GUILTY MI - Jane Bashara, 56, dies in contract killing, Grosse Pointe Park, 25 Jan 2012 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Detroit and GP LE are looking into whether or not Bob Bashara might be responsible for the call girl murders?!? Yikes, I'm going to bed now.

Udated information at this link:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...out/-/1719418/8562622/-/14t54hlz/-/index.html

Her daughter was on the phone with her as she was going home from work. Police are still not focusing on ANYONE other than Mr. Bashara. So sad.

--thanks for the link!

Sunday night there were also new developments on the lie detector test that Bashara took on Friday.

According to police, there are inconsistencies involving the timeline that Bashara gave in his interviews with police. The inconsistencies stem from the time he told police Jane Bashara made her way to the house and the time he said he arrived at the house.

--video @ link

--her sister amd mom viewed the body----they say there is evidence she fought back---her hands were bruised, fingernails broken and cracked.

( this may have been previously posted also---but another article proving she died a violent death w/ trauma to the body---plus strangulation.)

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/wayne_county/source-bashara-failed-polygraph-test

"Bashara called police around 11:30 p.m. Tuesday to report his wife, Jane, missing. The next morning, her body was found in her SUV on Detroit’s east side. There were signs of trauma to her back, throat and chest. An autopsy also revealed she had been strangled. "

---sounds like a crime of passion to me----and not some wacked out dude on 7 mile killing her for her credit cards.

--her sister amd mom viewed the body----they say there is evidence she fought back---her hands were bruised, fingernails broken and cracked.

It would seem that whomever killed her would have some scratches and bruising. Was any of this evident on the husband?

It would seem that whomever killed her would have some scratches and bruising. Was any of this evident on the husband?

--good observation "Dewey".

--LE hasn't said anything about injury to the husband, but they did get a S/W to go through the house/garage while he was at PDHQ, of course they haven't said what, other than a computer, that they removed from the home.

--and he remains their one and only POI.

I wonder if Detroit and GP LE are looking into whether or not Bob Bashara might be responsible for the call girl murders?!? Yikes, I'm going to bed now.

EXACTLY what I was thinking!

I am kinda local to this case and just did some searching to see if there was already a thread for Jane (I added her name to the thread title as well)...

nothing much new here:
http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/wayne_county/source-bashara-failed-polygraph-test

but it was updated 13 minutes ago to give service details:
Visitation is Monday 3:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. at Peters Funeral Home at 8 Mile Road and Mack.
Funeral service is 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at Grosse Pointe Memorial Church on Lakeshore next to War Memorial.

Read more: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/wayne_county/source-bashara-failed-polygraph-test#ixzz1kxhyc07T

If her fingernails were broken, hopefully there will be good DNA evidence under some nails that can't be explained by casual contact.

Some of the comments to local stories say she was in her slippers. Some people do go out in their slippers, but they are usually teens not older women.

I'm over 40 and have run out in my slippers. Usually just to the mail box or dumpster to take out the trash, but I have run to our local 7-11 about 3/4 a mile away in my slippers.

I hadn't even thought of that. Kind of creepy considering his earlier comment about losing a girlfriend and a partner. My first impression of that comment was he was talking about losing more than one person.

My son-in-law knows this guy personally and describes him as a very weird man. He is a big guy @ 6'3" approx 280 lbs. He's a slum lord and own's apartment complexes in Detroit. Also of note, their youngest child left home last fall to attend MSU. I wonder what was really going on in their marriage after their two kids left home. My daughter and her husband live a mile from the Bashara's home. I'm fairly certain this case will be resolved rather quickly.

Hi - I'm new to the forums - but have been following this case since I live in Grosse Pointe Park. A couple of thoughts regarding this case. People have mentioned the potential connection to his rental properties and krowdkat says he's a slum lord. You can look up the properties he owns from this website ( http://www.waynecountylandrecords.com/ ) by putting his name in to the search engine. The few that come up in his name are within 3-4 miles of his house, you can street google the addresses to look at them. Not sure what the connection may be with his rentals - but there may be one. (Krowdkat - any elaboration on what 'weird' means? I know people that knew his wife, but my acquaintances don't seem to know the husband.)

Also mentioned was the fact the Detroit & GPP police are both working on the case and that was to GPP advantage to have Detroit police helping. I actually had the opposite reaction - thinking I was happy GPP police were working on the case. We haven't had a murder here since 1992. Our crime is very low and what crimes we do have - burglaries and thefts from cars being the majority - are generally solved very quickly. I believe our police force is very competent and will solve this. Detroit police have an abysmal 50% solve rate for homicides. I'll take our police force any day.

Everyone in the community was in an uproar and terrified when we first heard about the murder. I think the police chief has named Bob B. a person of interest to calm everyone's fears that a crazy person is not running around murdering Grosse Pointe housewives. I think they know more then they are saying and IMHO they are waiting until after the funeral out of respect for her children and the many friends she had until they arrest him. Since he's not about to leave town I think they are just biding their time.

Regarding how he got home if he was the killer - I googled the distance and route from his house to the murder scene and although walking would be a stretch it occurred to me biking would be a possibility. It would be a 45 minute bike ride and a bike would fit easily into the back of the SUV.

Sorry for the long post and thanks for all the insightful info and links.

Hi - I'm new to the forums - but have been following this case since I live in Grosse Pointe Park. A couple of thoughts regarding this case. People have mentioned the potential connection to his rental properties and krowdkat says he's a slum lord. You can look up the properties he owns from this website ( http://www.waynecountylandrecords.com/ ) by putting his name in to the search engine. The few that come up in his name are within 3-4 miles of his house, you can street google the addresses to look at them. Not sure what the connection may be with his rentals - but there may be one. (Krowdkat - any elaboration on what 'weird' means? I know people that knew his wife, but my acquaintances don't seem to know the husband.)

Also mentioned was the fact the Detroit & GPP police are both working on the case and that was to GPP advantage to have Detroit police helping. I actually had the opposite reaction - thinking I was happy GPP police were working on the case. We haven't had a murder here since 1992. Our crime is very low and what crimes we do have - burglaries and thefts from cars being the majority - are generally solved very quickly. I believe our police force is very competent and will solve this. Detroit police have an abysmal 50% solve rate for homicides. I'll take our police force any day.

Everyone in the community was in an uproar and terrified when we first heard about the murder. I think the police chief has named Bob B. a person of interest to calm everyone's fears that a crazy person is not running around murdering Grosse Pointe housewives. I think they know more then they are saying and IMHO they are waiting until after the funeral out of respect for her children and the many friends she had until they arrest him. Since he's not about to leave town I think they are just biding their time.

Regarding how he got home if he was the killer - I googled the distance and route from his house to the murder scene and although walking would be a stretch it occurred to me biking would be a possibility. It would be a 45 minute bike ride and a bike would fit easily into the back of the SUV.

Sorry for the long post and thanks for all the insightful info and links.

Great first post. Very well thought out and informative. :welcome::fireworks:

(respectfully snipped)

---sounds like a crime of passion to me----and not some wacked out dude on 7 mile killing her for her credit cards.

Yep. Women are more likely to killed by someone they know, and the number one COD is strangulation. (At least it was last time I looked.)

Do you recall the weather that day? I know it was snowing a lot on Friday and would've been very tough to ride a bike on Friday night, but it's been unseasonably warm here off and on..... (im just across the border in Ontario)

SusieQ, my son-in-law knows him from golfing at LCC. He says he's a big talker but not always believable and he gambles a lot.

The reason I like the fact that Detroit PD is assisting is because they have MORE experience investigating murders. Even if they only have a 50% solve rate Detroit is dealing with over 500 murders per year. The 50% rate probably has more to do with staffing and man hours more than ability. They would obviously have more access to high tech crime solving resources than the pointes which have literally only had 3 murders in over 20 years.

Thanks so much for the links to research the rental properties. I've been scouring everything I can find (which wasn't much) on that issue.

For anyone interested, clickondetroit has a commentor who seems to know Mr. Bashara personally from Lochmoor Country Club and this poster sheds some light onto Big Bobb's darker side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda