? I know people that knew his wife, but my acquaintances don't seem to know the husband.)

Also mentioned was the fact the Detroit & GPP police are both working on the case and that was to GPP advantage to have Detroit police helping. I actually had the opposite reaction - thinking I was happy GPP police were working on the case. We haven't had a murder here since 1992. Our crime is very low and what crimes we do have - burglaries and thefts from cars being the majority - are generally solved very quickly. I believe our police force is very competent and will solve this. Detroit police have an abysmal 50% solve rate for homicides. I'll take our police force any day.

Everyone in the community was in an uproar and terrified when we first heard about the murder. I think the police chief has named Bob B. a person of interest to calm everyone's fears that a crazy person is not running around murdering Grosse Pointe housewives. I think they know more then they are saying and IMHO they are waiting until after the funeral out of respect for her children and the many friends she had until they arrest him. Since he's not about to leave town I think they are just biding their time.

Regarding how he got home if he was the killer - I googled the distance and route from his house to the murder scene and although walking would be a stretch it occurred to me biking would be a possibility. It would be a 45 minute bike ride and a bike would fit easily into the back of the SUV.

Sorry for the long post and thanks for all the insightful info and links.

:welcome:

The fact that police zeroed in on Mr.B and questioned the location of Mrs. B's murder might be because of the cadaver dog(s) they brought to the home and garage area. Perhaps there was a hit.

two glasses in the sink, maybe they had sex before dinner downtown-- this case isn't gonna be a mystery too long, I don't think. This wasn't a planned hit, or a man who has a good story. He wore his sunglasses the whole time he spoke during his second statement to media---that bothers me to no end. The last person I saw do that was the mother of a missing toddler who was just indicted (Canada, I believe...)

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/inve ... index.html
Sources: Grosse Pointe Park woman's killer did not act alone

Source: Crime scene was staged in 56-year-old woman's strangulation death

The Local 4 Defenders have learned that 56-year-old Jane Bashara, of Grosse Pointe Park, was not killed in her Mercedes-Benz sports utility vehicle.

Bashara was found dead Wednesday in the SUV which was parked in an alley near 7 Mile Road and Hoover Street in Detroit. Investigators tell Local 4 they don't believe she was killed in Detroit. They believe she was brought to Detroit after she was dead.

Moreover, police don't believe her killer acted alone. Sources tell Local 4 that an accomplice helped stage the crime scene as a robbery gone wrong. It was not.

I will never understand why people give a false version of a story when it can easily be proved otherwise. He said he had no contact with her, but there is allegedly video of them together downtown. WHY LIE? Why not start the lie after the last time they are together?? Better yet....TELL THE TRUTH.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...lone/-/1719314/8568588/-/vb1lfez/-/index.html

Grosse Pointe Park woman's killer did not act alone

Sources also tell Local 4 that investigators are taking a close look at Bob Bashara's business life.

They say he owns more than 50 rental properties such as homes in Harper Woods, Detroit and Grosse Pointe Park.

Investigators want to know out of all the tenants, did the Bashara family have an enemy or relationship with someone who would carry out a crime?

I will never understand why people give a false version of a story when it can easily be proved otherwise. He said he had no contact with her, but there is allegedly video of them together downtown. WHY LIE? Why not start the lie after the last time they are together?? Better yet....TELL THE TRUTH.

..wherever it was that he met w/ her---he clearly didn't realize that there was video surveillance.

..we had an early news article where LE had requested surveillance video from her employer ( maybe 'big bobb' is seen meeting up w/ her in the parking garage? his very distinctive --plated-- car seen following hers? who knows..)

..liars aren't like you "mrsu" ---that's their problem, they don't think rationally.

..or (cough*kc*cough) believe that people will actually believe what they say just b/c they're saying it.

..this is a HUGE lie for 'big bobb' to have been caught in !

Regarding how he got home if he was the killer - I googled the distance and route from his house to the murder scene and although walking would be a stretch it occurred to me biking would be a possibility. It would be a 45 minute bike ride and a bike would fit easily into the back of the SUV.

A 300 pound white guy from Gross Pointe biking several miles through some of the roughest parts of Detroit? Should have plenty of witnesses along his route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat