MI MI - Jodi Parrack, 11, abducted & murdered, Constantine, 7 Nov 2007

Jodi's visitation is today, funeral Tuesday.
"Meanwhile, officials at Eley Funeral Home in Constantine said they were expecting a large number of people to be on hand Monday during visitation for Jodi, which was scheduled for 2 to 4 and 6 to 8 p.m. A funeral service for the girl is scheduled for 11 a.m. Tuesday at Trinity Missionary Church in Constantine." (from the Kalamazoo Gazette)

There is a sex offender living just a stone's throw from that cemetery (2/10ths of a mile). I'd imagine, though, that police would have already questioned him and the rest of the 26 or so offenders living in Constantine.

An old friend of mine lives just down the road from Constantine (on Constantine Rd, in fact) and she told me of suspicious vehicles following kids in the area weeks ago. She said local parents were frustrated because they weren't sure how seriously the police were taking the situation.

Steve/Mr. A

Very frustrated. My son's school sent home a note, informing parents to surpervise more closely. Hopefully, with the FBI involved things will move more quickly. It's not going to help that paramedics were called when jer mom found her, so the crime scene was disturbed. So odd, that no visible signs of trauma were found. Our neighborhood watch chairwoman thinks Jodi's friends 'scared her to death and put her in the cemetery when they realized she was dead.'

Jodi's visitation is today, funeral Tuesday.
"Meanwhile, officials at Eley Funeral Home in Constantine said they were expecting a large number of people to be on hand Monday during visitation for Jodi, which was scheduled for 2 to 4 and 6 to 8 p.m. A funeral service for the girl is scheduled for 11 a.m. Tuesday at Trinity Missionary Church in Constantine." (from the Kalamazoo Gazette)

So there must have been a completed autopsy and tox screen etc...?

It just seems like a quick turnaround considering the circumstances.

It just seems like a quick turnaround considering the circumstances.

I'm confused as well. No obvious signs of trauma, yet it was ruled homicide right away by the ME.

Very frustrated. My son's school sent home a note, informing parents to surpervise more closely. Hopefully, with the FBI involved things will move more quickly. It's not going to help that paramedics were called when jer mom found her, so the crime scene was disturbed. So odd, that no visible signs of trauma were found. Our neighborhood watch chairwoman thinks Jodi's friends 'scared her to death and put her in the cemetery when they realized she was dead.'

Seriously?!

Susan

I'm confused as well. No obvious signs of trauma, yet it was ruled homicide right away by the ME.

Count me in on that too. They must know something they are not releasing to the public.

Anybody know if the ME is a real doctor? Recent cases discussed here on WS have shown that you can't always depend on them knowing what they are doing. It could have been just a funeral director who did the autopsy.

susan

Seriously?!

Susan
Seriously. I felt like I was having a conversation from the 'Twilight Zone'. I didn't know what to say in response. I think I said ingesting Aqua Dots would be more likely.

Anybody know if the ME is a real doctor? Recent cases discussed here on WS have shown that you can't always depend on them knowing what they are doing. It could have been just a funeral director who did the autopsy.

susan

Good question. Just this: "Jodi was found dead Thursday night in the Constantine Township Cemetery by her mother. Authorities have ruled her death a homicide, but have declined to release the cause of her death."
Kalamazoo Gazette: http://blog.mlive.com/kzgazette/2007/11/sitll_no_suspects_in_constanti.html

susan

It is a Dr. Cohle according to the last link I posted.

Thanks Lola. Dr. Cohle is very experienced so I feel sure the exact cause of death will be determined.

This is a very perplexing case. I hope that answers come quickly. I wonder if they possibly already have a POI?

If LE does, they are keeping it under wraps. They've gotten over 200 tips and have a few vehicle-types of interest.

If she was fleeing the murderer, she may have been panic and frantic, and either rode towards the cemetery to divert the culprit away from her house so he/she didn't know where she lived, or just out of panic. She could have dropped her bike and then ran, thinking maybe she could hide somewhere in the cemetery. Young children would panic under these circumstances, and not necessarily be able to think clearly in such a state of mind. If the killer was someone local or didn't want to be recognized that would be why she was murdered. A normal sex pervert would leave some kind of sex evidence. So even if it was a pervert, something had to distract him from kidnapping her or doing something disgusting.
I'm sure the LE can't release the COD, they have to have something left secret for when they interview the suspects. Some people are crazy and will confess to crimes they had nothing to do with, so the COD would be important to keep under wraps. I would think some kind of drug was used if there was no visible trauma.
Does anyone know if Jodi had a history of asthma?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back